based on 1677 reviews
J

JamieSaunders

Amy review Lee was amazing before, during and after my travel. He absolutely made it for me. He was helpful when I needed it and informative and engaging during the activities. He made the adventure fun and bright. I was amazed at the amount we did during the ten days and how organized that the events were. Saying that they were flexible to suit the needs of the group. There were some things that I did not want to do and Lee always found me an alternative such as a massage/spa. He would always keep me informed the day before on what we needed for the next trip, so I always felt prepared and in safe hands. I really enjoyed the beautiful and scenic views such as the waterfalls and volcanoes. Stunning and awesome! I felt serene and grateful to be taken there. In contrast, I loved the optional group nights out and that they were non pressured and eventful. I loved the cooking class, it was so much more than this! I got an insight into the local markets, nice personalized family homes. We were told first hand about the cultural rituals and religious beliefs of Bali and how they informed their day to day living, is was a special experience that I found engaging and fun. I loved seeing the monkeys and other wildlife. It all feels like that there was too much to mention! I cannot stress enough the importance of Lee making this experience outstanding, he went above and beyond time and time again, but at the same time being super engaging, professional, informative and caring. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lee! Jamie review. One of the best experiences of my life! Lee was amazing the whole way through and even after the tour ended he organized my onwards travel which made it hassle free for me, I could not have asked for a better tour guide! He would go out of his way for everyone and get involved with us all. The out itself was awesome. The waterfalls were amazing and the picturesque rice terraces were very cool! The view of the volcanoes with the lunch was the best view that I’ve ever had whilst eating! Which was also a buffet. My favorite part of the tour was definitely the surfing and snorkeling/boat trip, which Lee got involved in which was cool! Whist snorkeling we also had a local Indonesian guide which made us feel very safe and comfortable, we got to see lots of tropical fish which made me feel like I was in finding Nemo, and we also saw a lot of turtles! I also took part in the optional volcanoe hike activity which Lee organized and I would highly recommend it! Overall the tour was amazing and I met some awesome people! I would love to have a catchup with Lee and have a few more beers with him! Also a bit shout out to Amer who was amazing!

2 days ago
A

AndrewBettney

Great trip, Lee sorts everything out including things no on tour such as places to eat and drink. Lee got involved with the group and feels more like another member than a leader. He was always happy to change things up such as places to eat and drink, depending on how the group feel, which is super flexible. He would always share loads of knowledge on the local area, but he has also well travelled so that he can give you recommendations on other places to visit in the world. Lee always has a high amount of energy and was always on time which was really good, it picks you and the whole group up, if you're a bit tired from the night before. Lee was always taking photos, and he would always put them on photo circle, and add all of the group on to it so that everyone is putting their photos on there, which was super good so that you can grab other peoples photos from the trip.

A

AnnaDiafa

I had a fantastic experience in this tour. My group and especially my tour leaders made this trip extra special. Both Lee and Amer are amazing, they are smart, funny, entertaining, super friendly, informative and very knowledgeable. I wish that they could be my leaders for every TruTravels tour, and I wish they were my leaders on my previous trip to Thailand as well. The itinerary and activities, optional and normal were all very cool and joyful. The guys helped me with everything I needed, from restaurant suggestions to optional activities - on the last day they arranged Scuba Diving for me which was such an amazing experience. They were also next to me, supporting me when I got my stomach bug. I would strongly recommend this tour, or any tour that Lee and Amer are leading!

R

RomanaPlesser

Overall it was the best ten days of my life! What I liked the most was the mixture of group planned time and the possibility to have free time. Lee was the perfect leader as he was very supportive as much as be and did not force me to do anything I did not want to do. I really enjoyed the temples, the snorkeling and the rice terraces the most on our trip. furthermore, the restaurants that Lee recommended were amazing. As i have a day more than the tour Lee was very helpful in planning and organizing the further steps, which was great to have. The hotels were different and each has their plus points ie Ubud had the best pool. I was scratched by a monkey in monkey forest and Lee was my personal "hero" as he was calm and supportive when I was stressed by this situation.

M

MeganTolan

I have loved my experience with TruTravels! Last year I done another tour different company and I prefer my experience here with TruTravels. I loved that you get free time during parts of the day to chill around the pool/beach. Lee also informed/organised us with optional activities that we could do during this time such as spa, cultural shows etc. my favourite part was the cooking class, from visiting the local markets beforehand and then going to the cooking class was a nice addition. I have learned a lot about Bali's culture and history thanks to Lee. Lee has been a fantastic tour guide - so helpful, easy going and professional. I would definitely book another trip with TruTravels. Thank you Lee for this amazing experience in Bali!

D

DilaraYildiz

Overall it was a really nice and fun experience that I won't absolutely forget. Especially the tour leader Lee is such a warm and kind person who was always trying to do his best. He is so devoted to his job so you could not complain about anything. The destinations we got to were all really well chosen and all of the days were very well planned. Additionally, we had a lot of free time to do our own thing, so it was a really good mixture of must do things and free time. I am very happy to have joined TruTravel family and therefor another adventure with TruTravels will be quite soon! Thank you for these lovely 10 days!

NH

Nicki Hull

Lee is a fantastic tour leader. He was friendly, organised and approachable. continuously went above and beyond for his guests. Lee became more of a friend than a leader, and I would strongly recommend him as a guide! He has a very sweet and friendly personality and he never forced anyone to drink or join in with anything that they didn't want to. The itinerary was great! a perfect amount of activity balanced with free time. (Lee also continuously offered to book anything anyone wanted to do during this free time.) I can't say that there wasn't anything I didn't enjoy from surfing to the rice terraces and cooking class to the volcano trek! Transport around the islands was easy and well organised. The accommodation was way better than I ever expected having been on previous tours with other companies. Never perfect in a developing country - but decent enough that each hotel had a nice pool and friendly staff. I always felt safe and well looked after! I would definitely recommend this tour and Lee to everyone!

M

MoniqueTingChong

Canggu - I had a lovely time during our stay in Canggu. Temple Runs and walks to viewpoints were great. I enjoyed that we ate dinner as a group on each night at recommended places. Party night was also fun, as we celebrated my friend's birthday. Surfing lesson was challenging for me as I have no balance, lol, but I'm glad I tried it out. Ubud - I had a superb time visiting the waterfall, eating local food, which was very delicious, and shopping at the local markets. Did tons of walking around, too. The cooking class was also really enjoyable Dash it was nice splitting up into stations and getting to make and participate in each dish our host and his home was lovely. Monkey Forest visit was a bit short - a bit disappointing that some sections were closed because of ongoing monkey vaccinations. The highlight was definitely getting that special monkey selfie!

T

TiffanyWeelson

What an adventure! I thoroughly enjoyed the itinerary and felt it was a good mix of cultural activities, beach/Island activities and adventure/outdoor activities. I don't think we could have fit in as many things if we were to have traveled on our own. Our tour leader was beyond fantastic. We went on holiday to celebrate a friend's milestone birthday and Fretchie went out of her way to make her feel incredibly special, even organizing a vegan cake plus flowers! Her energy and vibe were always upbeat. Fretchie's recommendations and suggestions were always on point and she was flexible to go with the flow such as when transport was late, etc. The service providers in Bali also made the experience memorable that everyone is so friendly and hilarious. Overall, I had a great time and would gladly do another true travels experience!

L

LukeGriffin

The 10 days has been amazing! Fretchie and Elias are amazing and I can only wish I can get them again on the tour! For me, the surfing day was the best! It was more than what I expected and the company really helped us learn. There is nothing in my opinion that can be faulted with regards to this trip. Just a little more time to chill out by the pool maybe, lol. All the activities have been great, fun and amazing! Fretchie and Elias have given really helpful advices in every aspect of the tour!