- One of the leading suppliers of river cruises in Europe
- Excellent Customer Service
nicko cruises Flussreisen GmbH is one of the leading suppliers for river cruises in Europe and disposes over a modern as well as comfortable fleet. The company is active on two continents and travels through all tourist waterways in demand in the world as well as sev...
nicko cruises Flussreisen GmbH is one of the leading suppliers for river cruises in Europe and disposes over a modern as well as comfortable fleet. The company is active on two continents and travels through all tourist waterways in demand in the world as well as several coastal sections. "More experiences. Enjoyed in comfort." - that is the programme at nicko cruises. It does not matter in which part of the world: The comfort and individual travelling experience of the passengers are always in the foreground. Thanks to the many travelling routes that we offer, every person will find their matching river cruise. The ships of the nicko cruises fleet all have the equivalent standard (except Russia) of 4 to 5 star hotels on-land according to German standards. Once only catering to the German-speaking market, they now have opened operations for the English speaking market as well. The onboard languages are German and English and shore excursions are conducted in each language. To secure your space for the English speaking shore excursions it is advised to do so at the time of booking the cruise.Read more
39 Nicko Cruises Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 2.5 / 5
- EWEliza8-days Porto-Douro Valley-Porto4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 25, 2019Pedro was excellent. He was very knowledgeable, patient, and accommodating.Nicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Eliza Wong-Archee, Thank you for your review! It's good to hear that you enjoyed the cruise and that you were accompanied by caring staff. Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- CLChristopher15 days Passau-Danube Delta-Passau4.0 - GoodWritten on November 20, 2019We knew from reviews that very few guests on our Danube River cruise would be from English speaking countries, the company catering for German clients. (Only 6…Read moreNicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Christopher Linton, Thank you very much for your lovely review! It's nice to hear that you really enjoyed the cruise even if the mayority of guests were German speaking. We hope to see you again on one of our cruises. Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- PDurocher8 days Cologne-Belgium-Holland-Cologne4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 13, 2019We read the Nicko cruise reviews regarding the German language predominance and made sure to book a cruise that was advertised as "English friendly". It turns o…Read moreNicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear PDurocher, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's nice to see how travelling brings people from all over the world together. We hope to see you again on one of our trips. Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- SHScott8 days Cologne-Amsterdam-Rüdesheim-Basel2.0 - Rather poorWritten on November 10, 2019Cruise director was sick exposed all passengers to her illness, boat propellers damaged as boat was ran aground transported to location blocks from train statio…Read moreNicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Scott Hastings, Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for the inconviniences you had during your cruise. We always try to improve our services and hope it won't happen again. Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- OMOctavian8 days Passau-Budapest-Passau5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 9, 2019Nice trip Awful cruise guideNicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Octavian Moga, Thank's for your feedback, we will forward it to our partners and try to improve our services. Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- SCSAU HOE8 days Cologne-Amsterdam-Rüdesheim-Basel4.0 - GoodWritten on November 1, 2019On the second day the ship went aground! Cound I believe that the propeller hit the base of the Rhine River!?!?Nicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Sau Hoe, Thank you for your review! We're really sorry about your inconviniences. The reason for the grounding was the very low water level. That is unfortunately beyond our control. Kind regards your nicko cruises team
- ACAlicia8-days Passau-Budapest-Passau (including Linz)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 18, 2019No more comments from me
- RRRodney8 days Cologne-Amsterdam-Rüdesheim-Basel4.0 - GoodWritten on October 18, 2019The itinery was not all that good....could be better. Food very good. Travel was pleasant. pitty very litle English with little to no activities. On board recre…Read moreNicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Rodney Rutter, Thank you for your review! We're sorry for your inconviniences but we appreciate honest feedback so we can try to improve our services. Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- RHrobert8-days Passau-Budapest-Passau (including Linz)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 12, 2019Greatly enjoyed our trip and will do another one.Nicko Cruises commented on this reviewDear Robert Hunter, Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a great time on board. We hope to see you soon! Kind regards, your nicko cruises team
- LJLeena8 days Cologne-Amsterdam-Rüdesheim-Basel3.0 - AverageWritten on October 11, 2019Overall Experience: Tour Radar should have informed me before booking or at the time of initial booking that this Cruise is a German Cruise. As such majority of…Read moreNicko Cruises commented on this reviewLeena Joshi, Thank you for your review! We always appreciate honest feedback and try to improve our services. We're very sorry for the inconviniences you had during your cruise. Unfortunately we can't provide an internet connection all the time because we can't run a cable. We're sorry for the language barrier you had on the cruise, we already working on solutions and programs for English speaking guests. We hope you still made some nice memories. Kind regards your nicko cruises team
Nicko Cruises Tours
About Nicko Cruises
Nicko Cruises video
Nicko Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus PrincessSail along Europe’s mighty rivers, taking in stunning landscapes while you envelop yourself in luxury and sophistication that&… Read moreLength110mWidth11.4mSuites2Staterooms78
- MS Rhein MelodieModern meets comfort on board our MS RHEIN MELODIE. This luxurious riverboat with the highest demands in design extends over a length of 1… Read moreBuilt2005 (refurbished in 2014)Guests198Crew40Length132 m / 433 ftStaterooms99Gross Tonnage4800 gtElectricity220vBeam12 m / 39 ftCruising Speed12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mphDraft2m
- MS DalmatiaA dream ship for a wonderful trip along the Dalmatian coast: The small and fine MS DALMATIA only offers space for 32 guests in 17 comfort… Read moreGuests32Crew6Length34.3mWidth7.8mElectricity220vDraft2.3m
- MS Douro CruiserWelcome on board our MS DOURO CRUISER. You are guaranteed the best views here! Relay on the sun deck and enjoy the magnificent landscape… Read moreGuests80Crew22Length83mWidth9.5mElectricity220vDraft1.1m
- MS Douro PrincePersonal ambience in the most spectacular wine-growing region in the world awaits you on board the MS DOURO PRINCE. Travel through the un… Read moreGuests46Crew18Length57mWidth8.85mElectricity220vDraft1.8m
- MS MaximaOur MS MAXIMA is a classic comfortable ship. The spacious outer cabins are equipped in style and comfort. On the middle and upper deck, a… Read moreGuests180Crew40Length126.7mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.5m
- MS Katharina Von BoraThe atmosphere on this charming ship is comfortable- wherever you go on it. Being in the elegantly furnished cabins, the spacious panoram… Read moreGuests80Crew22Length83mWidth9.5mElectricity220vDraft1.1m
- MS Frederic ChopinUnforgettable experiences are awaiting you on-board the MS FREDERIC CHOPIN. The comfortable cabins and the public areas that have furnish… Read moreGuests80Crew22Length83mWidth9.5mElectricity220vDraft1.1m
- MS Steigenberger Omar el KhayamMS STEIGENBERGER OMAR EL KHAYAM is one of the most comfortable and modern cruise ships on Lake Nasser in Egypt. The spacious sun deck wit… Read moreGuests160Crew125Length113mWidth17mDraft2.6m
- MS Rhein SymphonieModern and elegant trip on “Father Rhine” - expect bright rooms and plenty of space for your dream river cruise on our MS RHE… Read moreGuests196Crew40Length132mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft2m
- MS ViktoriaHave a relaxing time – and why not on our well favoured MS VIKTORIA! The tasteful ambient, a particularly high level… Read moreGuests180Crew40Length126.7mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.5m
- MS Bijou du RhoneOur precious jewel in Southern France welcomes you - guaranteeing the highest feel-good factor from the first day. The famous "Laiss… Read moreGuests150Crew40Length114.3mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.5m
- MS BoleroComfort, style, modern facilities and a lot of panorama are awaiting you on-board the MS BOLERO. Enjoy the unique view in good company on… Read moreGuests180Crew40Length127.7mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.5m
- MS TschitscherinAs soon as you step onto the MS TSCHITSCHERIN, you are greeted by an atmosphere full of warmth and hospitality on board. The on-board tou… Read moreGuests280Crew110Length129mWidth16.7mElectricity220vDraft2.9m
- MS Seine ComtesseOur MS SEINE COMTESSE is a true countess. She glides through the romantic Normandy elegantly and in style. Generously furnished cabins wi… Read moreBuilt2000 – refurbished 2018Guests154Crew35Length110 mWidth11.4mStaterooms77Electricity220vDraft1.5m
- MS KronstadtWould you like to discover Russia in an extremely comfortable way? Welcome on board the MS KRONSTADT! The ship is being renovated in wint… Read moreBuiltRenovated in winter 2017Guests212Crew100Length125mWidth16.7mDraft2.8m
- MS BellissimaThis classic and attractive river cruise ship impresses by wonderful lines and an elegant ambient. The tastefully furnished cabins on the… Read moreGuests134Crew30Length110mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.4m
- MS CasanovaYou will be enchanted by the wonderful and elegant ship when walking on for the first time. Our MS CASANOVA has the charm of a small gran… Read moreGuests96Crew24Length103mWidth9.7mElectricity220vDraft1.4m
- nickoVISIONFrom July 2018, our new nickoVISION ship with its innovative design and a completely new on-board concept will be providing a new standar… Read moreGuests220Crew54Length135mWidth11.45mElectricity220vDraft2.1m
- MS Thurgau UltraAs a ship of the upscale deluxe class, the MS THURGAU ULTRA is a place to relax. The luxury ship offers almost exclusively suites with pl… Read moreGuests120Crew40Length135mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.4-1.6m
- World ExplorerOur WORLD EXPLORER can, in a unique way, combine all the requirements of sophisticated guests, lovingly finished down to the smallest deta… Read moreBuilt2018Guests200Crew125Length126mWidth19mStaterooms86Gross Tonnage9300 gtElectricity220vCruising Speed16 knots, in open waterDraft4.7m
- MS HeidelbergYou are looking for a floating luxury hotel? Welcome on board our MS HEIDELBERG! Fine timber and high-quality details define the elegant… Read moreGuests110Crew35Length109.4mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.6m
- MS FlorentinaThe cozy river ship MS FLORENTINA was built in 1980 and renovated in 2013. The restaurant and bar serves international and local dishes p… Read moreBuiltBuilt in 1980 and renovated in 2013Guests86Crew20Length80mWidth9.58mElectricity220vDraft1.4m
- MS MalianteDiscover the coast of Croatia in an informal ambience: Our MS MALIANTE has space for a maximum of 36 passengers and an attractive friendl… Read moreLength126mGuests220Width19mCrew100Electricity220vLength126mDraft4.7mWidth19mElectricity220vDraft4.7m
- MS Thurgau RhoneOn board MS THURGAU RHONE, you'll experience the sunny side of France. On the generous-sized sun deck, enjoy the views of historic cit… Read moreGuests154Crew36Length110mWidth11.4mElectricity220vDraft1.5m
- Konstantin FedinMotorship “Konstantin Fedin” is a comfortable four-deck vessel (type 301). Built in Germany in 1980, refurbished in 2018, the motorship… Read moreCapacityBuilt1980 (Refurbished in 2018)Guests212Crew110Length125 m / 410 ftWidth16,7 m / 52.5 ftSuitesStaterooms116RegistryGross Tonnage5400 gtElectricity220VBeamCruising Speed14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mphGeneratorsEnginesDraft2.8 m / 6.56 ft
- MS BelvedereOur MS BELVEDERE offers the best conditions for a comfortable river cruise. Experience the beauty of the riverside landscapes along the Danu… Read moreCapacityBuiltGuests176Crew40Length126.70 mWidth11.40 mSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross TonnageElectricity220VBeamCruising SpeedGeneratorsEnginesDraft1.50 m
- nickoSPIRITDo you want a ship with a new on-board concept and innovative design? Welcome on board our nickoSPIRIT. The newest ship in our fleet the ide… Read moreCapacityBuilt2014Guests170Crew38Length110 m / 361 ftWidth11.4 m / 36 ftSuitesStaterooms85RegistryGross TonnageElectricity220vBeamCruising SpeedGeneratorsEnginesDraft1.7 m / 3.3 ft
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How do you make payment onboard?
All payments onboard are usually taken at the end of the cruise and you can choose to either pay via credit card or cash, please note any payments in cash need to be in the local currency.
Are gratuities/tips included in the cruise cost?
The cruise cost does not include gratuities as this is up to your own discretion depending on the level of service you feel you received on the cruise. However as a guideline, if you would like to leave a tip Nicko cruises recommends €5-7 per passenger per night.
Does every cabin have a view?
All cabins onboard the ships are outside cabins which mean you will either have a cabin with a window or porthole.
Do you offer multi-berth cabins?
On certain ships, selected twin berth cabins can accommodate up to 3 persons however it is important to note that the third bed is usually a fold-away bed and the cabin is not bigger than usual.
Are the cruise itineraries subject to change?
Like most cruises, Nicko Cruises itineraries are weather-dependent – for example, a long period of rain or drought could have a short-term, detrimental effect on water levels which will affect the itinerary.
Do you provide travel documents?
Travel documents are usually sent via email 14 days prior to the cruise departing. The documents include vouchers for any pre-booked services and in-depth information about the embarkation procedure and any details of excursions.
Is it possible to bring pets onboard?
Due to the space requirements on the ships, it is not possible to bring your pet along with you.
Are transfers included?
Included transfers can vary depending on the cruise you are travelling on, we recommend contacting our team of cruise specialists for further details on the transfer services which may be available to you.
What meals are included on the cruise?
All of the cruises are full board, which means breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Nicko cruises try to source local produce depending on where you are travelling on the cruise for the meals. For the dining service, breakfast is based on a buffet and lunch and dinner are usually table service.
What is the electricity power in the cabins?
Electricity on board the Nicko Cruises ships is 220v which requires a European Adaptor. You will need an adaptor or converter to use in your cabin as these are not supplied.