based on 991 reviews
J

JonasTaylor

“To live the dream.” is what I would describe my time with trutravels. I went to Thailand, after hearing my friend telling me about his trip with trutravels. And I decided to use them for this trip. I didn’t regret it at all. From the Moment I arrived till the moment I left, we were looked after well by our guide, Patrick. Patrick has nothing but the best personality ever! He’s always cheery and happy. Always smiling and always made sure that we didn’t miss anything out. Patrick made sure that there would be no man last standing as he was always the first up and always the last to call it a night. Which made us feel very secure and felt safe of him being around.

M

MikeBar

Trutravels and the Thailand island hopper, did not disappoint at all! I went on this tour hoping to meet people as I decided to start my travels around asia. And not only did I meet people on this trip I met travel mates as well! Since the first day of the Tour, Steve our guide, gave me a very nice welcome after a 14 hour flight, flustered from the flights etc, and it just lifted my spirits up and from that moment I knew Steve was going to be showing me a great time! He is so energetic and knowledgeable about his surroundings. I have never met anyone who could keep 18 of us so entertained, and makes sure that we were all participating in everything. And because of that we got the most of everything together as a group. Steve is also a first class musician! His music could keep us singing for days. The tour itself was very well organized. From day 1, I didn’t have to worry about anything. Steve kept us up to date with all the details on the daily.

J

JackHuston

I was unsure at first before the tour started, as I wasn’t aware of all the logistics, But Ali always explained everything and it made me feel very calm and safe, This meant I could relax and enjoy the tour. As soon as I arrived to the airport, Ali was there to help bring me to the hotel. It was really nice and assuring that Ali was there, Bangkok is a BIG airport. Ali throughout the trip made sure that we always either had a smile or a laugh. He's always so witty and not one moment was ever dull. My experience was amazing!. Ali was amazing informative, organized and very knowledgably about the Temples and Thai culture and the thai lifestyle.

CJ

Cherry Jones

I did my tour with Trutravels in February, on my tour I had the pleasure of having Steve as my tour guide. He is a very comical guy. The day I met Steve for my airport pick up, I knew that I was in good hands and I wasn’t going to be disappointed in this tour. The places that were visited on the tour was really amazing. From the floating raft houses of Khao sok all the way to the view points of Phi Phi islands. Everything in between was phenomenal. The tour had a really good mix of culture, adventure and nice relaxing moments that made me realize that every day on this trip, I was always in for a smile that lasted the day. Steve always made sure that we were having a good time and enjoying the moments. I loved how the tour only stayed in Bangkok for 2 nights, then after that we moved to the south, for the last 12 days , where the tour really started to get more of Thailand’s multicultural vibes. I could never imagine such a big country and the contrast to the atmosphere of the different destinations. They were very different from each other! I definitely cannot wait to go on another Trutravels tour, where I know the guides are very fun and engaging, and the tours themselves are designed to really give you an experience of a life time!

N

NancyJo

I had a blast! The tour is amazingly awesome. I went on this tour as a solo traveler and I left as part of a good group of friends! This was my first trip as a tour group, I've never been on one before. I was really nervous but when I arrived to the airport, my guide was there. Patrick – from the moment I met him he was all full of smiles, very warm and welcoming. Till the very end Patrick was very accommodating and knowledgable about many things. We did a Bangkok city tour and he gave very vivid details about the history of the city and temples. I definitely recommend Trutravels. The guides are the nicest people ever. And throughout the tour there were any dull moments. I made many new friends from this trip. Couldn’t have asked for more. Thanks, Tru!!

AV

Alida Van der Eems

In general the tour was very average. I was travelling alone and I joined the trip because I wanted to experience Thailand's islands with a group I could call my friends. Some of the highlights included the beautiful accommodation given to us on the tour, including floating bungalows and beautiful beach rooms. The group was also fun and lively and consisted of people of all ages which meant we could mingle well and no one felt excluded. Also, the guides, especially Tommy, were fun and seemed to want to be included in our conversations. Tommy was so much fun - would recommend him for anyone looking for a great, fun tour guide! However, there were quite a few downsides to this tour which have left me unhappy with the overall experience and the amount of money I paid for the trip. My largest concern of the trip was that we seemed to eat almost all of our meals at 7/11 stores. This is not novel, nor is it the authentic Thai cuisine I was looking for. Almost none of the meals were included in the price and sometimes we were not given options to eat anywhere BUT a 7/11. Thereby, most of my meals were toasties, packaged croissants or salted peanuts. This was a huge disappointment for me and the rest of the group and I could not help but feel very mislead by the advertised tour and what we actually experienced. Secondly, the tour guides tended to talk down to us and treat us as if we did not understand much. I could liken my experience on the trip to that of a high school trip with teachers. On the first day we have an hour lecture on the culture, which I thought would be educating and useful, but it turned out to be a lecture with immaterial facts such as how to use a toilet and how to take money out of an ATM. On one instance upon going out in Thailand the guide tried to tell us when he thought we should go to bed or stop drinking/eating - i felt just like i was on a trip with a disapproving grandparent. Lastly, our trip happened to land directly during the coronavirus outbreak and the shutting of Thailand borders. Consequently, the tour was cancelled halfway through. We received no information except for an email that we would be essentially abandoned in Thailand and told to make our own arrangements home. Our guide had no idea how to get us home and he had very little guidance. We had a horrific 24 hour journey home from Koh Tao to Bangkok including overnight ferries and long coach rides, during which I was very sick and the guide could not seem to care (despite there being a deadly global pandemic of which I was showing symptoms.) TruTravels and the guide even tried to put me in a triple room upon arriving at the hotel in Bangkok. If I had had the coronavirus then I could have spread it to my two roommates very easily and when I asked for a room by myself to protect my fellow travellers the tour guide was extremely sassy and claimed the hotel was fully booked - it was not and I took matters into my own hands because the tour guide could not seem to care less about my health of that of my roommates (shouldn't health and safety be your number 1 concern?!) The places we went were beautiful but i do not believe I had my money's worth on this trip, I could have seen a lot more and saved a lot of money if I had travelled alone and met people alone the way. Having said all this I am thankful for the guides for taking us to the places they did and spending time to make sure we were all happy.

Operator's comment: Hey Alida, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all customer feedback on board and we are sorry to hear you felt let down by areas of the tour. With regards to the outbreak of Covid-19 and the tour being suspended, please understand that we have never experienced a situation like this before. We were dealing with lots of customers all over the world and our main priority was to make sure everyone was safe and able to get home. This trip usually has extremely positive feedback so we are looking into the points raised here and will be in touch soon. We are glad you enjoyed the places you did visit and the accommodation and will pass on your kind words about Tommy. Kind Regards, TruCrew

24th March 2020
A

Anniebrierley

Gun was an incredible tour guide. He worked hard to keep everything in order and to keep us all happy. He was very organised throughout the whole trip and lots of fun to be travelling with. His music was always brilliant and got everyone involved. Boom was also very good, especially with his knowledge about the temples on the 1st day and always helped out when we needed a hand knowing what everything was. I had a brilliant time with both of them and couldn’t imagine doing it without them as they made it feel so easy and fun!

A

AshleaBucke

Gun and boom were outstanding tour guides, they made the trip enjoyable and memorable. Gun is very experienced and made sure everyone was okay and on time for everything. I like that he made sure everyone was included and got good pictures of the group (and his music). Boom brought good energy to the group and put a smile on everyone’s face, he’s a little slower than gun but he is an amazing tour guide and really good fun!

B

BillieMae

Gun was the most amazing tour guide. Very helpful and looked after the group very well. He was very approachable and kept the group well informed of the itinerary. Gun lead the group very well and was really organised. He also helped us plan our onward travel. Boom was a good tour guide, made the group feel very comfortable and made the group laugh he did look after us.

S

Sabrina

Gun and boom was a great tourguide. Funny and well organised. We had no problems at all on the hole tour. It was a amazing time. It would be better if there is like a handout or a scedule so you have a plan in your head where we are going the next days. We only knew couple hours before what we are doing or where we are going.