based on 263 reviews
EW

Emily Wayne

I’m late to leaving this review because I’ve been daydreaming ever since I got back from the Northern Thailand tour! I’ve traveled a great deal internationally but have never traveled solo or with an organized tour. Both of which I would HIGHLY recommend Trutravels for. I hesitated that a formal tour might not be packed with enough activities/adventures for my taste, WRONG! This tour was full of adventures that covered the touristy “must see” items but also got us off the beaten path to experience things I would have missed out on if not for TT local relationships. The jungle trek and Elephant sanctuary were amazing and my favorite parts of the tour. Both excursions were private with our tour only which added to the experience! Another crucial piece to my awesome experience was our guide, Ben! She exceeded my expectations, hands down an 11/10! Her warm, fun and accommodating personality made everyone feel comfortable and created an enjoyable environment wherever we went. She always had a pulse on the mood of the group and offered us a TON of alternative activities during our down time. I never felt like there wasn’t something cool to explore because she was always helpful with providing ideas. After taking this tour it became really apparent to me that although the itinerary is important and should suit your taste, THE GUIDE REALLY MAKES YOUR EXPERIENCE! I think Trutravels understands this important piece because most of the guides we met had similar demeanors and are all around great people. I left this tour with amazing new friends, new experiences and a new outlook on group tours :) I’ve already recommended this tour in particular and will definitely be using TT in the future!

4th December 2018
SP

Sarah Pullen

I have had an amazing experience on the northern Thailand tour. The itinerary was packed full of enjoyable activities, my mavorites being the elephant sanctuary and the Erawan waterfalls. Our tour guide, Papsi was really good at organizing the tour and brought so much fun the entire 2 weeks in Thailand. I've had ah unforgettable experience, Thank you Papsi and Trutravels.

30th November 2018

Franziska Enzian

Very nice experience! Maya gave us much information about Thailand and the culture. Good mix of fun, action and sightseeing! :)

Sascha Lösch

Maya did her best that everyone felt comfortable. She always had an eye on the needs of every person of the tour. She gave us a lot of background information about the country, people and Buddhism. We really enjoyed our trip with Maya.

Thom de Bruijn

Maya was an awesome tour guide, who didn't just the planned itenary but also provided the group with options for fun day/night activities as well as good restaurant choices. It surely was a great start to explore Thailand with her and the group, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again! X Thom

E

ErinDaly

The northern tour was amazing. Minnie was such a positive person and so uplifting. She was a pleasure to be around, Flying out to Thailand was very scary as i have nwver been this far away from home before especially by myself but Minnie picked me up from the airport and made me feel so welcome. I felt like she wasn't my tour guide but more like a big sister that looked out for me. She pushed me to try everything and steo out of my comfort zone. I CANNOT THANK HER ENOUGH. The best part of the tour was the life long friendships i have made over the course of 14days. I was very nervous but oh my god. I am so grateful I made great friend so fast. Minnie was such an inspiration and i am so pleased to have her not as my tour guide but as my friend, The elephant sanctuary was something that i knew was going to be insane but it was so much more. This was the only thing i was looking forward to because it has been on my bucket list forever and i still cant get over how amazing it was. The jungle trek was so uplifting and such an eye opener to how some people live. The local people were amazing, so welcoming and friendly. The kiddies there were so cute and made the experience. Over all i cannot complain about 1 thing and everything was amazing. From activities to the nights out, playing cards/drinking games to the people on the tour, Minnie that always had a smile on her face, to experiencing the culture. Minnie answered any questions that we had. Everyone should take a leaf out of Minnies book and always be happy and smile. LOVE YOU MINNIE

R

RossJames

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING 14 DAYS!! A busy itinerary with fantastic trips, excursions and activities. Loved the jungle trekking and local homestay. The elephant sanctuary and the Kanchanburi day trip to the museum etc... A truly beautiful day at Erawan waterfall was a day to remember. Food and drink were amazing. Minnie took us to great places and tried great street food. All hotels and locations were great. A brilliant tour that went too fast. would definitely recommend to others. A massive thank you to Minnie who (once again) was an amazing tour guide. Now a wonderful and great friend. LOVE YOU Minnie

F

FabioReinisch

The tour program is amazing. The jungle trekking and the elephant home were probably my favourite but the whole trip was a great experience. Our guide minnie was amazing. She always helped on any on or off tour topics and never acted like a regular guide but more like a good friend. She was basically available 24/7 which gave a great feeling of taking care. I was also so lucky with the group, only 4 people but it was never boring, we had great great fun.

S

SimoneHorehager

As the tour came closer, I really had some doubts about the tour, the same group for 2 weeks, no chance to change the program if i want to be spontaneous........ However as soon as the tour started , my doubts disappeared. Although we were only a small group of 5 people including our guide minnie we have had a great time together. The whole tour program so nice. My personal highlights were at the village. If i travelled northern Thailand alone i never would have been able to experience these amazing things alone.

K

KathrinButterchardt

It was the best idea to book this trip, I met so many new people. You have the mixture of culture, action and partying. I would recommend everyone to book this trip its such a great experience.