- Sustainable tourism
- Unique experiences
- Flexible travel
- Adventure packed
A Kiwi Experience is quite simply the best way to travel New Zealand. Our local guides know the country and culture better than anyone else and have hosted over 500,000 passengers in our 30 years. Flexible, hassle-free, guided tours, tailored to your appetite for adv...
A Kiwi Experience is quite simply the best way to travel New Zealand. Our local guides know the country and culture better than anyone else and have hosted over 500,000 passengers in our 30 years. Flexible, hassle-free, guided tours, tailored to your appetite for adventure and budget. We take care of it all, leaving you guys to focus on the memory making and unrivalled experiences.Read more
5 Kiwi Experience Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 3.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- MSMathildeKiwi Experience - Buzzy Bee (National Pass)4.0 - GoodWritten on April 9, 2019Had a great tome with kiwi experience! Had a brilliant driver. All in all really great tour, but definitely do more than the minimum amount of days if possible,…Read moreKiwi Experience commented on this reviewThanks for the great review Mathilde, glad to hear you had such a good time.
- MariaKiwi Experience - Buzzy Bee (National Pass)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 21, 2019I had a great time on the kiwi bus, made loads of friends and visited so many nice places. The bus drivers I had were all friendly, approachable and knowledgabl…Read moreKiwi Experience commented on this reviewKia Ora Maria. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear the trip did not live up to your expectations. I have passed your feedback on to our Operations Team to consider for the future. Wishing you all the best.
- SKSorayaKiwi Experience - Queen Bee (National Pass)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 17, 2019All was Perfect and Wiggles deserves a special mention for his kindness, safe driving, taking care of all our needs. A really good guide as well.
- SKSorayaKiwi Experience - Queen Bee (National Pass)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 16, 2019I enjoyed every moment of it, thanks to Wiggles and Kiwi Experience. All worked perfect and i will warmly recommend Kiwi Experience to my friends.
Kiwi Experience Tours
About Kiwi Experience
Kiwi Experience videos
- 2017 Promotional Video
- Milford Explorer with Kiwi Experience
- 2016 Promotional Video
- Kiwi Experience | It's your time to #EmbraceTheUnexpected
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is there Wifi on the bus?
If you find yourself totally over gazing out of the window at the epic landscapes as you travel across New Zealand and instead wanna scroll through your friends' social media page back home then you can. Limited Wifi is available on the majority of Kiwi Experience vehicles.
Who travels with Kiwi Experience?
Kiwi Experience welcomes passengers from all walks of life; lone-wolfs, happy couples, the young and the young at heart. Kiwi Experience creates a unique atmosphere by attracting like-minded homies from across the globe.
What does 'Unlimited Travel' mean?
It is one of the best things about travelling, the freedom to explore a new place on your own time. Kiwi Experience will give you 12 months to kick off your trip from the date of purchase. Then, once you're on the road, you have another 12 months to complete your adventure. Choose one of their seven-start anywhere passes and you'll have the freedom to repeat your trip as often as you like.
How do I book accommodation?
Every day that you are travelling on the bus, Kiwi Experience will guarantee you a bed for your first nights stay in each overnight stop. In some locations, the bus stays 2 or 3 consecutive nights (such as Taupo, Franz Josef and Queenstown) so they guarantee these nights too. In peak season when accommodation can be hard to come by, your driver guide will take care of all bookings for you as you go. If you are planning to stay somewhere longer than the minimum travel time, we recommend you contact the hostel they stay at in advance and secure those extra nights. All accommodation costs are additional to your bus pass.
How does it work with organising the activities?
Travelling with Kiwi Experience will save you loads of cash with exclusive deals on the best activities that New Zealand had to offer and a "Best Price Guarantee" on them. This means if you see any of our suggested activities advertised cheaper elsewhere (that matches the same timeslot), show your Driver Guide and the activity providers will match that price. In summer, New Zealand activities are super popular so Kiwi Experience guarantees you a spot in the line.
What is Hop-On Hop-Off travel?
Back in 1989, Kiwi Experience invented the “hop-on, hop- off” travel concept which changed New Zealand adventure travel forever! Our bus passes are super flexible, meaning you can travel New Zealand in your own time. There is no set-in-stone itinerary and you can simply spend as long as you like in each stop on route. This allows you to personalize your trip to suit your travel needs, from 1 month to 1 year. Just book yourself back on a bus when you are ready to carry on to the next destination.