148 reviews for 3 tours
MO

Melanie Omalley

I had an amazing week at chalet Skade. Dan is hilarious. Margaux is the most amazing host and talented chef. We even lucked out and had Carl as a bonus who is also absolutely brilliant. They're an awesome team that know all the hot spots for Apres ski. They made me feel so welcome and loved their easy going vibe. I will definitely be back.

19th April 2022

James Whishaw

Great trip and great place to stay. The staff at HOFNAR are superb, from when I was picked up at Geneva airport by Daniel in the state-of-the-art business car to arrive at HOFNAR to be greeted by Carl the chalet host. Carl looked after us for most of the trip, completed his duties to perfection, looked after me and the guests out on the slopes, made delicious meals, and kept us entertained all night long. We also got looked after by Josh from HOFNAR who we got to enjoy a few night outs with and made some superb meals.

25th February 2022
T

TimArchfield

Huge thanks to Dan, Josh & Carl for an incredible week. Turned up solo not knowing what to expect, but felt like one of the gang instantly. Food & drink (soft & alcohol) on tap, along with a great menu for the week including a different hot breakfast option every day. Most chalet hosts keep a professional distance so you never really feel like you're in someone's home, but HOFNAR take a more laid back approach without impacting service. Looks easy, but hard to pull off - and once you've tried it you'll want to go straight back.

3rd February 2022

Lynette Teo

Had an awesome experience! Daniel was an incredible host and made everyone felt welcomed and ensured that everything was in order. What’s more, the dinner he made every night was incredible (I need those recipes!). It’s really the perfect trip for solo travelers or people who’s new to the sport. Would joined again even if it means taking a 15 hour flight over!

24th January 2022
D

DSwaby

Excellent host, accommodation and attendees

12th April 2020
R

RhiannaDevereux

Had an insane week in Morzine with the Hofnar Experience! Went away with my partner who had already been on a few of these over the past couple of years, whereas it was my first time. He had tried his best to describe how amazing it is, but the reality of it was better than I had imagined! We stayed in the Hubert Chalet which was beautiful throughout, very comfortable and accommodating. Our hosts Rob and James kept everyone well fed and glasses full. They prepared a good selection of food for breakfast, and the dinners they cooked (starters, mains and deserts) were fantastic and was plenty to go around. Rob and James themselves were amazing! Super friendly, funny and had some great stories, I believe they made everyone feel comfortable and welcomed at Chalet Hubert. The chalet was shared with 10 other people (14 altogether including me, my partner and the hosts), which sounds like a lot but there was plenty of space for everyone and was never made to feel uncomfortable. Considering i struggle being around groups of people, especially people I don't know, everyone was friendly, genuine and supportive. Has definitely made me want to go on another trip like this, if not the same over again! In terms of the ski/snowboarding, me, my partner and one of the ladies took part in the snowboarding classes. I've had lessons in one of the UK's indoor snowdomes in the past... But that's nothing compared to the lessons you get in Morzine! Even though there may be a bit of a language barrier, it's still very easy to understand what the instructor is trying to teach you (whether you pick it up or not is a different story). I could go on forever. Honestly, it was one of the best experiences I've had, regardless of the struggles I had. Thank you Dan, Rob, James and anyone else at the Hofnar Experience ❤️

16th March 2020
AP

Alex Page

Would highly recommend the beginners week. Great accommodation, Staff were amazing and very helpful and friendly. Got involved and felt like part of the group. Couldn't e more happy and am wanting to rebook to go snowboarding again!

16th March 2020
N

NatashaJarman

Absolutely brilliant chalet and the team who run it are amazing. Such good fun with a laid back attitude, which really works for what Hofnar Experience is all about. It makes a good change from the usual chalet set up and they do it really, really well. I can't recommend it enough for solo skiers/boarders. It's on my list for next season!

15th March 2020

Chris Humphrys

An experience with a capital E! Unlike any other chalet holiday I've been on, James and Rob appear to know every bar in the resort, the best night to visit each and go out of their way to sort out not just your skiing, but the Apres and everything else in between. I wouldn't recommend if your idea of a good time after skiing is a quiet night in and a cup of cocoa, but I'll definitely be returning next time I'm in Morzine. Cheers guys!

9th March 2020
J

JoeORegan

The only bad thing about this holiday is that it has to come to an end! Had a brilliant week with some great people. I normally go away with a group of friends but I think my Hofnar experience has been my favourite ski holiday so far! Our chalets hosts, James and Rob, were very good - always willing to provide suggestions for the day, organize lessons etc. They genuinely could not be more helpful and were always in good spirits. By far, the best chalet hosts I have stayed with. Dan and his team organize a great holiday so I cannot recommend Hofnar enough - easily five stars!!

1st March 2020