- Smaller Group Camaraderie
- Travel and Stay in Style
- Seamless, Stress-Free Travel
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
At Insight Vacations, we have been in the business of creating memorable experiences for travellers for over 40 years. But for us, it’s never been just a business. Travel in its truest sense - not just going to outstanding places, but really connecting with them, in ...
At Insight Vacations, we have been in the business of creating memorable experiences for travellers for over 40 years. But for us, it’s never been just a business. Travel in its truest sense - not just going to outstanding places, but really connecting with them, in an authentic way - is both a delight and a personal passion, for every member of our team. Let us share that passion with you. We’ll take you on an unforgettable journey. We’ll immerse you in unique experiences, and we’ll introduce you to amazing people. The magic begins here!Read more
241 Insight Vacations Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- NNickContiGrand Italy and Sicily (Summer 2018, 17 Days) (from Rome to Palermo)2.5 - AverageWritten on December 8, 2018Start taking the many complaints from several people from the UK, Australia and the US seriously. "We're sorry for you disappointment" is the best that any of …Read moreInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your feedback on the Grand Italy and Sicily tour with Insight Vacations. We are saddened to read that your experience with us did not meet the standards you had perhaps anticipated. Rest assured that your feedback has been received by our American Guest Relations team who will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Nonetheless, we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to restore your full faith in our guided holidays in the near future.
- SBStuartAlpine Christmas Markets (Winter 2018-2019, 10 Days)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on December 4, 2018We really appreciated the well thought out itinerary. The towns we visited were lovely and not too far apart. We thought the logistics of the tour were excell…Read more
- DdsfdsafdsafMagical Switzerland (Winter 2018-19, 8 Days)4.0 - GoodWritten on November 15, 2018gfga gfgfhjdsa gfhjdsa gfj kjfgas ggfhj gfsa a gsa gahj fga gf gfsa gfjas gfsa fja jf ga g gf f
- MAMargaretItalian Intermezzo (2018-19, 9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 12, 2018The tour far exceeded my expectations Anne is a marvelous planner and guide. She made sure we had a perfect experience
- MAMargaretItalian Intermezzo (2018-19, 9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 12, 2018The tour far exceeded my expectations. Anne was so fabulous
- WWilliamPowersEnchanting Canyonlands (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 10, 2018Great tour and excellent guide.
- SASharonEnchanting Canyonlands (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 30, 2018This was an awesome trip! Our Guide Linda Essenbrug went above and beyond in every instance.
Insight Vacations Tours
About Insight Vacations
Insight Vacations videos
- The Magic of Winter Markets
- Country Roads of Umbria & Tuscany with Insight Tour Director Francesca Bossi
- Russia, Warsaw & the Baltic States with Insight Tour Director Anna Luthi
- Best of Morocco with Insight Tour Director Barrak Abdulwahad
- Easy Pace Italy with Insight Tour Director Belinda Richardson
- Show more...
- Highlights of Spain with Insight Tour Director Jacqueline Pangman
- Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria with Insight Tour Director Robert Lintott
- Country Roads of Italy with Insight Tour Director Elena Terminello
- Highlights of Europe with Insight Tour Director Ruth Ridgway
- Northern Capitals & Russia with Insight Tour Director Maja Polansek
- Grand Tour of Italy & Sicily with Insight Tour Director Daniele Nannetti
- Romantic Britain & Ireland with Insight Tour Director Cherryl Duke
- The Great Western American Adventure with Insight Tour Director Todd Geist
- Glorious Switzerland with Insight Tour Director Martin Malissa
- Britain & Ireland Explorer with Insight Tour Director Christina Bader
- The Best of Eastern Canada & the USA with Insight Tour Director Roger Grenfell
- Classic Mid Atlantic with Insight Tour Director Robin O'Malley
- Sicily in Depth with Insight Tour Director Barbara Tagliavento
- Natural Wonders of Iceland with Insight Tour Director Snorri Valsonn
- Make Travel Matter - TreadRight Foundation
- #InsightMoments - The Best Gelato Ever
- #InsightMoments - Hurling in Kilkenny
- #Insight Moments - Foodie Delights in Budapest
- #InsightMoments - The Best Gelato Ever
- Discover Ireland with Insight Vacations
- Discover Spain with Insight Vacations
- Discover Italy with Insight Vacations
- USA & Canada 2019 (extended version) - Insight Vacation
- Oberammergau: The Passion Play 2020
- The TreadRight Foundation Make Travel Matter (Short)
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
Insight Vacations Ships
- Celestyal OlympiaEnjoy your drink at Thalassa and Horizons bar and watch the Aegean Sea shimmer before your eyes… Read moreCrew540Length37.58mSuites9Staterooms724Electricity110VDraft7m
- MS MedeaThis impressive boat is among the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elegantly furnished with rich fabrics, wood paneling and class… Read moreLength72.35mWidth14.3mSuites59Draft1.59m
- MS MiriamThis impressive boat is amongst the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elegantly furnished with fabrics, wood paneling and classic… Read moreLength72mWidth14.5mSuites59Draft1.52m
- MS GiselleInaugurated in 1996 and renovated during 2006, this impressive five star boat is among the most luxurious of all boats on the Nile. Elega… Read moreBuilt1996 (renovated during 2006)Length72mWidth13.6mDraft1.6m
- MS Holland America Line - WesterdamRecently updated with new bar, entertainment and dining venues, plus completely reimagined suites, Westerdam is a fascinating destination… Read moreGuests1916Length936ftWidth105.8ft
- Travvy Awards SILVER Best Escorted Tour Operator – Luxury2017
- Recommend Readers’ Choice Awards Silver Best Tour Operator - Luxury2017
- Recommend Readers’ Choice Awards Silver Best Tour Operator – Europe2017
- Wave Awards Best Tour Operator for Foodies2017
- AAA Best in Member Service Award2017
- Travel Weekly Globe Award for 'Best Premium Touring Service'2017
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Insight Vacations Photos
The Insight Difference
Deliciously Authentic Dining
Travel in Style
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the pre-registration form required for?
Insight has a pre-travel registration check-in program which provides your Travel Director with advanced security information which may be required by hotels and border crossings as well as giving them important insights into your interests and preferences. As the information is provided by you before you travel this gives your Travel Director plenty of time to better prepare for your individual needs in order for them to make your holiday experience even more enjoyable.
Do you have a past passenger discount program?
Insight does have a past passenger program and every guest is automatically enrolled in after they complete their first trip with Insight Vacations (or one of their sister brands). Please let our team of Travel Experts know at the time of booking if you are a past passenger to see if you are eligible for any additional discounts.
Do you have a non-smoking policy on your tours?
There is a no smoking policy when you are travelling on the Insight coach. However, your Travel Director will ensure you have plenty of convenience stops giving you the opportunity to smoke, use local restroom facilities, take a scenic snapshot or just relax and enjoy of cup of coffee.
What is an optional activity?
Optional activities are not automatically included in the tour cost but are offered at the start of your tour and designed to enhance your travel experience in the places you visit if you wish to undertake them. Your Travel Director will have a list of available options and the costs of the activities which they will pass onto you on day 1 of the tour. An example of an optional activity is it could be a seafood lunch in Venice, an opera in Vienna or a Grand Canyon Helicopter ride. For more details please have a look at your detailed travel documents which you will receive before departing on the tour.
What are some of the advantages for having fewer seats on your coaches?
When travelling with Insight, it's not just extra legroom that can look forward to but there is also extra large windows. Plus, you can recline without worrying about bothering the passenger behind you and have more room for personal belongings. As the coaches hold fewer people it also means embarking and disembarking the coach takes less time so you have more time to explore the beautiful cities you are visiting.
Are the coaches modern and comfortable?
The luxury coaches have incredible space and comfort for you to enjoy when travelling. The coaches have been specially reconfigured with fewer seats, you will get to relax in style whilst enjoying up to twice as much legroom than on a standard travelling coach.
Is travelling by coach relaxing?
Insight will do their best to make sure you are as comfortable as possible whilst travelling by coach on the tour. They ensure comfort levels by including plenty of rest stops during each coach journey and on each coach, you will find an on-board washroom for all coaches travelling long distances (expect in Morocco). Your Travel Director will also introduce a seat rotation plan each day which guarantees everyone gets to enjoy the magnificent views whilst travelling head and shoulders above the other traffic.
What is an Insight Travel Director?
Insight Travel Directors are amongst the finest tour guides in the touring business and on your tour they will help navigate you through the beauty of the region you are travelling through by exploring the different cultures, languages and diversities.
Why should I book onto an Insight Vacations tour?
Insight is completely unique as they are currently one of the only tour operators to give you more legroom on every tour at no extra cost, you will consistently stay in quality hotels in desirable locations, you will enjoy more included sightseeing and because you travel in smaller groups you will receive more of a personal service from your experienced Travel Director and Travel Driver.
What is the best way to exchange my cash for Euros?
The best exchange rate is always generally with your credit card or debit card but almost all cards are now charging on average a 3% foreign transaction fee. Many places do not accept AMEX as their bank charge is higher than Visa or MasterCard. Another option is simply going to a currency exchange store before you depart to get some Euros converted from your usual currency to cash.