based on 981 reviews

Kelly Dalton

Overall, this tour was an amazing experience and a great way to have an adventure and take in the awe-inspiring scenery and culture of the Philippines. My personal favorites were the visit to the children's school, the all-day island hopping tour and the camping trip on a remote island off Port Barton. Kate was an excellent resource for the tour participants, a fun guide that helped the group mesh together and was always there to help everyone take the most of their tour experience. I was a solo traveler but enjoyed making quick friends with all of my tourmates. This was my first tour experience, but I'll definitely be looking into more tour trips like this in the future.

4 hours ago

Hayley Louise

Such an amazing tour! A perfect combo of activities, chilling, local life experiences and of course partying. Kate was super welcoming from the off with helpful tips even before we got there. The Philippines experience was definitely a highlight being taught to cook local food, climb coconut trees and learning all about local life. There were a few small changes to our itinerary due to bad weather and safety issues but Kate was quick to adapt things for us to make sure we got everything we wanted to do done. I had some pretty bad sunburn and travel sickness but Kate was always there with her first aid kit to help! #legend! I started the tour thinking the Phllippines wasn't for me but by the end I could easily consider moving here myself :) Thanks for an awesome tour Kate!

21 hours ago
JS

Jessica Shore

This is the first organised tour I've been on and I've absolutely loved it!! One life really manage to pack so many fantastic activities into 10 days and I'm gutted to be leaving it. Kate has been fab and getting us around to and from each activity all the while having a laugh with us. Met so many amazing people and had so many amazing experiences (including ziplining across the sea, climbing a coconut tree and camping on a secluded island), not to sound too cheesy but this really has been trip of a lifetime!!!! Book this tour you will not regret it!!

22 hours ago

Bryon Brillantes

Very good guide for the whole 10 Days. Also, my Cebu add on was modified either an alternative to Cebu or Coron or Siargo add on or a refund. Chose refund option. Kate did an awesome job in everything and by sorting out the refund option with no problems. Very happy and willing to explore more of One 1ife especially in Sri Lanka and Maldives.

22 hours ago

Alexandra Baur

The tour was amazing. We had the opportunity to see what philippino-life looks like: with positive point of views, but also with the negative ones. The food was delicious and also the acomodations were better than expected. The best experience was Port Barton, with the camping on the lonely island. It was a unique adventure. Our guide, Simen, was so nice and courteous, and we all recognized how much he loves his job. I think it was one of the best guides I ever had! I hope to come back to the Philippines, but I hope as well that I have an other opportunity to do a tour with Onlife. You do a really great job and I wish you all the best for the projects with the schools.

1 day ago

Stephanie Steinwandter

This tour was awesome, we had no rush, was very chilled and we saw a lot of new things and learnd a lot of the philippine culture and the wildlife. The accomodations were good value and perfect for me, im not a 5star hotel traveller

1 day ago

KATHARINA Plank

The island is just beautiful and all accommodations were great and clean. You always get enough to eat and the food is just fantastic. A lot of fried stuff but also fresh vegetable, rice and fruit everyday. Simen picked me up from the airport and during our trip we had always a small bus together. The group size was just perfect; 8 people were joining and a big thanks to our tour guide Simen! He was super friendly, funny and always helping with every problem we had. I would definitively recommend the Palawan Trip! The people, the ocean, the island, the food ... everything just perfect! My personal highlight was the school visit! Make sure you being some notebooks or pens for the children!

3 days ago

Kelly March

I stumbled upon this company and tour by a lucky chance whilst looking for a much needed escape from it all. Although I have visited many places in Asia, I had no real expectations or knowledge of this country or what I was in for. Honestly, it could not have been more enjoyable or great. The Philippines has an essence of home (USA) and the people were not so keen on haggling and selling tourists down the river. The visit was amazing in large part because of the dedication and genuine awesomeness of our guide, Chloe. This world would be a better place if there were more Chloe Tickners on the planet. She safeguarded all of us the entire time and went above and beyond to accommodate and make it as enjoyable as possible. Chloe has an infectious zest for life that makes her a beautiful person both inside and out. She is a true natural at her job, and I KNOW it is not regarded as merely a job for her. I was impressed by her assurance of safety the entire time and ability to also enjoy herself. She is wise beyond her years and I cannot recommend this more. I must say, One Life Adventures actually backs up their values and I felt good about being part of a tour that actively supports sustainability, kindness to the environment, and a unique opportunity to visit far off places in a really fun and respectful way as tourists. Love Chloe, love this gem of a company, and I will be back!!!! XOXO Kel

Nicole Matthews

This tour was nice and calming in comparison to other tours I have done. One life is a small, new company and still learning to perfect the little things but overall they are doing an amazing job at giving each traveller an incredible experience. Poor Chloe (my tour guide) had to put up with sick little me for almost the whole trip, and she was the perfect mum away from home. I couldn't ask for a more passionate tour guide! The worst thing I found that one life does is that they don't let their tour guides just be tour guides. They seem to give them extra work, so that the guide can't just be themselves. I felt the guides had pressure to do like extra curricular things which meant Chloe was on her phone and laptop completing these other tasks rather than just being in the moment with us. This is me being picky, Chloe is such a wonderful guide! We just wanted her mentally with us as well, having the time of her life. I found this just makes the whole tour experience when the tour guide is having an absolute blast with you. I did find this tour nice and relaxing too, it's not too activity dense and there isn't a lot of travelling which is so amazing! So if you are wanting to do this tour as a holiday, it's a great way to see the Philippines. The first and last day of the tour there are not many activities, these days are designed for you to fly in and out of. So the tour sort of only felt like 8 days. It would be really cool to include the "slum tour" in Manilla on the first day, as I felt that was an amazing learning experience that Chloe suggested for us, and possibly something else on the final day to feel like you get the full 10 day tour. One of the things I love the most about the tour is that it's sustainable! Such a good initiative for a travel company. The tour is very passionate to not leave an impact on the places we go unless it's a good impact. For instance you go to a school where you can donate books to the children. I wish more travel companies fell in love with their destinations as much as one life does.

PJ

Phil Jordan

This was the first organised tour I have been on travelling, and it didn't disappoint! There is a perfect mixture of activities and down time, and it is planned in a way that each day gets better and better. Chloe was a great guide. She is very enthusiastic and passionate in her role, and that spreads into the group. She goes over the top to make sure everyone enjoys their experience, and has everything they need to make the most of the trip. A lot of thought has clearly gone into the way the itinerary is planned, and I would fully recommend it to anyone looking to come to the Philippines. Thank you!