14 reviews for 18 tours
PT

Pam Thomas

Our family of two adults and two teens went on the Saronic Islands and Peleponnese tour with Dionysus in July. Due to bookings being down from COVID we were the only ones, and Dionysus was very flexible with us in adding on two days to see the sites of Olympia and Delphi in addition to the advertised route. The whole thing was well worth the price and enjoyed by the whole family, albeit with different favorite activities. Pros: well organized, good variety of activities, guide and drivers very knowledgeable and personable, a lot of inclusions. Cons (not really cons but areas that could improve): admission fees to the sites and local guides are not included, sometimes a lack of communication regarding departure times or itinerary, we didn't really stick to the itinerary although we did eventually do everything on the list. If you take this tour, bring your own towel for the swimming and be prepared to be flexible regarding itinerary and promised inclusions. For example, it says 5 dinners and two lunches included, but in reality we had all of our lunches paid for and 2 dinners. Not a big deal, we were totally ok with it, but just different from what was written. Bottom line, we would go again with Epos.

12th July 2021

Angela L. Dansby

I found Greek-run, family-owned Epos Travel & Tours online last summer and I'm so happy I did! George, who founded it 3 years ago, and his son, Dionysis, are Greek mythology gurus with story after story. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about the Peloponnese, Greece's southerly peninsula that's rugged, beautiful and undiscovered compared to other tourist destinations. It's also known for agricultural production, teeming with vineyards and olive trees. Growing up in this region, George and Dionysis offer great insider tours and wonderful Greek hospitality. Besides, with a guide named after the Greek god of wine, you can't go wrong. :)

6th November 2020
Tracing the Steps of Hercules in the Peloponnese and Delphi 10 days
B

BeckyW

We recently completed the 10-day tour “Tracing the Steps of Hercules in the Peloponnese”; it was a truly wonderful adventure. We made stops at most of the legendry locations for Hercules’ 12 Labors. But in addition to that we experienced the many famous and little known sites in the Peloponnese of multiple eras: from the time of Homer to the powerful kings of Mycenae to isolated monasteries from the Byzantine age and up into the influences of the Venetians only 200 years ago. It was the diversity in both sites and activities that kept the trip lively and fulfilling. Our days were loaded: in the morning we might visit a ruin and museum, have a leisurely lunch at a beach taking in a swim and then off to another site, ending the day at one of a number pleasant towns. We traveled from the sea to the mountains, from ancient to not quite as old, from small cities to tiny villages and from touristy to remote. Some of the roads, I know, I would never have found (much less driven) and thus missed the unique experience around it’s corner. We had special treats of wine tasting, hidden beaches, old olive press techniques and homage to the little known Temple of Hercules. Thank you George and company for providing us such a well-rounded and fun filled trip.

Operator's comment: Thank you very much Becky for this welcome exciting review which makes me really happy. It was a pleasure for me to see everyday you and your husband enjoying this legendary journey. I enjoyed it too. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon. Best regards George

7th October 2019

Brent Dahlseng

George was extremely knowledgeable about the area. This small tour was fun and tailored to our interests. A truly wonderful experience that we will remember fondly. We highly recommend the Circular Tour of the Peloponnese! Book it and enjoy! Thank you George for a remarkable time in Greece. Wish we were back riding the Mediterranean waves

Operator's comment: Thank you very much for this nice review Brent. Both Jody and you were an excellent company. It was a pleasure for me to be travelling with you for ten days!

8th September 2019
BO

bella orgad

The tour was varied in activity. It included walks, boating, swimming, and visiting cultural sites. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable in Greek history, culture and architecture. He succeeded in making us fall in love with Greece.

27th August 2019
MM

Michael Masendycz

The tour was excellent with sensational views over the high steep hills into the tiny sea coves with lovely little villages. Lots of swimming in the many little and varied beaches. A small tour group with a passionate tour guide with heaps of local and historic knowledge and an excellent driver safely driving through the never ending awkward bends. This tour of the Peloponnese is not to be missed.

Operator's comment: Dear Elizabeth and Michael, Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am happy you enjoyed the Circular Tour of the Peloponnese. I enjoyed it too. Your company was lovely and relaxing. A really nice and kind couple to remember.

6th July 2019
Tracing the Steps of Hercules in the Peloponnese 7 days
M

MarijanaBojic

I had the most remarkable tour with Epos Travel & Tours company. First of all, I would like to give a credit to the exceptional organization of this company, which this journey made adventurous, fun and knowledgeable at the same time. My travel guide was very qualified and dedicated to making this Peloponnese itinerary as pleasant as possible. I was amazed by the professionalism that this company serves. Each activity was performed in exciting and anxiety free way. I was very pleased with the diversity of this trip which it makes so special for me, such as rafting down the Lusios River, then discovering a cave of unique beauty formed by stalactites and stalagmites, after exploring Mycenae the legendary kingdom of the Atreides; tasting the exquisite Nemean wines in high quality wineries etc. I am writing this so that people can have an adequate insight into this unique itinerary that this company provides. I am convinced that you will enjoy it and feel truly positive vibes that we all search for when we embark on an adventurous journey.

27th April 2019
Tracing the Steps of Hercules in the Peloponnese 7 days
C

Coline

[Original Text] Le voyage c'est très bien passé! Un tour authentique qui sort des sentiers battus, que nous avons apprécié! Une organisation au top! Merci au guide pour les connaissances qu'il nous a apporter et pour son savoir faire! Je reviendrais sans hésitation! Merci pour tout!

24th April 2019
A

Anastasia

Excited that I got to live such a unique experience with my friends. Surely one of the best travels, fascinating and well-organized. I loved the boat experience from Aegina to Moni Island. I would highly recommend it!

17th January 2019
P

Pablo

A magnificent tour in Peloponeso - from a different point of view! you will get to know the area perfectly, the contact with local people and activities will be non-stop. My partner and I really enjoyed it due to the mixture of cultural activities and also the nature. Everything was very well organised. The journey on the boat to the islands of Aegina and Hydra with the sunsets while enjoying the food on the boat was something magical.... We'll be back!!

12th January 2019