“I had such a blast as a solo traveller on this trip. I'm 31, and was looking for a short but jam packed trip and I got it. Met a bunch of great people of a variety of ages, and feel like I got just enough time in each place which is perfect for getting an ...“
Italy on a Budget Tours Guides
- 100% Italian company
- Budget trips with great value for money
- Discovery combined with fun and relax!
- Learn about local customs while traveling
Italy on a Budget tours is a travel company based in Florence and specialized in the youth travel 18-35's market. We have been operating since 2007 when the owner Irene Chimenti after a 2 year experience of guiding around Europe, where she discovered her passion of ...
Italy on a Budget tours is a travel company based in Florence and specialized in the youth travel 18-35's market. We have been operating since 2007 when the owner Irene Chimenti after a 2 year experience of guiding around Europe, where she discovered her passion of sharing her knowledge about the different destinations with travellers coming from various nationalities, decided to move back to her homeland Tuscany. This is when she launched her registered trademark “Tuscany on a Budget tours” with the philosophy to offer budget trips, events and activities for a lifetime experience to young independent travellers willing to learn, taste and see what the territory has to offer in a fun environment together with a young, lively and knowledgeable team.Since then we have been running city tours in Florence and day trips to Tuscany. In 2013 we have launched our new trademark “ Italy on a Budget tours” with the idea to develop activities for 18-35's across to new popular destinations in Italy.Italy on a Budget tours is different from all the other local tour operators because we put all ourselves in the tours. Our philosophy is “ Experience Italy from a local point of view” with interesting stories, fun facts and lots of laugh. Our passengers are all independent travellers coming mainly from Australia, Canada, America, New Zeland and UK and during the tours they get to share their travel stories with the people of the same age having the same experience.Our team is composed of locals guides and we all speak fluent English. We all love sharing the passion for our land, all the secrets, the traditions and the culture of Italy with our fellow travellers. So, if the grip on your wallet is as tight as most Italian men's trousers, you no longer need to miss out this beautiful region. Italy on a Budget are the local superheroes and in the words of Super Mario, your friendly Italian plumber, “Life is a game, kid! It all depends on how you play”. WHY CHOOSE US? GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY: All our tours are the cheapest you can find because we know our customers ( students, backpackers, travellers on a budget) and the fact that their pockets are small. For this reason we want to make sure everyone can experience Italy without missing out or breaking the bank. LOCAL GUIDES: All our tours are escorted by professional and extremely trained English speaking guides and their sole purpose is to ensure you have the time of your life. Our local guides know the people, the traditions and the customs so that they can provide you with unrivaled insights and a real taste of the culture while having fun. AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE: We offer budget trips, events and activities for a lifetime experience to everyone willing to learn, taste and see what the territory has to offer in a fun environment together with a young, lively and knowledgeable team for an authentic experience. MEET OTHER TRAVELLERS: Our tours are the perfect opportunity to meet other travellers of the same age especially for solo travellers and share the travel stories. SMALL GROUPS : The majority of our tours are small and often run with 8 seat minivans for a better cultural experience. At the end of the tour everyone feels like a big family and never wants to leave.Read more
136 Italy on a Budget Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JWJarrodAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome For 18 -39's4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 15, 2018Had a great experience, the guide was very friendly and looked after the group well. Saw many things over the 4 days and it was not too rushed.
- JennaAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome For 18 -39's3.0 - AverageWritten on September 27, 2018Ticked off must see and do things in an efficient manner. Communication could have been improved upon. Accommodation was rubbish with terribly rude staff.Italy on a Budget Tours commented on this reviewHi Jenna, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on our Amalfi Coast tour. We are happy to hear that you liked the itinerary and the structure of the tour however there are a few things that we would like to understand more. Considering that reviews make the customers trust a local business more, give reliability and professionalism to a company and most of the customers are referred to us by the opinion of other existing customers, we would like to make clear a few points. I see that your overall opinion is average mainly due to the accommodation and meals. For what concerns meals, I personally think that this section should not even be present in our reviews since we clearly mention that they are not included in none of our packages. I understand that this is not the case for all the operators, however you also have the possibility to select N/A. Why your opinion on something not included and not expected from a package should affect the tour value? Regarding the accommodation, for our Amalfi coast tour we make clear to underline the fact that we stay in cabins in a campsite located at 10 minutes walk from the centre of Sorrento. It's a camping village with great facilities such as a private beach, a pool, a great restaurant with a view and more. Off course the accommodation is basic but we personally don't consider it rubbish at all for a budget accommodation on the Amalfi Coast. I would like to inform you that for who is not keen on staying at campsite villages and prefers more comforts we offer the same tour package in a 3 stars Hotel at a different costs. I am sorry if you did not have a good experience with the campsite staff and you felt they were rude with you, however my only doubt regards the fact that you wanted to book for another person in that campsite that you judge as rubbish. All this does not make sense to me. Our tour leaders have informed us that you met some friends who were staying in Capri Island and you left the tour the first day to join them. You did not take part to any activities, to any orientation walk, to any meal and you did not even stay at the campsite and you did not return with the group back to Rome. It's a bit frustrating when you give 100% of yourself in something and then you are judged by who did not even try it. Last but not least, you mention that communication could have been improved upon. I see that there are no messanges in the chat box of Tour Radar. I don't know if you are aware that we send to our guests also one first email with the tour program, accommodation details, photos and other important travel info. One week before the tour start, we send another email with a reminder of meeting point and meeting time, what to bring with you, our estimate of a daily budget and our optional activities suggested. You also receive another automatic email from our system that invites you to check the tour info and to ask any question you may have. All these emails have been sent also to you with no reply from your side. In order to improve our services and communication with our future customers, it means a lot to me to know the further info that you may need beforehand. I would appreciate if you could reach me out through email to discuss about it. Thank you again for your opinion and we hope you will be able to join us again in the future as we have several types of tour for all tastes and needs.
- JOJanelleThe Best Of Tuscany - 4d/3n ( April - Oct )4.0 - GoodWritten on September 11, 2018Florentina (from Naples) was also great! Very knowledgeable.
- LJLizAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome For 18 -39's5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 4, 2018It was a fantastic tour in a beautiful country. Luis did a brilliant job as our tour guide!
- NhanThe Best Of Tuscany - 4d/3n ( April - Oct )5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 31, 2018Enjoyed the tour thoroughly
- hamedAmalfi Coast Tour From Rome For 18 -39's5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 30, 2018i hope to see you soon
Italy on a Budget Tours Tours
About Italy on a Budget Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours videos
- Amalfi coast trip
- Let's learn how to cook Italian food!
- Q&A: Italy on a Budget
- PISA & CINQUE TERRE day trip
- The Taste of Tuscany
- Show more...
- Amalfi coast with Italy on Budget tours
- Italy On A Budget INTRO
- The Grape Escape winery tour
- Tuscany Experience day touur
- Italy on a Budget
- The Palio of Siena with Italy on a Budget tours
- 7D BUONGIORNO ITALIA
- Mamma Mia! 13 day tour of Italy
- Best of Tuscany with Italy on a Budget tours
- Frequently asked questions
Italy on a Budget Tours Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!