W

wileson

Exceeded all expectations! I can’t say enough wonderful things about Expedition Africa Ltd Safaris! From booking through the last day of our safari, everyone at the company was very accommodating and professional. We just finished a 6-day safari and it was more fun than we could have anticipated. Our guide, Godbless, was very experienced. He could spot even the tiniest bird from so far away, and shared so much information about the plants and animals. He was an excellent driver, and being in safe hands allowed us to truly relax and enjoy the experience. He worked so hard to make sure that we had incredible game viewing - we got super lucky and even saw two black rhinos, leopards, and a crocodile! We saw many more animals than we expected to thanks to his expertise. Godbless went above and beyond to make our safari an experience we’ll never forget. When we were booking, Majaliwa at the office worked with us to create the perfect itinerary. hes was very responsive, flexible and accommodating — all you could ask for. They made sure our lodging and food along the way were also top of the line while working within our budget, and we were blown away by the level of hospitality and comfort at each place we stayed. The whole experience far exceeded our expectations!! anyone interest best of Tanzania Safari Expedition Africa Ltd The best choice !

11th August 2019
S

S H

My experience with Expedition Africa Ltd was very positive. The owner Magaliwa was good with communication and provided all the final details when asked. He called me in the morning on the first day to assure me he would be at the airport to pick me up. A sign with my name was waiting for me when I left customs. Once I arrived at the Negobugg Palace Hotel I was greeted by a welcome drink. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very polite and considerate. The hotel internet was having a problem so Magaliwa was nice enough to bring his business internet router/connection to the room where I was staying. The safari itself was as suggested in the itinerary and each camp site had everything that you would need, even hot water on the occasion. The driver for the safari was very knowledgeable and I felt safe in his ability to navigate rough roads. Our cook made delicious food and I’m convinced I put on some weight by the sheer volume of food provided. You would never go hungry.

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for your are review your are welcome again to Expedition Africa Ltd

28th July 2019
KM

Kathleen Macdonald

The tour guide was the worst person I have met in my life. He was so pushy and made me feel so uncomfortable. I can not begin to explain how innapropriate he was, to the point I would fear for my safety when I was with him. The itenary was sold as a 7 day 6 night Safari but I was out with the same group who was doing 5 day 4 nights and realised how much more I had paid.

Operator's comment: the program it is correct please see here where you was not done ???? you was booked This programs you have to understand the program 1night in Arusha before Safari , and 1night in Safari after safari why you ask us about This program ? where you was not done ? Our driver will pick you from the airport and drop you in Arusha town for dinner and overnight at Nejobagg palace hotel Start point Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania 03:00 - 04:00 Day 2: Arusha/Tarangire National Park. Early breakfast the our driver will meet you at your hotel then pack your luggage’s ready for your Trip briefing before you drive to Tarangire park by Land cruiser, crossing the Maasai Steppe on your way to Tarangire National Park, Tanzania’s fourth largest and one of its most diverse. Stop at the picturesque park gate for the driver to fill up the parks registration book e. Full day game drive in the park enjoying viewing animals in the park. Soon, the impressive Great Rift Valley Escarpment will come into view – a 2,000 foot high wall that rises up, improbably steep and incredibly tall, out of the flat plains. Elephants, Buffalos, pythons are seen easily regularly cross your path, unbothered by your benign presence and going about their daily routines. You’ll meander along bush tracks and explore the Tarangire River’s twists and turns, finding elephant drinking and playing in the refreshing waters. Late this afternoon you’ll arrive at your campsite at Zion campsite where you can settle in and relax before dinner and your first night in the bush. Dinner and overnight at Campsite FB Day 3: Tarangire National Park/Serengeti National Park Rise early today. As the cool, fresh air fills your lungs you’ll feel invigorated and rejuvenated, ready for another great day on safari. Departing after breakfast for the Serengeti, you will make your way around the southern edge of the crater rim, spotting the occasional hyena, elephant or African buffalo along the way. By late morning, you will arrive at famed Serengeti National Park. The plains seem endless from this vantage point. Stop to enjoy your picnic lunch at Naabi Hill before meandering through the wildlife-rich central Serengeti. Later in the evening at your camp you will be able to settle in to your unique camp before joining folks in the camp dining area for some palate teasers in anticipation of a scrumptious meal this evening. Afterwards gather round the campfire before heading off to bed. Relax in your comfortable surroundings tonight as you are lulled to sleep by the sounds of the Serengeti plains. Dinner and overnight at Selonela campsite FB Day 4: Full Day Game Drives In The Endless Plain Of Serengeti Park Full days ‘discover Serengeti’ game drives. The day for the big cats – cheetahs, leopards and lions. Mostly you will go out for SUNRISE game drive at 0600am followed by b/fast at 0800am. More game drive till Lunch time (Hot lunch). After your hot lunch you will proceed with your afternoon game drive to sunset whereby you will drive back for dinner and overnight and Selonela campsite FB Day 5: Serengeti Park/Ngorongoro Crater Rim SUNRISE game drives start at 06:00am till 11:00am. When you’ll stop for Brunch (Breakfast and lunch put together) After Brunch departs for the Ngorongoro Crater with game drive en-route. At Olduvai Gorge, make a brief stop at the museum to view some of the incredible finds of Drs. Louis and Mary Leakey. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro simba campsite FB Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater Floor/Arusha Rise early for breakfast before you spend a fully day exploring the crater floor. The area is world-renowned in its reputation and very small in its scale, so you will see other safari goers. Don’t let that distract you from the beauty of the place or from the fact that this remains one of the only places on earth where you may see all of the Big Five at once: Lion, Leopard, Bull Elephant, African Buffalo and Black Rhino. To maximize your time on the crater floor you will enjoy a special boxed lunch at a scenic picnic spot. Your journey will take you throughout this tremendous landscape that is constantly changing as animals move to and fro in search of pasture, water or east prey. In the evening descend out of the crater and drive back to Arusha for dinner and overnight at Nejobagg balace hotel Day 7: Arusha/Kilimanjaro Airport (Jro) Our driver will drop you at the Kilimanjaro airport for your flight back home. Let us know your flight back home time. End point Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania

22nd May 2019

David jonson

Great Honeymoon Safari with a great company and exceptional Guide! My Husband & I had our Honeymoon in Tanzania. After a lot of research we choose to use Expedition Africa Ltd to create our Safari. We worked with Majaliwa in the initial stages to customize the safari exactly how we wanted it was very helpful with suggestions and patient with all our changes throughout the process. She was also quick to respond to my emails. Our customized trip was 5 days 4 nights one way Safari stopping in Tarangire NP, Ngorongoro Crater & Serengeti NP. We went in September during the dry season. On arrival to Kilimanjaro Airport, Roy Safari arranged an Airport Transfer for us to their Hotel, The African Tulip in Arusha. This is a beautiful hotel and it was a shame we didn't get to enjoy it more as we arrive about 10pm and left for Safari early morning. We got a room upgrade which was also a nice surprise. In the morning we had breakfast for a pre-safari briefing & were introduced to our Guide/Driver Philip Moses was very informative about all the animals & a pro at spotting them even without binoculars. He also seemed very respectful of the animals & although we did get close to many animals he would often cut the engine or predict where an animal was going to walk and place us in its path giving the animal the option to walk close by or not. I noticed that some other vehicles did not do this and came across a bit more aggressive. I much preferred Moses techniques. When we spotted some lions after they had eaten he even predicted that they would likely go for a drink and we were able to drive to a watering hole and were the only ones for quite some time when other vehicles simply moved on. It was a highlight! He was a fantastic guide! We got to see many animals quite close with no need for binoculars. The parks was not over crowded with vehicles either, which was nice & there were only a few occasions where there were a few vehicles wildlife watching in the same area. We stayed at the Kichuguu Tented Camp in Tarangire NP. I had to request this specifically as it did not come up in the last of options. We wanted the tented accommodation where possible. This was quite fancy and the staff were friendly and food was good. We could hear Lions and Hyenas from our tent in the night. We stayed at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge as this was the closest accommodation to the Ngorongoro Crater entrance and we wanted to descend as early as possible as this was often recommended over the afternoon. The hotel was very nice & they had a big bonfire overlooking the Crater with the sun setting. We stayed at Thorn Tree Tented Camp for 2 nights in Serengeti NP. This tented lodge was very nice but maybe a little less fancy but still more than adequate. One of the highlights of this camp was its location as there were many local wildlife in close proximity & we saw giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, impalas and mongooses right from the porch of our tent. We heard lions in the night. Our Flight with Coastal Aviation was on time and went very smoothly. Moses was kind enough to sort us out at the airport before saying his goodbyes. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our trip a memorable one! Expedition Africa the best choice

David jonson

Excellent safari, really great service We just finished our 10 day safari which included south and central Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Tarangire National Park and lake Manyara National Park. At first I was debating if 10 days was too long to be on safari, it isn’t. I really wish it could have been longer. Every game drive is different, with different animals and different scenery. So if you are on the fence about length of the trip, longer is better. We chose Expedition Africa Ltd Safaris , they are the top rated, locally owned safari company in Tanzania, so we looked into what they were offering. Majaliwa Gogo , the owner of the company responded with an itinerary for what we were looking for as well as a list of hotels in different categories based on the level of luxury. We researched all of the hotels and asked him if we could mix and match from different categories. Having an option and being able to pick hotels based on reviews is great because a lot of the safari companies do not give that type of flexibility. We paid $9640 for 10 days for a mix of super luxury and mid level tented camps, which was about in line or even cheaper than a lot of the other big box travel companies, which don’t provide nearly as good of service and flexibility that Expedition Africa does. They also do not have mileage limit on how much they can drive in a single day, so that makes a huge difference if you’re out looking for certain animals. Our truck was also brand new, a 2 month old Toyota Land Cruiser, which was absolutely beautiful. Our safari was probably the most amazing trip we have ever taken, that is mostly thanks to Zadock, our very experienced and professional safari guide. Your guide can make or break your safari, so having one who is as experienced and knowledgeable as Zadock really makes a huge difference. There wasn’t a single question during our 10 days that he didn’t know the answer to. He was a wealth of knowledge and information. He really catered to our needs. We were really sad when it was over; it was like we were family at the end of the Safari. We also did see the big 5 thanks to his hard work. The food on the trip was amazing, most of the other companies gave our prepackaged sandwiches in a box, we had gourmet meals and wine. They also give unlimited water and soft drinks, which apparently a lot of other companies give you a limit of 1Liter of water for free a day. I cannot recommend Expedition Africa Ltd enough; I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. I can write a few more pages on how great the safari was, but I think I hit the main points. Just wanted to add a few quick minor notes, our reservation said that half board was provided on the day of arrival, but it also said just bed and breakfast on another page. We wound up having to pay for lunch and dinner on our arrival which I found a little weird. So half board on arrival day is obviously incorrect. Also, we were switched to the SOPA lodge in Tarangire National Park, it was less than ideal of a hotel. I emailed Majaliwa (the owner of Expedition Africa , and he immediately rebooked us into a different and much nicer hotel. I was amazed at how quickly he resolved everything. I believe they will not be using that hotel anymore, but if it happens that the choice is given, choose a different hotel from the list and avoid at all costs.

Operator's comment: thank you so much David and god bless you

David jonson

Exceptional Safari with Expedition Africa Ltd !!!!! We had an incredible trip with Expedition Africa Ltd ! The whole trip was smooth and you can trust Expedition Africa Ltd to provide top notch service. Majaliwa Gogo was very accommodating with my requests and helped us plan our perfect safari. He was patient and answered all my questions promptly and changed the itinerary until I was completely satisfied. Expedition Africa Ltd is the expert and in fact I would trust them to put together a great trip for you without doing much research. My partner and I did a 9 day safari during the Christmas holiday, including Ngorogoro Crater, the Sergengeti, Ndutu (where the wildebeest are now in the migration), Tarangire National Park, and a cultural tour/biking trip in Mto wa mbu (highly recommended if you are looking for an authentic cultural experience). You can tell that excellent service is the top priority of Expedition Africa , even more than the other companies we saw during our trip. Our guide Philip was absolutely excellent and exceeded all of our expectations. I was most keen to see leopards, and he helped us to have 5 sightings!! I know this would not have been possible without an exceptional guide like Philip . He has a great eye for spotting wildlife and has so much information to share about the culture, history, and wildlife of Tanzania. It also seems that he has an internal GPS because he never got lost and took us all over the remote roads that some other guides don't visit. Expedition Africa Ltd also likes for their clients to have private sightings, so Philip would take us to the remote areas (particularly in the Serengeti) and we had some incredible sightings all to ourselves including a serval cat hunting, a cheetah running, and a leopard climbing down a tree and walking by the car! That is much nicer than being somewhere with 30 jeeps! We also saw the Big 5 over and over again, including 7 black rhino! I highly recommend Expedition Africa ! They are very reasonable in price and regardless of your budget; you will receive excellent service and a trip of a lifetime. They definitely go out of their way to make the trip special for you. You can message me if you have any questions about our trip. Cheers!

Operator's comment: thank you so much your are welcome again

Eastafrica Adventureltd

“Great company, great guide, great experience” We did a 5 day safari with Expedition Africa and could not have been happier with our decision to book with them. They were very responsive and accommodating throughout the entire booking process, especially Majaliwa . hes was quick to respond, answered all of our questions, and offered some very helpful tips and suggestions. Our driver and guide, Philip was fantastic. He was very safe, his driving was great, and his willingness to make us happy was terrific. We could not have had a more helpful, informative, and caring guide. The overall safari was great. The amount of animals we were able to see was unbelievable and the overall logistics of the safari was perfect. We visited Tarangire, the Serengeti, and the crater. All three places were great. If your time allows for it, I would recommend adding in a day to Lake Manyara. Out of all the other safari companies we saw throughout our trip, Expedition Africa seemed less commercialized than some of the other large companies which was very appealing. It made our safari feel much more private and allowed for a very personalized adventure. I would highly recommend them.

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for your are reviews your are welcome again and god bless you so recommended us !

10th December 2018

Adventure russia

Trip of a lifetime We went on a 10 day Kenya/Tanzania safari and had an amazing time. Both our drivers Leonard and Majaliwa were the best. They were informative of all the animal and the most amazing eye sight and found so many animals for us to see. The first two days there we were able to see all of the Big 5. Fred was a big help with all the changes we asked for on our itinerary. We asked to eliminate a day and add an extra day somewhere else and it was no problem changing it. He was also arranged out airport transfer and a day tour in Nairobi. Our guide joshua was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend upgrading to the landcruiser, it's helps with all was Excellent Thanks to all the staff for making this an amazing trip for myself and my mom. Highly recommend with Expedition Africa

Operator's comment: Thank you so much for you're reviews

9th December 2018

china tours

Amazing Tanzanian Safari! My sister and I used Expedition Africa to plan a trip to Tanzania in early September 2018 - and what an amazing trip it was! We visited Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongogo and Empakai Crater. The email communication while planning the trip was prompt and complete (we are from the US and worked directly Email with Expedition Africa office Arusha in Tanzania so feeling comfortable with our safari company was important); our guide (Philip ) was amazing - personable and so knowledgeable about the animals and ecosystem; the jeeps were well maintained - and you can stand up in them which is important for all day safari driving; the focus on customer service was impeccable! The trip surpassed our expectations - from the accommodations to the food to the guide service - I will not hesitate to use Expedition Africa for our next African adventure and will also ask for our same amazing guide!

Operator's comment: thank you so much your are welcome Again

9th December 2018

shoun jonson

Best Ever 10 Day Safari including Wildebeest Migration Really great travel company located in Arusha with offices in Arusha . I highly recommend that anyone planning a trip to Africa work with an African company - not one based in the USA! From our initial email contact with Majaliwa at Expedition Africa , everything went very smoothly. he had great ideas and helped us plan an outstanding personalized and private safari. he was very open to our ideas, and even reworked our safari route, so that we could stay at our first choice lodge at Ngorongoro Crater. All of our communication with her was done via email, and we always got very prompt replies to our questions. A couple of times hes was not available, but her assistant , was quick to send answers to our requests. We were able to make all the safari payments via bank , through Our driver met us at the Arusha airport, and our 10 day amazing adventure began. Our driver, Philip , was great - he was very personable, knowledgeable about Tanzania, and boy, could he spot the animals. We could tell he has driven on many safaris because he always managed to position our vehicle, so we got great viewing of the animals, or they walked right by our vehicle. He took great care of us, it was a pleasure to spend 10 days with him. Highly recommend him as a driver! Our safari route included Tarangire Park, Lake Euyasi , Serengeti NP, Ngorongoro Crater, Oldvai Gorge, and Lake Manyara. Amazing safari, and it was reasonably priced, and Expedition Africa even booked our flights to/from Arusha (within Africa). Highlight of our trip was watching the Wildebeest Migration in Serengeti - thousands and thousands of animals running across the road right in front of our vehicle - just like the pictures I’ve seen but I was there!!

6th December 2018