“I had an absolutely awesome time on the tour. Both Andrea and Omar were very knowledgeable, accommodating and caring tour guides. We had a great time in each city and there was always an option to do a walking tour with our guides or do your own thing. The...“
Indigo Travel Guides
Welcome! At Indigo Travel We offer a great variety of guided weekend tours around the UK and Europe. Our mission is to provide excellent guided trips of the best highlights of your destinations. From cathedrals to castles, Indigo makes sure your weekend out is one t...
Welcome! At Indigo Travel We offer a great variety of guided weekend tours around the UK and Europe. Our mission is to provide excellent guided trips of the best highlights of your destinations. From cathedrals to castles, Indigo makes sure your weekend out is one to remember. Our tours include excellent multi-lingual, experienced tour guides and the best local accommodation there to offer, you can rest assured you are in great hands with Indigo.Read more
33 Indigo Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JCJessieEuropean Magic - from London5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 6, 2018What a great way to travel Europe. I had a blast and our guides were very knowledgeable and just goof people :) Would recommend this trip to everyone!!!!
- ECElizabethAmsterdam and Bruges - from London4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 2, 2017Omar did a great job! Such a helpful and friendly guide!Indigo Travel commented on this reviewThank you Elizabeth! We hope you had a pleasant journey back to Costa Rica after the tour and it was a pleasure having you on board!
- KCKatherineAmsterdam and Bruges - from London3.0 - AverageWritten on November 1, 2017Amsterdam and Brugge were amazing but the tour itself was not ideal. Before arriving to the trip, we were confused as to how we were getting there as the inform…Read moreIndigo Travel commented on this reviewDear Katherine, Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry it was not made clearer that the tour to Amsterdam involved an overnight coach journey. Just to clarify, we have not stated anywhere that we include the Eurostar as a mode of transport and only Coach and Eurotunnel/Ferry is included as stated on the tour description. We understand that travelling overnight is uncomfortable but necessary to maximise the time spent in Amsterdam over a weekend while keeping the price as affordable as possible. This is why we always ensure that we use the most comfortable coaches we can find - on this trip it was less than 1 year old with leather reclining seats and great leg room. Also, thank you for the feedback about the guides, we shall pass it on!
- RSRachelAmsterdam and Bruges - from London2.5 - AverageWritten on October 31, 2017The trip was not well organised and not enough information was ever given which left everyone confused. The first night you have to sleep on a bus to Amsterdam.…Read moreIndigo Travel commented on this reviewDear Rachel, We're sorry that the tour to Amsterdam left this impression on you, however we feel it is important to clarify some of the points you mentioned. We provide on all our tours a 4-sided A4 pamphlet with: a timed itinerary for all three days, whats included, hotel information, guide telephone number and map of both Amsterdam and Bruges plus a few suggestions on where to go. The guide went through the itinerary each day and asked if someone didn't understand to please contact him. The tour is described as a Friday evening departure with an arrival to Amsterdam early Saturday morning and one night accommodation at a hotel, Eurotunnel or Ferry crossing and returning on Sunday evening - there is clearly an overnight travel to Amsterdam by coach. We don't have plugs or WiFi service on our coaches, it is never stated on our tour description. There are many other tours on TourRadar that do state such services and its normally reflected on their prices that usually, double ours. It is worth mentioning that the coach we travelled on was less than 1 year old with leather reclining seats and better than average leg-room. The heating was adjusted as requested by you by text message to the tour guide. If further adjustment needed to be done, it could have been easily resolved by communicating to the guide again. We only recieved two requests about the temperature - one which was yours and we adjusted it each time and didn't hear any further requests. Unfortunately during a tour people sometimes get lost and therefore arrive late. We have taken into account when organising our itineraries: lateness, traffic, weather conditions, etc. Therefore any lateness of less than 30 minutes does not affect our itinerary and, during this trip in particular, it never got to be that long. In Bruges, we try hard to avoid leaving people as it's the last leg of our tour and we have their luggage and possibly their passport on the coach. I am sorry you feel it was needed to leave people stranded in Bruges instead of waiting a further 25 minutes. The optional tour paid by you as per our records was of €25 which it does not translate to £30. There is no obligation in joining our optional tours and most tour companies offer Zaanse Schans as an optional for more than what you paid. The coach arrived in Bruges at 15:15hrs and departed at 18:25hrs which gave us a 3 hours stay in Bruges with 1hr and 50 minutes free time (not counting walking tour and waiting 25 minutes). Therefore your statement of 2 hours is not accurately portrayed. We would like to point out that we are a small local, family-owned tour company and not a large corporation. We provide tours at budget prices making it affordable for people to travel abroad over a weekend whilst providing the best quality coach, accommodation and guide possible. These larger tour operators may offer the services you expect but for approximately £300 - not the £156 you paid. We are genuinely sorry that you felt the tour to be of bad value, but would have appreciated an email giving this feedback rather than a negative review. Especially because it gives inaccurate facts about our tour and an expectation us to leave people stranded in a foreign country if they cause a small delay. Kindest Regards, Indigo Team
- CSCharlotteAmsterdam and Bruges - from Bournemouth5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 30, 2017Took the tour of Amsterdam and Brugge. Wonderful tour, planned to get maximum exposure to as much of these wonderful places as possible (suggest getting as much…Read moreIndigo Travel commented on this reviewWow thanks so much Charlotte, so happy you had a great time and we really appreciate this review!!! All the best :) :) x
Indigo Travel Tours
About Indigo Travel
Indigo Travel videos
Indigo Travel Guides
- "Hey guys! Im from South Africa Cape Town and but now Im living in good Old London town! Travelling is…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I am traveling from abroad and need a transfer to my hotel from the airport, could you organise it for me?
Yes, we can organise airport transfers. Transfer costs are per taxi and depends on number of people. Please contact us to ask for a quote on airport transfers. We can organise transfer from all London airports to hotels in London area.
I'm traveling by myself, what should I expect?
Many of our customers are solo-travelers and we always do our best to make sure they feel included on our tours. We would never ask a solo-traveler to share a room with a member of the opposite gender and we would ideally share your accommodation with another solo-traveler of the same-sex.
A lot of our customers have made life-long friends on our trip, we have even had two marriages as a result of people meeting on our tours!
How many people share a room?
Most of our prices are based on triple rooms with ensuite toilets though some of our hotels are twin sharing. Once you have booked tour your, you will be able to see the hotle details, addresses and room type. Edinburgh tours are based on multibed sharing of 4-6 people per room with ensuite toilets. Upgrades to twin/double or sigle are available upon request or during reservation.
Sometimes, we can even upgrade you during the tour but this will be subject to the availability the accommodation has at the time.
Are flights included in your tour price?
No. Flights are not included in our tour prices - this includes all our European, Turkey, Morocco and Spain tours.
Please check with Skyscanner or Kayak for flight details.
Can you help me with a Schengen Visa?
To find out if you need a Schengen Visa, try using our free online Schengen Visa checker
We offer a great service to help people get a Schengen Visa who travel on our tours. Contact us now to find out more information
What if I buy a tour and my visa is declined?
You will have to notify Indigo Travel as soon as you are aware of your visa being declined. You will have to send a scanned version of your refusal letter. In most cases and with enough anticipation, we will be able to give you most of your money back.
Please check our T&C's for refunds and changing your tour dates.
Do I need a travel Insurance to travel with Indigo?
Yes, you will need a travel insurance to be able to travel with us. Please check this page: www.tourradar.com/travel-insurance for a free quote operated by World Nomads.
What is not included in the tour price?
Optional tours offered by Indigo Travel, some meals (please check the itinerary and "Whats Included" for specifications), personal comprehensive travel insurance, and items of personal use.
Should I change my money before or during the tour?
We always recommend that you change your money in the UK or before traveling to the currency of the countries you are visiting. Generally in Europe you will need Euros (€) and if you are visiting Switzerland you will need Swiss Francs. In Morocco you will need Moroccan Dirhams (only available in Morocco) and in Istanbul they generally accept Euros or Turkish Lira.
We don't recommend carrying a lot of cash on your person while on tour. Many shops will accept Visa/Mastercard payments and you can keep your valuables on the coach in case they get lost!
Can I cancel/change my booking?
If you need to cancel/change your tour, please consult our terms and conditions for more information.
Generally we do not accept last minute changes or cancellations, but it's still worth getting in touch with us and if we have a waiting list we may be able to do something.