based on 20 reviews
LF

Laurie Fletcher

My first trip to India, and my first time in Asia coming from the UK. This was the perfect introduction. It sounds negative to say that I won't be rushing back, but I will definitely return! I travelled as a couple with my girlfriend (both in our mid 20s). We shared our tour with 6 others with a mix of nationalities from Iran, Australia, Canada, America and the UK. I was so pleased to share the tour with them, and it was great to hear their perspective on everything we shared together. Of course, your experience may differ, but I was happy, comfortable and trusting of our One Life companions. Late January weather was a little cold on the evenings, but perfect for sightseeing during the day. I feel like a saw a real side to India I wouldn't have received from a more "holiday" focussed tour. It inspired me, sparked conversations I've never had, and showed me a way of life that contrasted with my own. Without a doubt, It was hard work. You're not here to relax. You spend a huge amount of time travelling, and it never felt there was true down time. Accomodation ranged from outstanding to comfortable enough, and your experience with indian food will entirely depend on the individual. But it was worth it for the amount we managed to pack into our relatively short stay. I was absorbed by everything. I'm not a spiritual person, but I was fascinated how spiritualism shapes Indian society. I was surprised by how stunning the Taj Mahal was in reality. I was amazed yet infuriated by the traffic, engrossed by the history (the impact of both the Mogul and British empires) and loved my first experience of Bollywood cinema. The trip also highlighted the wider problems in modern day India. We arrived during a time of unrest with the political situation as divided as we're seeing across Europe. All this against the backdrop you may be familiar with, air/noise pollution unlike anything I've experienced, a huge population, and poverty worse than I've ever witnessed. What made the tour stand out was our inspiring guide Imran. Someone with a true passion for his country while making it accessible to newcomers. I couldn't have hoped for a more genuine, reliable guide who I felt genuinely cares for our well-being and enjoyment. More than anything, he helped me understand his perspective of India and helped form my own opinion of what I experienced on the tour. What holds the tour back is the sheer relentlessness of it. Early mornings paired with long travel times on unreliable transport - arguably, it's part of the experience but it grinds you down. Once you've been to inner city India, you'll feel like you've been to every city. There didn't feel much difference walking around Jaipur, Udaipur or Jodhour, plus it's stressful and a little repetitive. You'll probably get ill at some point (I had a particularly bad night), but don't worry there are plenty of western style toilets around - worth packing some loo roll though! If you've always wanted to visit India, this is without a doubt a great value way to do it. Just be prepared that the comfort level may not be what you might expect from other tours.

2 days ago
AI

Arezoo Irannejad

It definitely exceeded my expectations. It was my first time traveling with a tour and it was simply peace of mind. Everything was taken care of and we received so many valuable suggestions and information throughout the tour. The Tour guide (Imran) was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. HE set the bar so high for any tour guide I will ever encounter.

6 days ago

Cheyenne Angeline Jacqueline Johnson

Had a fantastic time in India!!! Being my 3rd tour with One Life I can honestly say I will be back again!!! Big shout out also to Imran who was the most awesome local legend!!!

29th January 2020

JackEngelberg

Sean was excellent from start to finish. He brought a positive and upbeat mentality to the tour group and made a concerted effort to connect with every person in the group on a more than purely surface level. I understand that this was his first time guiding but don’t doubt that he will make an excellent guide on any and all future tours.

Operator's comment: Hey Jack, thanks so much for the awesome review! Sean will love the feedback. We are so glad that you had a great time :)

23rd January 2020

JulianneVeinan

India has always been a dream of mine, since it’s such an interesting place. The country can be overwhelming if you’re not used to travelling, but the group tour made it so much easier. Our tour guide Sean did a very good job with guiding us throughout the country, especially since this was his first group tour in India. He has a lot of potential and this trip wouldn’t be the same without him. Overall I had a very good experience with good food, interesting places and good company.

Operator's comment: Thanks so much for the great review Julianne! Sean will love this great feedback and we agree India can be overwhelming if you are on your own so we are so glad you choose to come with us!

20th January 2020
A

AmbroosVisser

Do it. Just do it. If you have every wanted to do India and weren't sure about it, this is the way you should do it. After getting back I just find myself thinking constantly back to my time on tour a couple of months back. It just stays with you like no other place does. I'm so glad that I chose One Life Adventures to go to India with as they have done a great job structuring their tour to get the most out of each location you visit. You want free time to explore? You got it. You want a local showing you the best spots in their home city? You got it. You want to see the most amazing places in Rajasthan? Done. It wasn't a place I fancied doing on my own, but somewhere I know I needed to go. Just stepping out of the hotel into the street is an experience. The best part for me was the walking tour we did around Varanasi. You can feel the history there and see how it has been unchanged for the last 1000 years. Passing street vendors selling tea, listening to the chanting of the holy men, smelling the spices and incense in the air. It's crazy. Something I will never forget and will have to go back and experience once again in my life

Operator's comment: Hi Ambroos! Thank you so much for your review of our India tour. It's a pretty incredible place isn't it? We're glad you had such an awesome time and we hope to see you again soon!

18th November 2019

Travis Moore

Had an amazing time on the One Life India tour over the summer. The tour itinerary and our guides were bloody brilliant! Having the local insights from the local legends really made the trip for me. We had a few nights in traditional style old houses called Havlis and you felt like you were stepping back in time. Beautiful camp in Pushkar too, and definitely recommend doing the optional hike in the morning! The itinerary showed us the best in such a short time. The food, the people, the sights and sounds were all epic. Yes there were some longer travel days here and there, but if you want to see it all then that's how it has to be! I would do it all again in a heart beat.

Operator's comment: Thanks Travis for your amazing review! India definitely has a special place in our hearts. The Local Legends and Haveli stays really add to the experience. Hope to see you on one of our other tours!

11th November 2019

JaspalMann

Wow, what an amazing tour! Have been looking for a diverse tour in India for a while and took the leap with One Life Adventures - I certainly wasn’t disappointed! I’m a solo traveller and travelling with One Life was amazing as you make so many friends, also the tour guide (Joe) was great in getting everybody involved! The accommodation exceeded my expectations, and the food, as you would expect with India was fantastic! Would highly recommend this tour and One Life Adventures. Looking at booking my next one already! ✌

Operator's comment: Jaspal we are so happy you decided to take the leap and book with us as well! Thanks so much for coming along and for the awesome review! We are so happy that the accommodations exceeded your expectations and that our guide Joe and the food were both awesome :) We'd love to see you on another tour in the future!

16th September 2019

Celine Encarnacion

India has always been a mysterious and mystical place I’ve been eyeing on visiting. I was debating whether to backpack alone or go with a tour group. I took the plunge and booked a tour with One Life Adventures as I saw they recently launched their tour and I’ve heard great reviews about them.. This trip was a feast for all senses to say the least. The vibrancy of the culture, the kind people, the spices and curries, it was all fantastic. It also helped the guide, Joe, was very accommodating with all our concerns, and made sure we had the best time! Can’t thank you enough, OLA for an unforgettable experience! Loved it!

Operator's comment: Celine we are so happy you took the plunge and booked with us! Thanks for taking a chance on us and we are so happy that you had such an unforgettable experience!

11th September 2019

Khanyisa

It's hard to say what I loved the most about this tour because it was all amazing! Jack was probably the best tour guide I've ever had. Thank you for such a good tour!

Operator's comment: Thanks so much Khanyisa we are so happy you had such a good tour! And we agree Jack is a legend :)

6th September 2019