144 reviews for 0 tours
D

DSwaby

Excellent host, accommodation and attendees

12th April 2020
R

RhiannaDevereux

Had an insane week in Morzine with the Hofnar Experience! Went away with my partner who had already been on a few of these over the past couple of years, whereas it was my first time. He had tried his best to describe how amazing it is, but the reality of it was better than I had imagined! We stayed in the Hubert Chalet which was beautiful throughout, very comfortable and accommodating. Our hosts Rob and James kept everyone well fed and glasses full. They prepared a good selection of food for breakfast, and the dinners they cooked (starters, mains and deserts) were fantastic and was plenty to go around. Rob and James themselves were amazing! Super friendly, funny and had some great stories, I believe they made everyone feel comfortable and welcomed at Chalet Hubert. The chalet was shared with 10 other people (14 altogether including me, my partner and the hosts), which sounds like a lot but there was plenty of space for everyone and was never made to feel uncomfortable. Considering i struggle being around groups of people, especially people I don't know, everyone was friendly, genuine and supportive. Has definitely made me want to go on another trip like this, if not the same over again! In terms of the ski/snowboarding, me, my partner and one of the ladies took part in the snowboarding classes. I've had lessons in one of the UK's indoor snowdomes in the past... But that's nothing compared to the lessons you get in Morzine! Even though there may be a bit of a language barrier, it's still very easy to understand what the instructor is trying to teach you (whether you pick it up or not is a different story). I could go on forever. Honestly, it was one of the best experiences I've had, regardless of the struggles I had. Thank you Dan, Rob, James and anyone else at the Hofnar Experience ❤️

16th March 2020
AP

Alex Page

Would highly recommend the beginners week. Great accommodation, Staff were amazing and very helpful and friendly. Got involved and felt like part of the group. Couldn't e more happy and am wanting to rebook to go snowboarding again!

16th March 2020
N

NatashaJarman

Absolutely brilliant chalet and the team who run it are amazing. Such good fun with a laid back attitude, which really works for what Hofnar Experience is all about. It makes a good change from the usual chalet set up and they do it really, really well. I can't recommend it enough for solo skiers/boarders. It's on my list for next season!

15th March 2020

Chris Humphrys

An experience with a capital E! Unlike any other chalet holiday I've been on, James and Rob appear to know every bar in the resort, the best night to visit each and go out of their way to sort out not just your skiing, but the Apres and everything else in between. I wouldn't recommend if your idea of a good time after skiing is a quiet night in and a cup of cocoa, but I'll definitely be returning next time I'm in Morzine. Cheers guys!

9th March 2020
J

JoeORegan

The only bad thing about this holiday is that it has to come to an end! Had a brilliant week with some great people. I normally go away with a group of friends but I think my Hofnar experience has been my favourite ski holiday so far! Our chalets hosts, James and Rob, were very good - always willing to provide suggestions for the day, organize lessons etc. They genuinely could not be more helpful and were always in good spirits. By far, the best chalet hosts I have stayed with. Dan and his team organize a great holiday so I cannot recommend Hofnar enough - easily five stars!!

1st March 2020

James Sutton

Just finished a fantastic week with Hofnar in Chalet Hubert. What a week. Great chalet hosts James and Rob. Top guys nothing was too much trouble to ensure we all had a fantastic week. Good food, plenty of liquid refreshments and laughs. Best of all the skiing was brilliant. Dan & The Hofnar experience is a brilliant company for single skiiers to have a great weeks skiing! Look forward to the next time!

29th February 2020
A

AlexSmith

Had a week ski holiday in Chalet Hubert with the Hofnar team and had an excellent time. The chalet is new and really nicely done. Rooms are of good size with en-suites, comfy beds, small desk, shelves and hanging space. The chalet is always warm and the communal are is great for eating and relaxing, has new modern tech for watching or listening to media - Airplay/Chromecast supported so can easily play your own stuff! Ski lockers with boot dryers are right next to the front door so easy and toasty feet in the morning. The location of the chalet us superb, 2 min walk from Super Morzine lift and 5 min walk to Pleny Lift, and you are right in the centre of town, couldnt ask for better. And last but far from least, the Hofnar staff. Always there, always helpful and really make the whole group have fun by joining in. Food they cook is generous and tasty and there are always left overs to raid the next day. They have an open fridge policy and therefore you can make your own sandwiches for lunch, or when you get back there is always food waiting or you can make yourself something from the fridge. Different breakfast every day (in addition to all the usuals) available any time between 7 and 9 although if you ask they are pretty flexible on that. Not sure what else to say, had an amazing holiday and would highly recommend going with Hofnar if it is just you, a couple of you, or you book the whole chatel out. Do it!

27th February 2020

Will Sadler

I booked chalet Hubert through the hofnar group when I gave up organising with my group at home. I just stumbled across the site and booked not really knowing what to expect. The hosts treated us with a smile and a drink even if I did turn up late. The guys were super hosts in and around the chalet, good cooks, always asking if we want a drink. and they were extremely helpful in giving a few directions on the mountain. This is all aided with a group of people joining in that are all like minded and wanting the similar outcomes from such an impressive holiday. Will be coming back and thanks again to Dan, James and Rob in chalet Hubert.

16th February 2020
L

lesleybeck

Had another brilliant week in Chalet Hubert. This is my 3rd time on the back country week and will be going again. The chalet and hosts were brilliant, food and accommodation lovely and there was a really good mix of people on the week.

9th February 2020