134 reviews for 22 tours
JF

JOHN FEILKE

Sal was great, Was like touring with family.

Operator's comment: Dear John, many thanks for your commentary, we are happy to know that you had a great tour together with our staff. We hope you have the best memories of us. Come back soon! Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

15 hours ago
RG

Roberta Gust

Franco undoubtedly Made our trip memorable, safe and fun. He was kind, funny and so informative. His knowledge of the history of Peru was so fascinating. Without his company and guidance, our experiences in Peru would not have been the same. Thank you Franco!

Operator's comment: Dear Roberta, Thank you so much for your review, Franco and all our staff is grateful for your commentary because it helps us to continue improving in the service provided to our clients. Hope you come back soon. Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

5 days ago
JH

Jocelyn Hannusch

This was a great tour to see Peru! I was the only traveller so it was fun to have a personal guide throughout. The hotels were adorable and clean and located close to the areas of town where it was best to explore. Julio was great telling me all about the Inca heritage and of course Machu Picchu was a highlight. Only one meal was included, even though it was mentioned that two were included but for me this wasn’t a huge deal. Overall I really enjoyed this trip. I could sit back and relax and let the professionals take me to my next destination. I recommend this trip for anyone who wants to see Peru from more of a historical perspective as opposed to an adventure and hiking one. The most challenging physical activity I did was of course the Huayna Picchu hike which I totally recommend as long as you know your body and you know you can handle the heights and the steep uneven stairs. Julio was great as he did not rush me and let me take my sweet old time - the view is worth it! Thanks for a great tour!

Operator's comment: Dear Jocelyn, many thanks for your commentary. We are happy to know that you had a great tour to see Peru with the company of our guide Julio, everybody are grateful with your review because it help us to continue providing the best services to our future clients. We hope you can come back soon! Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

6th October 2019
VF

Vicki Freind

Our tour was more fun than expected if that could be possible, included activities suited our wide age group and optional extra activities were also a lot of fun. Franco always made sure that our group was having fun and engaged.

Operator's comment: Dear Vicki, many thanks for your commentary. We are happy to know that the tour was more fun than you expected with the company of our staff, everybody are grateful with your kind words because it help us to continue providing the best services to our future clients. We hope you can come back soon! Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

5th October 2019
DM

Deborah Muscha

Transportation and meeting times were prompt. Vehicles clean. Amazing sites, incredible history, somewhat difficult hike but well-worth effort. The porters were amazing, always had tents set-up when I arrived at camp. Some dishes excellent, lunches and dinner selections were mostly served hot, very welcome after a long hike. Big portions and good variety. Good value. Friendly courteous staff and a well regarded guide who tried to anticipate needs and point out vegetation, birds, things that a distracted or tired hiker might miss. Saw two Condors numerous times, natives playing flutes along portion of trail. My favorite part (besides no more ascents:) was descending into Sacred Valley on final day and seeing clouds slowly part to expose the magnificent and immense ruins of Macchu Picchu. Seeing Macchu from above was a ‘....ripple in time’...a moment I will never forget! There are many ruins along the way too, each an incredible destination in itself. Also saw village life and animals along first portion of trail. It was like ‘living’ National Geographic:) Recommendations to hikers: have ample battery, wipes, bug protection (they weren’t horrible but present at points), take own foam or blowup mattress to use in addition to provided, and own diligence in understanding the length of hike and it’s challenges. It is an amazing hike and Highly Recommended but know that a ‘two hour uphill’ may mean ‘three hour’ depending on hiking skills. Be prepared for weather changes and possibily, one of the Best Experiences/Hikes of your life. Visit the friendly people, amazing culture and fascinating history of this country! Recommend this company, they are locally owned and support their employees.

Operator's comment: Dear Deborah, thank you so much for your comment. We are happy to know that you had one of the best experiences of your life, even more if you did it in the company of our staff. We hope you have the best memories of us. Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

17th September 2019
AK

Aurora Bunag King

Great itinerary, centrally located and comfortable boutique hotels, plus personalized service by tour guide and driver. Excellent value for a comprehensive tour if Cusco and the Sacred Valley! Highly recommended!

Operator's comment: Dear Aurora, thank you so much for your commentary and recommendation, we are hapy to know that you had a personalized service with the company of our staff. Everybody thanks you because you allowed us be part of your experience in Cusco. Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

11th September 2019

Danielle Stellrecht

We lucked out when we booked an 8-12 person tour that only we showed up for. We had a private tour for the whole 7 days with Franco (tour guide) and Miguel (driver). They were truly above and beyond what I what we would expect from a tour guide. They assisted with luggage, opened doors, and were generally just enjoyable to be around. It was never awkward spending the majority of the day with just two other people. Franco taught us a lot and made me much more interested in Inka culture and Peru in general. He was a great sport when I was throwing a barrage of questions at him. I would highly recommend Inkyani tours. We got to meet Edgar and Carolina at the Chinchero Boutique Hotel (owners of Inkyani Tours). They and their team were incredibly hospitable, we even got HUGS. It truly felt like you were welcomed into the Inkyani tour family even though there were only two of us. When we brought too much luggage to Machu Picchu, our tour guide brought back our giant suitcase that probably weighted 60 lbs home with him on the commuter train. They even offered to move us hotels at Hutan Samay when we got no sleep. They provided us recommendations, and even made a special stop to help look for a bag I was wanting. I cannot say enough good things about the whole team and the experience. A few notes: 1. I would say this trip is geared a little more toward the traditional tourist that wants to keep it more high-level. We personally like to feel more ingrained in the local culture, and this was definitely more touristy. Our tour guide did make our non-tour stops feel more like we got insight into the local people though and that was much appreciated. The tour is called the "Inka tour," not "culture today in Peru" so it's not a ding on the tour. It was interesting though, how much of Peru seemed to segregate the tourists from the locals. We had to really go look to see where the locals go. 2. The luggage rules for the train to Machu Picchu are basically a carry-on size luggage/duffle bag and a personal item. Also you walk from the train station to your hotel in Aguas Calientes. We didn't know this ahead of time before the trip and almost weren't allowed on the train. We had traveled from Lima and did have a bit more luggage. Repack your luggage for just what you'll need for two nights in Aguas Calientes and store the rest. 3. Ask for a different hotel than Hutan Samay in Aguas Calientes. That place was a nightmare. Staff were great, the place was clean-the issue was the paper thin walls, no heating, and overall construction. We didn't sleep a wink the night before Machu Picchu because we could hear people having conversations streets over in our room and a spotlight was shining into our room. They moved us to the fifth floor, for the second night. We lost all the water pressure, had lukewarm water and the windows wouldn't close all the way. There was no heating and it was in the 30s at night. Again, not a ding on the tour company because everywhere else was phenomenal that we stayed and I am sure they would likely move you elsewhere. 3. Bring baby wipes, tp, and hand sanitizer everywhere. Most public bathrooms are missing running water, soap, and/or tp. Overall, I would definitely do another Inkyani tour.

Operator's comment: Dear Danielle, thank you so much for your commentary. We take your review of the best way because it help us to continue improving. Our guide Franco and Miguel are happy for your kind words. Anyway, we really hope that you have nice memories of your trip. Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

27th August 2019
DP

Dewi Parto

We had a fantastic holiday especially the trip to Machupicchu and Uros floating islands.

Operator's comment: Dear Dewi, many thanks for your commentary. We are so happy to know that you had fantastic tour during your visit to Cusco - Puno in Peru. We hope you come back soon! Kind regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.

21st August 2019
J

Jackie

We were so excited for this tour, had saved long and hard for it, we meet our guide and immediately disappointment set in, we were told we couldn’t do the extra climb to sun gate at Machu Picchu without paying an extra $200 then we were told that it was fully booked and we couldn’t even do it! We were also lead to believe our guide would be with us at all times.. NO this didn’t happen, the full day tours all ended by 3pm or earlier! With us just being left to our own devices! But the real low point for us was when we were just left at the hotel in Chinchero, absolutely in the middle of nowhere! We said to our guide we were not happy and he just drove off, there was no restaurant or civilisation near by we were literally up a dirt track that had no lighting we didn’t feel safe there so we took a taxi back to Cusco and a hotel at our expense. I choose to end the tour a day early and go home as so disappointed. after being fully investigated by the booking company they were in agreement with our complaints.

18th August 2019

Sally Lawn

This operator ran this tour trying to make maximum profit whilst offering as little in return as he possibly could. He was very unprofessional when we raised issues with him.

16th August 2019