“This was my first time traveling with Insight. I was a little nervous has I was doing a twin share and traveling alone. Sue made sure everything went smoothly and that my roommate and I were ok with everything. I did all of the optional experiences, all of...“
- Smaller Group Camaraderie
- Travel and Stay in Style
- Seamless, Stress-Free Travel
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- Insight Experiences
When you travel with Insight Vacations every second is magical. You won’t just see a destination, you will meet it, feel it and taste it. Travel in style and stay at premium hotels in the right location. Discover new cultures and people with authentic dining experien...
When you travel with Insight Vacations every second is magical. You won’t just see a destination, you will meet it, feel it and taste it. Travel in style and stay at premium hotels in the right location. Discover new cultures and people with authentic dining experiences that take you to the heart of a destination. Welcome to the art of traveling in style!Read more
277 Insight Vacations Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- MMariaFatimaVeraCruzBest of Morocco (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 18, 2019The best guided tour I’ve had so far! Hassan shared his love and passion for his country with us. The itineraries were exceptional...went to a lot of important …Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the wonderful time you had in Morocco with Insight Vacations. We are delighted to hear that Hassan went the extra mile to make your time on the road a memorable one. Furthermore, we are without a doubt happy to have been given the opportunity to host you and we look forward to journeying with you again soon.
- KKristenBest of Italy (2018-19, 11 Days)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 15, 2019Amazing trip to Italy!! Chris and the local guides in Rome and Florence were wonderful- knowledgeable and friendly. Loved not having the stress of planning the …Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the wonderful time you had in Italy with Insight Vacations. We are delighted to hear that your Travel Director went above and beyond to make your time on the road a memorable one. Furthermore, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we look forward to journeying with you again soon.
- JJudyYandohBest of Morocco (Winter 2019 2020)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 15, 2019Overall enjoyed the tour. This is the only way though I can provide important information to those interested in the tour and feedback to Insight that they mig…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about your Best of Morocco trip with Insight Vacations. Whilst we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our tailored itinerary and locations visited, we, however, are saddened to learn that not all aspects of your trip met the standards you had perhaps hoped for. As such, we would like to assure you that your concerns have been forwarded to our internal team for further review to see where improvements could be made to better the experience for our guests. With that in mind, it pleases us to read that your overall experience with us exceeded your expectations and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back for more amazing destinations
- LlaurenFerrierEasy Pace Budapest, Vienna & Prague (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 14, 2019Loved this tour so much, it was a good pace that we had the opportunity to see the sights and also had plenty of free time to explore the cities. I feel like an…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt certainly pleases us to hear that your time in Europe with Insight Vacations exceeded your expectations. Moreover, we thank you for your recommendation and we certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for more great destinations.
- EElaineFerrierCountry Roads of Puglia & the Neapolitan Riviera (Summer 2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 14, 2019Thoroughly enjoyed this magnificent tour of Italy. The included experiences were extremely interesting and lots of fun. The hotels are of a high standard and lo…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the wonderful time you had on the Country Roads of Puglia and Neapolitan Riviera trip with Insight Vacations. We are extremely proud to hear that our staff helped set the perfect tone for a memorable holiday. Similarly, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- SSandiForbesCountry Roads of Umbria & Tuscany (2019)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 14, 2019This tour was an opportunity to meet up with friends from New Zealand that we had met on a previous Insight tour. It was great fun to travel with them and Insig…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the wonderful time you had in Italy with Insight Vacations. We are delighted to hear that your Travel Director went above and beyond to make your time on the road a memorable one. Furthermore, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we look forward to journeying with you again soon.
- CClaireHanneyWonders of Egypt (2018-19, 9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 12, 2019I can't say what I loved most about this trip. At first I was astounded by how Egyptian people are so friendly and keen to make sure that travellers felt at eas…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are delighted to learn that your experience on the Wonders of Egypt tour exceeded all your expectations. We are very proud to hear about the professionalism and passion shown by our staff throughout your time on the road. Furthermore, we are very happy to have been given the opportunity to host you and we hope that you were able to take in all the wonderful sights of Egypt.
- AAnthonyEasy Pace Budapest, Vienna & Prague (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 7, 2019A wonderment of history, culture and architectural beauty all in in luxurious ride!Insight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing this with us. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience in Europe with Insight Vacations. Moreover, we are elated that our tailored itinerary was to your liking and we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- CCameronNorthern Spain end Barcelona (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 7, 2019Fantastic experience with Insight Vacations. I loved all the included experiences and how the trip was seemless. I felt myself more relaxed each day. The relax …Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are elated to learn that your experience in Spain with Insight Vacations exceeded your expectations. We are especially pleased to hear that your Travel Director and Coach Driver’s dedication and knowledge allowed for an amazing atmosphere throughout your time on the road. Moreover, we are without a doubt happy to have shared such a great experience with you, we thank you for your recommendations and we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon for more incredible experiences.
- EEmilyGallantMagical Switzerland (Winter 2019 2020)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 6, 2019This was my first time traveling with Insight. I was a little nervous has I was doing a twin share and traveling alone. Sue made sure everything went smoothly a…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your thoughts on the Magical Switzerland tour with Insight Vacations. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the road. Even more, we are proud to learn of the immense effort put in by our staff to ensure a seamless and memorable experience for our guests. Similarly, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we hope to welcome you back to travel with us again soon.
Insight Vacations Tours
About Insight Vacations
Insight Vacations videos
- The Magic of Winter Markets
- Country Roads of Umbria & Tuscany with Insight Tour Director Francesca Bossi
- Russia, Warsaw & the Baltic States with Insight Tour Director Anna Luthi
- Best of Morocco with Insight Tour Director Barrak Abdulwahad
- Easy Pace Italy with Insight Tour Director Belinda Richardson
- Show more...
- Highlights of Spain with Insight Tour Director Jacqueline Pangman
- Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria with Insight Tour Director Robert Lintott
- Country Roads of Italy with Insight Tour Director Elena Terminello
- Highlights of Europe with Insight Tour Director Ruth Ridgway
- Northern Capitals & Russia with Insight Tour Director Maja Polansek
- Grand Tour of Italy & Sicily with Insight Tour Director Daniele Nannetti
- Romantic Britain & Ireland with Insight Tour Director Cherryl Duke
- The Great Western American Adventure with Insight Tour Director Todd Geist
- Glorious Switzerland with Insight Tour Director Martin Malissa
- Britain & Ireland Explorer with Insight Tour Director Christina Bader
- The Best of Eastern Canada & the USA with Insight Tour Director Roger Grenfell
- Classic Mid Atlantic with Insight Tour Director Robin O'Malley
- Sicily in Depth with Insight Tour Director Barbara Tagliavento
- Natural Wonders of Iceland with Insight Tour Director Snorri Valsonn
- Make Travel Matter - TreadRight Foundation
- #InsightMoments - The Best Gelato Ever
- #InsightMoments - Hurling in Kilkenny
- #Insight Moments - Foodie Delights in Budapest
- Discover Ireland with Insight Vacations
- Discover Spain with Insight Vacations
- Discover Italy with Insight Vacations
- USA & Canada 2019 (extended version) - Insight Vacation
- Oberammergau: The Passion Play 2020
- The TreadRight Foundation Make Travel Matter (Short)
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents The Imperial Cities
- TourRadar presents Italy with John 1/2
- TourRadar presents Italy with John 2/2
- TourRadar presents Italy with Insight Vacations
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
Insight Vacations Ships
- Celestyal OlympiaMS Celestyal Olympia cruise ship (previously “Louis Olympia”) was built in 1982 as “Song of America” for RCCL (Ro… Read moreBuilt1982 (refurbished in 2016)Guests1611Crew540Length215 m / 705 ftSuites9Staterooms724Gross Tonnage37584 gtElectricity110VBeam28 m / 92 ftCruising Speed21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mphDraft7m
- MS MedeaThis impressive boat is among the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elegantly furnished with rich fabrics, wood paneling and class… Read moreLength72.35mWidth14.3mSuites59Draft1.59m
- MS MiriamThis impressive boat is amongst the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elegantly furnished with fabrics, wood paneling and classic… Read moreLength72mWidth14.5mSuites59Draft1.52m
- MS GiselleInaugurated in 1996 and renovated during 2006, this impressive five star boat is among the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elega… Read moreBuilt1996 (renovated during 2006)Length72mWidth13.6mDraft1.6m
- MS Holland America Line - WesterdamRecently updated with new bar, entertainment and dining venues, plus completely reimagined suites, Westerdam is a fascinating destination… Read moreGuests1916Length936ftWidth105.8ft
- Travvy Awards SILVER Best Escorted Tour Operator – Luxury2017
- Recommend Readers’ Choice Awards Silver Best Tour Operator - Luxury2017
- Recommend Readers’ Choice Awards Silver Best Tour Operator – Europe2017
- Wave Awards Best Tour Operator for Foodies2017
- AAA Best in Member Service Award2017
- Travel Weekly Globe Award for 'Best Premium Touring Service'2017
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 35,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Insight Vacations Photos
The Insight Difference
Deliciously Authentic Dining
Travel in Style
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the pre-registration form required for?
Insight has a pre-travel registration check-in program which provides your Travel Director with advanced security information which may be required by hotels and border crossings as well as giving them important insights into your interests and preferences. As the information is provided by you before you travel this gives your Travel Director plenty of time to better prepare for your individual needs in order for them to make your holiday experience even more enjoyable.
Do you have a past passenger discount program?
Insight does have a past passenger program and every guest is automatically enrolled in after they complete their first trip with Insight Vacations (or one of their sister brands). Please let our team of Travel Experts know at the time of booking if you are a past passenger to see if you are eligible for any additional discounts.
Do you have a non-smoking policy on your tours?
There is a no smoking policy when you are travelling on the Insight coach. However, your Travel Director will ensure you have plenty of convenience stops giving you the opportunity to smoke, use local restroom facilities, take a scenic snapshot or just relax and enjoy of cup of coffee.
What is an optional activity?
Optional activities are not automatically included in the tour cost but are offered at the start of your tour and designed to enhance your travel experience in the places you visit if you wish to undertake them. Your Travel Director will have a list of available options and the costs of the activities which they will pass onto you on day 1 of the tour. An example of an optional activity is it could be a seafood lunch in Venice, an opera in Vienna or a Grand Canyon Helicopter ride. For more details please have a look at your detailed travel documents which you will receive before departing on the tour.
What are some of the advantages for having fewer seats on your coaches?
When travelling with Insight, it's not just extra legroom that can look forward to but there is also extra large windows. Plus, you can recline without worrying about bothering the passenger behind you and have more room for personal belongings. As the coaches hold fewer people it also means embarking and disembarking the coach takes less time so you have more time to explore the beautiful cities you are visiting.
Are the coaches modern and comfortable?
The luxury coaches have incredible space and comfort for you to enjoy when travelling. The coaches have been specially reconfigured with fewer seats, you will get to relax in style whilst enjoying up to twice as much legroom than on a standard travelling coach.
Is travelling by coach relaxing?
Insight will do their best to make sure you are as comfortable as possible whilst travelling by coach on the tour. They ensure comfort levels by including plenty of rest stops during each coach journey and on each coach, you will find an on-board washroom for all coaches travelling long distances (expect in Morocco). Your Travel Director will also introduce a seat rotation plan each day which guarantees everyone gets to enjoy the magnificent views whilst travelling head and shoulders above the other traffic.
What is an Insight Travel Director?
Insight Travel Directors are amongst the finest tour guides in the touring business and on your tour they will help navigate you through the beauty of the region you are travelling through by exploring the different cultures, languages and diversities.
Why should I book onto an Insight Vacations tour?
Insight is completely unique as they are currently one of the only tour operators to give you more legroom on every tour at no extra cost, you will consistently stay in quality hotels in desirable locations, you will enjoy more included sightseeing and because you travel in smaller groups you will receive more of a personal service from your experienced Travel Director and Travel Driver.
What is the best way to exchange my cash for Euros?
The best exchange rate is always generally with your credit card or debit card but almost all cards are now charging on average a 3% foreign transaction fee. Many places do not accept AMEX as their bank charge is higher than Visa or MasterCard. Another option is simply going to a currency exchange store before you depart to get some Euros converted from your usual currency to cash.