Headquarters in Innsbruck, Austria
4.2/5 - Excellent
See all tours
- Long experience in the cruise market
- Outstanding comfort and quality
- Ecological and social responsibility
- Memorable excursions to Europe main sights
5 Lueftner Cruises Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
Looking for a specific tour? 30 Lueftner Cruises toursCheck it out
- LELisaDanube Rhapsody (Passau-Budapest-Passau)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 18, 2017The trip was awesome. Continual top knotch service, delicious & spectacular food presentation, plus wonderful excursions.
- JWJosephineDanube Rhapsody (Passau-Budapest-Passau)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 29, 2017Great service, great ship, great food! It was really good. Internet was too expensive for us: that's my only negative, but a very small point.
Lueftner Cruises Tours
Europe 29 tours
Germany 25 tours
Austria 16 tours
Slovakia 14 tours
About Lueftner Cruises
Lueftner Cruises ranks among the best-known organisers of river cruises on European waterways. Founded more than 30 years ago, the company has set new standards in luxury river cruising. Innovative while rich in tradition, this Austrian shipping line with its excellent international reputation offers its passengers outstanding comfort and quality accompanied by perfected service in an atmosphere of classic elegance, the highest possible degree of safety, which is guaranteed by the state of the art nautical technology deployed and by the experienced crew operating each AMADEUS ship, the genuine commitment to observe the ecological principles and comply with the environmental measures that are fundamental to operating cruises safely and responsibly through the wonderful European landscapes.
Lueftner Cruises video
You can look forward to stimulating evenings and memorable experiences on our AMADEUS ships as we take it to our heart that our onboard ship experience is as lively and captivating as your time on shore! Varied folklore shows, insightful and intriguing lectures, regional themed evenings, culinary demonstrations and live music events are just some of the entertainments awaiting our passengers. In the evening, let our on-board musicians entertain you and perhaps take to the floor yourself and dance to some of your favourite tunes! Take time for something special – yourself!
With loving attention to detail, the head chef on your Lueftner Cruises' vessel will create new and imaginative menus for you every single day. Drawing inspiration partly from the regions you travel through as well as the season, our chefs will produce fresh and authentic symphonies of flavour to tempt you away on a culinary voyage of discovery. Of course, you are always free to choose between your classic favourite dishes and sophisticated specialties, vegetarian alternatives and delicious gourmet treats. On all our vessels your taste buds go on a voyage of discovery too, as you enjoy the region’s culinary delights as well as its scenic delights. You’ll be surprised at the, as it were, symphonic temptations that emanate from the kitchen! Get the day off to a good start by tackling the magnificent breakfast buffet in our elegant Panorama-Restaurant. For lunch, there’s the choice between varied menus and buffet specialities in the restaurant and a light alternative in the AMADEUS Salon. In the afternoon our experienced patissiers produce exquisite desserts each day and spoil you with lovingly prepared cakes and pastries to go with your tea or coffee. Our carefully composed evening 5-course menus provide the tastbuds with all sort of surprises. We serve regional specialties of the countries we travel through, sophisticated menus, classic favourite dishes and vegetarian alternatives.
All our cruises are designed so that you experience the best of the countries and regions that we travel through – primarily through our carefully planned programme of excursions with experienced English-speaking guides. How deeply you want to immerse yourself in a country and get to know its people is up to you. We offer you a range of different excursion packages that you can book at a discount in advance compared to paying for individual excursions on board. A river cruise offers you what is probably the most comfortable way to discover new countries, cultures and people. You can, for example, enjoy a choice wine tasting in romantic Burgundy, visit vibrant cities like Amsterdam, Cologne or Budapest, take a walk along the Black Sea or visit the Dutch Keukenhof during the tulip season. Whatever you decide, all our excursions are unique and are sure to be unforgettable!
À la carte – or in a well-priced set of excursions
Owing to the variety of available excursions it’s often difficult to choose between them – so on each cruise we offer up to four tailor-made and carefully composed sets of excursions that you can book in advance at favourable prices. You can, of course, still book all excursions individually, à la carte, for the point is for you to be able to select the shore programme that suits you best.
The AMADEUS concierge service
Feel like discovering the regions we travel through on your own? In that case we recommend you take advantage of our exclusive onboard concierge service. Whether you just want to make a dinner reservation on shore, stroll around the shops, get tickets to a museum exhibition or plan a private city tour, our experienced and well-connected concierge is on hand to provide recommendations and assistance at any time during your planning and will always have useful addresses available.
Experienced tour managers: ashore and on board
Our experienced cruise managers on board look forward to acquainting you with the highlights of the last two millennia of European art and culture and providing you with insights into the life and history of the regions through which we travel. Experienced local tour guides also accompany our shore excursions. With their regional expertise and genuine enthusiasm you can be sure they will take you on inspiring voyages of discovery so that you can gain a full appreciation for the region and its culture.
You will be provided with feather-light, wireless AMADEUS Audio Guides during all of the land excursions. The receiver is carried around the neck or in a pocket and practical headphones enable you to hear every word of your travel guide all the time. It provides maximum flexibility and convenience without missing a moment of fascinating commentary. Our AMADEUS Audio System is, of course, also compatible with hearing aids.
Complimentary bikes on board
Away from the normal routes there are also many wonderful sights that are worthwhile seeing. What better way of getting to know a country and its people is there than setting off on an individual shore excursion on a bike? You can borrow one of our onboard bikes, free of charge, if you want to be independent ashore - electrical bikes are also available on request.
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus BrilliantLaunched in 2011, the MS Amadeus Brilliant is a premium river cruise vessel that lives up to its name and famous lineage. The ship is buil… Read more
- MS Amadeus DiamondEver since it debuted in 2009, the MS Amadeus Diamond has lived up to its name and set new standards for luxurious river cruising in Europ… Read more
- MS Amadeus ElegantBuilt in 2010, the stunning MS Amadeus Elegant is a premium river cruise ship that is true to its name. Measuring 110 m. In length and 11.… Read more
- MS Amadeus PrincessSail along Europe’s mighty rivers, taking in stunning landscapes while you envelop yourself in luxury and sophistication that&… Read more
- MS Amadeus RoyalBuilt in 2005 and newly renovated in 2015, the deluxe MS Amadeus Royal is a premium cruise vessel fitted with the finest comforts and amen… Read more
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning sis… Read more
- MS Amadeus Silver IIIThe magnificent MS Amadeus Silver III vessel is the newest addition to the award winning Amadeus Silver fleet that includes the premium 13… Read more
- MS Amadeus SilverLaunched in 2013, the MS Amadeus Silver is one of the larger vessels belonging to the premium Amadeus fleet of river cruise ships. An incr… Read more
- MS DanubiaThe MS DANUBIA has recently been restyled - not least in its nostalgic dark wood panelling. This proud passenger vessel, which joined our… Read more
- Amadeus ProvenceIn April 2017 the AMADEUS Provence, the newest premium vessel of the AMADEUS fleet, will start sailing on the French rivers Rhône an… Read more
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Compare Lueftner Cruisesvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Topdeckvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Acacia Adventure Holidaysvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Dragomanvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Shamrocker Adventuresvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Trek Americavs
Lueftner Cruises vs Haggis Adventuresvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Contikivs
Lueftner Cruises vs Intrepid Travelvs
Lueftner Cruises vs On The Go Toursvs
Lueftner Cruises vs Busabout