based on 774 reviews
R

RebeccaCallan

Really good tour with a great itinerary. Amazing local food, wish there was more of this on offer towards the end of the tour, as it is cheaper and nicer! Local guide was extremely knowledgeable and an asset to the tour.

12 hours ago
OC

Olivia Cottrell

Overall the trip was amazing. The accommodation is excellent and it’s such a nice extra having a local guide. Rihas was always super helpful and is full of knowledge. There were a lot of buffets and towards the end of the trip the large majority of restaurants were western food. It would be nice to have more options and recommendations of local restaurants as the food is delicious. We all loved the ethical and eco focus on the tour. Having water with us the whole time was great. I think everyone would have liked an extra day in Mirissa as we were only there for a short time and everyone loved it. Would definitely use One Life again!

13 hours ago

Patrick

The tour was amazing! We've done so many things and learnt so much. I liked the eco approach (use as less plastic as possible), hikes and the cycle tour through the paddy fields. Thank you Rich and Rihas for all your time and for all the knowledge you shared with us! ❤️

14 hours ago

H

Overall the tour itself was great - lots of adventure, activities, sites and good food! However I have a couple of comments I want to make to try and improve the tour. The itinerary was really good, we were able to see and do lots in Sri Lanka, which is why i picked this particular tour! It was very fast paced and minimal down time, which for me a few more afternoons and dinner free would of been good, to help recharge the batteries. I think the most common reason for this is every dinner we had for the 12 nights was pre-booked by the tour guide and it was made out to be that we needed to attend these instead of doing our own thing. The restaurants picked were also quite pricey compared to others in the area. I would recommend either adding to the itinerary that dinners will be book at an extra cost to travellers, or not booking in for the entire group and allowing people to do their own thing if they wish. However this is a small issue and didn't impact the experience too much. The most negative thing I have to say about the tour was our guide - Mike. I understand he is new to the job? and he was lacking experience, however he was the biggest disappointment on the tour. He was rude to travellers, local guides and locals. He would make inappropriate comments to the group about not helping them, not giving clear instructions on what the daily plan was, inadequate descriptions of hikes and appropriate clothing/what to bring (closed toe shows, temple wear etc), didn't know where we were staying, how long the bus rides were, details in places to eat or drink, not knowing any details about Sri Lanka itself and most importantly he enjoyed the tour more like a passenger than a guide. I know this is a lot a negativity, however he really did hinder the trip. From my understanding he isn't doing any further tours? He was making comments towards the end of the tour about not caring about One Life, or the tour. So if it is true and he is not working for the company again, I am glad. I think more detailed training is needed for the guides to ensure the travellers on tour are getting the best experience possible. Overall the tour was great, and I would recommend to others, as long as Mike wasn't the tour guide!

1 day ago

HannahShields

Firstly - RAVI our local guide was the most caring, passionate and amazing support person to help and have around. He treated us like his children and always made sure we were looked after well. Ive never met a man so passionate about his country and wanting to ensure his clients love it just as much as he does. Great knowledge of EVERYTHING, loved seeing a local cultural perspective from his point and seeing how loved he was by EVERYONE!!! Michael was the complete opposite. I understand that he was new to the job but he had zero motivation and i found him very cold and unwilling to help. If you asked him a question and he didn't know the answer instead of finding out he would make something up or say "I dunno" very rudely and bluntly. He also was very innaproriate in some of the things he said. for example on the whale watching boat ride he stated "your all on your own here, every man for himself, I'm not helping you sorry" and when it was extremely hot in a restaurant so we had requested to move he stated "your all just a big bunch of babies". On walking tours where we all had gone as a group. In 2 instances he went forward with a few and left some of us behind. It was in areas we had no idea how to return from and also quite dangerous terrain. I found this very dangerous and disconcerting. The food options was disappointing as many night we were taken for group dinners to expensive restaurants and not given the option of anything else. Apart from these things stated above, the country is absolutely breathtaking, accomodation was amazing, i loved everywhere we stayed, food when we were taken to local places was so amazing - the hut near sigirya where we had the home cooked meal one dinner and then lunch the next day hands down the best meals! Absolutely loved this tour!! With a different tour guide, someone passionate about their job and giving their clients a good experience this tour would have gotten 100%.

1 day ago
K

KerrieCrisp

Excellent tour of Sri Lanka with one life adventures. A packed itinerary allowed me to see all the highlights the country has to offer. Our local guide Ravi was excellent, really passionate and enthusiastic about his country! Accommodation exceeded my expectations, with all hotels being comfortable and clean and only a few hostel stays. I really liked that we got to see some of the projects that one life has helped in Sri Lanka e.g school visit, cooking class. Michael our tour guide was only on his second tour of Sri Lanka, so he did a good job of helping us along the way as sure as he does more tours his knowledge will expand. As much as I enjoyed the packed itinerary, it would have been nice to have a bit more free time (less time restrictions) as I didn’t feel I got to spend enough time in places like Kandy and Galle and I would have liked to explore more and buy souvenirs. Similarly, there wasn’t any alternative options offered for dinners as sometimes the restaurants picked could be expensive and not necessarily cuisine that I wanted so more choice/options to go in smaller group or solo would have been nice occasionally. Unfortunately, out with our tour guides control, we were unable to take the train ride from Kandy to Ella due the presidential strikes, something that was included in our trip that I was disappointed to have missed out on. Overall I would definitely recommend one life adventures to friends and family and I certainly would not hesitate to book another one life tour. Thank you for an amazing experience in Sri Lanka!

3 days ago

Heide Schu

I had an incredible time in Sri Lanka. Thanks to Brooke, who has made the trip, through her lovely and witty nature, unforgettable. Also a big Thanks to Riaz, who brought a very big expertise.This trip is a great way to explore the country with other travellers from all over the world (or just GB and GE haha). Would love to do another trip with OneLife someday!!

5 days ago

Hannah Sargeant

Tour was amazing, Sri Lanka is a beautiful country and we were able to see much of it in a short time. Local guide Ravi added so much to the trip with his knowledge and personal stories. I struggled personally with the lack of free time and choice in my own holiday. Dinners that weren't included were often booked for us without consultation and were quite expensive. They also lacked options for me as a vegan. If the dinners are all booked for us why don't we just include them all in the tour price. I also struggled with Mike our tour guide who was defensive and unhelpful from day one. I understand it was his first tour and there is a learning curve but he did not have answers to most questions about the tour and was often unwilling to find out. Often the group resorted to google. He also was on occasion downright rude saying things like "it's every man for himself if you get sick on the boat" "suck shit if anything happens on the last night because I'm getting drunk" and "you're a big bunch of babies if you ask me" All of this made our experience with one life very uncomfortable and really put a damper on sime days

5 days ago
J

JoshStevens

The tour was great, so much was included and it was just such an incredible place to travel! I will be highly recommending friends and family to come to Sri Lanka and to use OneLife as there guide.

6 days ago
E

Emelise

Overall great tour! I would have loved a stop to the markets included in the itinerary, we had an option to go by ourselves but were left a bit clueless when we were by ourselves. The guide was great, the itinerary was pretty good, value for money was well spent, experience and getting a real taste of the country was 10/10 thanks to the tour. I would recommend to friends and family most definitely! (Although we did not go on the train ride and would like to know where our money went instead, even an explanation...not a big deal though). Would come again!

Operator's comment: Hey Emelise! Thank you for joining us in Sri Lanka. It was a real shame the trains were on strike during your tour. The train ride is actually the cheapest activity we do so doesn't really use much of the tour money at all, most likely Rich will have used it elsewhere on the tour such as buying extra water. Thank you for your review!

7 days ago