“Majestic Peru is an exhausitve trip in all sense of the word. You get a good picture of Peru (except the jungle) with a well balanced itinerary. Our escort, Raul Delgado was wonderful (except he walks too fast sometimes), helping us find interesting and ...“
Awards & Recognitions
Intrepid Travel Guides
- Largest 'small group adventure' tour provider in the world
- Over 1,000 itineraries in +100 countries
- Our tour leaders are 100% local
- Responsible business is ingrained in our culture
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They traveled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch o...
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They traveled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles from basix to comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveler no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown and their mode of transport has evolved, but their mission remains the same: responsible travel, small groups, and big adventures.Read more
1,291 Intrepid Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- KaelaBerlin to Venice4.0 - GoodWritten on June 24, 2018Loved my tour! Everything was great
- MWMichaelKakadu Katherine & Litchfield Adventure4.0 - GoodWritten on June 23, 2018A great tour overall. Great sites. Food at lunch was a bit tiresome. Glad the bus wasn’t full though. Overall we got what was advertised.
- EnricoExplore Vietnam1.5 - Rather poorWritten on June 21, 2018Booked with Intrepid for the first time and after this awful experience i will never book again with them. Hien was the worst guide i have ever had in my life.…Read moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Enrico, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your trip - we have passed this feedback along to our customer relations team who are currently investigating and will be in touch with you soon. If you'd like to share any further feedback beforehand, please feel free to email email@example.com. Kind regards, Intrepid
- RLRaymondBuenos Aires to Rio Explorer3.0 - AverageWritten on June 20, 2018Lorenzo as guide in AR, UR and part of BR was superior. Natalie in BR was adequate but barely so. Accommodations, Travel and other logistics was as advertised…Read moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Raymond, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed your time in South America with us - such a fabulous part of the world! But we are a little disappointed to hear that you weren't 100% satisfied with all aspects of your trip. We'd like to more fully understand your experience, so please feel free to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to share further feedback. Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- ACAndreaMajestic Peru4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 19, 2018Majestic Peru is an exhausitve trip in all sense of the word. You get a good picture of Peru (except the jungle) with a well balanced itinerary. Our escort, R…Read moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Andrea, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed your time in Peru - sounds like you got to see and do quite a lot! We'll pass along your feedback to our global team (and Raul), who will be very happy to hear that you and your spouse were well taken care of. And we hope you recovered quickly enough that you still had time to enjoy all the delicious Peruvian food! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- MadeleineEgypt Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 19, 2018Great taster of ancient egyptIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHI Madeleine, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Egypt! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- ChristianBest of Morocco4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 18, 2018it was a wonderful experience. I highly recommendIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHI Christian, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in Morocco! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
Intrepid Travel Tours
About Intrepid Travel
Intrepid Travel videos
- Discover Vietnam
- Discover USA
- Discover Uganda
- Discover Thailand
- Discover Tanzania
- Show more...
- Discover Spain
- Discover South Africa
- Discover Peru
- Discover Nepal
- Discover Morocco
- Discover Mongolia
- Discover Kenya
- Discover Italy
- Discover India
- Discover Egypt
- Discover China
- Discover Cambodia
- Discover Botswana
- Discover Borneo
- Discover Australia
- Discover Antarctica
- Intrepid Family Adventures
- A Taste of Vietnam
- A Day in India
- A Taste of China
- From Japan with Love (and Dashi)
- Local Vietnam Leaders
- Q&A with Bruno Dawson
- Angkor Trails
- Intrepid's Adventure Collective - Guatemala
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Taste of Tasmania
- Kilimanjaro in the Darkness
- Sunrise over the Great Wall of China
- Tanzania Cycling Adventure
- Discover Western Australia
- China Food Adventure
- Sailing Burma
- Australia - Red Centre
- Sailing the Caribbean
- Family Adventure - India
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Main Page Video
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Lisbon with Intrepid Travel
Travel is best Shared
Well Balanced Itineraries
Getting Off the Beaten Track
All Travelers Welcome
Tours run by Locals
Small Group Travel
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Intrepid Travel Photos
Popular for Intrepid Travel
Intrepid Story & History
Back in 1988, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch , set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They traveled to Africa, and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends.
On the trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, not long after this moment, Intrepid was born.
These days Intrepid has grown considerably, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience adventure all across Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Australasia. and Antarctica.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is tipping commonplace in other parts of the world?
Yes, in most places tipping is expected. At your welcome meeting, ask your leader about the local custom and advice on how much is recommended at restaurants or with local guides. At the end of your trip, you may also choose to tip your Intrepid leader.
What trips include a kitty and what is it?
The Kitty system is operated on some trips like the Overland and Basix. The kitty is a cash contribution to a central fund and overseen by the travellers and crew. It helps fund accommodation, camp meals or activities for the entire group. Contribution to the kitty is compulsory on some trips while voluntary on others. Please check for the up-to-date amount 48 hours prior to your trip commencement.
Will the coach be modern and comfortable?
It depends on where you are travelling and on what style of trip. On a Basix trip in Asia, expect a local bus with no air-conditioning. On a Comfort or Original trip in South America, there will be reclining seats and sometimes even refreshments offered.
What type of ground transportation is used?
Intrepid uses as much local transport as possible, which means travelling on everything from a camel to a train, minivan or bus.
Will I be able to charge my electrical appliances?
In most places you’ll be able to recharge your appliances at the hotel. On their Overland trips, most of the vehicles we use come with their own power supply and you should be able to recharge onboard.
Will I get internet coverage?
It depends on the destination. Some places have Wi-Fi hot spots everywhere and other places will have limited or no coverage at all.
Will my mobile work?
Many of the destinations are out of the way and there maybe limited coverage so Intrepid cannot guarantee your phone will work as desired. Contact your phone provider before you leave about global roaming and the costs involved, and get their advice on the coverage you’ll receive in the places you’re travelling in.
How can friends and family get in contact while on tour?
Family and friends can contact Intrepid directly if they are unable to contact you in an emergency through email or phone. There is also a list of emergency contact details in the Trip Notes (for your destination).
What are the available communication facilities?
Many hotels and public places have Wi-Fi so it’s usually possible to keep in touch with home every couple of days. In remote places (think Mali, Serengeti or the Sahara) or on treks or homestays, you will not be able to communicate as readily.
What standards of hotels should I expect?
The hotel standards depends on the Trip Style you have chosen. Basic accommodation is generally budget (1-2 star), while Original is budget or tourist class (2-3 star). On a Comfort trip you can expect tourist class (3-4 star).