102 reviews for 11 tours
T

TimothySykes

Planning: I scheduled my trek with Unique Adventures in mid-September 2019. The plan was to beat the main portion of peak season. I knew that meant pushing back closer to Nepal’s rainy season. Upon reaching Kathmandu, the airport in Lukla was closed due to heavy cloud & fog. I had extra days in my schedule and used them up waiting for the airport to reopen. Which did not happen in time for me to continue with my original plan. Throughout this process Unique Adv. (Mr. Krishna) was very understanding and helpful in explaining options and alternatives, so I could make the best choice for a substitute itinerary. Execution: From that point on I cannot speak more highly of how my trek went. My Guide (Nuri) & porter (Gopal) were always taking care of me and ensuring my safety. As we grew to know one another it made the trip even more pleasurable. I learned many things, not only about the beautiful landscapes I was seeing, but about the culture and peoples of Nepal. My sincere thankfulness & Gratitude to Nuri & Gopal In Closing: Based on my own personal experience with Unique Adventures, I would not hesitate to recommend them as a great, friendly, and honest, guide service. One last note: If you are considering a trek in Nepal, understand that being flexible to change can make a huge difference. In my case it meant the difference in between Wonderful or mediocre, I chose wonderful. “You see the world not as it is, but as you are.” Have a great trek. Timmy

8th October 2019
B

Bir

He is a very friendly guide.

7th October 2019

Vu Minh Hieu

We really liked this trip, even if it was raining, the guide (Dev) and the porters made a very nice atmosphere, we even played Nepali card games. It was nice and challenging trip and we liked it very much.

17th September 2019

Romana Matsari

This hike was amazing. Is was my first hike ever so the last few days were a bit tough but still not as tough as I thought it would be. We had amazing views which i really enjoyed in the first few days but is was very rainy and cloudy in the last few days due to the monsoon season. I enjoyed passing the villages with kind locals and seeing so many animals anywhere. With good A/B or B shoes and magnesium powder you will be fine. You can buy water anywere but its mostly bottled. Great hike which I would love to do again in another season. I recommend this hike to anyone who only has a few days or for beginners. What I liked most about this trek was how much effort was put into making this such a great experience. Both the guide Dev and the porters Ramez and Amir were so approachable, kind, helpful and flexible. The company provided us with great guesthouses with warm water and private attached bathrooms and I also learned this fun Nepalese cardgame. I would definitely recommend booking with Unique Adventure 100 percent as I can't imagine the experience getting any better than with them.

17th September 2019
E

EricAckerman

Karma spoke good English and was very knowledgeable.

23rd August 2019
E

Erin

This trek was exactly what I had hoped for and more. I wanted a trek that got me away from the crowded areas in the Himalayas, and one where I got to experience the culture. This trek had it all. The company was in touch since I booked the tour, and was so helpful in the planning. They took care of everything from the moment we arrived at the airport. They made the experience seamless, fun, and it was a good price for what was included.

28th June 2019
S

SindhuNair

It was a wonderful experience. Dev was amazing , very supportive and caring.

16th June 2019

isselerhof

Unique Adventure is THE PRIME Trekking and Expedition Agency in the whole of Nepal, they have the best staff, the most experience and the best Service. The proprietor Khum has been in the Business since decades and knows all Major Players in the field and has the best contacts and People to get you to where you want to go ! I give Unique Adventure and Khum my highest possible recommendation. 5 STARS THROUGHOUT !!

16th June 2019

Bart Sadali

This is review and my personal impressions of 12 days Annapurna Base camp trek booked thru Unique Advanture with fantastic guide Dharma Subedi. It was my first trek in Himalayas, and it was really visually beautiful and fulfilling experience. Technically trekking starts near Pokhara ( Naya Pool to be exact - 1.5 hrs drive from Pokhara ) and last for 10 days, and because I was based in Kathmandu 2 more days were added for tourist bus ride between those places. The ride is on its own an interesting experience, and agency made sure seat was on the right side of the bus, allowing me to enjoy beautiful views. it takes 8 hours and road is quite bumpy, but defiantly worth it. I was accompanied by another trekker ( young girl from Hong Kong ) and her porter. Usually groups are much bigger, but beginning of June is off season and I was happy with this particular arrangement. My intentions were purely to disconnect from the busy life ( including internet ) and connect to the surroundings. I have also carried camera and gimbal to document the whole trip. Trek itself is not difficult, or technical, but if you carry your own little bit heavy backpack it can be challenging. You basically climb and descend hundreds of meters of elevation daily ( predominantly stairs ) oscillating between 2500m and 4100m for most of the time. One of the few people I have met on the way asked why pay for the guide when you can walk yourself. It is true, but I do not regret doing so in this particular case. Dharma is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable people you can hire in this area, and was really helpful choosing great places to eat and stay ( which were included in the price ). He answered hundreds of questions and interacted with local people, translating and helping to better understand their culture. He speaks good english, and he likes to throw a joke or two from time to time. Very positive and helpful person. Because I was slower than other trekker ( due to heavy backpack, age and different aim of the journey ) Dharma adopted his speed to mine and let other person and porter go first making both sides happy. Overall the whole trip was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. Both ways - as a part of the personal journey ( looking into myself ), and time spent on admiring and contemplating external beauty of the Himalayas.

13th June 2019

Stephen Chang

I love the tour, beautiful scenario, challenging route, it was for sure an unforgettable once in a lifetime experience. My guide Dev is a really friendly guy and very caring, he is also very knowledgeable about the areas. We even become friend after the trip. If i go back to Nepal for trekking, I will for sure ask Dev to be my guide again.

3rd June 2019