“Trip was excellent in general! Itinerary was well explained and instructions were simple to follow. The guides were friendly and informative. The accommodation was good given that it is a budget tour, although I do think it can be improved. One accommodati...“
Italy on a Budget Tours Guides
- 100% Italian company
- Budget trips with great value for money
- Discovery combined with fun and relax!
- Learn about local customs while traveling
Italy on a Budget tours is a travel company based in Florence and specialized in the youth travel 18-35's market. We have been operating since 2007 when the owner Irene Chimenti after a 2 year experience of guiding around Europe, where she discovered her passion of ...
Italy on a Budget tours is a travel company based in Florence and specialized in the youth travel 18-35's market. We have been operating since 2007 when the owner Irene Chimenti after a 2 year experience of guiding around Europe, where she discovered her passion of sharing her knowledge about the different destinations with travellers coming from various nationalities, decided to move back to her homeland Tuscany. This is when she launched her registered trademark “Tuscany on a Budget tours” with the philosophy to offer budget trips, events and activities for a lifetime experience to young independent travellers willing to learn, taste and see what the territory has to offer in a fun environment together with a young, lively and knowledgeable team.Since then we have been running city tours in Florence and day trips to Tuscany. In 2013 we have launched our new trademark “ Italy on a Budget tours” with the idea to develop activities for 18-35's across to new popular destinations in Italy.Italy on a Budget tours is different from all the other local tour operators because we put all ourselves in the tours. Our philosophy is “ Experience Italy from a local point of view” with interesting stories, fun facts and lots of laugh. Our passengers are all independent travellers coming mainly from Australia, Canada, America, New Zeland and UK and during the tours they get to share their travel stories with the people of the same age having the same experience.Our team is composed of locals guides and we all speak fluent English. We all love sharing the passion for our land, all the secrets, the traditions and the culture of Italy with our fellow travellers. So, if the grip on your wallet is as tight as most Italian men's trousers, you no longer need to miss out this beautiful region. Italy on a Budget are the local superheroes and in the words of Super Mario, your friendly Italian plumber, “Life is a game, kid! It all depends on how you play”. WHY CHOOSE US? GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY: All our tours are the cheapest you can find because we know our customers ( students, backpackers, travellers on a budget) and the fact that their pockets are small. For this reason we want to make sure everyone can experience Italy without missing out or breaking the bank. LOCAL GUIDES: All our tours are escorted by professional and extremely trained English speaking guides and their sole purpose is to ensure you have the time of your life. Our local guides know the people, the traditions and the customs so that they can provide you with unrivaled insights and a real taste of the culture while having fun. AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE: We offer budget trips, events and activities for a lifetime experience to everyone willing to learn, taste and see what the territory has to offer in a fun environment together with a young, lively and knowledgeable team for an authentic experience. MEET OTHER TRAVELLERS: Our tours are the perfect opportunity to meet other travellers of the same age especially for solo travellers and share the travel stories. SMALL GROUPS : The majority of our tours are small and often run with 8 seat minivans for a better cultural experience. At the end of the tour everyone feels like a big family and never wants to leave.Read more
101 Italy on a Budget Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- CCChristineAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 22, 2018Excellent group tour combined with beautiful places... could not ask for anything better than this... super fun...5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️... highly recommended!
- BbrijeshBuongiorno Italia - 7 Days/ 6nights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 12, 2018it was a great tour had a fun
- SStephanieVoogtAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 6, 2018The amalfi and positano days were pretty boring and possibly could use more suggested activities. Campsite had a great view.
- JBJoannaAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome3.0 - AverageWritten on April 5, 2018We had no heat in our cabin the first night so we shoved 6 girls into one cabin. Costs could have been better explained beforehand too.Italy on a Budget Tours commented on this reviewDear Joanna, we are sorry to receive this review from you. We have spoken to your tour leader to receive more info about the situation and told us that neither you and your room mates have informed him or the reception about this problem until the next day. The reception is open 24h and you could have changed the accommodation immediately if you had informed them straight away. In fact when you told the guide the next day about this problem, he called the reception to fixed it immediately. Our team and the reception are always available to solve any problem our clients might have if promptly informed. Regarding the mention to the costs, the guide said you thought the entrance to the Blue Grotto was included in the tour but as per the tour description we say that the ticket is not included, in fact if it was, it would have been listed among the inclusions. We also have an email from your friend Ravyn in which it is asked for more information about the day in Capri and even there we inform you that the Blue Grotto it is not included. For you and the readers the Blue Cave is a national museum in Capri and the ticket ( € 14.00 ) can only be purchased on the spot as the entrance is not always guaranteed due to the level of the water. We have no hidden costs and all the information about the inclusions are clearly written on the Tour radar page where you have booked the tour, on our website and in the program we send to confirm all details. If you had the time to read over careful all the information, you would have had all things clear. Once again we are sorry about the problem you had on the first night and we hope you still enjoyed the tour and the beautiful Amalfi coast.
- DominiqueBuongiorno Italia - 7 Days/ 6nights4.0 - GoodWritten on February 22, 2018Trip was excellent in general! Itinerary was well explained and instructions were simple to follow. The guides were friendly and informative. The accommodation …Read moreItaly on a Budget Tours commented on this reviewDominique, it was a great week and we are glad you've liked it! About. Venice is where the accommodation is not on the island since it is a very expensive city and we try to make everything with the best quality even if it is on a budget. Still, we are happy the whole experience was so pleasant for you! We would be glad to show you more amazing destinations in Italy! ;)
Italy on a Budget Tours Tours
About Italy on a Budget Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours videos
- Amalfi coast trip
- Let's learn how to cook Italian food!
- Q&A: Italy on a Budget
- PISA & CINQUE TERRE day trip
- The Taste of Tuscany
- Show more...
- Amalfi coast with Italy on Budget tours
- Italy On A Budget INTRO
- The Grape Escape winery tour
- Tuscany Experience day touur
- Italy on a Budget
- The Palio of Siena with Italy on a Budget tours
- 7D BUONGIORNO ITALIA
Italy on a Budget Tours Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 70,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!