- Hiking & trekking in Iceland & Greenland since 1994
- Revolutionizing the outdoor adventure scene
- Minimal environmental impact and 'leave no trace' philosophy
- Multi-day tours for all activity levels
Icelandic Mountain Guides is a leading Iceland tour operator with over over twenty years of experience servicing clients from all over the world. Our tour company offers a great selection of guided adventure tours in Iceland and Greenland, including hiking, glacier ...
Icelandic Mountain Guides is a leading Iceland tour operator with over over twenty years of experience servicing clients from all over the world. Our tour company offers a great selection of guided adventure tours in Iceland and Greenland, including hiking, glacier tours, backpacking, trekking, mountain climbing, ice climbing, cross country skiing and more. We have a tour for people of all levels. Over the years, we have learned a thing or two about accommodating and adapting to different needs, preferences, cultures and languages. If you or your travel group is looking for a specialist in the wilderness of Iceland or Greenland, one that emphasizes cooperation, environmental sustainability and safety then, Icelandic Mountain Guides is the tour operator for your next Iceland vacation. IMG operates from their company headquarters in Reykjavik year-round, and from their base camp located in the beautiful Skaftafell National Park situated in the South-east part of the country at the foot of the Vatnajokull Glacier, from May – September.Read more
2 Icelandic Mountain Guides Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- LauraMountains and Fjords of the North4.0 - GoodWritten on May 6, 2018Fun trip, but I wish I would have known that the snowpack and conditions are highly variable. My trip in March was more like spring conditions in the Rocky Moun…Read moreIcelandic Mountain Guides commented on this reviewHello Laura and thank you for the feedback. It really means a lot to us to hear from our customers. It is true that the snow conditions in Iceland can be very unpredictable and inconsistent. Leifur and Roger are one of our finest guides and I am happy that you got the chance to meet them. We hope to see you again soon on another adventure. Best regards, Íris
- DDianeNorthern Lights and Ice Cave Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 1, 2018Great small group tour! Wonderful guide, amazing experience!Icelandic Mountain Guides commented on this reviewThank you for the review Diane. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed this experience with us. Hopefully we will see you again if you come back to Iceland. Best regards, Íris
Icelandic Mountain Guides Tours
About Icelandic Mountain Guides
Icelandic Mountain Guides videos
- Golden Circle and Magical Nights
- Greenland Winter Adventure
- Icelandic Mountain Guides Day Tours
- Mt. Gunnbjörn, the highest peak in Greenland
- Oceans, Valleys and Peaks
- Show more...
- Volcanic trails of Iceland - Trekking in the wilderness of the Strutur trail
- Alpine Ski Touring in East Greenland - Remote Peaks of Greenland
- Backcountry Skiing in the Deep Arctic - East Greenland Winter Adventure
- Iceland Winter Adventures with Ice Caves, Northern Lights, Glaciers and Waterfalls
- The Laugavegur Trail - from Landmannalaugar to Þórsmörk
- Iceland Northern Lights and Ice Cave Adventure - winter short break
- Around Iceland With Icelandic Mountain Guides
- Kayaking in Greenland
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What's the language in Iceland?
The language in Iceland is Icelandic. It is a Nordic language of Germanic origin and related to Scandinavian languages. It is the language of the Vikings and has not changed much over the centuries. English is spoken by almost everyone as well as some European languages.
When should I visit?
Each season has its own charm. The summer remains the most popular season for enjoying the outdoors and different activities. Mid June to mid September offers the biggest selection of organized tours. The fall and winter are a time of lighter traffic, beautiful colors and the amazing northern lights as well as various winter activities. It is also a time of festivals and spending Christmas and New Years in Iceland is a unique experience.
What are the different difficult levels?
Accessible to all people in good health.
Accessible to all those in good health, who are doing some sport regularly, and who are used to all-terrain walks. 4-6 hours walk per day, without much carrying.
Suites those that are physically active and have some background in basic traveling in mountainous terrain with a backpack. 6-7 hrs walks per day.
Demanding some effort and certain endurance. Good health and some hiking experience is required. 6-8 hours walk per day. Often involves carrying your own gear.
Only suitable for people physically and psychologically prepared for highly engaging experience. Expedition level. Often involves carrying your own gear.