based on 547 reviews
SH

Shelley-Anne Heelan

What an incredible trip!! Mark was honestly the best tour guide I have ever had the pleasure of travelling with. He is a natural born storyteller and 100% Scottish. Every place we visited had a story to tell and Mark had me hooked with every tale. Some of my highlights from this trip were hiking to the Old Man of Storr, seeing a Hairy Coo, visiting the Loch Ness and walking on the battlefield of Culloden. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to experience Scotland’s natural beauty, history and culture. The thing I liked the most about MacBackpackers is it’s an independent company, and like its tour guides is 100% Scottish. Thank you Mark and MacBackpackers!!

2 days ago
L

LTWee

Neil was a fantastic storyteller who is passionate about Scotland. You can ask him anything! This was my first time to join a backpacking tour and I loved it!

2 days ago
D

DarcyInskip

10/10 REACHED expectations! Mark was an absolutely fantastic guide and an even better storyteller! There is literally no better way to do such a beautiful and magical place such as Scotland than with an amazing Scottish man telling you stories about Giants and Faeries along the way! definitely saw so many things that I wouldn't even have thought to look for and got to learn all the history and folklore!

6 days ago

Tessa Hauschild

Neil was such an amazing guide!!! Knew everything and anything about Scotland, from the folk law, to the Highlander life and everything in between. Super enthusiastic! The tour was fantastic, took us to amazing destinations off the beaten track. I especially loved the lovely walks we went on. The accommodation was fine, always had a well equipped kitchen and an option for breakfast. Scotland is the best country in the entire world and the highlands with their culture and history can't be missed. Great trip all around! Have recommended it to friends and they have already booked!

7 days ago

Stacey Irwin

Mark was amazing! Told some fantastic stories and shared his love of Scotland with us!

Operator's comment: Hi Stacey, We're happy to hear that you had a fab tour with Mark. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz

7 days ago
A

ABLim

This tour was an amazing experience.. I highly recommend it. We were lucky to be part of Neil's group as he was a fantastic tour guide! He was always punctual, informative, entertaining, and accommodating. Extremely good value for the quality of tour service.

9th December 2018

Omri Davidson

MacBackpackers are the best. usually i dont expect much from guide tours, Neil was perfect! very clever and nice guy. he knew everything about Scotland and was very funny! i had the time of my life.

Operator's comment: Hi Omri, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share these amazing pics. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Neil. Hopefully, we'll see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz

4th December 2018
J

JillMatarelliacarlson

MacBackpackers is the absolute BEST. So many unique experiences and wonderful guides. They take you so many enchanting places that you would otherwise miss and their guides are so entertaining and knowledgeable. They get my highest recommendation!

4th December 2018

Valentina Formenti

I remember this tour as one of the best one of my entire travel life! We were four Italian friends who wanted to explore Scotland and decided for the 5 days tour. From the beginning, our guide Richard was an amazing entertainer and passionate about his job, telling us a ton of stories and legends about Scotland and Highlands. Having a local as a guide does really make a difference! The destinations were so nice, the bus small but comfortable and the accommodations were just fine for a group of 20-ish years old! We had an amazing time and I would definitely recommend it to young adventurous people!

Operator's comment: Hi Valentina, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share the wonderful photos. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz

2nd December 2018

Tori Griffin

I had the absolute best time with this tour! Richard was incredible with all the knowledge he knew about Scotland, and had a knack for telling stories. If there was something you wanted to see that wasn't in the itinerary, he would try to add it if at all possible. I can't recommend this tour group enough!! One day, I hope to go back for the longer options too !

Operator's comment: Hi Tori, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz

30th November 2018