“The overall trip was excellent, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to travel NZ. Our guide Hamish was very passionate, funny and knowledgable, who went above and beyond which really added to the amazing experience. Some improvements could be made t...“
- Sustainable tourism
- Unique experiences
- Flexible travel
- Adventure packed
A Kiwi Experience is quite simply the best way to travel New Zealand. Our local guides know the country and culture better than anyone else and have hosted over 500,000 passengers in our 30 years. Flexible, hassle-free, guided tours, tailored to your appetite for adv...
A Kiwi Experience is quite simply the best way to travel New Zealand. Our local guides know the country and culture better than anyone else and have hosted over 500,000 passengers in our 30 years. Flexible, hassle-free, guided tours, tailored to your appetite for adventure and budget. We take care of it all, leaving you guys to focus on the memory making and unrivalled experiences.Read more
25 Kiwi Experience Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- BLBarbaraKiwi Experience - 7 Day North Island Tour (All Inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 24, 2020It was very exciting and interessting to lern about the Maori culture, to get a feeling and have contact to the people. The alpine hiking was an other highlight…Read more
- CAClémentineKiwi Experience - 10 Day Tour South Island (All Inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 6, 2020Very good, met nice people
- OOliviaKiwi Experience - 17 Days North to South Island (All inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 29, 2020I was on the small group tour starting on 10th February. Hamish was our guide and he was great. Really approachable, knew his stuff, and I’m grateful to him fo…Read more
- EEstiahKiwi Experience - 17 Days North to South Island (All inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 27, 2020The overall trip was excellent, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to travel NZ. Our guide Hamish was very passionate, funny and knowledgable, who went …Read more
- SeanKiwi Experience - 17 Days North to South Island (All inclusive)4.0 - GoodWritten on February 24, 2020My thoughts on the kiwi experience 17 day tour are as follows; I loved the places we visited, although I felt like in some places such as Wellington and Christc…Read more
- IJIsabellaKiwi Experience - 8 Day Tour South Island (All Inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 6, 2020Its a lot of fun compared to the big tour bus, on this small group tour you really get to know people and connect. You travel a lot of ground on this tour, see …Read more
- EEmiliaKoodziejKiwi Experience - 8 Day Tour South Island (All Inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 6, 2020Usually I travel on my own and it was a first time I was traveling with an organized tour and I must say that it was a really good choice - we were following so…Read more
- JoelleKiwi Experience - 14 Day Tour North to South Island (All Inclusive)4.0 - GoodWritten on February 5, 2020Great small group tour for those who don't like big groups. The trip was a nice combination of jam packed activities and down time. It hit so many key areas of …Read more
- TLTrishaKiwi Experience - Southern Round Up (South Island Pass)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 3, 2020Amazing for solo travel. The bus was a bit more cliquey than most tours I've been on but it is what you make it. Tonnes of opportunities for activities and the …Read more
- KKylaKiwi Experience - 8 Day Tour South Island (All Inclusive)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 23, 2020Definitely do it! You will not regret travelling with the small group and the great guides!
Kiwi Experience Tours
- Kiwi Experience - Buzzy Bee (National Pass) 14 daysStarts AucklandEnds Queenstown$606
- Kiwi Experience - 17 Days North to South Island (All inclusive) 17 daysStarts AucklandEnds Christchurch$1,698
- Kiwi Experience - 7 Day North Island Tour (All Inclusive) 7 daysStarts AucklandEnds Wellington$701
About Kiwi Experience
Kiwi Experience videos
- Kiwi Experience | Movie Trailer
- Milford Explorer with Kiwi Experience
- Kiwi Experience | What's it like to travel with us?
- Kiwi Experience | It's your time to #EmbraceTheUnexpected
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is there Wifi on the bus?
If you find yourself totally over gazing out of the window at the epic landscapes as you travel across New Zealand and instead wanna scroll through your friends' social media page back home then you can. Limited Wifi is available on the majority of Kiwi Experience vehicles.
Who travels with Kiwi Experience?
Kiwi Experience welcomes passengers from all walks of life; lone-wolfs, happy couples, the young and the young at heart. Kiwi Experience creates a unique atmosphere by attracting like-minded homies from across the globe.
What does 'Unlimited Travel' mean?
It is one of the best things about travelling, the freedom to explore a new place on your own time. Kiwi Experience will give you 12 months to kick off your trip from the date of purchase. Then, once you're on the road, you have another 12 months to complete your adventure. Choose one of their seven-start anywhere passes and you'll have the freedom to repeat your trip as often as you like.
How do I book accommodation?
Every day that you are travelling on the bus, Kiwi Experience will guarantee you a bed for your first nights stay in each overnight stop. In some locations, the bus stays 2 or 3 consecutive nights (such as Taupo, Franz Josef and Queenstown) so they guarantee these nights too. In peak season when accommodation can be hard to come by, your driver guide will take care of all bookings for you as you go. If you are planning to stay somewhere longer than the minimum travel time, we recommend you contact the hostel they stay at in advance and secure those extra nights. All accommodation costs are additional to your bus pass.
How does it work with organising the activities?
Travelling with Kiwi Experience will save you loads of cash with exclusive deals on the best activities that New Zealand had to offer and a "Best Price Guarantee" on them. This means if you see any of our suggested activities advertised cheaper elsewhere (that matches the same timeslot), show your Driver Guide and the activity providers will match that price. In summer, New Zealand activities are super popular so Kiwi Experience guarantees you a spot in the line.
What is Hop-On Hop-Off travel?
Back in 1989, Kiwi Experience invented the “hop-on, hop- off” travel concept which changed New Zealand adventure travel forever! Our bus passes are super flexible, meaning you can travel New Zealand in your own time. There is no set-in-stone itinerary and you can simply spend as long as you like in each stop on route. This allows you to personalize your trip to suit your travel needs, from 1 month to 1 year. Just book yourself back on a bus when you are ready to carry on to the next destination.