UTracks Reviews (133)Write a review
Camino - Sarria to SantiagoWritten on September 3rd, 2020We were extremely happy with our Camino trip. Everything was organized up to the dot and went very smoothly. We love hotels and enjoyed our 2 upgrades. Tour Rad…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewThank you for your review and fabulous images Viktoriya! Ryan and the team at UTracks
JenniferWritten on August 10th, 2020A well organized tour, but really hard walking, steep climbs and little ‘free time’. The timing given are active walking so you need to add extra for breaks and…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewThank you for your constructive review of this fabulous, physically challenging hike. We are so pleased you were able to enjoy this naturally socially distancing walk during the day and stay at night in responsible accommodation. We look forward to you joining another great walking or cycling trip with UTracks.
JenniferWritten on November 21st, 2019The arrangements were faultless. The weather let us down one day, but then it is late November. Capri is a jewel to behold.UTracks commented on this reviewThanks for your review. We are so pleased the weather was great on the most part. Best wishes from the team at UTracks
MaureenWritten on November 6th, 2019Enjoyed the ride. Challenging at times but we made it. They need to point out, very clearly, the areas that are not suitable for a bike. They need to indicat…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewThanks so much for your review Maureen. Please send us a pm regarding your e-bike issues. Our ground services would have been able to assist you with this problem. We are so pleased you enjoyed the ride and will certainly take on board your suggestions. All the best from the team at UTracks
GaryWritten on October 26th, 2019This bike tour should be good and fun if there were more varieties of E-bike available for choices. My wife who is not good at cycling both at technique and phy…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Gary. Our office in Canada will be in contact regarding your concerns about the e-bike. Whilst e-bikes are heavier than regular bikes it is unusual that they are considered too big. So we would be keen to learn more about your wife's experience. All the best from the team at UTracks
AnonymousWritten on October 24th, 2019Just a marvellous walk from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. Rained a bit. A bit cold at times. But such a wonderful, relaxed, enjoyable experience. The vario…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewHi John, Great to hear you had a marvellous Camino pilgrimage with UTracks. We adore the family-run accommodation - it really adds a personal touch. Thanks also for your photos, we truly appreciate it. Will from UTracks
ToddWritten on October 14th, 2019Was amazing! Our first time in Switzerland and loved it. Hotel was perfect and the service man Chif gave amazing service and was a perfect interpreter for our …Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewHi Todd, Your trip looks amazing! Switzerland is definitely a wonderful country. Looking forward to helping you organise your active travels for next year. Thanks, Will from UTracks
Puglia Guided WalkWritten on October 12th, 2019Our tour was amazing from start to finish, due in large part to our most excellent guide Gianluca Dentico. Thanks to him, I learned more about the history, cult…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewWhat a lovely way to celebrate your birthday, waking up in Matera. We are pleased you enjoyed the trip and will pass on your comments to Gianluca. Best wishes from the team at UTracks
Camino - Sarria to SantiagoWritten on October 9th, 2019The self guide was great. The I Buen Camino was lovely in the trail ,. The small hotels were all excellent and the receptions were clean and the luggage were be…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewThanks very much for your review Robert. We are so pleased you enjoyed the experience. Best wishes from the team at UTracks
SusanWritten on October 3rd, 2019Sebastien was a fantastic guide with a quiet dry sense of humour. I loved his relationship with our mule who was well cared for. All the hikers carried part o…Read moreUTracks commented on this reviewThank you indeed for your review of this fabulous walk. We hope to see you on another UTracks trip. Best wishes The Team at UTracks
Health & Safety Guidelines
Your Well Being is our Priority
Whilst the impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic on our passenger’s travel plans, our hard-working staff and our ground operators in Europe has been devastating, we are now looking forward with optimism to a brighter 2021. From July, we have travellers cycling and walking in Europe with borders opening up and safety plans in place.
The ongoing safety of our travellers is our top priority. Our style of travel is naturally already adhering to social distancing guidelines. However, our travellers will be interested in the policies adopted by our accommodation providers, boat operators and the government policies regarding public transport and social distancing. Individual countries, in conjunction with health authorities, have set policies based on ensuring the safety of travellers. Our partners will be strictly adhering to these policies and in many instances going beyond to provide hygienic and safe environments for our travellers.
Examples of what our travellers may expect when joining a cycling or walking holiday in the coming months (subject to change without notice depending on current health advice).
On joining a boat based or group guided holiday you will be required to complete a health declaration form. If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 you will be unable to join the tour. Guides, crew and/or hotel staff will usually be required to complete a health declaration and questioned daily about their health.
When boarding or checking in at hotels:
- You may be allocated a fixed time for embarkation or check-in to avoid queues.
- Your luggage which is handled by third parties will be disinfected (handles).
- Room keys / key cards will be disinfected before being handed over.
- Markers will be provided at reception to ensure social distancing.
- Temperature checks may occur on boarding / check-in. Crew/staff will be temperature checked daily and questioned regarding their ongoing health.
General hygiene in the hotel / on board the boat:
- Where it is not possible to maintain a 1.5 metre distance between people, we ask that you wear a mask. Many boat operators will require you and the crew to wear a mask in common areas except when seated for dining.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up throughout the hotel and on board boats. You will be encouraged to regularly handwash / sanitise throughout your stay.
- High touch areas will be cleaned / disinfected regularly through the day with a log kept.
- Rooms / cabins will be thoroughly sanitised between guests. For longer stays when staff/crew enter your cabin / room, they will wear a mask and take all precautions to maintain strict hygiene practices including disposal of cleaning wipes and gloves after each room / cabin has been cleaned, hand sanitizing between cleans etc. to avoid cross contamination.
- On our alpine walks when staying in mountain refuges/ gites, you will now need to bring a light weight sleeping bag and pillow. Pillows and blankets will no longer be provided by the hosts.
- In refuge dormitory rooms, only members of the same group will be accommodated in each room.
- Standing areas in bars will not be available.
- Drinks and snacks will be individual and not shared.
- Whilst live music may be provided with appropriate social distancing in place, dancing will not be allowed. Board games, magazines and library facilities will not be available.
- These will be served to you and not provided as a buffet (including breakfast).
- Only travellers sharing the same room or cabin and household will be permitted to sit together during mealtimes, except for our small group guided trips where members of the travelling group will be seated together.
- Two sittings may be required in the dining room in order to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- There will be no shared items such as table spices or butter pots.
- All bikes will be provided with disinfected seats and handles.
- Staff handing over bikes will wear face masks and gloves.
- Many countries are requiring people to wear facemasks on public transport and in shops. For the most current information, please refer to the individual countries’ health advices.
- As capacity may be limited on buses and trains you will need to allow plenty of time to travel to your destination.
- Bookings are required on longer journeys (outside urban areas).
Visiting Tourist Sites
- Most tourist sites will require advance purchase tickets for a set date and time.
- As numbers are limited it is advisable to book well in advance.
- Bookings will be required for many restaurants.
- You may need to supply contact details to restaurants and some bars and shops on entering.
- Seating will be limited in order to comply with local social distancing guidelines. Seating in some restaurants may only be available outside.
The above information represents examples of what procedures are likely to be in place for your trip whilst the virus remains. These will be dependent on the country and region of travel, local health authority advice and current conditions and may be adapted and changed over the months depending on these factors.
As a traveller, we recommend you also take your own precautions at this time including using a face mask when social distancing is difficult, regular handwashing of at least 30 seconds, avoiding touching your face and ensuring that you respect social distancing requirements. Such precautions are likely familiar already if you are out and about in your neighbourhood, visiting shopping centres and/or taking public transport.
We appreciate that some of these new procedures may seem overwhelming, however it is important to remember that for the majority of the time, as you are walking or cycling during the day, the pleasures of active travel and exploring will not be compromised. There may also be some silver linings including reduced crowding of tourist sites and genuine warmth from locals happy to see travellers returning.
Contact our Travel Experts
+1 844 311 3006
Our team of experienced tour specialists have travelled to hundreds of countries around the globe and have decades of first-hand travel experience to share. Contact us now to have all of your tour-related questions answered!