34 reviews for 27 tours
AW

Alison Woods

No cooking was included with the host family as listed. The hike was more a walk around the town. Upset that day 3 did not include the volunteering at the school as mentioned. This was one of the main reasons we booked. The Tibet Refuge was closed as it was the weekend but this wasn't factured into the itinerary.

13th March 2020
S

SiguteGaucyte

Great organisation, our group had a perfect time, thanks to Manakamana. Quick reaction to all of our requirements and always friendly faces. Thanks to Manakamana, we had a great time in Nepal, went rafting, on various excursions and had a very memorable culture night. The trekking route was absolutely beautiful and the accommodation organised for us there was perfect. Overall, the service was excellent and we will most certainly come back to Nepal, thanks to them.

20th January 2020
SS

Sanjeeva Samaratunga

Experience was good. The agents & guides were friendly and helpful. But, the itineraries are not accurate and current as some places are not accessible and open now.

6th January 2020
SA

Steven Allen

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Bhutan is an amazing place and is still relatively untouched by tourism. The itinerary, guide and driver were all excellent and although there were only two of us on the tour, I think it's fair to say we enjoyed every minute of it. Food was plentiful and delicious. Hotels were all very comfortable. Hiking up to the Tiger’s Nest monastery on the last full day in Bhutan was a highlight I will never forget. Thank you Achut and your team for giving me an amazing, unforgettable holiday.

21st December 2019
PB

Paul Burdett

i have incorrectly rated overall as 1 star whereas I intended to rate as 3 star/average. I think the problem is that there is not so much to see on a touring holiday of Nepal. It is probablybest suited for trekking or mountain pursuits.

25th November 2019
S

SophieSullivan

We spent two weeks in Nepal with Manakamana Treks, visiting Kathmandu, Pokhara and a 5 day trek in the Annapurna region. Every member of the team we came into contact with was so friendly and helpful, making our trip one to remember! Our itinerary was so varied with just the right amount of sightseeing and time to explore for ourselves and we felt so taken care of right from stepping off the plane. We were recommended this company from my parents and would not hesitate to continue to recommend them in the future. Thank you all for an amazing experience in such a wonderful country!

24th November 2019

Inga Novak

Sanga in Bhutan was fantastic tour guide. Accomodation was ok, but very long drives between places are tiring. Too many temples, would rather prefer the cultural show or natural baths to be included into iternairy.

20th November 2019

Sonja cerne

Namaste Achut, It’s a very friendly agency with people who speak English and know very well country and culture, it’s always a pleasure to listen story about people or temples. Very comfortable car and quite driver.

15th November 2019
W

WayneWright

Don’t even consider going to Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet without first contacting Achut at Manakamana Treks…that’s my simple advice! I just completed (Oct 2019) a three week cultural/sightseeing/day hiking trip in all three countries and Achut and his team were just outstanding in what they arranged and their level of service during the trip. My base in Nepal was an excellent hotel right in Thamel (Kathmandu tourist hub) and Achut met us in the hotel lobby EVERY single time we left on a tour or arrived back at the hotel. He checked if all was well, briefed us on the day and/or next day’s plans and was there even if it was just to see us off to the airport in the car/van. We were looked after as if we were family (including even a lunch and visit to his home) and I had complete confidence throughout the whole trip that everything was being very carefully planned and monitored. In Nepal, we had Keshav, Manakamana’s chief cultural guide, as our guide for the various day trips and visits around Kathmandu and he was absolutely excellent. For the trips to Bhutan and Tibet, Achut does ALL the visas, etc paperwork and works with outstanding local travel companies who provided absolutely excellent hotels and extremely knowledgeable, professional and interesting local guides and drivers who looked after us for the whole duration of the visits. I booked this trip on a single basis as my wife can’t deal with high altitudes. As soon as I agreed to the single supplement, the whole trip was guaranteed…even if I was the only one booked during the period! As it turned out, some days I was alone with my guide while on others I had one other person along and one day three other guests. And Achut was also very flexible on the itinerary and made a few custom changes which I had requested. This is the absolutely the best way to travel; flexible, fully guided for all the sights but free time in evenings and no monster tour buses and crowds to deal with. And all at an extremely competitive price offering excellent value for your dollar. I did not “trek” on the trip, but since both Achut and Keshav both began their tourism careers over 18 years ago as trek guides, I am sure that they bring the same quality and care to their trekking trips. I am totally confident in unreservedly recommending Achut and Manakamana Treks and Expedition Ltd for any travel needs in this part of the world. Wayne Wright, Toronto, Canada

7th November 2019
M

MCEisele

I really enjoyed my tour, so much to see and do at the three different locations with great accommodations and food. The rafting and elephant safari were my favorites. The only issue I had was on the 6th day, the driver took us on a long (approx. 3.5 mile) uphill hike (along a rocky and sometimes slippery trail) from our hotel through the jungle to the World Peace Stupa. This was not in the posted itinerary and I had no idea where we were going. I was too tired to go to the stupa but had lunch at one of the cafes at the top of the hill and took a cab back to the hotel. Given the high heat and humidity that day, had I been informed of the distance and difficulty of the hike, I would have opted out. The rest of the trip was fantastic, a wonderful experience.

31st October 2019