based on 311 reviews
R

RoseTyack

Having done Bali and beyond to start with this part of the tour offered showed a much more rugged side to Indonesia. The boat trip was a highlight, a really unique experience being out at sea and sitting under the stars at night away from it all - would love to do this again. Some fab snorkelling opportunities too! Moyo island was also great at fun visiting the waterfalls and ‘sunset Moyo’ for a delicious lunch. I do think it would be worth mentioning we would get there via motorbikes in advance as it’s something I haven’t done before. The hotel at Sumbawa was nice but the food was pretty bad. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this tour, Darrin was a great, easy going and inclusive host who made us all feel at home together!

Operator's comment: Heya! Glad to see you had such a great time in Indonesia, the boat trip is amazing, right?! Awesome to see your group leader made it so fun too, Darrin is such a babe! Thank you for your feedback about the bikes, we will definitely take that into consideration. We will look forward to seeing you again for another adventure, where to next? ;) Big Love, TruCrew!

C

CThomson

Really enjoyed the Komodo island hopper tour. Highlights were visiting Moyo island, staying on the liveaboard boat for two nights and seeing dolphins and manta rays, and visiting the dragons. The food on the boat was great and everyone was really lovely, and it was amazing to be in the middle of nowhere on the sea, it was so peaceful. The only let down for this week was the meals: there wasn’t much choice for the breakfasts in Lombok and what was there wasn’t good - we ended up venturing outside the hotel to find better options, and the meals we had in Sumbawa weren’t good at all! The accommodation in Sumbawa was also pretty basic which wasn’t a problem but I would have expected at least mosquito nets in the bedrooms for the amount of bugs and wildlife we found in our rooms.

Operator's comment: Heya! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to see you had such a great time out in Indonesia. Sumbawa is a remote island and the accommodation is more basic backpacker accommodation, but because you're in such an amazing surrounding we felt the this makes up for it. However, we completely take in all of your feedback and are doing what we can to work on improving the accommodation there. We hope you still enjoyed the rest of your trip and we loved making amazing memories with you. Big Love, TruCrew!

E

Ellen

The boat was fantastic. Amazing experience!! The waterfalls and weaving village were great. Loved the beach days and snorkelling. Accommodation in longbok and Sumbawa weren’t great and the included food was bad. Over all however and amazing experience

MaryCu

What an experience! This was very different than the last TruTravels experience I had last year and I couldn't be more pleased that I got to experience Indonesia this way. There was a good amount of activities and free time, plus the time being disconnected was great. It really allowed you to be one with nature. I wasn't expecting to see so many animals on this trip (dolphins, manta rays, monkeys, komodos etc), and that made me so happy. My favourite activity was going to the waterfalls (rope swing was so much fun!) and seeing Komodo dragons. Definitely an experience I won't forget and can't wait to share with others back home!

F

FinjaOtterstedt

I am really glad I did this trip with TruTravels. I saw the most beautiful things ever and experienced things ever and experienced things I would have never dreamed of. My personal highlight was the day of Pink Beach. I was kinda scared before we got to the boat for 2.5 days. But this was probably the best thing ever. The crew was super nice and the food was the best I had on the trip. I really enjoyed being in the tightest of space with the other girls. I felt so safe around them and it just made me feel super comfortable that they helped me when I was sick. Especially my group leader, Lish, checked on me and that made me feel much better. Thanks for that Lish!!! If you don't mind to sleep on the floor or not be in a hotel for a couple of days I would highly recommend this trip to you. To speak from personal experience, feels so good to push yourself out of your comfort zone and do things you usually wouldn't do!

C

ClaudiaDodson

The Komodo part of this Bali and Beyond tour was amazing! Completely different to the first part but would highly recommend to anyone! The highlight of this second part of the trip for me was definitely the Liveaboard boat. Such an incredible experience. The crew were lovely, especially Riski! And the food was amazing. The first night was an experience but was so worth it to wake up and snorkel with manta ray So! This is definitely a highlight, followed by snorkelling at Pink Beach which is a definite must! And to complete the day, the amazing viewpoint. Something I will remember for a long time. Sumbawa and Moyo Island were also a highlight. Amazing and simple place to stay on the beach front and the day trip to Moyo on the back of locals motorbikes was something you don't do every day! The actual tour was incredible and there is not much that I would personally change as it pushed me to do things I would never have done but will definitely last a lifetime. Lastly, Lish was an amazing tour leader, and was so helpful with everything that anyone needed. She definitely made the whole experience better, so thanks. She tried to make everything fun, especially on the boat when everyone was feeling a lot worse for wear. Thanks for everything =)

Operator's comment: Heyyyy Claudia! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Awesome to see you had an amazing time in Indonesia with us - swimming with manta rays is amazing, right!! We'll look forward for you to join us again for another adventure, where to next? ;) Big Love, TruCrew.

H

HannahTyler

I booked this trip via gap360 as part of a trip deal, the first trip being Bali Intro tour and the second being Komodo Island Hopper with with you guys at TruTravels. This trip was fantastic, I enjoyed every second of it, even though I came down with a cold within the first few days, apart from a few physical restraints on my behalf, the trip itself was easy to partake in. The sights and locations were beautiful , especially the Moyo island waterfalls. I have to say the highlights for me seeing the Komodo dragons and manta rays, really unique animals that you don't get to see in every day life. The one thing that tied the whole trip together was our tour guide Freddie, what a legend! Absolutely hilarious (BanterBus) He kept me laughing even when I was curled up in the corner feeling rubbish. He also made me a master of rummy, which I am sure he became to regret in the end haha. Overall everything was amazing, I've got so many fantastic memories to take home with me. If you're looking for a trip with epic views, cultural insights ad just generally a good time, then this is the trip for you! 100% recommend and I can't wait to try out some more of the trutravels tours!!

29th October 2019
K

KatieCondron

AMAZING!! Sometimes I felt like a lot of travelling to each place, yet so worth it! The spots/places we went to were out of this world!! I Booked this trip as it included seeing komodo dragons and snorkelling with manta rays. It was a dream come true!! Everything else on the trip was an added bonus and were so beautiful!!!

Z

ZoeLau

I really love the fact that this part of the trip is less touristy. The locals were amazing and still so friendly!! The best part of the trip was connie on Padar island!!!! Bye sarong haha I would reccomend trutravels to everyone! Phoebe is amazing, and looks great in a dress!

DH

Daisy Hutchinson

The liveaboard boat was incredible!! Defiantly the highlight of the trip. The crew were also amazing and super lovely. We saw loads of manta rays and snorkelled with them, which was just incredible! Padar island viewpoint was breathtaking, a hard walk, but worth it!! Seeing the komodo dragons was an amazing experience as well. Really lovely group of people, made some great new friends. Phoebe has been a really great group leader, everything and more I could have wanted in a guide! Highly recommend this trip to everyone - full of activities!