Overall
Value for money
Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)
JF

Janet Fong

Overall the tour was wonderful! Met a lot of great people and was really lucky with the weather. The tour started off a little rough, with everyone seemingly having a different itinary and mix communication. But our guide/driver, did her best to sort things out for us and was a delight to have. We switched guide/driver midway through the tour, and she was equally a pleasant to have giving us a lot of her opinion if what to do and what to avoid. I'll recommend this tour, and other Stray guided tours. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun and a great way to meet new friends and see New Zealand.

5th December 2018
Stray NZ - Short Moe Pass (National)
X

XuanNamNguyen

Great experience! It was nice to travel with the same group of people over more than 2-3 weeks. All the activites are great! I had 3 drivers: Skippy, Leftie and Romeoo. All were really nice and helpful and fun! The only thing is the new app which may not be working for everyone. Personally I didn’t have any issues but I know some people did. Understandable as it’s very new. Hopefully it will improve over time and make it easier for everyone to book accomodation and activities.

24th November 2018
Stray NZ - Jonah Pass (North Island)
R

Ross

I found the tour to be great, good bunch of people that I met and helpful information provided by the drivers. For what I wanted the bus about was perfect

9th November 2018
Stray - Maximus Pass (National)
S

Sigi

From the moment you step on that orange bus you already know so much more about New Zealand’s History and Maori Culture. You go to amazing places, meet beautiful local people and there organisations, do amazing activities, you can chose to be social and hang around with the group but if you feel like having some time alone that is not a problem either :) For me, Stray is the best way possible to explore New Zealand and meet some friends for life along the way!

5th November 2018
Stray NZ - Everywhere Pass (National)
B

Becka

Stray made me realise that I shouldnt go on tour busses. Im a very shy person and its get even worse when people around me are drunk, which often was the main entertainment with the bus tour. People even drank on the buss. Its not strays fault really, I was just stupid for buying that pass. And the busses dosent go that often, just keep that in mind. You may have to wait for four days if you decide to stay a bit longer in some places. I usually booked my own accommodations because the places that stray stayed at was often very loud from bars and partying. I know that some people like that kind of atmosphere but everyone is different right.

4th November 2018
Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)
GT

Grace TRIGNO

So, over all I would say the tour was good. But Stray could and should definitely improve. Everything that was planned went according to plan until the Tongariro Crossing day, which was cancelled due to poor weather condition. But, Stray should have had a plan B, for weather-dependent activity that's comparable to original activity. But, instead the group was told that it was cancelled and they're sorry that it's out of their control. Which is understandable and I don't really demand a refund, but as a tour company who's been operating and serving many tourist from thousands of miles across the globe who spent thousands of their money to have a memorable, awesome experience, things should have been planned better for activities that may be cancelled due to weather. It was pretty disappointing, as the Crossing was one of the things I was really looking forward to in this tour and that was one of the main reasons I chose Stray journey because not many companies have that in their itinerary. To be quiet honest, I wouldn't travel using Stray again for that reason. Most people who came from the other side of the globes, did not spend the money to come to NZ to be told that something is cancelled and they are sorry. Period. The guides were good. Seagull seemed to be a much more experienced driver guide than our second guide, Wings. Wings was young and nice. But could be more proactive for his tourist passengers when something is changed or cancelled. Thank you for reading this feedback.

1st November 2018
Stray NZ - Beach Hopper (North Island)
T

TaraManjunath

I recently travelled on the new Beach Hopper pass with Stray. We started in Rotorua and visited Waitomo, Raglan and Mt Maunganui. I had a blast! Heemi was an awesome driver and all of us loved being on board the 'no stress express'. We took a surf lesson in Raglan, went caving in Waitomo and hiked up the Mount for sunrise - all totally unforgettable experiences! I want to do it all over again!

17th October 2018
Stray NZ - Beach Hopper (North Island)

Kayla

I travelled with Stray NZ on their new Beach Hopper Pass. What a great way to see both the west & east coasts of the North Island. The pass is a great mixture of adventure and culture with breathtaking views along the way. Our Driver Guide, Hemdawg was very friendly and made sure all our activities and accommodation were booked and reserved for us. He had valuable knowledge of the local Maori culture and of all the destinations we visited. The highlights of my trip were surfing in Raglan in the west coast, and walking up Mount Maunganui in the east coast to watch the sunrise and sunset...absolutely stunning. Thanks for the best time and good vibes Stray!

14th October 2018
Stray Journeys Winter - Beetham (North Island)

Alex Wu

Good trip with a helpful guide, saw and experienced many beautiful areas in North Island in New Zealand. Will continue using tourradar in the future.

13th October 2018
Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)
J

JennySinnecker

What a great way to see the Southern part of the South Island. Milford, Stewart Island and Mt Cook were fantastic. Travelling in a group is so much more fun and social than on your own.

25th September 2018