“This trip was more than I expected and I am so grateful I was part of it. The highlights of my trip was seeing snow for the first time and visiting the Matterhorn. When we were going up to see it I couldn’t believe the beauty of it and I took amazing pictu...“
Insight Vacations Guides
- Smaller Group Camaraderie
- Travel and Stay in Style
- Seamless, Stress-Free Travel
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- Insight Experiences
When you travel with Insight Vacations every second is magical. You won’t just see a destination, you will meet it, feel it and taste it. Travel in style and stay at premium hotels in the right location. Discover new cultures and people with authentic dining experien...
When you travel with Insight Vacations every second is magical. You won’t just see a destination, you will meet it, feel it and taste it. Travel in style and stay at premium hotels in the right location. Discover new cultures and people with authentic dining experiences that take you to the heart of a destination. Welcome to the art of traveling in style!Read more
413 Insight Vacations Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- FLFred WilliamEnchanting Canyonlands - 20205.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 4, 2020Great trip great funInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are very pleased to hear that your time on the Enchanting Canyonlands trip was a memorable one. On top of that, we hope that you were able to go back home with some amazing memories and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
- MMoriaEnchanting Canyonlands - 20205.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 29, 2020It was a wonderful week with Jason Cohen and the rest of the passengers. Jason was a fount of information - so very interesting. GREAT guide. Perhaps for fut…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt certainly pleases us to learn that your Travel Director went above and beyond to make your time in the Canyonlands a memorable one. Also, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience on the road. Furthermore, we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon to explore more amazing destinations.
- ECElizabethWinter Wonderland - Winter 2020 20214.0 - GoodWritten on January 7, 2020Fabulous tour for our 1st time to Europe. Mataja was very knowledgeable on all places we visited. The hotels were great, clean and comfortable. Great group of p…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are delighted to learn that your experience in Europe with Insight Vacations was a total success. We are even happier to hear that our staff’s passion and knowledge shined throughout your time on the road. Furthermore, we look forward to sharing more amazing destinations with you in the near future.
- LucyEasy Pace Budapest, Vienna & Prague - 2020 2021 (10 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 2, 2020I had a fantastic time on this trip from start to finish! I loved discovering so many new destinations and learning so much from the friendly locals. This jou…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed every moment of the Easy Pace Budapest, Vienna and Prague trip with Insight Vacations. Furthermore, we are elated to know that our carefully crafted itinerary was a perfect fit for you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to discover more great destinations in the near future.
- KathleenWonders Of Egypt - 2020 (9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 24, 2019Egypt was Breathtaking! It exceeded my expectations and beyond. Such a beautiful country filled with some much history and culture. I honestly cannot pick a fav…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the excellent time you experienced in Egypt with Insight Vacations. We are very pleased to learn that your Travel Director and Coach Driver made your time on the road a memorable one. Moreover, we are extremely happy to hear that you saw all that you wanted to see and more and to we look forward to journeying with you again soon.
- MMelissaWonders Of Egypt - Winter 2019 2020 (9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 23, 2019Traveling to Egypt was an experience I’ll never forget. The destination is incredible and traveling with Insight Vacations made it all the more memorable. I can…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt certainly pleases us to hear that your time visiting the Wonders of Egypt with Insight Vacations exceeded all of your expectations. We are exceptionally proud to hear about the effort put in by our staff to ensure the overall success of your trip. That being said, we thank you for your recommendation and we are delighted that you were able to see so many great Egyptian destinations all in one trip.
- VHVeraAlpine Christmas Markets - Winter 2020 20215.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 21, 2019We knowledgable guide Bus driver excellent Would have liked an extra day in InnsbruckInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing this with us. We appreciate your feedback on the Alpine Christmas Markets trip with Insight Vacations. Moreover, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience with us and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for more amazing adventures.
- AAdamConsovoyWonders Of Egypt - Winter 2019 2020 (9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 20, 2019To say that this was the trip of a lifetime would be an understatement. I knew that this trip would include all of the famous sights you can find in any guide …Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing this with us, we are extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent time on the Wonders of Egypt trip with Insight Vacations. Also, we are very proud of the efforts of our staff to make your time on the road as memorable as possible. Furthermore, we are delighted to know that you saw all you wanted to see and more and we hope that you were able to make lots of unforgettable memories.
- MGMichelleAlpine Christmas Markets - Winter 2020 20215.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 17, 2019Magnificent experience of a European Christmas. This tour is expertly organised with a great mixture of organised experiences, optional extras and free time to …Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed every moment of the Alpine Christmas Markets trip with Insight Vacations. Furthermore, we are elated to know that our carefully crafted itinerary was a perfect fit for you and we are delighted to hear that your coach rides were comfortable as this allowed you to take in all the beautiful sights the Christmas markets has to offer.
- GGreciaHernandezMagical Switzerland - Winter 2020 20215.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 16, 2019This trip was more than I expected and I am so grateful I was part of it. The highlights of my trip was seeing snow for the first time and visiting the Matterho…Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing this with us. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience in Switzerland with Insight Vacations. Moreover, we are elated that our tailored itinerary was to your liking and we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon for more amazing destinations.
Insight Vacations Tours
About Insight Vacations
Insight Vacations videos
- Make Travel Matter - TreadRight Foundation
- #InsightMoments - The Best Gelato Ever
- #InsightMoments - Hurling in Kilkenny
- #Insight Moments - Foodie Delights in Budapest
- Discover Ireland with Insight Vacations
- Show more...
- Discover Spain with Insight Vacations
- Discover Italy with Insight Vacations
- USA & Canada 2019 (extended version) - Insight Vacation
- Oberammergau: The Passion Play 2020
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- TourRadar presents The Imperial Cities
- TourRadar presents Italy with John 1/2
- TourRadar presents Italy with John 2/2
- TourRadar presents Italy with Insight Vacations
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
- Discover USA
- USA & Canada 2020
- Meet the Travel Director - Sharon Tooman
- Discover England with Insight Vacations
- Discover Egypt with Insight Vacations
- Discover France with Insight Vacations
- Insight Vacations Europe & Britain 2020 - 2021
- Insight Vacations Ancient Civilisations 2020
- #InsightMoments - A Local's Perspective in Pisa
- #InsightMoments - Discover the Art of Glassblowing in Murano, Italy
- #InsightMoments - A Local's Perspective in Pompeii
- #InsightMoments - Make Pasta Like a Pro in Alberobello, Italy
- #InsightMoments - Live La Dolce Vita in Capri, Italy
- #InsightMoments - Meet the Sequeira Family in Portugal
- #InsightMoments - Tasting Sherry Liquor in Óbidos, Portugal
- #InsightMoments - Uncover the Secrets of Ardgowan House, Scotland
- #InsightMoments - History and Heritage of Birdsall House in North Yorkshire, England
- #InsightMoments - Get to Know a Proud Local in Edinburgh Castle
- #InsightMoments - A Local's Perspective in Tomar
- #InsightMoments - Dine Like a Local in Torremolinos, Spain
- Meet Sharon Tooman, Travel Director, England
- Meet Heather Andrews, Travel Director, USA & Canada
- Meet Laurent Millet, Travel Director, France
Insight Vacations Ships
- Celestyal OlympiaMS Celestyal Olympia cruise ship (previously “Louis Olympia”) was built in 1982 as “Song of America” for RCCL (Ro… Read moreBuilt1982 (refurbished in 2016)Guests1611Crew540Length215 m / 705 ftSuites9Staterooms724Gross Tonnage37584 gtElectricity110VBeam28 m / 92 ftCruising Speed21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mphDraft7m
- MS Nieuw AmsterdamDelivered in 2010, the 86,000-ton Nieuw Amsterdam was built at Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard and its interior de… Read moreBuilt2010 (refurbished in 2018)Guests2106Crew929Length285 m / 935 ftWidth105.8Staterooms1053Gross Tonnage86273 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph
- Celestyal CrystalMS Celestyal Crystal cruise ship (previously sailing as “Louis Cristal”) was built in 1980 as Viking Saga ferry ship for Rede… Read moreBuilt1980 (refurbished in 2014)Guests1200Crew406Length158 m / 518 ftStaterooms476Gross Tonnage25611 gtBeam25 m / 82 ftCruising Speed21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph
- MS MedeaThis impressive boat is among the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elegantly furnished with rich fabrics, wood paneling and class… Read moreLength72.35mWidth14.3mSuites59Draft1.59m
- MS MiriamThis impressive boat is amongst the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elegantly furnished with fabrics, wood paneling and classic… Read moreLength72mWidth14.5mSuites59Draft1.52m
- MS GiselleInaugurated in 1996 and renovated during 2006, this impressive five star boat is among the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elega… Read moreBuilt1996 (renovated during 2006)Length72mWidth13.6mDraft1.6m
- MS Holland America Line - WesterdamRecently updated with new bar, entertainment and dining venues, plus completely reimagined suites, Westerdam is a fascinating destination… Read moreGuests1916Length936ftWidth105.8ft
- Travvy Awards SILVER Best Escorted Tour Operator – Luxury2017
- Recommend Readers’ Choice Awards Silver Best Tour Operator - Luxury2017
- Recommend Readers’ Choice Awards Silver Best Tour Operator – Europe2017
- Wave Awards Best Tour Operator for Foodies2017
- AAA Best in Member Service Award2017
- Travel Weekly Globe Award for 'Best Premium Touring Service'2017
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
The Insight Difference
Deliciously Authentic Dining
Travel in Style
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the pre-registration form required for?
Insight has a pre-travel registration check-in program which provides your Travel Director with advanced security information which may be required by hotels and border crossings as well as giving them important insights into your interests and preferences. As the information is provided by you before you travel this gives your Travel Director plenty of time to better prepare for your individual needs in order for them to make your holiday experience even more enjoyable.
Do you have a past passenger discount program?
Insight does have a past passenger program and every guest is automatically enrolled in after they complete their first trip with Insight Vacations (or one of their sister brands). Please let our team of Travel Experts know at the time of booking if you are a past passenger to see if you are eligible for any additional discounts.
Do you have a non-smoking policy on your tours?
There is a no smoking policy when you are travelling on the Insight coach. However, your Travel Director will ensure you have plenty of convenience stops giving you the opportunity to smoke, use local restroom facilities, take a scenic snapshot or just relax and enjoy of cup of coffee.
What is an optional activity?
Optional activities are not automatically included in the tour cost but are offered at the start of your tour and designed to enhance your travel experience in the places you visit if you wish to undertake them. Your Travel Director will have a list of available options and the costs of the activities which they will pass onto you on day 1 of the tour. An example of an optional activity is it could be a seafood lunch in Venice, an opera in Vienna or a Grand Canyon Helicopter ride. For more details please have a look at your detailed travel documents which you will receive before departing on the tour.
What are some of the advantages for having fewer seats on your coaches?
When travelling with Insight, it's not just extra legroom that can look forward to but there is also extra large windows. Plus, you can recline without worrying about bothering the passenger behind you and have more room for personal belongings. As the coaches hold fewer people it also means embarking and disembarking the coach takes less time so you have more time to explore the beautiful cities you are visiting.
Are the coaches modern and comfortable?
The luxury coaches have incredible space and comfort for you to enjoy when travelling. The coaches have been specially reconfigured with fewer seats, you will get to relax in style whilst enjoying up to twice as much legroom than on a standard travelling coach.
Is travelling by coach relaxing?
Insight will do their best to make sure you are as comfortable as possible whilst travelling by coach on the tour. They ensure comfort levels by including plenty of rest stops during each coach journey and on each coach, you will find an on-board washroom for all coaches travelling long distances (expect in Morocco). Your Travel Director will also introduce a seat rotation plan each day which guarantees everyone gets to enjoy the magnificent views whilst travelling head and shoulders above the other traffic.
What is an Insight Travel Director?
Insight Travel Directors are amongst the finest tour guides in the touring business and on your tour they will help navigate you through the beauty of the region you are travelling through by exploring the different cultures, languages and diversities.
Why should I book onto an Insight Vacations tour?
Insight is completely unique as they are currently one of the only tour operators to give you more legroom on every tour at no extra cost, you will consistently stay in quality hotels in desirable locations, you will enjoy more included sightseeing and because you travel in smaller groups you will receive more of a personal service from your experienced Travel Director and Travel Driver.
What is the best way to exchange my cash for Euros?
The best exchange rate is always generally with your credit card or debit card but almost all cards are now charging on average a 3% foreign transaction fee. Many places do not accept AMEX as their bank charge is higher than Visa or MasterCard. Another option is simply going to a currency exchange store before you depart to get some Euros converted from your usual currency to cash.