based on 19 reviews
E

Elle

The 5-day Christmas Caper was everything we hoped for plus more! A great group of travelling companions, friendly locals and beautiful scenery made for a perfect mix of sightseeing, activities and fun; not forgetting a good dose of Christmas spirit. Our tour guide Richard was an absolute legend. His extensive and first hand knowledge of Scotland coupled with his fantastic story-telling abilities were second to none and made the trip one I will remember always. It really set the bar high for my first Christmas abroad.

Value for money

Operator's comment: Hey Elle, We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx

14th January 2018
K

Kerry

I recently did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it was truly amazing. I am so glad I chose MacBackpackers (recommended by a friend). Our tour guide - Richard - was the perfect balance of funny, knowledgeable and friendly and with his Scottish humour left the bus in stitches most of the time. He was flexible when it came to planning our days and with that we got to see the best sites. The hostels themselves we very clean, warm and comfortable and the staff were all really friendly and helpful. We had an amazing Christmas lunch prepared by the staff the King Haakon Restaurant followed by games and plenty of drinking. This was definitely a tour I will never forget with awesome people and amazing organization. Thank you MacBackpackers and Richard for the best time!!

Value for money

Operator's comment: Hi Kerry, We are delighted to hear that you had a great Christmas with Richard and everyone else on the tour. We are glad you enjoyed the Christmas lunch as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx

9th January 2018
E

Elyne

I did the 5 day Christmas Caper tour and it went above and beyond any expectations I had. This being my first tour and hostel experience I was a bit nervous but the hostels were wonderful, clean and comfortable, and the tour experience was fist rate. Nothing beats sightseeing and hiking the highlands with a guide as passionate, funny and genuinely in love with his country as Richard. I loved the flexibility of the schedule and the variety of sites and activities. A special mention goes out to the staff at the King Haakon Restaurant that put together and amazing Christmas dinner. Thank you MacBackpackers for a trip that I will be daydreaming about for a long time to come.

Value for money

Operator's comment: Hi Elyne, It's great to hear you had a fab Christmas on tour with Richard. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner too. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this lovely review. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx

4th January 2018
S

Sumit

It was an awesome trip ! My best ever coach/guide trip & i have done a few of them. Richard is a hilarious guide & made our trip extra special with all the jokes / stories. We had a lovely Christmas with a group of 29 people & it was probably the best Christmas yet !

Value for money

Operator's comment: Hi Sumit, Thanks for the lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time on the Christmas Caper with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx

3rd January 2018
CL

Camie Lynn Bennett

We (my daughter and I) enjoyed the 5-day Christmas Caper thoroughly. Richard was an excellent tour guide, he was very knowledgeable on Scotish history and the geography of Scotland. MacBackpackers and Richard made Christmas memorable with gifts, champagne, and dinner. We met many great people on the tour and would highly recommend it.

31st December 2016
N

Natalie

I had an amazing time on the tour to the highlands! Richard was a great guide and I had a great time meeting and socializing with other people in my group. It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas.

29th December 2016
RY

Rita Yang

What I enjoyed most about this trip : people from all walks of life and Richard our guide - so funny and knowledgeable about Scotland's history and nature - within all these breathtaking scenery.

29th December 2016
CY

Chun Yeung Calvin Kwok

3 words. Fantastic,brilliant and amazing. Not just only the places,but also the tour guide and surprises they gave us. Lovely christmas gift and new friends from the trip. Glad that i joined the trip and love you Richard :)))))

28th December 2016

Cat

The Christmas Caper tour was great. MacBackpackers is a bit more low key than other tour companies but it was a perfect fit for a shorter tour in a small, beautiful country. The guide, Richard, was amazing and everyone kept begging him for for stories. It was a great, affordable and festive way to spend Christmas. Our whole tour had a blast and it's a good trip for those who want to get out and explore a bit rather than just experience tourist spots.

28th December 2016
L

Leena

Awesome trip, had a great time in the tours. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed spending Christmas on Isle of Skye with the local. Richard has been an amazing tour guide, he made the journey so fucking great....

26th December 2016