based on 848 reviews
A

AlexStedman

I had an amazing time on the TruTravels island hopper experience. I the way in which we were able to see the whole of the south of Thailand in a reasonably short amount of time was so fun. Both Gun and Scottty have been absolutely incredible. Whenever we needed any help, advice or guidance Gun was there for me. When I had my phone stolen he got me a police report as quick as possible and for that I am extremely grateful. His k knowledge of the area is outstanding and he is the best leader I have had of any tour. Scotty as Gun's sidekick made for a great partner. He would too always be there in hard times and I am sure one day become an amazing leader too. Thank you tru travels and thank you Gun and Scotty.

11th August 2019

Noa

Tru travels was such a great trip for my first time in Thailand! Everything was organised for me and all the transport was brilliant which was amazing and something that I would never be able to organise on my own. Our tour guides Gun and Scotty were brilliant, making me feel safe when I was scared about boat trips and taking us on incredible nights out, making us laugh all day! It was brilliant that we had them to rely on but they also let us make our own plans and activities if we wished to do so. The 14 day island hopper tour was great because we got to see loads of Thailand in such a short space of time and enjoy plenty of activities which were extremely well organised! We did boat parties, beach resorts, boat trips, snorkelling, kayaking, bar crawls, viewpoints and cabaret shows! None of it would be as amazing without scotty and Gun who are leggeenndss and you would be very lucky to have them taking your tour!!!!

Alex B Whittington-Evans

Our trutravles experience came to light due to a friend and his social media. It was the right time at the right place, my partner and myself were looking for a trip to SE Asia, my friend who was on the same island hopping tour was sharing his experience with the world so we contacted him to asked him how his travels were going and how he booked it. He gave us all the information we needed and told us about one of the tour guides who he had on his trip, this turned out to be gun. Two days later we booked the 14 day Thailand island hopper tour. From the moment we stepped into the mango lagoon hotel Gun and Scotty have been help, polite and professional. They answered any questions and were always willing to cater for anyone's needs. Our experience with gun and scotty was second to none. I would highly recommend it. From activities to accommodations and nights out we felt we were lead to the best places possible. Trutravels have put together a great tour with lots of excitement and culture.

B

BenEbrahimi

gun: Gun is an incredible human being. Throughout the tour of Thailand he demonstrated the wisdom and knowledge of a superior being. He is pulchritudinous, caring and compassionate. His leadership skills are exceptional and he exhibited a highly advanced level of knowledge from Bangkok to all the islands that lay within the vicinity of the Surat Thani province especially with regards to food, cultural and leisure activities. I would like to further commend the outstanding attitude which he displayed throughout the duration of the tour. He always remained calm, cool and collected. Thank you for being my tour guide you are a legend and I wish you all the best with your future endeavours. Love from your best friend Ben ❤️ Scotty: I would primarily like to begin by affirming that scotty is probably the most genuine and down to earth human I have ever met on this planet. Scotty’s attitude was absolutely tremendous. He is funny, charismatic and would always bring a smile to my face (even just the sight of his face made me happy). Scotty too also exhibited excellent knowledge of Bangkok and the islands which lay within the Surat Thani province. I believe that he would be an excellent tour leader for Trutravels and I really do hope that Trutravels offer him the promotion which he fully deserves. I wish scotty all the success which will be coming his way and I wish him the best with his future endeavours. - To conclude I must also add that he is a pulchritudinous human being and Trutravels are exceptionally fortunate to have a man like Scotty working for them. Love you lots scotty. Ben ❤️

NatalieHorsfall

The experience in Thailand has been a great and informative one thanks to the guides. Both Gun and Scotty made the whole trip enjoyable, providing many extra activities and information about thailand itself giving an interesting insight into such a great culture. They took great care of us all throughout the trip providing many opportunities for learning and fun. Gun showed a great deal of knowledge of the islands and culture with detail and interest. Scotty has been a great help to all during the tour and definitively very good at ensuring everyone is having a great time. Overall the experience was a great one and has definitely given me a new found interest in the Thai culture which has allowed me to understand more and want to come back.

LH

Lee Hunter

For the first time in Thailand, tru travels was a fantastic option. Not only were the activities, transport and overall itinerary well organised, but most of all, Gun and Scotty are the biggest legends - always helpful, entertaining, fun and just brilliant people. I feel very lucky to have been able to do a tour such as this - they made the experience so special and unforgettable and it would not have been the same without them. Scotty has the most perfect characteristics for a fantastic tour guide, it didn’t even seem as if he was an intern due to his extensive knowledge and helpfulness I know he’s going to make an outstanding guide in the future. He deserves all the best of luck. And Gun should keep doing what he’s doing. His character and charm will continue to make so many travellers happy and I have no doubt that he will continue to change peoples lives. Both absolutely brilliant people. The overall experience was 10/10 and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an unforgettable time in Thailand.

Y

YasminAwan

I have had the most amazing time over the last two weeks on the Thailand island hopper tour (29th July 19) with Gun and Scotty. Starting in Bangkok, it was a great start to the tour with a group dinner and nights out in the capital, and some crazy experiences on Khaosan Road (have you ever tried scorpion on a stick?) We have the opportunity to go to the sky bar and have dinner in one of the tallest buildings in Bangkok, and to see a cabaret show, both of which were great fun. The over night train to our next destination was a bit of a new experience but our accommodation was amazing. Our stay at the floating bungalows in Khao Sok National Park was just stunning, a really beautiful place with the opportunity to kayak and swim around the banks. We even were lucky enough to spot some brown monkeys on one of the banks while we were kayaking! Our journey to Koh Phangan was eventful to say the least, people who get sea sick, make sure you take a sickness tablet! But the destination Bottle Beach was really special, as we stayed on beach huts right on the sea front. It wasn't ideal weather for us, but the location was still stunning and the fire show on the beach was awesome! Our second destination on Koh Phangan was the mad monkey hostel where we were met by the lovely hosts, Cerys and Johan. We had 2 nights here, and filled out time with swimming in the pool, going to beach bars in the evening and going on a boat trip in the day time. The boat trip was fantastic, we had the opportunity to go snorkeling and do water sports like going on a banana boat (just the best thing ever!) Koh Tao was a pretty crazy island! We went on the infamous pub crawl which included a ladyboy show ( a must when you're in Thailand) along with visiting the various bars which was a super fun night (picture evidence has been mysteriously misplaced..). The fire show at the lotus bar is also an incredible experience, and a great night. The journey to the Phi Phi islands was long, an overnight ferry, a 3 hour car ride and another ferry- but the island is so so worth it. If you have the opportunity to go scuba diving here, please do it- we managed to see a sea turtle and black tip sharks, along with some beautiful corals and marine life. Family dinners and nights out here were lovely and the pool party at the Ibiza hotel was so fun! We will end our tour in Phuket where we have the opportunity to visit the elephant sanctuary, I am so excited to do this, I absolutely cannot wait! Although sometimes the travelling has been pretty exhausting, particularly on the overnight train and overnight ferry, the destinations have been so worth it. All things considered, even though we experienced some bad weather and couldn't do some of the activities, Gun and Scotty always had a back up plan and ensured they made it up with another great activity. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to come out here, to the birthplace of Tru Travels. I have fallen in love with Thailand, the place, the people, the culture, and I have made some incredible memories. Thankyou so much ❤️

K

KevenShard

I did the 14 day island hopper with tru travels and it was absolutely amazing from start to finish!! Our tour guides were Gun and Scotty, they could not have been any more helpful. They they went out of they way to give you recommendations, advise and support just to make your trip more enjoyable. It was amazing how they were able to arrange and help book extra activities. They helped me book my first try dive in phi phi and it was incredible and gave me the experience of diving with a wild turtle and sharks!! Gun was incredible and stayed professional, yet fun the whole tour and kept everyone up to date with what was going on and was an overall legend!!! Scotty was great and so friendly, caring and would always offer to help in anyway that he can. At the time we went scotty was on an internship with tru travels and I believe that he would make an incredible tour guide with his own group/tour.

NatashaGraham

I couldn’t believe my luck with my tour guides!! Gun and Scotty are so much fun!!! Gun, his speaker and singing along to Valerie will be a memory I won’t forget and Scottys dancing!! Every place we went to Gun would let us know everything about the island and the facilities of the hotels we were staying in. The tour guides honestly made the trip for trutravels!! They were all fabulous. TruTravel tours are great value for money and I’d highly recommend going with TruTravels!!

Emma Ashcroft

Thailand island hopper was amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to see the south of Thailand (or the total Thailand trip to anyone who wants to see the whole of Thailand). The activities we did were great and the views everywhere are beautiful. My guides Gun and Scotty were amazing. They were both so helpful in anyway that they could be, whether it was giving information about what activities we were doing during the day or about places we could go to eat and bars to go to afterwards. Gun even introduced me to his friend who does bamboo tattoos so I could get one from someone he trusted and knew. On one of the days we were unable to do a boat trip due to the rough waters but Gun was able to sort out a great car trip around the island for us instead which took us to a great viewpoint and beautiful beach. Scotty is only an intern but he acted like a full on tour guide and was so much fun and tried his best to teach me how to play pool (I very nearly won so I think he did a good job). Have had an absolutely wonderful time which was certainly helped by the vibes Gun and Scotty added to the group.