42 reviews for 11 tours
K

KS

I enjoyed seeing all the sights of Beijing. I wish they switched the order of the days... on the first day we did Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, and Kung Fu Show... on the last day we did the hutongs. Since most people had just arrived to China the day before, we had major jet lag, so fell asleep during the Kung Fu show (which was actually very entertaining). Our tour guide also smoked on the job, which I found very unprofessional.

7 days ago
FT

Felipe Torres

The tour was perfect and great customer service

Operator's comment: On behalf of all the China Ways team, we would like to appreciate choosing us as your tour operator in China, and we hope to see you again.

7 days ago
SB

Sumit Biswas

Great tour . Covered all the main attractions in Beijing and of course the Great Wall . Mario did an excellent job. Highly recommended

Operator's comment: Thanks for your feedback Sumit. We really appreciate you joining our tour, and we hope to see you again in China.

8th December 2019
NN

Natasha Naidu

China Golden Triangle - 8 Days To Beijing - Xian - Shanghai. Before telling my story, the food is good and tasty, don’t worry your dietary requirements will be catered for; our group had chicken and pork (for pork eaters) and sometimes beef and it is a lot of food. So, My family of 3 adults could only get flights for the night before the tour started. Meysam was extremely helpful and booked us an extra night (for an extra low cost - breakfast included) at the same hotel in Beijing (Mercure Wangshang hotel). Upon our arrival we met Michael Fan (was friendly) who transported us from the airport to the hotel and confirmed our booking at the hotel. Make sure to research on youtube (which I did before hand) the process to carry out when arriving at the Beijing airport - such as filling the foreigner cards, scanning the passports and passing through the foreigners gate to taking a terminal train to collect the checked baggage. No one tells you this and you might find yourself in a pickle when you arrive and try to get security to help. The next morning we had breakfast and day 1 became a free day for us. There is a Wanda Plaza (shopping center) approximately +-800m away from the hotel. We spent the day at this shopping center (by walking) and made use of the restaurants, shops and convenience store on the lowest ground floor for dinner during our stay in Beijing. On day 2 - we met the rest of the tour group members (of which there were 7 of us in total) and Mario (friendly, witty, knows his job well, safe pair of hands, always made sure that we were good throughout the Beijing tour). Mario was the best tour guide of the tour. We completed the tour as per the itinerary for the day. Day 3 - (the highlight of the tour was the great wall, one of the seven wonders of the world). Day 4 also took place as per the itinerary. Sadly, it was time to say goodbye to Beijing and Mario. Mario provided us with the train tickets to Xian and the flight ticket to Shanghai. The only issue I had was the slow water drainage in our room shower. We did not have this issue in the other hotels. In the afternoon, Mario took us to the bullet train station for transfer. Unfortunately, the tour guide is not allowed to enter the train station once the ticket is checked (please keep the tickets throughout the train journey for security purposes) and there was a bit of confusion as to which gate to go to. Luckily, Mario made sure to explain how the tickets work and which train to take. This does require some literacy in English or Mandarin as there are boards around to help but not people. Mario also provided us with a picture of our destination to meet the tour guide in Xian. We left around 2pm from Beijing and arrived around 6-7pm in Xian where we met Sally (good and friendly). The only issue we had upon arrival was that the hotel in Xian required a 1000 CNY guaranteed refundable deposit. Luckily, we had cash and the rest of the group had their cards. For future reference, I'd advise that China Ways tour find out about this and provide an estimated amount for their customers to bring with them even though 'other fees' were stated and is not included, but at the very least we'd know what to expect. For dinner, there is a shopping mall called Sufresh approx +- 750m away from the hotel (also walked) and we had pizza hut since they were still opened at 21:30pm. The itinerary for Day 5 and 6 needed to be shifted around to accommodate everyone on our tour since the 7 of us would depart to different places after visiting Xian. Day 5 was dedicated to the warriors (the exciting part of the Xian tour) and day 6 went by without a hitch. In the afternoon, we left the rest of the group to catch our flight to Shanghai. Here again, some knowledge is required on how to read the flight number (the only word in English on the ticket except for our names). The tour guide does not come with you to the airport. A designated driver left us the airport and we had to try and figure out that there were designated baggage check in spots for foreigners for domestic flights. We also had to use the pointing method to ask around on what to do next or where to go (this is definitely not for the faint hearted or the panicking type of person). We managed to board the flight and was on our way to Shanghai. I was impressed that we received dinner on the plane. So there wasn't a need to find dinner in Shanghai for the night. Arriving in Shanghai, a driver transported us to the Regal East Asia Shanghai Hotel. Luckily, the staff at this hotel spoke English, since there was no mention of what time breakfast was the next morning and the time to meet the tour guide. In the morning of day 7, we waited for the tour guide, Jackie (who is ok, but had some difficulty communicating with since he spoke a little English compared to the other tour guides in our tour). I did learn some phrases and the numbers in Mandaring, so I had to speak a little to him when we first met. At the very least he did a good job at explaining the TV tower in Shanghai. And we got to try out hotpot that I have heard about. We returned to the hotel in the afternoon after going to the Yu garden. On Day 8, we had breakfast and checked out the hotel. We are the adventurous type of people so we booked ourselves into another hotel privately. We asked the hotel to get a taxi for us. The taxi will take you to the airport or to your next destination. What helped us is that I used Google to translate where I want to go. Do take note that Google or any app related to Google does not work in China without a VPN (this is what I found out after much research). So, download a few VPNs (Ultimate VPN free version worked for me) from the play store before arriving to China and then switch it on and you should be able to access google through the hotel wifi (but also take note that the connection drops quite frequently and needs to be switched on a few times to work). It is quite difficult to get access to a Chinese sim card. There are some Chinese people who have access to a Chinese English translator which helps but not everyone has this app. Also, there is a law in Shanghai, any disposable items like toothbrushes, combs, razors etc. will not be provided in the hotels automatically) but you can ask for them if you need them. Overall: I was happy with the service. China ways tour is safe to go with which is the most important factor of any holiday. I would recommend them since they are reasonably priced as well and the groups are not big and not too small to get lost or stolen! There are some shopping but not too much which is well balanced. I would like to revisit China again through China Ways tours in 10 years' time to see how much more have been accomplished.

Operator's comment: HI Natasha. I would like to thank you on behalf of all the China Ways team for booking your tour with us, and also for your awesome detailed feedback on your experience with our tour. We were reading your prompt feedback and we also shared this with all of our guides and new passengers that are ready to book the same tour. Your feedback is very valuable for us. We really hope to see you again in China!

2nd December 2019
SM

Selina Mullershausen

Loved it and the cultural sightseeing and the experience. The fact that we were picked up and guided made it possible for us to come as a family. Thank you.

Operator's comment: Hello Selina Thank you for your feedback on your tour and we are glad that you enjoyed your vacation with China ways.

13th November 2019

Ruth Rebekah Jacob

Great tour from start to finish - Michael is a fantastic guide, very knowledgable and helpful! Beijing is such a big city, with sites quite spread out so this tour is perfect to make sure you don’t miss out!

Operator's comment: Hi Ruth Thank you for sharing your feedback with everybody, and we are truly happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope you join us again :)

Nicolas

This is a fantastic tour. Our highlight has been the pandas but we loved all the places we visited. Every time we were going to a new city, we had a new guide. This was great because the guide was a local and knew the city inside out. Also, this is not the kind of tour where you are with 50 people. We were only 4 people during the first leg of the tour and just me and my partner in the last couple of cities. We highly recommend this tour and will book with China Ways again.

Operator's comment: Hello and thank you for your feedback. We always try our best to make our China tours the best experience ever, and we really appreciate your comment and review, which makes us doing better. The majority of our small groups are actually private tours and it is because we have 2 departure dates every week, and year round. We hope to see you again in China!

TS

Terence Suhan

Good compact tour that covers most key areas of China must see

Operator's comment: Thank you for your feedback Terence. We hope that you enjoyed your experience with us, and hope to see you again in China.

LS

Lyndall Smith

This trip was excellent value for money. An interesting and varied itinerary which gave a look at 4 different cities and the major highlights. The guides were excellent, especially Michael in Beijing, Joy in Xi’an and Jolie? In Chengdu. They were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I recommend them highly. At most sites there was no waiting in long queues and they gave excellent background information and advice on best viewing spots etc. Accommodation in general was excellent except for the very hard mattresses at the Mercure in Beijing. All locations were quite central and within walking distance of cafes, shops. Some expectations for the pick up drivers needs to be looked at. Our driver was not there to pick us up at the train station in Xi’an or the one at the airport in Shanghai. This was disappointing and caused us some angst on an otherwise very enjoyable trip.

Operator's comment: Hello Lyndall Thank you so much for your detailed review on your 4 day tour to Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, and Shanghai. We're glad that you enjoyed your tour and as always we are striving to make out tours perfect so that our passengers enjoy every small part of their experience in China. For sure your great attention to details and feedback help us to do so. Once again, on behalf of all the China Ways team members I'd like to appreciate your trust and we hope to see you again soon!

1st November 2019
S

Saira

I just got back from 8 day golden triangle trip with China Ways and it was very fascinating experience. Overall trip was good with planned airports/hotels pick-up and drops, good hotels, good tour guides (except 1 in Xian), great locations and rich chinese history. My Day5 in Xian was messed due to no Travel co-ordination between Beijing and Xian offices, so missing itinerary had to be squeezed into Day6. On the whole, a good trip.

27th October 2019