Overall
Value for money

Ashleigh

Amazing! this trip is incredible, the things we did in 12 days through Turkey was incredible (Cappadocia, Gallipoli, Ephesus, Fethiye and many more). Our tour guide Ali was amazing, so knowledgeable! The trip, in my opinion, was excellent value for money. I fell in love with Turkey on this trip! 10/10 recommend if you like a mix of history and socialising!

25th September 2018
A

Alice

29 June 2016 - all excited, packed and ready to leave the next day for turkey. I was well aware of the bombing at the airport a few days before, and I had no issue or qualms about going under the circumstances. every country has issues. as someone in the travel business said, if there is a shooting in the middle of cape town they do not shut down the hole city - life must go on. when I got a phone call to say that the tour had been cancelled, I was completely shocked- 2 DAYS BEFORE THE ACTUAL TOUR STARTS! I have not received any contact from a topdeck representative, email, smoke signal or any form of communication from them. not even an apology. I was forced to change my flight ticket in less than 10 hours notice or loose the entire flight cost. hence having to pay in an extra R3500 out of my own pocket, (over and above the initial R9500) for the inconvenience that has been caused. now stuck with out a flight I had to arrange two other flights to return home (R4000). I have been informed that no other tour companies have canceled their tour and all is carrying on as per usual. when querying the refund I was told I would receive my full package price - great. I am still waiting for it. yet in the T&C, clause 10: if a tour is cancelled by the tour operator less than 6 days before departure a extra R1200 will be given in compensation for any added costs for incovenience. I was told I will not be receiving it. have I been inconvenienced at all by this decision which topdeck made? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they will never know the level of inconvenience and frustration. I am not in the least happy with any of the service I have receive as there has been absolutely NO service at all. this has been just a pointless waste of time, effort and my hard earned money. this tour which I did not even go on has cost me a total of over R17000. this figure does not even include the cost of the actual tour. and yet my money is sitting in topdecks bank account earning interest.

Value for money