based on 100 reviews
D

DavidEdwards

I found all the activities to be my taste with a nice balance of sun, culture and partying. Our group leader Darrin was extreamly well organized an attentive to everyone’s needs. He created a fun an relaxed environment for everyone. Over all the activities, itinerary and group leader were excellent.

23 hours ago
C

CerysLindley

This trip has been amazing. So many incredible activities, including the sand dunes, caving, an tubbing at cast always island an the cooking class. I would have liked to stay in Hue for another night because it was so nice. I have loved this trip so much an made great friends. Big shout out to Darrin for always being there for us, keeping us informed an making the tour run smoothly an positive. Thanks Darrin

1 day ago
N

NoheliaFernandez

I went on the 17 Day Vietnam Explorer with the delightful Edna as our guide! She was very professional and always making sure we were all prepared and getting the best experience. She knew everything we needed to know or be aware of and we all felt in really good hands. It was a wonderful mix of activities, city and beaches, nature and culture. Definitely would recommend and loved everything that was included. Really good value for money and plenty of inclusions - loved that I didn’t have to stress about transport once or wasting time, there was always something to do, and it was all well organised. The only thing I would suggest or raise is that as much as it’s good not to have a rigid structure for city exploring, there should have either been more time in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh, or at least more guided and supported suggestions and recommendations. There should always be a list of recommended things to do and see or where to eat or drink so that the guide doesn’t have to repeat themselves or forget to tell us, and for us always to refer to just in case. This would also be helpful for historical background info. Overall, really well done snd thought through, just should be more detail on itinerary and history/local delicacies/info provided for each place as this wasn’t always given. Solid 4/5 stars from me! :)

1 day ago
J

JenniferConnelly

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experiences in Vietnam. The highlights were; - bike ride in Hoi An - bamboo basket tour - sand dunes - Hai Van Pass/mode traveling - War Museum/Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi and explore day - Cooking Class I would have liked to have spent more time in Hanoi and Hoi An, I would liked more cultural activities to be included. Our tour guide, Edna was very enthusiastic, hardworking,good communicator/ always updated us on facebook groups, fun, informative and caring. We did however encounter cancellation in our overnight bus which meant we were delayed 3 hours. We ended up getting an overnight train, Edna tried her best to organize and alternative route from the bus. It would have been good to have more communication from the Trutravels team to plan, however we did kindly recieve a free complimentary meal. Thank you Edna for a great 17 days tour of Vietnam!

7th April 2019
JN

Jennie Nee

I think this tour had a fabulous mixture of culture and fun, a lot was packed in so I felt I got a great taste of Vietnam. My only complaint would be that I thought Ninhvana was a day too long, one night there was enough I believe. Generally, the accomodation was good standard + very comfortable. Edna was an amazing tour guide, she was caring, attentive and made every effort to ensure we were okay and entertained. She takes us to variety of food and places.She dealt with the night bus issue well and was from when she needed to be. Overall I've had the best couple of weeks. Thankful to Edna and TruCrew for making it some of the best and weeks of my life!!!

7th April 2019

Edna Mendoza

The Vietnam Explore tour has been the 4th Trutravels tour I have done and has definitely been one of my favourites! You get to see a lot of the country during the trip, but it doesn't feel rushed and even when some of the transportation between places was delayed/changed Edna handled it really well, so the distance travelled wans't stressful. My personal highlights of the trip was quad-biking in the sand dunes, Ninhvana and Castaways,I loved all of it, everything was so much fun! The fact that we had such a good group and the tour guide meant that the experience was so enjoyable - the fact Trutravels tours are so social is an aspect I really like as I've made great friends who I got to share the experience with the cooking class and war museums, were also really good activities as it taught us more about vietnamese culture and history which is important. We got to experience culture as well as partying which I'm really glad for.

4th April 2019
C

CaitlinMckee

As I have never been to Asia before I decide to do a tour for convenience and less stress and hassle of booking accommodation/ activities/ travel. On the whole I enjoyed the content of the tour -highlights were the brilliant cooking class in Hue, driving the Hai Van Pass in the jeeps and I fell in love with Hoi An and it’s beautiful charm. Mays Bungalows and Ninhvana Vietnamese backpackers hostel were great accommodation and it was great to end on a high on VBH Castaways island in Halong Bay. However there have been a number of negative points to the tour which were very disappointing. There was definitely an overall lack of time keeping, organisation and information from our tour guide Edna. She would disappear without telling us, very last minute itinerary given and a general lack of enthusiasm towards activities. No historical information was given on the Ho Chi Minh city tour, and there was a general lack of knowledge about the locations visited. At times she came across very unprofessional- I heard from a fellow tour guest that she was talking negatively and bad mouthing me to them when they joined us on the Northern part of the tour. When we arrived in Nha Trang our hotel wasn’t booked and this was added stress after a day of travel. I had also asked about the dark caves - misinformation was given to me about the activity and due to medical reasons was not able to participate in the activity. Also felt pressured as a group on a daily basis to have numerous pictures taken for social media - this could become very annoying at times. As someone who hasn’t done a Tru Travels tour before if it wasn’t for the great people I’d met I don’t think I’d be in any rush to book again mainly because of unprofessional nature of the guide, lack of organisation and lack of consistency. I also think Tru Travels should be more honest about the travel aspect of this tour - from reading the itinerary online they describe it as hopping on buses and our over night bus. When in fact 80% of the buses that are taken are public sleeper buses which aren’t private transport, can be hours late in arriving and are generally quite stressful experiences. This definitely isn’t reflected in the transport description on the webpage for this tour.

15th February 2019
J

JesseGould

I feel the itinerary was crammed an rushed. I would of liked to stay extra days in a few places on this trip. This was fun but very much on the go all the time.

7th February 2019
CC

Caroline Clarke

The group and the guide were what made the trip for me. Our guides Edna and Justin went above and beyond to make sure we had the best time, you could ask them anything and they were really invested in making sure we had a good time. Food was great, accommodation was nicer than I expected, transport was as expected for Vietnam standards and the activities included a little of everything. I really enjoyed seeing more of Vietnam and would recommend the tour.

6th February 2019
A

alexwalker

I had an amazing time, espacially to the expertise of Pinky my tour guide. The knowledge of th country and the hidden gems in each city we went to was amazing. She was very helpful an an always made sure everything went smoothly. Overall this trip was fantastic. The only thing I didn’t like was arriving early at hotels an not being able to check in the hotels when we arrived. Thanks Tru Travels

4th February 2019