“This was one of the highlights of my trekking. We landed in Lukla and then instead of walking straight to Everest base camp we took a turn via the Gotka lakes. WOW!!! what incredible beauty. I cannot begin to describe how incredibly beautiful and blue thes...“
- South America, East Asia, East Africa and Indochina
- Passionate about what we do
- Small group tours
- You are our hero
What started out of as a commitment to family to Climb Kilimanjaro quickly turned into a passion for high peaks and adventure travel around the world. And so Nomadic Adventures was born out of the desire to offer these amazing experiences with others around the world...
What started out of as a commitment to family to Climb Kilimanjaro quickly turned into a passion for high peaks and adventure travel around the world. And so Nomadic Adventures was born out of the desire to offer these amazing experiences with others around the world. We don’t just sell the tours, we do the tours ourselves. We have spent time with the mountain gorilla of Rwanda, trekked to the North Face of Everest, visited the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu, engaged in cultural dances with the Nepalese and witnessed the migration of the wildebeest from Tanzania to Kenya. And our journeys continue so that we may gain first hand experience or our areas. With Nomadic Adventures you become the Hero of your own story.Read more
37 Nomadic Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- RaziyaBobatKilimanjaro Short Hike 6 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 19, 2019Go for it! It's an awesome experience.Nomadic Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for your review Raziya. We enjoyed sharing the experience with you
- SSeepsZondiKilimanjaro Rongai Route 8 days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 15, 2019My man Mzui - champion. Loved it. Just got back and loved it - the bug has bitten. Services were fantastic as before and the advise from Debs really good. Defin…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewSo great to have your feedback and well done - you said you would. We look forward to hosting you on your next climb...Everest base camp?
- RROBBIECOOKEKilimanjaro Machame Route Climb 8 days4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 20, 2019An absolutely great experience. Very comforting to know all relevant arrangements pertaining flights, accommodation and most importantly the climbing experienc…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much Robbie - really great to hear. Juma has become a friend to many which means both of your are blessed. We appreciate your great feedback
- GidaBest of Vietnam in 11 days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 16, 2019Doing the personalised tour was definitely the way to go and it was just enough time everywhere not to get templed out / scenery out. There was no transfer iss…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewGida thanks so much for your wonderful review. Very thorough and comprehensive overview of everything. We are pleased we could help turn your trip into a reality and great that it was so special. We hope to host you again in the future.
- AAnnOwenKilimanjaro Machame Route Climb 8 days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 8, 2019We could not have been more pleased with our tour experience! Our guide, Charles, and all of the porters associated with our group were excellent -- they all t…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewAnn thanks so much for your wonderful review. Charles has sadly stopped guiding but doing well in corporate as expected. We hope to host you both again soon. Keep up the charity work
- JosephKilimanjaro Machame Route Climb 8 days4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 7, 2019We went in May 2008 for our honeymoon. the transportation and accomodations were great. staff at the hotel as well as on our trek were excellent and we felt ve…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Jo. Hard to believe how time flies. Juma is still climbing every week. Thanks so much for trusting us with your honeymoon trip.
- RRosMabelisEverest Panorama Short Trek - Slow Paced5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 7, 2019A delightful introduction to trekking in Nepal. Forever surrounded by magnificent Himalaya mountains! Guide and porter always attentive to my well being at alti…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewRos what a wonderful review. The guides are such an integral part of the journey and the people along the way really are amazing. Khumjung is my favorite. Thank you
- CChristineEverest Base Camp Trek4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 7, 2019A trip of a lifetime and a dream come true for me. Fabulous organization by Debra and Nomadic Adventures as well as the team in Kathmandu, who took care of all …Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewChristine was a lovely review of the tour. We enjoyed hosting you and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
- KKathleenJamesMt Kenya Sirimon Chagoria 5 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 6, 2019We were told Mt Kenya is very different to Kilimanjaro and it is true. It is more like a mountain. We loved it and possibly more thank Kili. Michael was a lot o…Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewKathleen thanks for giving a great comparison between Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya - very different indeed. We are looking forward to hosting you on your next tip coming up.
- SSandraLaBellaEverest Base Camp Trek5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 2, 2019This was one of the highlights of my trekking. We landed in Lukla and then instead of walking straight to Everest base camp we took a turn via the Gotka lakes. …Read moreNomadic Adventures commented on this reviewSandra what an amazing description. You certaily captured the beauty, majesty, calmness and essense of what this trek is all about. Thanks for taking the time to give others a great desciption of the journey.
Nomadic Adventures Tours
About Nomadic Adventures
Nomadic Adventures videos
- Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
- Kilimanjaro Machame Route
- What makes Kilimanjaro great
- Everest Base Camp
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
For hiking and trekking tours will I need to bring my own sleeping bag?
Yes you will. Where you are camping we provide sleeping mats. You can also rent a sleeping bag at most destinations to avoid having to travel with one.
What are the tipping recommendations?
In most places tipping is expected. We will advise you in advance what the norm is.
Can I store excess luggage at the starting point hotel for climbs and treks?
Most starting point hotels can store your excess luggage for you.
What happens if I need to abandon my trip part way through?
Unfortunately this is something every traveler has to consider. Anything from a stomach bug to altitude sickness or an illness of someone back home can occur. Any associated expenses to get you back to the main departure point for your flight will be for your expense which is why insurance is required.
Is it possible to book extra nights of hotel accommodation before or after my tour?
Yes it is possible to arrange additional accommodation at the starting or ending hotels. Please contact us for more details and we definitely help you out.
Do we need medical insurance and can you provide it?
We require that you have adequate medical travel insurance on all the tours of around USD$200,000 worth of emergency evacuation and repatriation coverage. We are not insurance brokers but suggest two options here depending on your country of origin. https://www.nomadicadventures.co.za/Insurance.html
In the case of a hiking or climbing tour, adequate, means you must be covered for
trekking or hiking - this may sound strange, but many insurance list that as an exclusion.
altitude up to 6,000 meters. Most travel insurance providers do not include this under their standard cover and often limit it to 3500m or less.
4. Sprains strains and physiotherapy - yes, many insurers exclude this; though ironically, this is what you will most likely need cover for.
5. personal accident and repatriation
Do any of your tours have luggage weight restrictions?
Yes tours like Everest hikes or Kilimanjaro carry weight limitations. We will notify you what it is based on the tour you choose.
Are children allowed on your tours?
Some of our tours such as climbing or hiking are not suitable for children under the age of 12 years old and some tours have an age restriction. Let us know the ages of your children so that we can let you know.
What's the age range of a group trip?
The general age group of most of our tours is 25 to 65. For anyone over 60 on a climbing or trekking tour, we may request additional medical details.
Is it possible to upgrade the hotel options?
Definitely yes. Please contact us for details on accommodation options/ upgrades and we'll be happy to assist you. The only time we cannot is on lodge treks or where mountain huts are used.