Everything was just outstanding! Our Guide Sebastian was very professional, attuned to our needs and knowledgeable in the history of the places we visited. He custom made our itinerary when we could no longer walk which we are very appreciative of his efforts. We enjoyed our time tremendously
A friend, his wife, my wife and I utilized tourradar to hike the coastal paths of southern Portugal. The support was excellent and completely satisfied our needs as independent hikers. Everything was taken care of and thus we completely enjoyed ourselves.
Another excellent walking holiday arranged through NAC. Perfect organisation of pick ups and transfers, and a beautiful place to visit and explore on foot.
Really enjoyed the tour. The walks were beautiful but we did not expect so many stairs. Some of the walks had some difficult parts that if you were not physically fit would have been very hard to finish.
Patsy Mike Anderson
We really enjoyed the variety of walking days, especially if you include a climb of Cima del Cacciatore (fantastic!). The accommodation was comfortable and everything really well organised. Absolutely recommended.
The combination of walks, hikes, and spas thereafter was nice. Breakfasts were varied with a lot of choices. Our drivers were always punctual, helpful, and accommodating. Regarding the trails, we enjoyed them, though found the midweek 28 km trail too ambitious. The maps were necessary and well thought out; however they all needed more verbal description to accompany the diagrams and images. We are experienced travelers and navigators yet often found ouselves unsure whether we'd gone too far, not far enough, taken a wrong turn. More textual directions and landmark notations would help. Overall we had a marvelous adventure and appreciated the organization of our walks, transportation and accommodations. The nice weather helped too!
Overall excellent—maps and info were complete but the links to the trails on ViewRanger were invaluable, and helped us stay on track in some of the trickier spots—download all of the trail links for offline use! Also while advertised as suitable for ages 4-99, you need to be in reasonable hiking shape as the distances and elevation gains and descents are challenging. We are 60 and 70 years old and hiked 57 miles in 5 days—it felt like a real accomplishment—all beautiful and well worth it!
* The hiking guide book was fine, though I also used maps.
* Baggage transport was good.
* The region was beautiful and some of the hikes were very nice.
* Breakfast was fine.
* The company did change our accommodation for the final evening upon my request. See below.
* The accommodation was mixed. The first night was in Abersee. The pension was okay though very plain, but it was in the middle of nowhere. Why put someone there when they could be based in St Wolfgang or St Gilgen or Strobl. We had two nights in Abersee and they wanted to put us there for the last night as well, but I requested a change and the company thankfully accommodated with a nice hotel in Strobl.
* The hotel (Stadt Salzburg) in Bad Ischl was so bad that we left and I paid for a hotel on my own rather than staying there. Cost me $300. Stadt Salzburg had nothing to recommend it. The room was spartan to say the least and it smelled. The hotel is at the top of town near the main road. We changed to the Goldener Ochs which was lovely and right by the river and restaurants, etc.
* The tour was clearly aimed at people who do not care about ambience etc as long as the price is low.
* I think what the tour company needs to do is offer clients various hotels at different levels so they can choose what they want and be charged accordingly. It is important to have a nice room and good ambience and be in a location where there are restaurants and bars to enjoy after the long day hiking. The company did offer a 4 star option, but they did not list the hotels so one could check them out. I am not confident that the 4 star hotels would have been any better.
* The hotels in Bad Goisern and Strobl were nice.
Dear Stephen, I am glad that you enjoyed the walks and I am sorry that the accommodations did not entirely meet your expectations. Indeed, we have a 4-star optional hotel upgrade, and should you have enquired about it, we would have been happy to provide a list of sample hotels we use. Please note that it is a popular area and sometimes we have to book alternative hotels of similar or better quality to the ones listed on our website.
Regarding the Abersee hotel - we use it very often on this trip and no one has complained so far. It is a regular 3-star hotel with friendly staff and it has very good ratings on Tripadvisor and booking.com. It offers wonderful views of the mountains and the lake is only a few hundred metres away. Abersee is not St. Gilgen, but a small and quaint hamlet, whose tranquility is appreciated by most of our customers. In Bad Ischl and Bad Goisern you were accommodated in lively downtown locations. We always try to offer a mix of quiet places to relax and more vibrant locations. And I hope that you appreciated our flexibility to book you into another hotel on a very short notice and rearrange your luggage transfers after you changed your hotel.
-Alex from The Natural Adventure Company
Great countryside. Compared to some other supported rides we have done the route notes were scant. It would help a lot to introduce each day with something like “Almost all on cycling paths today although some short sections will be on busy main roads, none of these are more than X km”. And notes on what we are seeing; church built in YEAR by X and famous for..... etc. And info like “you are unlikely to pass any shops or open cafes today so take food” or “good cafe in this village next to church but not open after 1pm etc”
Also there were discrepancies, some big, between the very good marked up maps we were given at the start and the gpx files we received which led us astray.
We used rental bikes provided by the tour which were barely ok. Worked well but very heavy. Also a rigid map holder would have helped.
After the initial briefing couple of days before departure we heard nothing more from the local organiser. Of course we could contact him with any problems but perhaps the odd end of day text to see how we were going or end of tour text would be a good touch.
While this may sound critical we have done a few self guided supported tours and are comparing the details of this with prior experience.
I would like to share our great impression from Aznar, our guide and route planner - which contributed a lot to our wonderful hike/walk across and along the southern part of Sierra de Guadarrama- Spain.
All places were carefully arranged, including nutrition availability and special requirements...the locations of the accommodations were carefully planned and the overall feeling was great all along.
We liked the special attention of Esther and Pedro at Casa Pena Pintada (Cercediila) and the location of the hotel at Segovia.
The special idea we liked was hiking along backdoor trails between Segovia and Madrid part of which not marked and using very efficient descriptions alongside GPS - made it a very special close to the ground experience. This area is mostly toured by local people so we really enjoyed getting to know the walkers we met.
Above all we wish to express our great appreciation to Aznar, a very sensitive and smart guide. In our opinion he was the number 1 reason for the success of this special walking vacation.