Overall
Corfu Trail Short Break
A

AmyJohnson

This was a perfectly organised holiday, great job done by the natural adventure and their local team. Hotels could have been better but in fact I did not notice any better ones in the areas so I assume this is what is available - anyway the rooms were simple but nice and clean and the staff was very helpful. Highly recommended.

1st June 2018
Corfu Trail Short Break

Monica Lognion

The self guided tour was an amazing experience. The instructions in the booklet had good details to look for but including distance would have been helpful. I noticed that signage improved the further north I went on the trail. The transportation was great. The breakfast at the hotel in Asprokavos was delicious but breakfast was lacking in the other hotels.

31st May 2018
Trails of Cinque Terre (from Levanto to Portofino)
J

Joanna

It was a great holiday and organisation was perfect. I would assume that during high season there might be too many people on the trails, but in end of April / early May it was ok. It was our first self guided walking holiday and we enjoyed the flexibility we had. I would definitely do another one with The Natural Adventure Company. Thank you for all the support!

3rd May 2018
Trails of Cinque Terre (from Levanto to Portofino)
MB

Marie-Lyne Bourassa

I joined the tour solo. The hotels at Levanto and Camogli were perfect. The one in Riomaggiore was soso. The bed was very comfortable and the staff very nice but the location is not ideal. The village has little to offer and i would chose another spot. In Camogli, there is access to a public elevator across the train station, so use it if you walk with luggage. The trails are generally difficult and you need true fitness and endurance. The maps are excellent too. The trains are efficient but make allowance of lots of timeto arrive ahead especially at first as to u derstand the ‘system’. Its a busy area and i would never go in high season. My weather was spectacular and sunny. The Italian riviera is exquisite with food and people. Do not miss the sunset in Camogli where you can go for supper.

Operator's comment: Dear Marie-Lyne, Thanks for the honest review. We are glad that you liked the holiday, most of the hotels, and how we organised it, including the walks and the materials prepared by us. This area is truly wonderful, and this is no longer a secret, that is why we have tried to identify locations like Riomaggiore which are more tranquil and a bit off-the-beaten-track - which means that choice of hotel locations there is limited compared to the more touristy areas. However we always choose accommodations which are clean and have friendly staff - which I hope is the case with all hotels you stayed at.

26th April 2018
Rhodope Mountains Discovery
P

Poli

We did this Bulgaria Self Guided Walking Holiday with my husband in the summer of 2017. Everything was perfectly organized, we only had an issue with one of the drivers who could not find the hotel, but this was effectively solved by the TNAC team via their 24/7 helpline in a matter of minutes. Will definitely use them again for our 2018 holiday. Recommended.

Value for money

Operator's comment: Dear Poli, thanks for the review and we are glad that the issue with the driver was promptly solved by our local team.

6th November 2017
Mountains, Lakes and Parks of North Montenegro
B

Becky

My partner and I did the Summits and Lakes of North Montenegro Walking Holiday in the summer of 2017. It was our first walking holiday and we absolutely loved it! We booked the trip through Nick and he was very helpful over email and phone, answering any questions that we had. On the first day, Vladko came and met us at the hotel in Kolasin soon after we arrived. He gave us detailed maps and the GPS routes. He was super friendly and got us very excited! As for the hotel, it was very friendly and charming. It was nice to walk around Kolasin and have dinner at the restaurant recommended by TNAC. Vladko kept in touch throughout the trip via text with weather updates which was very handy. Lucky for us it only rained (and thundered!) on the first day of the trip. We loved staying in the katuns. Again the staff were super friendly, the katuns were warm and cosy and the food was just delicious. The hikes were great. Quite challenging in places, but absolutely worth it! On one of the days in Biogradska gora we had a little dip and drink from an icy spring of the Biogradska river after a long and hot hike. It was just perfect. The best thing for me about Biogradska gora was the wildflowers - so so many species and beautiful colours. And with the wildflowers came the butterflies. :) As for my partner, it was the incredible views and peaceful feeling of being surrounded by mountains. The scenery and hiking at Durmitor was a lot more rugged than Biogradska gora. We loved the hikes, and we went for a few swims in the lakes. The Black Lake was crystal clear and there were crayfish swimming in it. Perfect for a dip after a long hike. The accommodation here was nice and had great food. Taxis to Durmitor from the hotel were cheap (remember to get the taxi number to call for the return trip on your way out). My favourite thing about Durmitor was the long hike around the Medjed Peak Circuit, followed by a dip in the lake. We were lucky to see chamois on that day! (Bring your binoculars!). We have recommended TNAC to many of our friends and are currently booking another trip for our honeymoon in 2018. We cannot wait!

5th November 2017
AM

Alison Meadows

The trip was well organised and the accommodation exceeded expectations. The organisers were flexible in revising the itinerary when I hurt my knee just before we went. We definitely got a real flavour for Albania. The one negative is that the transfers especially towards the end of the holiday did not work.

5th October 2017
בב

ביסתרה בן אריה

אני מאוד מרוצה מהחברה הזאת. הכל היה נפלא. אני אחזור ואשתמש בשרותיכם בהנאה גדולה.

27th September 2017
AE

Angela Everson

The walking was probably harder than expected due to the nature of the terrain

24th September 2017
AT

Alan Thompson

I enjoyed the trip. The hotels were great and the transport arrangements worked very well. The Tatra Mountains were very challenging in places. 3 suggestions: 1. You should supply luggage labels for our bags. 2. The walking notes need to be condensed with fewer maps and more details about the walks. 3. The guide gave us new routes when we arrived - these should have all been included in the walking notes rather than being new information.

18th September 2017