MS Fridtjof Nansen
- 140 m / 459 ft
- Gross Tonnage
- 20 889 T
- 23.6 m / 77 ft
- Cruising Speed
- 15 knots
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom-built ships – and represents the next generation of expedition ships. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Featuring Hurtigruten's revolutionary, battery-powered, hybrid propulsion system, MS Fridtjof Nansen will be a near identical twin to her sister ship MS Roald Amundsen.
Combining state-of-the-art technology and a premium on board experience with Hurtigruten’s 125 years of experience and unparalleled destinations, the two Norwegian built ships introduce the next generation of adventure travel.
On board MS Fridtjof Nansen
The stunning scenery will be reflected in a rich and comfortable interior design. Scandinavian materials from nature, such as granite, oak, birch, and wool will be used to create relaxed and stylish cabins and public areas. All cabins are outside cabins, and 50% of all cabins will have private balconies. Aft suites will feature private outdoor Jacuzzis with spectacular views.
The core of the onboard experience is the Nansen Science Center, an edutainment venue where guests and crew members meet to foster a deeper understanding of the areas we explore. The Nansen Science Center will also be the onboard headquarters for the expedition team.
After a day of exploring new destinations, guests can relax and rejuvenate in the elegant Explorer Lounge, a large gym and Wellness center, or enjoy the scenery and sunsets on the massive in- and outdoor Observation Decks with the aft infinity pool and hot tubs as a couple of the highlights.
Each expedition voyage is accompanied by a hand-picked team of specialists and modern-day explorers. Highly experienced, passionate, and knowledgeable, the expedition team will be your guides and guardians on your cruise of exploration, instructing you on safety, sustainability, and science.
MS Fridtjof Nansen will feature a variety of custom-built expedition equipment, including kayaks, a fleet of Blueye underwater drones, and expedition boats for safe landings in remote areas.
In the Footsteps of a Great Explorer
The newest addition to our fleet will honor the heritage of her namesake – the Norwegian explorer, scientist, humanitarian, and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Fridtjof Nansen. Known for his innovations in Arctic expeditions, Nansen led the first crossing of Greenland on cross-country skis. He is perhaps most famous for his attempt to reach the geographical North Pole during the Fram Expedition (1893-1896).
Interestingly, after Nansen's Fram expedition, the ship was passed on to another great explorer who secretly planned an expedition to the South Pole - Roald Amundsen.
Featuring Hurtigruten’s revolutionary, battery-powered, hybrid propulsion system, MS Fridtjof Nansen will be a near identical twin to her sister ship MS Roald Amundsen.
- Gym and wellness
- Observation lounge
- Outdoor decks
- Restaurant & Cuisine
- Room service
- Suite service
Staterooms / Suites
- Corner Suite w/balcony (MC)
- Suite w/balcony (ME)
- XL Suite (MA)
- XL Suite (MB)
- Large suite w/balcony (MD)
- Corner suite (MF)
Aft Corner Suite with private balcony and hot tub. Various sizes, large windows, flexible sleeping arrangements, some with sofa, TV, minibar, bathrobe, kettle, tea and coffee, espresso maker. Please note: This cabin is automatically made with a double bed. To order twin beds, please notify us at time of booking.
MS Fridtjof Nansen's three restaurants will host a variety of dining options, with menus drawn from our rich Norwegian and Nordic tradition, as well as international cuisine and local inspiration.
Whether enjoying your meal at Aune Main Dining, Fredheim – the informal international meeting place, or the specialty restaurant Lindstrøm, you will indulge in low-key yet refined, modern Norwegian Nordic cooking – where our honest and delicious cuisine reflects our destinations.
MS Fridtjof Nansen Tours
- Exploration of Antarctica, Patagonia and the Falklands (Northbound) 19 daysStarts Buenos AiresEnds Montevideo$10,897
- Antarctica – Highlights of the Frozen Continent (Itinerary 1) 12 daysStarts Buenos AiresEnds Buenos Aires$8,355
- Antarctica – Highlights of the Frozen Continent (Itinerary 2) 17 daysStarts Buenos AiresEnds Buenos Aires$12,173
- The Heart of Greenland with Disko Bay 16 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$8,091
- Exploration of Antarctica, Patagonia and the Falklands (Southbound) 19 daysStarts MontevideoEnds Buenos Aires$10,905
- Exploring Norway's Fjords and the North Cape 15 daysStarts HamburgEnds Hamburg$7,756
- Exploring Iceland and Beyond (Northbound) 15 daysStarts HamburgEnds Reykjavik$6,587
- Exploring Iceland and Beyond (Southbound) 15 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Hamburg$6,008
- Antarctica, Patagonia, Chilean Fjords - Exploration of the Southern Highlights (Southbound) 2021 18 daysStarts ValparaisoEnds Buenos Aires$11,762
- Antarctica – Highlights of the Frozen Continent 2021-2022 12 daysStarts Buenos AiresEnds Buenos Aires$8,248
- Circumnavigating Iceland - The Land of Elves, Sagas and Volcanoes (Itinerary 1) 9 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjanes$5,271
- Disko Bay - The Heart of Greenland (Itinerary 1) 16 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$9,023
- Greenland and Baffin Island – The Ultimate Arctic Island Exploration 20 daysStarts CopenhagenEnds Copenhagen$15,179
- Antarctica and Falklands - Southern Hemisphere Adventure 19 daysStarts Buenos AiresEnds Buenos Aires$11,129
- Disko Bay – The Heart of Greenland (Itinerary 2) 14 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Copenhagen$8,518
- East Coast U.S. – Into the History of Modern America (Itinerary 2) 9 daysStarts BostonEnds Nassau$2,150
- Atlantic Canada and Northeast U.S. - Fall Foliage (Itinerary 2) 9 daysStarts HalifaxEnds Boston$2,542
- Greenland and Atlantic Canada - Expedition of History, Culture and Nature (Itinerary 2) 13 daysStarts CopenhagenEnds Halifax$7,859
- Peru and Chile - Machu Picchu and Incan Highlights (Itinerary 2) 11 daysStarts LimaEnds Valparaiso$8,430
- Peru and Chile - Galápagos Islands and Incan Highlights (Itinerary 1) 14 daysStarts QuitoEnds Valparaiso$8,430
- Azores and Madeira – Atlantic Island Exploration 11 daysStarts LisbonEnds Lisbon$4,156
- European Atlantic Coast – Cultural Highlights 13 daysStarts LisbonEnds Hamburg$4,159
- The British Isles and the Faroe Islands – Castles, Capitals and Vikings 10 daysStarts HamburgEnds Reykjavik$3,601