“I just got back yesterday from my amazing adventure...the Trek was sooo beautiful I climbed Kilimanjaro with Kilisa tours..I had a great experience with the locals and the staff were wonderful..the porters , cooks made me feel like family.. So I came in No...“
- Quality equipment and gears
- Excellent Customer Service
- Focus on safety
- Professional English speaking guides
Kilisa Tours & Safaris is the Tanzanian local owned company that made up of professionals who are well organized for Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking , Mount Meru trekking and wildlife safaris in Northern circuit, Western circuit and Southern Circuit of Tanzania , Beach Ho...
Kilisa Tours & Safaris is the Tanzanian local owned company that made up of professionals who are well organized for Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking , Mount Meru trekking and wildlife safaris in Northern circuit, Western circuit and Southern Circuit of Tanzania , Beach Holidays in Zanzibar and Dar -es- Salaam and also for the day trips and hospitality industry in East Africa, as such understanding the requirements of this intelligent sector.Read more
16 Kilisa Tours & Safaris Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- MariaSerengeti & Ngorongoro Safari - 3 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 3, 2020I want to thank Kilisa tours for the great service. I went on a three day camping safari from Moshi. It was only me, the guide and later we were joined by the c…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHello Maria, I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff It is always so nice to receive such feedback as we work hard to ensure that our guest have lovely experience with us Your opinion is of great value to us as we constantly strive to improve our services. Thank you Kind Regards Juliana
- JVJuditMarangu Route - 6 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 2, 2020Kilisa Tours provided excellent service. Naick, the owner of Kilisa was very helpful, always very responsive on all channels, whatsup, email. We did the 7 days …Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHello Judit,, We are delighted to see that you had fantastic time with us and we meet your expectations. It is our intention to offer the great service so that our guests can still enjoy their Experiences and have great memories once they are back home. Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments to our guides. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail. Thanks for choosing us. Kind Regards Juliana
- SSamDuarteMachame Route - 6 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 27, 2020There are so many different companies to hike Kili with! When we were choosing and reading reviews etc. it was honestly overwhelming! We decided to hike with Ki…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHello Sam, I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff It is always so nice to receive such feedback as we work hard to ensure that our guest have lovely experience with us Your opinion is of great value to us as we constantly strive to improve our services Man thanks for your recommendation Kind Regards Juliana
- LLauraCantwellLemosho Route - 7 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 25, 2020I would definitely choose kilisa again as my number one option to hike Kilimanjaro!Kilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHello Laura, We are delighted to see that you had fantastic time with us and we meet your expectations. Thanks for choosing us and the fact that you would choose us agan, thrills us the most Kind Regards Juliana
- LCLukeRongai Route - 7 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 27, 2019From the booking experience to summiting Kilimanjaro and back home, everything was not only awesome but easy to do. I chose Kilisa Tours and that was the best d…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHello Luke we are so appreciative for you taking the time to leave us such a kind review. also thrilled that your Experience regarding Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb with Kilisa's team went well and that you were all satisfied with provided services. More than anything, we want to bring family and friends together through the adventures. And we Thank you for choosing us. Our staff loved sharing quality time with you! I’m so glad everything from arrival to departure surpassed your expectations. Thank You for the recommendation Kind Regards Juliana
- BHBenjaminLemosho Route (with Crater) - 8 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 22, 2019This trip was amazing! Kilisa organized a perfect trip from start to finish. We could not have asked for a better team to help us get up the mountain. This rout…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHey Benjamin Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. It's our customers that allow us to constantly improve the way we do business, one of which we're really proud of, the quick response time you've been experiencing. I'm so glad you were happy and all satisfied with the services provided with the kilisa crew. we strive to do better and we're and the fact the you felt safe and enjoyed the entire trek gives us Joy and Happy we didn't miss the mark. Thanks for your review Regards Juliana
- LandonMachame Route - 7 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 17, 2019I just got back yesterday from my amazing adventure...the Trek was sooo beautiful I climbed Kilimanjaro with Kilisa tours..I had a great experience with the loc…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewDear Landon Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Kilisa Tours On the other hand, we want to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff because it is completely involved in offering a professional service to ensure that the guests' experience is unique and unbeatable . Thanks for recommendation .. please don’t hesitate to contact us for a future stay. Kind regards Juliana
- RRohanKlopferMachame Route - 7 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 22, 2019Kilisa Tours & Safaris is really a perfect tour operator! From our booking to the personal WhatsApp-communication with Naick in Shawn and I spent about 2 wee…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewDear … We would like to thank you for your well detailed and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of our company We hope you will be back with us in future We are looking forward to your next trip. Kind regards Juliana
- NNancieLemosho Route - 7 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 17, 2019I was able to email and book the complete itinerary from Ireland with excellent communication from Naick. Having never been to Tanzania before I didn't quite k…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewDear Nancie Many thanks for leaving us such a well detailed review "Master Plan, Amazing" Having you say that means everything to Us as a local tour company that strive to do better and we are glad that you felt the support, most of all prioritized! we're so appreciative of all that Just so you know also our only real complaint about you the entire time was you had to leave., LOL Can't thank you enough .. Sincerely Juliana
- EEmrahTufekciLemosho Route - 8 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 29, 2019Climbing Kilimanjaro is both a physical and mental challenge, we booked the trip to Kilimanjaro 10 months before going. Our first and all time inquiries were pr…Read moreKilisa Tours & Safaris commented on this reviewHello Emra We were so happy reading your kind review which is we are still are and even grateful for the time you take just to narrate the experience you had with us here at Kilisa we are a local tour company that strive to do better and whenever a customer is satisfied with our provided services to me their goal [we're always thrilled to that] and we're more than that you had the most amazing experience with us and thank you for recommendation Many thanks Regards Juliana [Kilisa Tours & Safaris]
Kilisa Tours & Safaris Tours
About Kilisa Tours & Safaris
Kilisa Tours & Safaris videos
- What Customers says about Kilisa Tours
- Wildebeest Migration in Serengeti National Park
- KILISA WAS THE BEST AND MASTER PLAN
- Lemosho Route 7 days
- The best Team for Kilimanjaro Hike
- Show more...
- Kilimanjaro Hiking
- First Trek
- Kilimanjaro Lemosho route 8 days
- Kilimanjaro with wonderful crew
- Kilimanjaro Machame route with local company
- Just finished 7 days Machame route
- High successful summit rate
- Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai route
- Support team for Kilimanjaro
- Kilisa Tours service are topnotch
- Group join trekking Kilimanjaro
- Combo trip Kilimanjaro trek and Safari
- Mount Meru Trekking with 5 star rated local guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Can 70+ years old tourists climb Kilimanjaro?
Yes, there are travellers in their 70s and 80s who summit Kilimanjaro every year. However, it is recommended to seek professional medical advice first to ensure the person gets clearance from doctor. If they decide to trek the Kilimanjaro, it is also recommended to take one of the longer routes which provide more time for acclimatization.
Is it common to tip the support staff?
Yes, it is and the recommended tipping amounts are the same no matter what route the hikers choose to do. The tip for the lead guide is usually $20-$25 per day; the tip for assistant guide and the chef is $10-$15 per day and the tip for each porter is $5-$10 per day.
Is any previous experience needed to climb Kilimanjaro?
No, the climb to Mount Kilimanjaro does not require any previous climbing skills. On the Machame, Lemosho, Shira and Umbwe Route there is a section called the Barranco Wall that requires basic bouldering skills, however, no preparation is required for this section of the hike.
Is it possible to climb Kilimanjaro without a guide?
No. All standard Kilimanjaro treks usually include not only a registered guide but porters to carry the trekkers gear, gas, tents and food. According to the Tanzanian law, it is not possible for travellers to climb Kilimanjaro without the support staff.
What is the easiest route to Kilimanjaro?
Kilimanjaro is technically the easiest to climb of the Seven Summits. Hikers don't need ropes or special mountaineering gear, or even any previous mountain climbing experience.
Is the climb up to Kilimanjaro difficult?
Yes. The summit night on Kilimanjaro is hard 1,245m/ 4,084ft. of ascent at high into extreme altitude above 5,500m/ 18,000ft. The hike to the summit can take up to 8 hours. It is a very special moment on the summit of Kilimanjaro and what an achievement!!
How long does it take to hike up Kilimanjaro?
There are various routes to Mount Kilimanjaro and the hikes can take between 5-10 days. Please note, although Mount Kilimanjaro is known as a 'walk-up' mountain, travellers should not underestimate it and its risks.
What is the night time temperature like on the summit of Kilimanjaro?
The night time temperature at the Uhuru Point can range between 20 and -20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 to -29 degrees Celsius). Due to Mount Kilimanjaro's great height, the mountain creates its own weather.