“Most tours were over priced and were of poor quality. We did not enter many places of interest. Just did a walk by or drive by and looked at post cards of the sights. Also, not enough time had been allowed for transport allowing no free time as scheduled...“
Lueftner Cruises Guides
- Long experience in the cruise market
- Outstanding comfort and quality
- Ecological and social responsibility
- Memorable excursions to Europe main sights
Lueftner Cruises ranks among the best-known organisers of river cruises on European waterways. Founded more than 30 years ago, the company has set new standards in luxury river cruising. Innovative while rich in tradition, this Austrian shipping line with its excell...
Lueftner Cruises ranks among the best-known organisers of river cruises on European waterways. Founded more than 30 years ago, the company has set new standards in luxury river cruising. Innovative while rich in tradition, this Austrian shipping line with its excellent international reputation offers its passengers outstanding comfort and quality accompanied by perfected service in an atmosphere of classic elegance, the highest possible degree of safety, which is guaranteed by the state of the art nautical technology deployed and by the experienced crew operating each AMADEUS ship, the genuine commitment to observe the ecological principles and comply with the environmental measures that are fundamental to operating cruises safely and responsibly through the wonderful European landscapes.Read more
57 Lueftner Cruises Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- DonaldDanube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 28, 2019Fantastic crew: all international diplomats and professional.
- SonjaParis, Normandy and the River Seine (Paris - Paris)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 14, 2019We enjoyed everything about our cruise. Our cabin was spotless, The food was excellent. The crew was fantastic. We enjoyed the excursions. The local guides wer…Read more
- DanutaClassical Danube (Passau - Budapest)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 10, 2019We loved the cruise the cruise ship crew, an accommodations. The excursions were very interesting.
- LMLindaBeautiful Blue Danube and Danube Delta (Passau - Passau)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 16, 2019Most tours were over priced and were of poor quality. We did not enter many places of interest. Just did a walk by or drive by and looked at post cards of the …Read more
Lueftner Cruises Tours
About Lueftner Cruises
Lueftner Cruises videos
- Main Page Video
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Danube Rhapsody
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Rhine
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Blue Danube
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Danube
- Show more...
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Across Europe
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Paris, Normandy and the River Seine
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Three-Rivers Cruise
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Treasures of Burgundy and Provence
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Tulip Serenade
À la carte – or in a well-priced set of excursions
The AMADEUS concierge service
Experienced tour managers: ashore and on board
Complimentary bikes on board
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus BrilliantLaunched in 2011, the MS Amadeus Brilliant is a premium river cruise vessel that lives up to its name and famous lineage. The ship is bui… Read moreBuilt2011Guests150Length110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus DiamondEver since it debuted in 2009, the MS Amadeus Diamond has lived up to its name and set new standards for luxurious river cruising in Europ… Read moreBuilt2009Guests146CrewasdhLengthsjkdhWidthasjkhdSuitessdkjhStateroomssadjkhRegistrydasjGross TonnagesajkdhElectricityasdjkBeamasdhjCruising SpeedasdjhGeneratorsasdhj
- MS Amadeus ElegantBuilt in 2010, the stunning MS Amadeus Elegant is a premium river cruise ship that is true to its name. Measuring 110 m. In length and 11… Read moreWidth11.4mBuilt2010Suites8Guests150Staterooms68Crew40RegistryGermanyLength110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus PrincessSail along Europe’s mighty rivers, taking in stunning landscapes while you envelop yourself in luxury and sophistication that&… Read moreLength110mWidth11.4mSuites2Staterooms78
- MS Amadeus RoyalBuilt in 2005 and newly renovated in 2015, the deluxe MS Amadeus Royal is a premium cruise vessel fitted with the finest comforts and ame… Read moreBuilt2005 (refurbished 2015)Guests142Length110mWidth11.4mSuites4Staterooms67RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIIThe magnificent MS Amadeus Silver III vessel is the newest addition to the award winning Amadeus Silver fleet that includes the premium 1… Read moreBuilt2016Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus SilverLaunched in 2013, the MS Amadeus Silver is one of the larger vessels belonging to the premium Amadeus fleet of river cruise ships. An inc… Read moreBuilt2013Guests180Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms78RegistryGermany
- MS DanubiaThe MS DANUBIA has recently been restyled - not least in its nostalgic dark wood panelling. This proud passenger vessel, which joined our… Read moreBuilt1980 (refurbished 2007)Guests142Length110mWidth11.4mSuites71RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ProvenceIn April 2017 the AMADEUS Provence, the newest premium vessel of the AMADEUS fleet, will start sailing on the French rivers Rhône a… Read moreBuilt2017Guests140Length110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms62
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ProvenceSince spring 2017 onwards our newest vessel the 4*+ MS Amadeus Provence is going to reinforce the elegant AMADEUS Fleet. Just in time for… Read moreBuilt2017Crew40Length110 mWidth11,40 mSuites8Staterooms62Cruising Speed25 km/hDraft1,30 m
- MS Amadeus DiamondThe AMADEUS Diamond, which departs from Paris, travels exclusively along the Seine and allows guests to experience the charm of northern… Read moreBuilt2009 (Renovation: 2014)Guests146Crew40Length110 mWidth11,40 mSuites12Staterooms62RegistryGermanyGross Tonnage1.566 tCruising Speed25 km/hDraft1,30 m
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
Lueftner Cruises Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Are gratuities included?
Gratuities to the ship’s staff, crew, and local guides are not included in your cruise price. If you choose to leave a tip or gratuities for staff this is at your discretion however if you would like a guideline of what tip is recommended it is usually € 5-8 per guest per day.
What payment methods are accepted on board?
You can make payments by cash, bank card with Maestro symbol and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express) on board. The currency on board is the Euro; however, the following currencies are accepted to settle your on-board account if needed: Swiss franc (CHF), British pound (GBP) US dollar (USD) and Norwegian krone (NOK).
I have a special dietary requirement can this be catered for?
There is always a vegetarian option for all meals on board the ships, however, if you have other special dietary requirements or suffer from food allergies, please inform your cruise specialist at the time of booking. On a request basis, Lueftner's chefs will certainly provide special dishes suitable for people with conditions such as lactose or gluten intolerance and will do their very best to offer an alternative to every guest where required.
What is it like to dine onboard?
You will enjoy an open seating and will start your day with a generous continental breakfast buffet to which the staff will be pleased to add various freshly cooked egg dishes straight from the kitchen. For lunch you can choose between varied menus and buffet specialities in the Panorama-Restaurant or a light lunch alternative in the Panorama-Bar. For dinner, Lueftner offers a carefully composed 4- to 5-course menu and vegetarian dishes are always available if required. Complimentary hot coffee and tea are available all day for your enjoyment.
What languages are used onboard?
The languages on board all Amadeus ships are German and English. Unless otherwise stated, announcements, notices and trips during the cruise are made in both languages.
If required is there an elevator on the ships?
All Amadeus ships have a guest elevator for you to use, which operates between the Mozart and Haydn decks. Please note the sun deck is not accessible by elevator.
Do you have laundry services available?
Lueftner have an onboard laundry service which would be happy to take over the washing and ironing of your personal clothes for an additional fee. Please note that there are no dry-cleaning facilities on board.
Are there bicycles on board which can be used in free time?
You can enjoy complete independence on your excursions with the onboard free on-board bicycle hire. Of course, Lueftner will also equip you with the appropriate accessories, such as bicycle helmets, etc. Please note bicycles can only be reserved through the Reception one day in advance of the time you wish to use them.
Is wi-fi available?
Wireless Internet access is available on all Amadeus ships and is provided in all public areas of the ship.
What happens if I have a travel delay and unable to get to the ship in time for departure?
If you experience a delay in travel, please contact the ship directly at the number provided in your final documents. It will then be decided whether the ship stays in port overnight and you can check in late or if you have to make your own way to the next port.