Overall

Brendan Reidy

I took a trip with Horizon Sail almost exactly a year ago now and it is still on my mind, so much so that I have returned to leave a review. I met the most amazing group of people on my trip and Nicola couldn't have been a host - she was absolutely amazing. Don't even get me started on the food, those lunches were honestly some of the best meals I've ever eaten. Highly recommend this if you're after a good quality trip with other quality people.

Operator's comment: Thank you very much for this excellent review, Brendan. It's greatly appreciated and it was an absolute pleasure to have you aboard last year! Nicola.

15th July 2020

Chelsea Pearson

Horizon Sail is the BEST! I wanted to say the point of my review first so that anyone thinking about booking would take the time to hear about all the amazing things they have to offer and ultimately know they were making the best decision for their vacation. My husband and I knew we wanted to visit Croatia and the Dalmatian Coast and after searching a travel group on Facebook for Dubrovnik recommendations, I saw a post by Nicola, one of the owners and guides for Horizon. I decided to message her for more information and it was the best thing I could have done. She responded very quickly with their brochure and website. The pictures and itinerary looked amazing right off the bat. We decided on the classic experience based on our needs, timing and budget. We had a few questions regarding accommodation needs and Nicola responded so quickly and was able to answer all our questions. We did the ‘Go North Sail’, from Dubrovnik to Split. We stayed in Dubrovnik a few nights before and were even able to meet up with the group the night before the sail at the famous Ravelin club in an old fortress. The next day we embarked on the sail. We have never done a trip like this with other travelers and were a little nervous but the warm welcome and friendly crew right off put us at ease. The crew and Horizon Sail guides are passionate about Croatia and the Adriatic Sea and want to make sure the people on their trips not only have a nice getaway but leave with a genuine appreciation of the country, the environment, history and people of this beautiful place. Some sail companies that offer week long live aboard sails are heavily party focused or for a much older demographic, we wanted something in between and what we got was perfect! Everyone on board was like minded and ready for adventure, travel and a good time. We booked Horizon for several reasons. The inclusions, like the entrance into Mljet National Park, the wine tasting in Jelsa, the roof top fortress bar in Korcula, deals in different ports and breakfast/ lunches and daily swim stops. We could have never put such an amazing itinerary on our own. The daily swim stops were a highlight. We would jump off the boat and into the pristine water and explore each port and all the charms they all had to offer. The food on board was incredible! The chef does magic in the tiny boat galley, serving 3 course lunches that were filling and delicious. The Value, with everything on board, fair prices on onboard alcohol, inclusions in port and having a floating hotel for a week made the trip affordable and reasonable in a somewhat expensive destination compared to other places we have traveled. Besides all the amazing things the islands and towns had to offer the best part was the vibe and connections we made with other travelers. Because of the swim stops, daily lunches and briefings before each stop and subsequent exploring we were able to all make these amazing connections and relationships with everyone on board. By the end of the week we had 17 new best friends from all over the world. Nothing felt forced, or exclusive or awkward. The setting was relaxing, casual and genuine. The people who own Horizon Sail, which we met all of them throughout the week at different points, and the crew pour their heart and souls into showing their guests the beautiful and unique experiences that Croatia has to offer. I could talk for hours about the amazing time we had but you should experience it yourself. You will not be disappointed booking with Horizon Sail!

Operator's comment: Thank you very much Chelsea for taking the time to leave us such a detailed and incredible review! It is lovely to read and very much appreciated. It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you and Rory aboard, and we are so pleased to thoroughly enjoyed every moment of your trip with us!

2nd October 2019
J

Jonathan

I had such a great trip sailing with these guys and would definitely recommend it to anyone wishing to go on a nice and relaxing holiday (and sneak in a little culture while you're at it). Overall, it was fantastic. The crew were super friendly and helpful. The guide, Nicola, was incredibly knowledgeable, accommodating, caring, thoughtful and patient. And the food... probably was the highlight for me! A full three course meal for lunch everyday got us through the exciting agenda each day and kept us anxiously wondering what was on the menu the next day. 10/10 would do again!

Operator's comment: Thank you for your review Johnathan! We are so pleased you had an enjoyable week with us and it was a pleasure to have you on board.

6th September 2019

Linnea Langford

Everything was amazing!!!

Operator's comment: Thank you Linnea for your review! We are so pleased you found everything amazing during your trip.

2nd September 2019

Elisa Fiorito

The week on the boat was amazing! Our guide Ollie and the crew had everything under control and organized a lot of very nice activities. We didn’t have to think about anything and just relax. Ollie was really good at giving tips about what to do and suggesting restaurants to go to in the different places. We had a good balance of organized activities and freedom and I think we all had a blast! The boat environment was very friendly and I think even when you are a solo traveller you can feel included in the group. I would absolutely recommend Horizon Sail to everyone!

Operator's comment: Thank you Elisa for your great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed the trip with us.

30th August 2019

Shauna Doran

Horizon is the company for you if you want to have an amazing, relaxing week where you get the perfect mix of soaking up the rays, swimming through the crystal clear Adriatic, soaking up the history and culture, eating incredible local cuisine and enjoying a few drinks. The perfect holiday, where the only thing required of you is to show up and relax, and all the hard work is done by an amazing crew and guide! My only regret is that I can't give everything about this trip more than 5 stars! It was an incredible experience with some incredible people made all the better by unbelievable food and great insights by a fantastic guide! Nicola was able to recommend great places to eat in each location and direct you to all the must-see sights every step of the way. She is also great at given help and recommendations beyond the tour if you are continuing your adventure around Croatia! I don't have words to describe how incredible an experience it is to get to see all these wonderful places with such an amazing person leading the way! The Captain's BBQ, numerous swim stops, wine tastings and the sunset cocktails in a fortress are just some of the great highlights of this unforgettable week. By the end of the week, your group will feel like family and you will not want to leave. Thank you Horizon for being the best part of my Croatian adventure!

Operator's comment: Thank you very much Shauna for your excellently detailed review! It is very much appreciated, and it was an absolute pleasure welcoming you on board. Nicola.

27th August 2019

Salanieta Naivalulevu

Travelling with Horizon Sail was an incredible experience! Straight away we were made to feel welcome by the guide and crew. The smaller numbers of passengers suited us well- we got to know every one quickly and easily- we became like a family. The meals onboard were amazing! Big portion sizes, home-style cooking that catered to all dietary needs. We were able to discover some less tourist-driven areas during our tour and the guide also taught us some of the history of Croatia. The itinerary was fairly relaxed with sufficient time for both swimming/sun-bathing and exploring the towns. The winery tour was a big highlight for us! This was less of a ‘party boat’ atmosphere that suited us very well. There was also a variety of ages and nationalities on board (not just Kiwis/Aussies) which was refreshing. Our guide was 10/10 amazing! She made us all feel welcome and comfortable, she kept us up to date with the itinerary, introduced us to some ‘hidden gems’ e.g. craft beer/cocktail bars, best photo viewing spots etc. and became a real friend to us all. Overall I cannot recommend Horizon Sail enough! Excellent value for money and a life changing experience.

Operator's comment: Thank you Sala for taking the time to leave a wonderful review! It is greatly appreciated and it was a pleasure to have you and Nate aboard. Nicola.

21st August 2019
C

Cina

Absolutely loved my week sailing with Nicola and Horizon Sail!!! The itinerary was incredible, really felt like we actually saw Croatia not just the hotspots. The three course lunches were incredible too and I really cannot say enough about how hospitable Zoran and the crew were working tirelessly to keep us all clean, tidy, fed and safe. The layout of each day was dreamy with breakfast each morning after 8am; mid morning swim stops in idyllic bays, and afternoons spent exploring the island for the night. Was the perfect, most relaxing week of my life. Could not fault it!!! If you're considering; BOOK NOW. You will not regret it!!!

Operator's comment: Thank you Cina for your wonderful review! We are so glad you had the most relaxing week and we appreciate the recommendation! It was a pleasure to meet you. Nicola.

20th August 2019
KM

Karen McKay

I had a fantastic time sailing in Croatia with Horizon! Everywhere we visited was just beautiful, everything was really well organised and the crew were lovely and really looked after us. The food was amazing! Our group was a mix of solo travellers (myself included), couples, friends and siblings, with a wide age range (21 to 50-something) - everyone got on brilliantly, I have made loads of new friends and we had so many laughs! I wasn't looking for a party boat so the mix of relaxing on deck, long swim stops, exploring wee island towns, nice dinners and chilled evenings with a few drinks and a couple of party nights out suited me perfectly. There are loads of inclusions on this trip that I didn't see on others - the wine tasting in Jelsa was a particular highlight! Nicola was a fab tour guide - great fun and part of the group while making sure everything ran smoothly. We couldn't sail on the first day due to stormy weather, so she took us out for dinner and made sure we had a great night, and adjusted the itinerary to make sure we didn't have to miss anything out. Thank you for an amazing week!

16th August 2019
R

Rob

Horizon Sail are Epic! Had a truly amazing week with a crew, guide and group that could not be replaced. Communication leading up to the trip was exceptional from Nicola, highlighting everything we needed to know well in advance. As for the trip itself, for me, it was pitched exactly how I would have imagined it.... an idealistic 7 days travelling the Dalmatian coast with a healthy mix of beautiful scenery, great food (provided by our on board chef), fun activities (who doesn't love a wine tour?), top notch swim stops, a bubbly and knowledgeable guide (Nicola) and a group of people who were liked minded and wanted to have good fun. I highly recommend Horizon Sail, all their Guides and especially Nicola as she made our time travelling extremely entertaining and educational!

Operator's comment: Thank you very much Rob for your excellent review! We appreciate it hugely and it was an absolute pleasure having you aboard. Nicola.

13th August 2019