Awards & Recognitions
- Local guides share must-see spots
- Flexible free-time to explore your way
- Small group experiences for meaningful travel
- Personalise your trip with scheduled optionals
Connect all your travel dots with hotspots2c's all-round travel & tour service to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa, including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ attr...
Connect all your travel dots with hotspots2c's all-round travel & tour service to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa, including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ attractions, best overnight stops and get you to experience all the ‘must-do’ optional activities on our flexible tour packages! Hotspots2c complete tour packages are designed for the young-at-heart with itchy feet, keen to discover and explore South Africa! A hotspots2c tour is one of the most fun, safe and affordable ways to see the tourist hotspots from Cape Town. With us you have the convenience of an “off the beaten track” tour, but the freedom to choose what to do and where to stay.Read more
307 Hotspots2c Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- TinaCape and Garden Route Complete5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 24, 2019Liezel was just amazing!! She was fun, informative, flexible, and wonderful!! She didn't let the rain slow us down and showed us so many wonderful sights inclu…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewYeah, that's our Liezel! The weather definitely does not ruin a day with our tours..our guides will always make a plan to turn this into an adventure... Thanks for letting us know you loved the Cape Town and Beyond tour with your local guide Liezel. Keep'on adventuring, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- BelindaGarden Route and Cape Winelands4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 8, 2019Isaac was the best, always going out of his way to accommodate everyone in everyway. Had a great time with him and the tour was fab, hope I get Isaac again on a…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewThanks so much for this excellent feedback, Belinda. We've made sure Isaac get this praise and thanks again for taking the time to rate your Hotspots2c experience. Always keep'on adventuirn' - from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- RolandGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 14, 2019We had a Fantastic time with JP he was great. We saw a lot and had a great time in South Africa. We toured the garden route and walked with the elephants and ha…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewYou can never have too much fun along the Garden Route, right?! Thanks for the excellent feedback and letting JP know you loved this trip with him. Keep'on adventuring, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- LWildlife and Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019Excellent activities, very informative and good funHotspots2c commented on this reviewGreat stuff, glad to know you loved it! From team Hotspots2c
- LWildlife and Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019I love that this tour goes to two different reserves. They complimented each other perfectly. Nice to know there is a kitchen at backpackers should you wish to …Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewYeah, having the option to view wildlife in two different game reserves certainly increase the odds of seeing more of the Big 5 and other wildlife. Thanks for the compliments, we love it when guests love the trips too. Keep'on adventuring; from team Hotspots2c
- NWildlife and Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019Our driver guide did a wonderful job, he went out of his way buying things to taste, he always made sure we were properly settled in be it for meals, hotels etc…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewSuperb - we strongly believe the journey is just as important (if not more) than the destination, and the cuisine of a country offers a clear expression of the cultural identity. So if you try our local delicacies, you'll taste and savor our country's essence ..food is an essential ingredient to any travel experience. Even on this safari trip we aim to make you sample some of our national treats.. braai anyone?! Thanks for this 5-star review and keep'on adventuring, from Ferdi & hotspots2c tours
- NGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019Tour and tour guide very well organized. Is there maybe any museum worth visiting along the route? Any chance to fit in longer walks in the national parks? The …Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewThanks for your trip review and trip feedback. Super stoked that you loved the glamping accommodation at Buffelsdrift Game Lodge..being so close to nature is definitely not something most get to do in their life. Jbay has various museums to visit during your free time there. Duck into the JB Surf Museum and learn about the evolution of the surfboard.. or, if you’re a beachcomber at heart, the Jeffreys Bay’s shell museum boasts one of the largest collections and unique Indian Ocean folktales. If you ever get back to South Africa again, do make sure to hit us up - we'd love to show you more of South Africa. Keep'on adventuring - from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- DGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019I liked the journey, Kysna was my favourite overnight stop.Hotspots2c commented on this reviewBeautiful Knysna, the shimmering emerald jewel of the Garden Route, lazes on the edge of the lagoon and the Knysna Heads, a pair of rocky sandstone cliffs surrounded by the lagoon and the Indian Ocean is an unforgettable sight indeed :) This is also one of my personal favourite spots in the world! Thanks again for the excellent review, loving this kind of feedback.. always keep’on adventuring - from Ferdi and team Hotspots2c
- MGarden Route and Addo Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019Great experience and interesting variety of activities. Everything along the journey fine with regular stops to relax. Afrovibe is my favourite accommodation an…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewGreat value, top guide, favourite accommodation and fun activities..now that sums up an unforgettable trip! Thanks for letting us know you loved your Hotspots2c tour experience. Always keep'on adventuring, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- DGarden Route and Safari4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 3, 2019Backpackers Paradise was great. Wish there were a few more stops during the long journeys,even if they were short but must be cool things to see.Hotspots2c commented on this reviewTotally agree with you, Backpackers Paradise is a welcome oasis in the midst of the Klein Karoo's dusty plains. Our itineraries are scheduled to stop approximately every 90 minutes to break up longer journeys. But if you see a specific photo stop along the way, do notify the guide en route - if time allows, he's make a plan to work in additional photostops. Thanks for this excellent review and safe travels for your future adventures, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- Wildlife Safari
- South African Garden Route and Addo Adventure
- 15 days To See South Africa
- 3day Garden Route + Safari
- 2day Wildlife + Safari
- Show more...
- 3day Western Cape Wow
- South Africa - Country of Contrasts Tour
- Tour South Africa with Guide Gerhard
- TourRadar presents South Africa with Hotspots2c
- A Country of Contrasts - South Africa Vlog with John
Celebrating individuality, diversity, respect and belief in one another, Hotspots2c are firm believers in making a difference in someone’s life. They take it seriously to be accountable for the impact we have on our planet, the communities and towns they visit and the country they live in. They continuously challenge themselves to bring about meaningful and positive change whenever and wherever they can.
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How many other people will be on the tour?
It depends on how many other people book, but usually the group sizes range from 4 to 12 people per tour. We run small group tours with no more than 13 travellers per vehicle or tour guide. This small group size lend a more personal touch to our tours, and keep the itinerary options a bit more flexible.
Do I need to change money before the tour?
We don’t recommend carrying large amounts of cash. We recommend withdrawing cash from ATMs during the tour. Please ensure your bank is aware that you will be travelling.
Is there an age limit? Can children join?
No, children under the age of 12 years are not allowed on scheduled group tour packages. Children under 18 years (from 12 to 17 years) of age must be accompanied by a suitable or suitably qualified, fare paying adult companion. We do not have a maximum age limit requirement, but tours are designed for young-at-heart travellers. At the discretion of Hotspots2c management, we may consider younger children on certain tours if they meet certain criteria and a request is received for consideration.
What to pack and how much luggage is allowed per person?
Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and at own risk, two pieces of luggage of a total mass not exceeding 35 pounds (20kg). Contact us a well in advance to make arrangements for extra luggage.
– Pack light. A backpack is ideal for shorter trips. Bring a warm jacket for cold evenings or open vehicle 4×4 game drives. Insect repellent & sunscreen lotion is advisable. Remember to pack comfortable walking shoes, a hat for hikes and please bring your own beach towel.
Can I request changes on the scheduled group itinerary mentioned?
If you are joining a scheduled tour, the itinerary is set and cannot be changes to each person’s needs. Tour itineraries are listed as guidelines and are subject to change without notice. All highlights included in the tour will be visited, but in no specific order. Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
How flexible are scheduled tour departure dates?
Group tours have set departure dates and cannot be changed. Scheduled group tours are guaranteed to go, so you never have to worry about your tour being cancelled at the last minute. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it – you’re going, guaranteed.
Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
If the meals are not included in the tour price, will I need to pack food?
Meals are usually not included, but there are plenty of time to buy food on tour. This offers the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots.
- Breakfast for each overnight stay is available to purchase at your overnight accommodation or you buy a snack from supermarkets the previous evening. 3-star luxury B&B accommodation packages include a full breakfast for each overnight stay.
- Lunch will be en route with limited time & limited options to choose from.
- Dine at famous restaurants; or book meals with the overnight accommodation. Your guide can advise you and transport you to the best local restaurants each night.
Some backpackers even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients on tour to prepare your own meals.
What to do if I do not want to partake in optional activities scheduled on tour?
Optional activities are offered and scheduled as part of the tour’s free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. If you do not wish to join a specific optional activity – no worries, you can then relax or explore the surrounding area.
Do I need to book Optional Activities in advance?
All optional activities scheduled on the tour are already reserved for the whole tour group by our operations team. Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can therefore only be paid and confirmed on the day of the activity. Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments, or your tour guide can take you to an ATM to draw cash as you need it.
Can I upgrade to luxury 3-star B&B accommodation option?
Yes, simply add a note on your booking request to receive the upgrade fee applicable. Budget accommodation packages stay at backpacker hostels with lively atmosphere, while the 3-star luxury B&B accommodation options overnight at cosy guesthouses in a peaceful environment, situated away from the backpackers accommodation. Luxury guest house rooms offer en suite bathrooms and include breakfast for each overnight stay.