“The tour was everything I expected and more! Our tour guide, Isaac, was very friendly and accommodating. He was very approachable and eager to offer any guidance and recommendations to ensure we got everything we wanted out of our trip. We had such a great...“
Awards & Recognitions
- Local guides share must-see spots
- Flexible free-time to explore your way
- Small group experiences for meaningful travel
- Personalise your trip with scheduled optionals
Connect all your travel dots with hotspots2c's all-round travel & tour service to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa, including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ att...
Connect all your travel dots with hotspots2c's all-round travel & tour service to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa, including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ attractions, best overnight stops and get you to experience all the ‘must-do’ optional activities on our flexible tour packages! Hotspots2c complete tour packages are designed for the young-at-heart with itchy feet, keen to discover and explore South Africa! A hotspots2c tour is one of the most fun, safe and affordable ways to see the tourist hotspots from Cape Town. With us you have the convenience of an “off the beaten track” tour, but the freedom to choose what to do and where to stay.Read more
198 Hotspots2c Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- SCsergioGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.0 - GoodWritten on November 27, 2017Our guide Handré was very nice and professional. The trip was good.Hotspots2c commented on this reviewThanks Sergio for this great review. Our guides are all passionate locals who love showing the best of our beautiful country, and good to know our tour packages delivered too. Thanks for the recommendation, keep exploring - from team Hotspots2c
- FCFlorenceGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.0 - GoodWritten on November 24, 2017Great tour, excellent guide- stayed in the guest house- short drive away from backpackersHotspots2c commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Florence. Excited to know you loved the tour and your tour guide. Never stop exploring, from Ferdi and team Hotspots2c
- MLMinjungGarden Route and Cape Winelands4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 19, 2017Very nice, beautiful and amazing tour. High recommend!Hotspots2c commented on this reviewBig ups for the shoutout and the review. Thanks for recommending our 7day combo tour - we'll make sure your friends and family also have a good time when they visit South Africa.. bet it's gonna be soon. Alwaus adventure, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- CMCharmaineGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.0 - GoodWritten on October 24, 2017The tour was everything I expected and more! Our tour guide, Isaac, was very friendly and accommodating. He was very approachable and eager to offer any guidanc…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewYup, South Africa will alwyas have a spacial place in one's heart. Unforgetable indeed and thanks for recommending the trip to your friends and family too. Happy that you also loved the flexibility our small group tours offer, and we've made sure to give your positive feedbqack to Isaac too. He has a heart of gold and like all our local guides, know exactly where to go and what options to offer for every scenario - and trust us, every trip is unique.. Sure, we have a set itinerary guideline, but as the group sizes are never more than 13 people per bus & guide, it's easy to make detours and make sure the expectations of the individuals on tour are met. Keep exploring, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- JuanGarden Route and Addo Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 29, 2017…he tour guide was beyond anyone else I would definitely be contacting Hotspots2c again.Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewB E S T, our favourite 4 letters... well, also "Lion" - Look a lion! Haha, especially after spotting a pride in Addo Elephant National park.. and lions are not even common to spot in Addo! Excellent guidance from our local guides ensures exciting and eventful safaris. Thanks for this 5-star review, we appreciate the love - contact us again anytime! We'd love to make sure your next adventure is just as epic. Never stop exploring, from team Hotspots2c
- Hotspots2c To See More
- Oh Africa!
- Fall in Love with South Africa
- See South Africa!
Celebrating individuality, diversity, respect and belief in one another, Hotspots2c are firm believers in making a difference in someone’s life. They take it seriously to be accountable for the impact we have on our planet, the communities and towns they visit and the country they live in. They continuously challenge themselves to bring about meaningful and positive change whenever and wherever they can.
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How many other people will be on the tour?
It depends on how many other people book, but usually the group sizes range from 4 to 12 people per tour. We run small group tours with no more than 13 travellers per vehicle or tour guide. This small group size lend a more personal touch to our tours, and keep the itinerary options a bit more flexible.
Do I need to change money before the tour?
We don’t recommend carrying large amounts of cash. We recommend withdrawing cash from ATMs during the tour. Please ensure your bank is aware that you will be travelling.
Is there an age limit? Can children join?
No, children under the age of 12 years are not allowed on scheduled group tour packages. Children under 18 years (from 12 to 17 years) of age must be accompanied by a suitable or suitably qualified, fare paying adult companion. We do not have a maximum age limit requirement, but tours are designed for young-at-heart travellers. At the discretion of Hotspots2c management, we may consider younger children on certain tours if they meet certain criteria and a request is received for consideration.
What to pack and how much luggage is allowed per person?
Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and at own risk, two pieces of luggage of a total mass not exceeding 35 pounds (20kg). Contact us a well in advance to make arrangements for extra luggage.
– Pack light. A backpack is ideal for shorter trips. Bring a warm jacket for cold evenings or open vehicle 4×4 game drives. Insect repellent & sunscreen lotion is advisable. Remember to pack comfortable walking shoes, a hat for hikes and please bring your own beach towel.
Can I request changes on the scheduled group itinerary mentioned?
If you are joining a scheduled tour, the itinerary is set and cannot be changes to each person’s needs. Tour itineraries are listed as guidelines and are subject to change without notice. All highlights included in the tour will be visited, but in no specific order. Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
How flexible are scheduled tour departure dates?
Group tours have set departure dates and cannot be changed. Scheduled group tours are guaranteed to go, so you never have to worry about your tour being cancelled at the last minute. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it – you’re going, guaranteed.
Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
If the meals are not included in the tour price, will I need to pack food?
Meals are usually not included, but there are plenty of time to buy food on tour. This offers the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots.
- Breakfast for each overnight stay is available to purchase at your overnight accommodation or you buy a snack from supermarkets the previous evening. 3-star luxury B&B accommodation packages include a full breakfast for each overnight stay.
- Lunch will be en route with limited time & limited options to choose from.
- Dine at famous restaurants; or book meals with the overnight accommodation. Your guide can advise you and transport you to the best local restaurants each night.
Some backpackers even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients on tour to prepare your own meals.
What to do if I do not want to partake in optional activities scheduled on tour?
Optional activities are offered and scheduled as part of the tour’s free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. If you do not wish to join a specific optional activity – no worries, you can then relax or explore the surrounding area.
Do I need to book Optional Activities in advance?
All optional activities scheduled on the tour are already reserved for the whole tour group by our operations team. Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can therefore only be paid and confirmed on the day of the activity. Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments, or your tour guide can take you to an ATM to draw cash as you need it.
Can I upgrade to luxury 3-star B&B accommodation option?
Yes, simply add a note on your booking request to receive the upgrade fee applicable. Budget accommodation packages stay at backpacker hostels with lively atmosphere, while the 3-star luxury B&B accommodation options overnight at cosy guesthouses in a peaceful environment, situated away from the backpackers accommodation. Luxury guest house rooms offer en suite bathrooms and include breakfast for each overnight stay.