based on 57 reviews
A

AmarNahil

Thank you so much for the trip of a lifetime! Met some amazing people and saw so many beautiful places!!!

23rd June 2022

Shaundavies

Chris was excellent. Always bringing great energy to the group. Any questions got answered straight away. Knew all the best spots to take us too which maximised the good times.

23rd June 2022
MM

Moffazul Miah

Chris king is and always will be remembered as a legend. From start to finish the Philippine island hopper has been absolutely amazing thanks to Chris taking care of every single one of us especially given we had such a diverse group with different needs.this itself is a difficult task and he absolutely smashed it . His knowledge of Philippine is outstanding 10/10 all day every day for Chris as a tour guide and it was my pleasure to have him as my guide. A experience that will stay with me for life thanks to him. Chris you’re a king of the Philippine

22nd June 2022
T

Taryn

This trip has been one of the most amazing times of my life. There is so many cool experiences that we got to do in the 17 days we were here. There really is something for everyone on this trip . The island hopping trips are such a cool experience and a great way to see parts of the Phillipines you would never get to otherwise. Chris is always up for a good time and really knows how to get everyone together

22nd June 2022
M

Maisy

Chris was amazing! He made sure everyone felt welcome and included. He was super chilled but organised at the same time. The airline lost my luggage at the start of the trip which was really stressful but Chris sorted the situation out and I don’t think I could have sorted it without him! I’ve had a great time with Chris and he’s made the tour really enjoyable!

16th June 2022

SamDowse

I honestly had one of the best times of my life on this tour and met so many amazing people!! I absolutely love the Philippines and hope to return here someday!! Chris is such a lovely bloke who is always up for a good time and was always the one to get the party started, definitely the catalyst for many good nights out here!!

16th June 2022
L

LucyParrish

Rich was the best tour guide we could have hoped for. He made everyone feel very welcome and made effort to get to know everyone equally and to make sure everyone was included. He was great fun to spend time with and always kept us informed about the plan and itinerary. He was a core part of the group and helped us all bond together as closely as we did. Thank you so much Rich!

26th May 2022
J

JemimaBennett

I came to the tour with my friend Katie, and we could instantly tell rich was an amazing tour guide due to helping us out before the tour had even started when we accidentally booked ourselves into a bit of a dodgy hotel. Rich got us a transfer and a hotel room in manila and helped us right away, which we were both very grateful for - especially as we are both only 19 and it was our first time ever travelling alone. This instantly reassured me that he was going to be a great tour guide as he was looking out for us and helping us before the tour had even began. We couldn’t have asked for a better tour guide. Rich took the time to get to know us individually which was really nice. He was great fun, chatty, engaging and organised. Rich made sure to always let us know the day plan in advance which was good as it allowed us to get organised for the day ahead. He is such a fun character, who was always making the group laugh. Whilst maintaining professionalism, Rich was also able to let loose and have fun with the group which is great, as before arriving I was worried about having a tour guide who wouldn’t be interested in having fun with us. We unfortunately had a few issues with my friends health, where we needed to be driven in an emergency ambulance from El Nido to Puerto Princesa in the night. This was a 5hr journey and we had to leave all our bags and belongings behind at the hotel in El Nido, and stay at the hospital for a few day with nothing on us (no food, clothes or money). We understand this would have caused a HUGE deal of stress for Rich, especially as this was his first tour, and I was so grateful for how he responded to the situation. Before being ambulanced, he came to see us at the el nido hospital to drop of a bag of snacks that he had bought from the shop for us as we had barely eaten that day which was really kind. Whilst in the ambulance and hospital, Rich was constantly texting / calling me to check in and ask for updates as my friend had become pretty out of it and was unable to respond. Rich was constantly reassuring me and answering any questions I had. This meant a great deal to me as I found the experience really frightening, especially having to leave 5hrs away from everyone without any belongings. I am very thankful for how kind and helpful he was throughout this. During the trip, I was quite nervous on a few occasions. I can become quite anxious about flying (ironic that I booked myself onto a trip with loads of flights, I know!). I was also nervous during the zip line and canyoneering due to the heights, but Rich reassured me the whole time and was encouraging me to do it, which really helped me and I did end up doing it all. It was nice to have someone encouraging me so positively. Overall, I had an amazing time in the Philippines with Richard and I am very sad to say goodbye to him. Over the past 17 days, we have become great friends and I really hope to see him again one day. Thank you rich and TruTravels for an amazing experience that I will never forget.

ShawnKeeley

We had 3 amazing tour guides Amer, Chris and Richard, I couldn’t say anything bad about them. They were great tour guides and made the experience so enjoyable and any problems they were always there willing and ready to help. To be honest it was more like they were just part of the group they kept everything fun and entertaining! Would definitely recommend this tour as the tour guides made it extra special

P

PetterHarsem

Thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip! The itinerary was really good, and gave us the opportunity of getting to see a lot of places while still not feeling too stressed. And the Philippines are just an amazing destination. The included activities were many, and really good. The accommodation was overall even better than expected, and better than what I've experienced with other tour companies in the past. Since this was the first Tru tour after covid, not everything went to plan all the time, but our guide Amer more than made up for this with his constant work to make everything as perfect as possible for us. Together with Chris and Rich, Amer created a fantastic atmosphere in the group, and we had a lot of fun together.