Overall
Value for money
Tom Yum Freestyle Tour (Thailand, Laos)
EM

Elizabeth Middleton

The other people we met on the tour were great! We had a fantastic trip. Thanks!

3rd January 2019
Long Laos Pass (Laos)

Stephanie Garde

Stray Asia gave us the opportunity to discover wonderful places of Laos! The trip is very well organized and our guides (Pat and Sonny) were amazing, eager to share their culture with us, always smiling and overall welcoming. It was a pleasure to spent time with them and (share a few beers)! We would strongly recommend the experience!

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for your recommendation and for taking the time to write us a review :) We're so glad you enjoyed your trip through Laos with Stray.

9th November 2018
Mekong Freestyle Tour (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia)
C

CarolineFreund

I really had a great time. Time flies so I had to say good-bye to those who head to Vietnam today. Our guide Tra did an excellent job and supported us whenever he could. Also a very good entertainer by the way...Thank you so much!!

28th September 2018
J

Joedean

Sunny was a bundle of joy, he was fantastic from the get go and nothing was never too much. He was always willing to go the extra mile and ensuring the party was always there with loads of Hong tong. I couldn’t recommend sunny enough, not only is he a fantastic tour guide but he also has a beautiful personality, thanks sunny.

17th September 2018
L

LukeRobertson

We have done the Cambodia section of the pass, Unfortunately we jump of today and leave Samol today. He has been an excellent tour leader. Samol got the whole group together and his knowledge of Cambodia was amazing. I have been on many stray tours and he is has been one of the best leaders so far. Thanks stray for a great time.

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for your review and your awesome feedback about Samol :) We're so glad you're having a great time travelling with us.

31st August 2018
Lot Pass (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam)

Samantha Lindars

An amazing itinerary and visits most places you’d want to go in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. The Laos tour guides were particularly amazing (Pao and La). Transport and border crossings were very easy, just as I wanted. There are a few improvements to be made though. Firstly the accommodation was always questionable and I rarely chose to stay in the Stray choice. It would always be good to be able to stay in more places for 3 nights, as 1/2 was too often short but 5/6 was too many if you hopped off. Finally I often found that my group had less than 3 people and no more than 7 ever, it would have been good to have known this in advance as it forced me to hop off when I did not want to.

Operator's comment: Thanks for your review and suggestions Samantha. The Stray accommodation we recommend is usually local guest houses, hostels and basic hotels, and we know this doesn't always suit everyone's accommodation style, but that's the beauty of having the freedom to choose what suits you and your budget. In low season (May - September) group sizes are often smaller. We are also working towards more departures and hope to increase departures when volume increases. We are glad that overall you had a great time, enjoyed the itinerary and traveling with our local guides. Thank you for the feedback :)

10th August 2018
Mekong Pass (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia)
H

HannahNash

Onh was an amazing tour guide and gave us all so much guidance and support. He became a friend to each of us and made the trip so special for everyone. Definitely would recommend!

Operator's comment: Thanks for your review Hannah. We love to hear how our local guides made a difference to your travel experience.

10th August 2018
Lot Pass (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam)
C

CarolynMitchell

I want to give a great big shout out to our guide through Laos, Ohn, he was AWESOME !!! He made our Laos adventure amazing in every way. Thanks MATE !!

Operator's comment: Thanks so much Carolyn :) We're glad you loved your Laos adventure with our local legendary guide Ohn!

13th June 2018
Little Mekong Pass (Thailand, Laos)
G

GeorgeBarrass

Really good value for money. Save loads of hassle not having to book buses. Buses are really reliable. Get tips of best bars/hostels/not-on-tripadvisor attractions to go to from local tour guides. Really good itinerary. Tour guides really friendly and helpful. Big mention to Tra Tra - our Cambodian guide, was great fun, was really helpful, even organised an early birthday surprise at the rooftop bar since friend was leaving just before his birthday. Another thanks to Keo - again was really fun, spoke really good english, and helped me get my passport back when I accidentally left it at the previous accommodation which was hours away.

Operator's comment: Thanks George! We really appreciate the review. We're glad you enjoyed the no-hassle style of travel and the destinations we visit and had a great time travelling with our local guides.

25th April 2018
EL

Emily Loveday

Stray provide great local tour guides and take you to some amazing places, plus they make crossing the borders a piece of cake. Group size ranged from 5 people to 44! I did the Lot Flexi tour in the minimum 40 days without hopping off anywhere, but I would recommend allowing more time, as there were a few occasions where I didn't have time to do some of the activities I would have liked to have done because I already had some activities included in the Flexi tour - but this wouldn't be a problem if you had time to hop off and do both! Favourite places were Chiang Mai, Kong Lor, Siem Reap and Hoi An. Stray Asia was not quite as organised as Stray New Zealand with clipboards passed round the bus every morning, but everything is so relaxed here and it makes travelling all the more enjoyable! Thank you to Day, La, Tra-Tra and Mia for being so nice and helpful all the time!

Operator's comment: Hi Emily, thank you so much for the great review! We're glad you liked the destinations on the Lot tour and our Stray Asia local tour guides. Thanks for travelling with Stray in New Zealand and Southeast Asia...we have a few new destinations on the radar so hopefully we'll see you again some day! :)

4th April 2018