158 reviews for 52 tours

Sara Elizabeth Acree

Firstly, there is a lack of communication as to when and where you first meet your group. I happened to be at the hotel when the guide showed up and called up to my room to say he was here for the Lima tour that starts at 2. He had my schedule for the rest of the tour which was nice. As soon as I booked this trip, 6 days before it started, I received an email asking about any food allergies and so I felt that I would have a positive experience. Arriving in Peru there were very few people that spoke English, specially workers at the airport, who would just shout out you louder in Spanish like now I understand you. I was unaware until the evening of day two that I was the only person in the small group tour of up to eight people. One of the main reasons I booked the tour was to meet people from all over the world and get to experience Peru's many beauties together. Both the hotel in Lima and Cusco were under construction and had internet / heating issues. My personal guide was offended by question I asked at a tour and so the day was over and I was taking back to the hotel without a goodbye or discussion of the next day as we had done previously. I was in the hotel maybe five minutes before the front desk called to say that someone from the tour company was going to pick me up at 7:30 because I was unhappy. I said is the tout over and are they sending me back to the US early? She couldn't answer this. I tried emailing and calling the local office with no response. Someone did call the front desk and was transferred to my room to say that he was stopping by to give me a ticket to a dinner show as an apology for my representative being 20 minutes late picking me up from the airport in Cusco and to see why I was unhappy with the tour. I explained to him that I felt very isolated because not many people speak English and I'm on a tour by myself which is really keeping me my head and I was trying to get out of my head. He was nice but sometimes insulting with his responses. For instance, when I mentioned the language barrier, he said I should learn Spanish. I replied valid point but given that I booked this 5 days prior to flying out, it wasn't possible. In the end he took me to dinner and switch me to a group which was nice but only for the last 3 days of my tour. also, the guides didn't always give you the details about the cost of things in these local villages and it made you look like an ass if you didn't have the money that you didn't know you were supposed to pay for things. The lack of communication was frustrating. Also, surveys were handed out by the guides to rate them and then the last guide, that took us to the floating islands and then to a local island with a host family overnight, handed the surveys out 3 hours before the tour was over on our way back to puno and then read the surveys while we were all sleeping and was very upset and commented on and on the way back

5 days ago
J

Jan

We thoroughly enjoyed our 8 day tour “Southern Treasures-Peru.”Percy, our tour guide was informative and clearly his love and passion for his country was obvious. The travel arrangements, hotels, meals and itinerary all were planned exceptionally well and our tour went off without a hitch. Would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to experience an overview of Peru.

Operator's comment: Dear Jan, thank you very much for your review. Our guide Percy is more than happy with your review, he feels that he could provide you a great experience during the whole trip. We hope you come back soon! Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

16th January 2020
LM

Lesley Moynihan

We really enjoyed our tour, all the hotels were lovely, our guides great, they had a wealth of knowledge, were very prompt and let us know everything we needed to know. Gave us the required help. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour, had everything in it that we needed and expected.

Operator's comment: Dear Lesley, thank you very much for your commentary. For us, it's good to know that you really enjoyed all the tours with the company of our guide Percy and all our staff. Thank you so much for the trust placed in us, Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

15th January 2020
AH

Anne Hergarden

It was an adventure of a lifetime! So much fun and so well planned! Couldn’t have been any better.

Operator's comment: Dear Anne, thank you very much for your review. It's a pleasure to know that you had an adventure of a lifetime with the company of our staff. We hope you come back soon! Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

12th January 2020
SS

Susan Pistillo SEAMANDS

Our tour guide Jonathan who works with Inkanyi in Cusco was outstanding! He took the time to answer all our questions, always allowed us to go at our own pace and has a deep understanding and reverence for all the sites we visited. He made our once in a lifetime dream trip even more impactful and memorable. Thanks Inkanyi and thanks Jonathan!

Operator's comment: Dear Susan, many thanks for your commentary. For us it's good to know that you had an impactful and memorable trip during your tour with the company of our guide Jonathan, he feels that he did a good job. Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

11th January 2020
MS

Michael Sliwka

Jaime was an exceptional guide. Informative, kind, and funny!

Operator's comment: Dear Michael, thank you so much for your review, we are happy to know that you had an exceptional guided with the company of our guide Jaime, all our staff is grateful for your kind words. Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

10th January 2020
DH

David Hinton

Our 10 day tour was the highlight of our 2 months in South America. Our comments are as follows: * Ronald and Guido were exceptional guides and caring men. Nothing was too much trouble, took care of every detail, and could answer most of our questions about culture, structures and the environment. The were very pleasant always concerned for our welfare. In the high altitudes were we struggled the were very patient and often carried our bags. They obviously loved their country and being a guide - this was contagious to us. Thanks so much guys. * Hotels were all adequate and comfortable with good breakfasts. * Transfer were always on time, drivers pleasant and helpful. * Flights were good. * Organisation great, even with an unexpected change of guides. * The Homestay was really special, comfortable, grand views and lovely hosts. * We struggled with the highest altitudes, but managed with the guides support. Big thank you to Inkayni tours for showing us Peru. David & Jacoba Hinton

Operator's comment: Dear David, We are happy to know that everything was perfect and you enjoyed a fantastic tour with the company of our guides Ronald and Guido, it's perfect to know that they took care of every detail. For us, it's good to know your review. Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

8th January 2020
PN

Piotr Narel

My wife and I can't recommend Inkayni Peru Tours enough. Our guide Herlin was an amazing person with an incredible amount of knowledge about Peru, its people, and its history. He was always genuinely concerned with ensuring that we were having a good time and provided us with a once-in-a-lifetime experience. He will forever have a place in our hearts. There is a reason that so many of the reviews for this tour company are so overwhelmingly positive. Though we spent most of our time with Herlin, we interacted with other tour guides, drivers, and staff of other companies that work with Inkayni. There is nothing to be cynical about here—these are fantastic people offering a fantastic service who deserve your business. I would have a hard time believing that there is a better way to experience Peru.

Operator's comment: Dear Piotr, many thanks for your sincere words, for us it's apleasure to know that you had a good time and we could provided you a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Our guide Herlin and all our staf is grateful with you because you allowed us be part of your fantastic experience in Peru. Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

3rd January 2020
XL

Xing Lu

The small group tour is well organized. Our guide Jonny is cool and awesome! The only problem we encountered is the mechanical problem of the bus to Puno. Everything else is fantastic!

Operator's comment: Dear Xing Lu, It's good to know that your group tour was well organized during all the trip. We hope this little inconvenience with the bus to Puno hasn't been of high impact. Hoping you come back soon! Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

2nd January 2020
SR

SAMUEL RAVIKUMAR SAMUEL JESUDAS

We had a wonderful experience with INKAYNI Tours, especially our Guide throughout the tour PERCY. He is thoroughly knowledgeable and professional. He did everything possible to ensure our comfort and well-being! KUDOS to INKAYNI!

Operator's comment: Dear Samuel, We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time with the company of our guide Percy and all our staff. Your review helps them to continue improving, thank you so much for your sincere words. Kind regards, INAKYNI PERU TOURS.

25th December 2019