Overall
KE

Kaela Earl

Overall this tour is good and I would recommend it if the itinerary matches what you are looking to do. I had fun and really enjoyed a lot of the optional activities. When I rated each category I did it in comparison to other tours I have done (i.e. although the hostel accommodation isn’t glamorous, it is on par with other similar tours). The main difference I noticed when compared to other tours I have done was that my guide (although she was so nice!) wasn't quite as engaging with the group. She didn't get on the bus in the mornings and ask us how our last day was, how we liked the last spot and, tell us what was ahead for the coming day, etc. and in general didn't spend as much time with the group as on other tours I've been on. This isn't necessarily a bad thing depending on your preferences. The other thing I noticed was that the website boasted ‘delicious food’, which I felt was a bit misleading. A few of the meals provided were good, but a lot of the provided meals were breakfasts which were all the standard toast and cereal. Pretty typical for when traveling, but I think I just had a higher expectation in this case based on the website description.

Operator's comment: Thanks for your review and your feedback Kaela! We value all feedback and will look to improve in certain areas based on your comments. We're stoked you had a great time on your 'Vibe of the North' tour :)

1 day ago
K

Kareninwood

Absolutely loved the tour Chris and Kristy were such a great team and the whole vibe of the tour was really positive. As someone who struggles in new situations I felt included and had the time of my life. I have made some awesome friends that I have no doubt will last for a lifetime

Operator's comment: Karina thank you for being such a superstar with us on tour! We're stoked you had a great time and made a bunch of new mates!

5 days ago

Christie Bartlett

The tour is what you make it, I took advantage of some of the extra activities which cost more but were absolutely worth every penny. Despite a few days of rain it was a great time.

Operator's comment: Thanks for your awesome review and for being such a legend on tour Christie! We're so glad you enjoyed your 'Vibe of the North' tour as much as we did!

6 days ago
CS

Charlie Shea

This was my first tour and I had an amazing time, met so many amazing people and the guides do a wonderful job of making the tour feel personal and welcoming.

Operator's comment: Thanks for being such a legend as our only male passenger on tour Chaz! You were an absolute pleasure to have with us and we're stoked you had such an awesome time! See you again soon!

7 days ago
M

MeganReeves

I am a first time traveller and the thought of travelling to the other side of the world is daunting. However, this is perfect for a first timer. I’ve met incredible people, friends for life! So many laughs and memories to take home and friends to keep for life.

Operator's comment: Megan thanks for being such a gem on this 'Vibe of the North' tour with us! It was our pleasure showing you our little slice of paradise and we're so glad you had a great time :)

10th November 2019
EC

Emily Caelli

When I began travelling the world solo I didn’t realise how much stress and pressure comes with travelling alone. You have to plan everything nearly everyday, it becomes really expensive and really stressful. I found I never really had time to enjoy where I was and it was lonely. I decided to try out kiwi vibes and it is the best decision I have ever made. Everything is so well organised and thought through. All you have to do is sit back with your new friends and enjoy the most beautiful and magical experiences. Honestly I have never had so much fun in my life. It has also saved me so much money travelling this way. You can spend as much or as little as you want and still have a sick time. Plus our tour guides, Kristy and Chris are absolute legends. Kiwi vibes has created the ultimate NZ holiday and I will honestly remember this for my entire life! Couldn't recommend more!

Operator's comment: Emily you absolute bloody superstar! Thank you so much for your amazing review and for being such a legend on tour with us! We're so pumped that you enjoyed your tour as much as we did and we'll see you back for another one soon ;)

10th November 2019
KS

Kiera Stanley

Great tour and itinerary! If you are a newbie to travelling you could definitely tick off most activities from your bucket list on this tour and make great friends from all over the world whilst doing it! The guides really knew their stuff about New Zealand. They were also friendly, witty, entertaining and extremely accommodating. Even for those who have special dietary requirements. The transport and accomodation were both comfortable. This trip has the perfect balance of planned activities and downtime to do what you want to do. I had such a lovely time thank youuuuu, thank you!

Operator's comment: Thanks for your awesome review Kiera! We're so pumped you had such a great time on your Kiwi Vibes tour! :)

18th April 2019
O

OliviaBaus

I truly can't imagine having a better experience exploring NZ with anyone else! Kiwi Vibes delivered the renowned sites, the hidden gems only locals know of, the freedom to explore on your own, and the best part: the most lively, yet down-to-earth energy throughout the whole trip. If you're looking for one of those vacations you wish would never end- these are your guys.

Operator's comment: Olivia! You are a true legend :) thank you so much for your EPIC review! We're so pumped you enjoyed your Kiwi Vibes tour so much!

16th April 2019

Alexa Go

Came here solo because everyone said NZ is amazing and the reviews here are what swayed me to choose Kiwi Vibes in particular. Ben and Chris did a great job so that it just felt like a road trip with a bunch of friends. Budget accordingly because you will probably want to do everything. This is truly a backpackers’ tour, so pack light, keep a good attitude, and you’ll have the time of your life (I certainly did). Sweet as

Operator's comment: Haha thanks for your sweet as review Alexa! We're so glad you had a great tour with us - don't go jumping in too many fountains back home!

14th April 2019
JR

Janina Ruff

The tour was just amazing! Ben and Chris did a fantastic job as our guides. We all had a lot of fun exploring New Zealand with them. I highly recommend this tour to everybody who wants to have a great time in New Zealand with nice people, adventures, fun and party - I definitly would do another tour with KiwiVibes.

Operator's comment: Janina you superstar! Thank you for being so awesome on tour - we're so glad you had such a good time!

14th April 2019