70 reviews for 10 tours
Cycle Cambodia - 11 Days
AN

Anders Nilsmark

My wife and me made this tour early February, and I think it was a huge experience! Cycling through the remote areas makes you see so much more, and in some occations make you interact with locals. It was fun, and sometimes also challenging. The NGO presentations/meetings we had really made an impression. How impressive these people are that are SO dedicated in their mission! We really learnt a lot, and will keep om spreading the word. Buntry and Heom were great companions to make our journey as pleasant

Operator's comment: Hi Anders, we're so pleased you had an amazing time! Can't wait to ride with you again!

15th February 2020
Cycle Cambodia - 11 Days
E

Ellie

Buntree and Mr. Hom (guides) were both wonderful. Buntree in particular went out of his way on every step of the trip to make us laugh, to make us feel at home and to share his deep knowledge. I cannot say enough how much I appreciated his work.

14th February 2020
Cycle Vietnam to Laos - 18 Days
C

CecileEspost

I highly recommend travelling with Social Cycles (SC). I have just completed my second SE Asia trip with SC. The owner Brett's passion, commitment and professionalism shine through consistently and he continually strives to enhance/ improve the tours, which is admirable. The NGO focus is one of the reasons I travel with SC. I found these visits so educational, informative and creating awareness of such important situations, causes, challenges existing I may previously have been unaware of. Travelling off main routes and very often through the countryside allows one to see and experience some of the more "real and non-tourist" layers of the country and simply makes the experience more authentic and special. The group sizes have been perfect, the natural camaraderie that develops means there also always seems to be fun had too! I can't wait for my next SC trip, it's a permanent feature of my ongoing travel planning!

Operator's comment: Thanks Cecile! So great travelling with you! Already looking forward to the next one. Let's do Mongolia next!

2nd January 2020

Liam Brotchie

We had an amazing time with Brett and the group in Cambodia and Vietnam, the cycling was fun and varied, with some easy days and some strenuous days. We cycled through small villages and bigger cities, through leafy trails and across rice paddies. The NGO visits were truly interesting and educational, the food was great, the hotels were comfy and everyone was very nice. Looking forward to going on another trip with Social Cycles! Andrea + Liam

Operator's comment: Hey guys! Thank you so much for the kind words! It was great riding with you both too! Hope you had an awesome Christmas and New Year and looking forward to seeing you on your next adventure with us!

24th December 2019
Cycle Cambodia to Vietnam - 12 Days
S

StephenAshen

4 minutes ago Our 12 day tour from Phnom Penh to Saigon was an absolutely amazing trip. Our international group all gelled, we made new friends and we had a great time seeing the real countryside at bike pace rather than just whizzing through it in a bus. I wore my hand out waving to all the happy locals and went hoarse shouting hi in return. Both Cambodia and Vietnam are absolutely stunning countries recovering from a difficult recent past; everyone there is so happy seemingly living a very simple life which is a great lesson. All the tour guides were absolutely brilliant and freely shared their knowledge of the countries; I only wish there were bananas, pineapple, water, an ice bucket and sugar cane juice every 90 minutes on my rides in the UK. The itinerary was well structured including rest days to allow recovery from the days cycling in the heat. The insight into the NGO operations via their talks was sobering and it was rewarding to be able to give something back in the donation debate at the end in Saigon. I would definitely do a trip with them again.

19th December 2019
Cycle Cambodia to Vietnam - 12 Days
J

JackieAshen

The tour was a brilliant experience. We loved getting off the beaten track and can't think of a better way of experiencing Cambodia and Vietnam for the first time. The tour was very well organised and the guides and support staff were exceptional. It was a nice mixture of cycling, visiting NGOs, other activities and free time. We had really good fun, met some great people.and got fit at the same time.

19th December 2019

margtaplinhotmailcom

With a good variety of terrains and experiences, this tour offered something for everyone in our group, ranging in age from 20s to 70s. In the warm climate, the Social Cycles team did a great job of ensuring we were comfortable, cool and hydrated. The hotels were of a good standard, which was welcome at the end of the day's cycling.

13th December 2019
A

AllanTucker

No need for clip in pedals but bring your own bicycle seat if you have one but those on the bikes are ok.

malcolmCowan

My wife and I have cycled independently and with groups through Europe, Asia and America. We have volunteered in Laos with an NGO and seen the failures of well-meaning aid projects. For those who have not had this experience Social Cycles tours are truly a “Life Changing Experience”. For us, it gave us an in-depth view of Cambodia and the Mekong Delta. We visited five NGOs, all focused, well organised and doing great work with communities to which we were able to make a meaningful contribution. We met dedicated and inspiring people and traveled with like-minded people discussing what we were experiencing, as well as having a lot of fun. In addition, the itinerary was fascinating, the food delicious and the activities varied. There is enough free time to do your own thing or relax. The challenges are there for bike riders and there is always the bus. The guides and support staff are exceptional and add another local dimension to the trip. Brett has really nailed it with this tour, just do it.

MarieSpencer

The tour was a fantastic experience! Being able to get off the beaten track and meet local people and find out about their issues via the NGOs was a major plus. Very well organised and comfortable hotels at the end of a day's cycling. Great.

Operator's comment: Thanks Marie! So pleased you had such a great time and got so much out of the time spent with the NGOs!