Overall
Value for money
Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)

Katie Louise Williams

This was an incredible tour and we enjoyed every minute of it. We were looked after really well by our tour guide, kept very well fed and learnt so much about New Zealand. I would recommend Stray to yours to anyone going to New Zealand. I can’t name my favourite part of the tour, it was all wonderful. We visited Cathedral Cove which was beautiful. Extra activities we added on included a glow worm cave tour and Hobbiton. Somehow we managed to the Tongariro crossing, the scenery was breath taking.....and so was the walk! The visit to the Maori village taught us about their culture and the feast was delicious. Blue Duck station turned into an amazing adventure, I don’t think my boyfriend wanted to leave after a day there. There are also lots of stops on long drives to amazing places, but I can’t give away the details, they seem to be a secret. Stray are a great company and put up with my many, many questions about the tour. Thank you so much for a wonderful tour!

Operator's comment: Hi Katie, thank you for the great review! We're stoked to hear that you had an awesome time travelling with us and we hope to have you on the bus again soon, maybe this time in Asia or Australia :)

22nd March 2020
Stray - Big South Pass (South Island)

Katrin Tochtermann

I truly enjoyed my time with Stray’s amazing tour of New Zealand. This was my first time in New Zealand but we covered every inch of the South Island. The guides for the tour provide a ton of facts/insights and it really felt like a big road trip with a bunch of friends. Abel Tasman National Park, Mount Cook, Queenstown and Wanaka were some of the best highlights for me from the South Island! I found the sailing adventure in Abel Tasman to be really good and the stray discounts everywhere even better. As a solo traveler I can’t recommend Stray enough for your next NZ trip.

22nd March 2020
Stray Journeys - Mackinnon (South Island)

Rajesh Dasi

Well organised, variety of options with excellent guides!

Operator's comment: Hi Rajesh, we're very glad to hear that you had a great time travelling with us, thanks for the review :)

17th March 2020
Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)
LH

Lynne Holloway

Excellent. Husky, our driver and guide, was the best.

Operator's comment: Hi Lynne, thank you for your review! We'll be sure to pass on your comment onto Husky :)

6th February 2020
Stray - Far & Wide Pass (National)
S

SteenThindJrgensen

Such a fine way to travel...you se so many things in a short time...and ones the app is up running is pretty easy to plan your trip. The drivers er doing a really good job...we had for some time: one guy called "Lightning" and he was a perfect mix of history knowing, jokes, and practical solutions. Steen J denmark

11th January 2020
Stray - North to South Pass (National)
S

Steffi

4 perfect weeks in New Zealand. Got to see and do everything I wanted and met a lot of great people at different ages. As someone who was travelling alone (for more than a few days) for the first time, it was probably the best decision I could have made, to do it with Stray. Good combination of travelling in a group of people but still being able to do what you want and take time for yourself if you want to. Special thanks to my bus driver Thor, who was doing an excellent job, driving me save and sound from Auckland to Queenstown, always being patient answering all kinds of questions, always with a smile on his lips.

10th January 2020
Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)

Pansy Opice

All the arrangements were good. the trip went smooth.

Operator's comment: Hi Pansy, Thanks so much for your review, I sincerely hope you had a blast Straying with us!

6th January 2020
Stray - Big North Pass (North Island)
VG

Veronica Gahagan

What an awesome trip, route and choice of activities! It was the most exciting trip ever. Stray provide cool, knowledgeable and fun bus drivers/guides. Romeo made the Bay of Islands link most memorable. Lightning is a highly skilled driver and made the road to Blue Duck farm a piece of cake! I thoroughly enjoyed his riddles, sense of humour, jokes, cooking skills, fascinating facts and nothing was too much trouble. Thanks!

Operator's comment: So happy to hear you had such an awesome time! We'll be sure to pass your great feedback onto Romeo and Lightning :)

15th December 2019
Stray - Short South Pass (South Island)
L

Lisapotter

Chilli was an amazing driver, he was considerate. Went out of his way to welcome every single person on the group Even on his days off he was so approachable and helpful. It was his first trip but he was so knowledgeable of the country always telling us fun facts. He made my experience so enjoyable! I hope you all have him for at least one part of your journey

Operator's comment: Hey Lisa, Thanks so much for your amazing review of one of our newest drivers, Chilli! He'll be thrilled to hear he made your time in New Zealand so special :)

3rd December 2019
Stray - Short North Pass (North Island)
HV

Henning Vogt

Stray is an amazing way to travel around New Zealand and meeting new travel minded people in the same time. Highly recommended!

Operator's comment: Hi Henning! Thanks for the awesome review, we hope to have you on the bus again sometime soon :)

29th November 2019