- Local multi-lingual Guides (english, spanish, portuguese, german, italian, french, mandarin)
- Over 10 years of experience
- Peru based agency
- Multilingual guides
- Flexible group sizes
- 24 hour operational support
- We work with native communities
Journey Machu Picchu is comprised of real travellers and travel specialists with over 10 years of experience in the industry. We believe in providing our clients with the best, most memorable travel experience possible at budget conscious rates.
Journey Machu Picchu is comprised of real travellers and travel specialists with over 10 years of experience in the industry. We believe in providing our clients with the best, most memorable travel experience possible at budget conscious rates.Read more
2 Journey Machu Picchu Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- JLJessicaThe 5 Day Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 21, 2018Very nice trek, everything was planned up to the arrival back in Cusco. This is a great trek to take for anyone looking to take amazing landscape pictures . I w…Read moreJourney Machu Picchu Travel commented on this reviewThank you for the review Jessica. Having you and your friends travel with us was a pleasure. Regards, Journey Machu Picchu
- TtimThe 5 Day Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 12, 2018The trip had been planned out for months, basically since late 2017. We were a group of 8 trekkers all worked up to hit the trail January 2018. The attention t…Read moreJourney Machu Picchu Travel commented on this reviewGood afternoon Tim, Thank you for the review we really appreciate it and we had a great time making sure your trip was a success. Regards,
Journey Machu Picchu Travel Tours
About Journey Machu Picchu Travel
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Will locals speak English? or any language I speak?
As with many counties, English tends to be taught in schools in Peru. All of our guides will be for the most part multi-lingual. Now, this does not mean that all locals will speak your native language but you will be surprised at how easily the language barriers can be broken in a place like Peru.
Can you provide me with a list of places we are staying at?
We are only able to provide information on your joining and finish point accommodation.
Journey Machu Picchu is a local business that likes to support many local businesses, we often have a few places in each city that we can alternate our groups between. For this reason, we can’t give you a full list before you travel.
Will I need a sleeping bag/mat/tent?
We provide camping equipment such as tents and mats, however, sleeping bags are not included in the trip. You are welcome to bring your own or you can rent one with us at a cost of $20/person for the entirety of your trek.
Are there western toilets available?
Some trips have regular access to western toilets while others don't – it just depends on the areas you’re travelling in. As a general rule, the more remote the place the less likely you are to find western bathroom facilities.
Can I hike to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes?
You certainly can. We have two options to get to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes; we can either take the shuttle which has a time of 20 minutes or we can hike up to Machu Picchu which takes about 2 hours. The shuttle may have an additional cost depending on your trip style.
What about altitude sickness?
We have a protocol to help you adjust to the high altitude in places like Cusco. We advice all our travellers to spend 48 hours in Cusco before starting any type of hiking experience. During those first 2 days you will need to follow a light diet with plenty of fluids and have short regular walks during the day. There are also remedies which we can recommend along with the protocol to help you get over altitude sickness.
Are airport transfers included in the trip price?
On some of our packages transfers from the airport are included. Normally if you are only booking a trek transfers to and from the hotel will not be included, however please check our program or in any case ask one of our advisors.
What time can I check in at my arrival hotel?
Check-in times depend on the hotel and region of the country. Generally, they are between midday and 2pm. If you do arrive earlier, you’ll be able to store your luggage with the hotel and head out to explore for a couple of hours. There is a possibility for early check in so please check with us.
What is the best way to carry money?
We recommend having access to money from a variety of sources. We recommend exchanging money to the local currency at certified currency exchange houses. The airport in Lima (Jorge Chavez airport) is a great place to do this, very secure and trustworthy.
How do I find out about the visa requirements for the trip I am interested in?
We always recommend that passengers check with their local embassy as visa rules can change without warning. Embassy websites in your home country will always have information about requirements. Having said that, all of our travel specialists will be decently versed in visa requirements for most incoming nationalities.