Overall

David jonson

Great Honeymoon Safari with a great company and exceptional Guide! My Husband & I had our Honeymoon in Tanzania. After a lot of research we choose to use Expedition Africa Ltd to create our Safari. We worked with Majaliwa in the initial stages to customize the safari exactly how we wanted it was very helpful with suggestions and patient with all our changes throughout the process. She was also quick to respond to my emails. Our customized trip was 5 days 4 nights one way Safari stopping in Tarangire NP, Ngorongoro Crater & Serengeti NP. We went in September during the dry season. On arrival to Kilimanjaro Airport, Roy Safari arranged an Airport Transfer for us to their Hotel, The African Tulip in Arusha. This is a beautiful hotel and it was a shame we didn't get to enjoy it more as we arrive about 10pm and left for Safari early morning. We got a room upgrade which was also a nice surprise. In the morning we had breakfast for a pre-safari briefing & were introduced to our Guide/Driver Philip Moses was very informative about all the animals & a pro at spotting them even without binoculars. He also seemed very respectful of the animals & although we did get close to many animals he would often cut the engine or predict where an animal was going to walk and place us in its path giving the animal the option to walk close by or not. I noticed that some other vehicles did not do this and came across a bit more aggressive. I much preferred Moses techniques. When we spotted some lions after they had eaten he even predicted that they would likely go for a drink and we were able to drive to a watering hole and were the only ones for quite some time when other vehicles simply moved on. It was a highlight! He was a fantastic guide! We got to see many animals quite close with no need for binoculars. The parks was not over crowded with vehicles either, which was nice & there were only a few occasions where there were a few vehicles wildlife watching in the same area. We stayed at the Kichuguu Tented Camp in Tarangire NP. I had to request this specifically as it did not come up in the last of options. We wanted the tented accommodation where possible. This was quite fancy and the staff were friendly and food was good. We could hear Lions and Hyenas from our tent in the night. We stayed at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge as this was the closest accommodation to the Ngorongoro Crater entrance and we wanted to descend as early as possible as this was often recommended over the afternoon. The hotel was very nice & they had a big bonfire overlooking the Crater with the sun setting. We stayed at Thorn Tree Tented Camp for 2 nights in Serengeti NP. This tented lodge was very nice but maybe a little less fancy but still more than adequate. One of the highlights of this camp was its location as there were many local wildlife in close proximity & we saw giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, impalas and mongooses right from the porch of our tent. We heard lions in the night. Our Flight with Coastal Aviation was on time and went very smoothly. Moses was kind enough to sort us out at the airport before saying his goodbyes. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our trip a memorable one! Expedition Africa the best choice

David jonson

Excellent safari, really great service We just finished our 10 day safari which included south and central Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Tarangire National Park and lake Manyara National Park. At first I was debating if 10 days was too long to be on safari, it isn’t. I really wish it could have been longer. Every game drive is different, with different animals and different scenery. So if you are on the fence about length of the trip, longer is better. We chose Expedition Africa Ltd Safaris , they are the top rated, locally owned safari company in Tanzania, so we looked into what they were offering. Majaliwa Gogo , the owner of the company responded with an itinerary for what we were looking for as well as a list of hotels in different categories based on the level of luxury. We researched all of the hotels and asked him if we could mix and match from different categories. Having an option and being able to pick hotels based on reviews is great because a lot of the safari companies do not give that type of flexibility. We paid $9640 for 10 days for a mix of super luxury and mid level tented camps, which was about in line or even cheaper than a lot of the other big box travel companies, which don’t provide nearly as good of service and flexibility that Expedition Africa does. They also do not have mileage limit on how much they can drive in a single day, so that makes a huge difference if you’re out looking for certain animals. Our truck was also brand new, a 2 month old Toyota Land Cruiser, which was absolutely beautiful. Our safari was probably the most amazing trip we have ever taken, that is mostly thanks to Zadock, our very experienced and professional safari guide. Your guide can make or break your safari, so having one who is as experienced and knowledgeable as Zadock really makes a huge difference. There wasn’t a single question during our 10 days that he didn’t know the answer to. He was a wealth of knowledge and information. He really catered to our needs. We were really sad when it was over; it was like we were family at the end of the Safari. We also did see the big 5 thanks to his hard work. The food on the trip was amazing, most of the other companies gave our prepackaged sandwiches in a box, we had gourmet meals and wine. They also give unlimited water and soft drinks, which apparently a lot of other companies give you a limit of 1Liter of water for free a day. I cannot recommend Expedition Africa Ltd enough; I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. I can write a few more pages on how great the safari was, but I think I hit the main points. Just wanted to add a few quick minor notes, our reservation said that half board was provided on the day of arrival, but it also said just bed and breakfast on another page. We wound up having to pay for lunch and dinner on our arrival which I found a little weird. So half board on arrival day is obviously incorrect. Also, we were switched to the SOPA lodge in Tarangire National Park, it was less than ideal of a hotel. I emailed Majaliwa (the owner of Expedition Africa , and he immediately rebooked us into a different and much nicer hotel. I was amazed at how quickly he resolved everything. I believe they will not be using that hotel anymore, but if it happens that the choice is given, choose a different hotel from the list and avoid at all costs.

Operator's comment: thank you so much David and god bless you

David jonson

Exceptional Safari with Expedition Africa Ltd !!!!! We had an incredible trip with Expedition Africa Ltd ! The whole trip was smooth and you can trust Expedition Africa Ltd to provide top notch service. Majaliwa Gogo was very accommodating with my requests and helped us plan our perfect safari. He was patient and answered all my questions promptly and changed the itinerary until I was completely satisfied. Expedition Africa Ltd is the expert and in fact I would trust them to put together a great trip for you without doing much research. My partner and I did a 9 day safari during the Christmas holiday, including Ngorogoro Crater, the Sergengeti, Ndutu (where the wildebeest are now in the migration), Tarangire National Park, and a cultural tour/biking trip in Mto wa mbu (highly recommended if you are looking for an authentic cultural experience). You can tell that excellent service is the top priority of Expedition Africa , even more than the other companies we saw during our trip. Our guide Philip was absolutely excellent and exceeded all of our expectations. I was most keen to see leopards, and he helped us to have 5 sightings!! I know this would not have been possible without an exceptional guide like Philip . He has a great eye for spotting wildlife and has so much information to share about the culture, history, and wildlife of Tanzania. It also seems that he has an internal GPS because he never got lost and took us all over the remote roads that some other guides don't visit. Expedition Africa Ltd also likes for their clients to have private sightings, so Philip would take us to the remote areas (particularly in the Serengeti) and we had some incredible sightings all to ourselves including a serval cat hunting, a cheetah running, and a leopard climbing down a tree and walking by the car! That is much nicer than being somewhere with 30 jeeps! We also saw the Big 5 over and over again, including 7 black rhino! I highly recommend Expedition Africa ! They are very reasonable in price and regardless of your budget; you will receive excellent service and a trip of a lifetime. They definitely go out of their way to make the trip special for you. You can message me if you have any questions about our trip. Cheers!

Operator's comment: thank you so much your are welcome again

Eastafrica Adventureltd

“Great company, great guide, great experience” We did a 5 day safari with Expedition Africa and could not have been happier with our decision to book with them. They were very responsive and accommodating throughout the entire booking process, especially Majaliwa . hes was quick to respond, answered all of our questions, and offered some very helpful tips and suggestions. Our driver and guide, Philip was fantastic. He was very safe, his driving was great, and his willingness to make us happy was terrific. We could not have had a more helpful, informative, and caring guide. The overall safari was great. The amount of animals we were able to see was unbelievable and the overall logistics of the safari was perfect. We visited Tarangire, the Serengeti, and the crater. All three places were great. If your time allows for it, I would recommend adding in a day to Lake Manyara. Out of all the other safari companies we saw throughout our trip, Expedition Africa seemed less commercialized than some of the other large companies which was very appealing. It made our safari feel much more private and allowed for a very personalized adventure. I would highly recommend them.

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for your are reviews your are welcome again and god bless you so recommended us !

10th December 2018

Adventure russia

Trip of a lifetime We went on a 10 day Kenya/Tanzania safari and had an amazing time. Both our drivers Leonard and Majaliwa were the best. They were informative of all the animal and the most amazing eye sight and found so many animals for us to see. The first two days there we were able to see all of the Big 5. Fred was a big help with all the changes we asked for on our itinerary. We asked to eliminate a day and add an extra day somewhere else and it was no problem changing it. He was also arranged out airport transfer and a day tour in Nairobi. Our guide joshua was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend upgrading to the landcruiser, it's helps with all was Excellent Thanks to all the staff for making this an amazing trip for myself and my mom. Highly recommend with Expedition Africa

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for you're reviews

china tours

Amazing Tanzanian Safari! My sister and I used Expedition Africa to plan a trip to Tanzania in early September 2018 - and what an amazing trip it was! We visited Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongogo and Empakai Crater. The email communication while planning the trip was prompt and complete (we are from the US and worked directly Email with Expedition Africa office Arusha in Tanzania so feeling comfortable with our safari company was important); our guide (Philip ) was amazing - personable and so knowledgeable about the animals and ecosystem; the jeeps were well maintained - and you can stand up in them which is important for all day safari driving; the focus on customer service was impeccable! The trip surpassed our expectations - from the accommodations to the food to the guide service - I will not hesitate to use Expedition Africa for our next African adventure and will also ask for our same amazing guide!

china tours

Operator's comment: thank you so much your are welcome Again

shoun jonson

Best Ever 10 Day Safari including Wildebeest Migration Really great travel company located in Arusha with offices in Arusha . I highly recommend that anyone planning a trip to Africa work with an African company - not one based in the USA! From our initial email contact with Majaliwa at Expedition Africa , everything went very smoothly. he had great ideas and helped us plan an outstanding personalized and private safari. he was very open to our ideas, and even reworked our safari route, so that we could stay at our first choice lodge at Ngorongoro Crater. All of our communication with her was done via email, and we always got very prompt replies to our questions. A couple of times hes was not available, but her assistant , was quick to send answers to our requests. We were able to make all the safari payments via bank , through Our driver met us at the Arusha airport, and our 10 day amazing adventure began. Our driver, Philip , was great - he was very personable, knowledgeable about Tanzania, and boy, could he spot the animals. We could tell he has driven on many safaris because he always managed to position our vehicle, so we got great viewing of the animals, or they walked right by our vehicle. He took great care of us, it was a pleasure to spend 10 days with him. Highly recommend him as a driver! Our safari route included Tarangire Park, Lake Euyasi , Serengeti NP, Ngorongoro Crater, Oldvai Gorge, and Lake Manyara. Amazing safari, and it was reasonably priced, and Expedition Africa even booked our flights to/from Arusha (within Africa). Highlight of our trip was watching the Wildebeest Migration in Serengeti - thousands and thousands of animals running across the road right in front of our vehicle - just like the pictures I’ve seen but I was there!!

6th December 2018
C

climbing7summit

Incredible! Tarangire Ballon Camp and Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge were fabulous! The folks of Expedition Africa i took care of every detail. Our safari was a lifetime of memories. We saw hundreds of elephants, beautiful lions, cheetah with a “kill” and more! If you are looking for a safari company, choose Expedition Africa , they will not disappoint.

Operator's comment: hello Dear guest Thank you so much for your reviews and your are welcome Again to Tanzania we hope your are doing well and Your family also all is fine god bless all and happy new year

6th December 2018

Adventure russia

Perfect Safari Experience! My wife and I booked our Safari with Expedition Africa after reading so many excellent reviews. We were not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed our Safari. Although we could have arranged our Safari through a US based contact we chose to deal directly with Jonson who is in country. The response time to ask questions and decide on our itinerary went smoothly, it was just necessary to plan for a delay due to the time zone difference. We really enjoyed working with Nelson. We stayed at the African Tulip upon arrival in Arusha. This is a wonderful place to stay and the restaurant quality was quite high. We met our guide Philip at the hotel and set off on our Safari. Philip is very personable and highly knowledgeable about the areas we visited. We can't say enough about how much we appreciated his guide skills during our Safari. He was adept at finding and explaining interesting animals and scenery. We saw the Big 5, including some tree climbing lions, and the Great Migration! It really was the trip of a lifetime thanks to Philip and Majaliwa owner Areas we visited included Tarangire, Central Serengeti, and the Ngorongoro crater. We loved staying in the Central Serengeti Bush Camp, it really is glamping at its finest and sleeping amongst the wildlife from a tent is something we will remember forever. If you can get a room/tent at Tarangire Safari Lodge, it is quite a spectacular view and fine accommodations. The Retreat at Ngorongoro was a beautiful property. It has walking trails and a very nice restaurant. The SOPA Lodge on the Crater rim has beautiful views and is also quite nice, although we prefer the rooms at The Retreat at Ngorongoro to the SOPA Lodge. All in all, the entire trip went smoothly and we would highly recommend Expedition Africa

Operator's comment: thank you so much your are welcome again