based on 37 reviews

Alisha Allen

Such an amazing tour! Great communication throughout the whole journey including before and after the tour. All the accommodation was always clean and located well, it varied so much depending on the location from treehouse-style to hotels. The tour offered such a variety of activities which provided a great snapshot of what Sri Lanka has to offer; from climbing Little Adams Peak to dining and cooking with a local family. CJ and Dean were amazing guides and provided so much fun and knowlegde to tour! I had the most amazing time and would recommend to all travellers out there.

Operator's comment: Hey Alisha, Thanks so much for your lovely feedback! :D We are happy you had such a great time and we hope you can come back and join us again in the future. TruCrew

14th April 2020

Sophie Stubbs

One of the best tours I have been on to date! What an excellent experience and insight into Sri Lankan culture!! I would highly recommend this tour.... definitely worth the money and the tour guides were brilliant too... very friendly and very knowledgeable! Lots to see and do in 10days but also plenty of time to wind down too! I've made some of the greatest friends I know I will have for life on this tour! What are you waiting for? #justgo!

Operator's comment: Hey Sophie, Thanks so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear you had such a great time and hope you can come back to join us again in future :) #JustGo ;) TruCrew

14th April 2020
TM

taizz medalia

There was no communication from the tour operator until a couple of days before the tour started. The tour started in Negombo and we met CJ, the leader, who is a really nice guy. He did his best to keep us safe and follow the itinerary- the bus, driver and helper were great too. Highlights were the village excursion near Seguira , climbing little Adam’s Peak and seeing a full moon and sunrise at the same time, and the safari in Udewalawe. The other travelers were lovely, sweet people. I don’t recommend this tour for someone who wants to experience nature, or get to know Sri Lankan people though. The pace of the tour often felt like a forced march from A to B, then take a selfie or a group photo. The hotels we stayed at ranged from poorly maintained and slightly dirty, to so disgusting that I had to leave the tour and book myself into a guesthouse. And yes, I have the pictures to prove it. There was also the problem of weak WiFi, no hot water (or didn’t bother to tell us how to get the hot water), no water provided, and boring overpriced meals in these hotels. The only hotel worth staying at was the Garden Hotel in Ella. Another reason I’m not going to recommend this Tru Travel tour is that it is a perfect example of vulture capitalism- they charge travelers as much as they possibly can, and pay the people actually doing the work almost nothing. Instead of paying fair wages, they lean on the travelers to make up the difference with “tips”. Of course I believe in tips for good service, but in this case I feel it was just enabling vulture capitalism.

Operator's comment: Hey Taizz, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our team always send out a pre departure pack one month before travel with all the information leading up to your trip and prior to this we would have made contact to ask for any missing information. We can only apologise if you did not receive this. Perhaps we had the wrong email address for you or this ended up in your junk mail? We are glad you enjoyed the activities and got along well with CJ. With regards to the accommodation, could you please send your images to info@trutravels.com and explain in more detail as we generally get really good feedback about these so it is a shame to hear this and we will be sure to look into it for you. As for the wifi and boiling water, unfortunately this is something which is out of our hands. This is a matter which can happen occasionally and I am sure all staff would have been doing their best to sort the situation. If you could please again elaborate on the last point you have raised to us and we can look into it as I can assure you this is not the case and we actually work very closely with lots of local suppliers and communities in all destinations we operate in so ensure we are giving back and supporting them in any way we can. We take all feedback on board so we will be looking into the points raised. Kind Regards, TruCrew

18th March 2020

My English is not so good, I make a small review… All was amazing! There was so much to see in the tour, more than I could imagine. Vajira has taught me almost everything about Sri Lanka. He learned everything I want to know. The structure of the tour was very good. I felt very well in the presence of Vajira and the accommodations. I love Sri Lanka and I want to come with my girlfriend. I can recommend it to anyone. Thank you TruTravels, Thank you Vajira it was amazing!

Operator's comment: Hello! Thank you very much for your great review! All of us at TruTravels are so happy you enjoyed your time in Sri Lanka and we hope to see you on tour with us again in the future! Welcome to the TruFam! x

19th February 2020
KC

Kim Carland

Vajira was an excellent guide with heaps of knowledge about Sri Lanka. Definitely recommend!

26th January 2020

Christine

This would have to be one of the best tours I've been on and I'd highly recommended it to anyone! Sudesh, our tour guide, was a wealth of knowledge, fun and full of dad jokes. I'm convinced there is nothing he doesn't know about Sri Lanka. He was always there to help us out with any additional activities we wanted to do and onward travel. Our driver was also lovely, always helping with our bags and opening doors for us. I loved all the stops on this itinerary, the Safari, Little Adams Peak and Sigiriya Rock were definitely a highlight and the glamping was incredible.

29th December 2019
R

RoxanneTaylor

Beautiful country and people. This tour was the perfect combination of activities, culture, party and chill. Prasad was a great tour guide, very informative and fun. I really enjoyed the glamping in Udawalewe and would love to have stayed another night :)

Operator's comment: Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are super happy you loved the glamping experience, it's so amazing! Pop the team an email to info@trutravels.com if you have any friends you would like to refer to us and we can reward you for doing so. Peace & love, TruCrew! :)

1st October 2019
B

BethanyHolman

Our tour guide was amazing. Prasad was helpful, very informative, professional and friendly. The safari experience is a memory I will cherish for a long time. Everything was easy and seamless. Everyone in Sri Lanka was friendly and eager to please. The train to Ella was amazing sights even though it was raining. Would definitely refer a friend to Trutravels again.

Operator's comment: Sup TruTraveller, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Prasad is a legend, glad he made your trip so awesome! Pop the team an email to info@trutravels.com if you have any friends you would like to refer to us and we can reward you for doing so. Peace & love, TruCrew! :)

1st October 2019
A

AmandaMurray

This trip has been an eye opening experience. As it was my first tour and overseas trip I was nervous at the beginning. Both the tour guide and other travellers made me feel very welcomed and they were all very friendly. Not to mention the amazing drivers, that carry our bags when needed, or made sure we went dying climbing the mountain. This trip taught me so much about the Sri Lankan lifestyle, religion, food and even myself. I have already recommended trutravels to my friends/family and I very much am considering doing another tour soon! :) :)

Operator's comment: Hey TruTraveller! Thanks for your epic review - we’re stoked that you had an amazing time in Sri Lanka with us and glad you felt welcomed when you arrived. Welcome to the Trufamily and hope to see you on another trip soon! Big love, Tru Crew

27th September 2019
G

GeorgiCornford

Being my first time in Asia I wasn't sure what to expect. Both Wajira and the drivers made sure that we were well informed and on the bus on time. The energy on the tour was fantastic, no one was left out or made to be feel like an outcast, which sometimes happens in larger groups. I wish I had a bit more time at each of the stops to really take it all in but we still managed to get an in depth experience no matter what we did. Wajira's knowledge was second to none and without him I feel like the tour wouldn't have been as great as it was. I will definitely be doing another trutravels tour if they're all this fun!

Operator's comment: Heya! Thanks for your epic review - we’re pumped that you had an amazing time on tour with us. Where's next on your bucket list? Welcome to the TruFamily and we'll look forward to seeing you again soon. Big love, Tru Crew

27th September 2019