- 1976 (refurbished in 1999 and 2002)
- Cruising Speed
- 12 knots
As of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-million-dollar renovation and be officially renamed the “Ocean Adventurer”.
The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travellers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodelled as well as the Bar.
Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.
- 57 outside cabins with exterior views and en-suite facilities
- TV and DVD player in every cabin
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- 24 hour beverage service
- Polar Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Polar Boutique
- Multi-purpose lounge and presentation room
- Exercise Room
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email, and wireless, Internet access
Staterooms / Suites
- (128 ft²)
- Lower Deck (133 ft²)
- with Porthole Main Deck (118 ft²)
- with Window Main Deck (139 ft²)
- Superior (142 ft²)
- Deluxe (160 ft²)
- Suite (215 ft²)
- Owner's Suite (290 ft²)
- Porthole windows
Dining room located on the Upper Deck
Ocean Adventurer Tours
- Northwest Passage: Epic High Arctic 17 daysStarts OttawaEnds Ottawa$18,390
- Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen 14 daysStarts AberdeenEnds Longyearbyen$7,690 $6,921-10%
- Russian High Arctic Odyssey 22 daysStarts HelsinkiEnds Helsinki$17,990 $16,191-10%
- East Greenland and Iceland Northern Lights 14 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$10,495 $9,446-10%
- Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland 18 daysStarts OsloEnds Reykjavik$16,165 $14,549-10%