“Liezel was just amazing!! She was fun, informative, flexible, and wonderful!! She didn't let the rain slow us down and showed us so many wonderful sights including a brief city tour, the Natural History Museum. The coastline and surfers, the penguins at B...“
Awards & Recognitions
- Local guides share must-see spots
- Flexible free-time to explore your way
- Small group experiences for meaningful travel
- Personalise your trip with scheduled optionals
Connect all your travel dots with hotspots2c's all-round travel & tour service to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa, including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ attr...
Connect all your travel dots with hotspots2c's all-round travel & tour service to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa, including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ attractions, best overnight stops and get you to experience all the ‘must-do’ optional activities on our flexible tour packages! Hotspots2c complete tour packages are designed for the young-at-heart with itchy feet, keen to discover and explore South Africa! A hotspots2c tour is one of the most fun, safe and affordable ways to see the tourist hotspots from Cape Town. With us you have the convenience of an “off the beaten track” tour, but the freedom to choose what to do and where to stay.Read more
307 Hotspots2c Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- ABAnirbanGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.0 - GoodWritten on February 1, 2020Had taken the 4 nights and 5 days Garden route and addo tour. The guide and driver Gerhard is amazing with his knowledge, humour and driving. The accommodation…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewThanks for letting us know you loved the tour and your guide, Gerhard. Appreciate your recommendation too - always keep'on adventuring, Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- AWildlife and Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2019JP is an excellent tour guide, he took us to the most awesome places.
- AWildlife and Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2019Everything was good. Kind and friendly guide, it all was perfect, I am really satisfied with the tour
- AGarden Route and Addo Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2019Great tour package, lots of fun and many included highlights. I will do it again.
- AGarden Route and Addo Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2019Favourite was the last one accmmodation at Paradise Backpackers, such a fun tour overall too.
- AWildlife and Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2019Loved the lion sighting, it was so close to the car.
- AAlessandroGarden Route and Addo Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 18, 2019Very nice tour, lots to see
- TinaCape and Garden Route Complete5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 24, 2019Liezel was just amazing!! She was fun, informative, flexible, and wonderful!! She didn't let the rain slow us down and showed us so many wonderful sights inclu…Read moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewYeah, that's our Liezel! The weather definitely does not ruin a day with our tours..our guides will always make a plan to turn this into an adventure... Thanks for letting us know you loved the Cape Town and Beyond tour with your local guide Liezel. Keep'on adventuring, from Ferdi & team Hotspots2c
- Wildlife Safari
- South African Garden Route and Addo Adventure
- 15 days To See South Africa
- 3day Garden Route + Safari
- 2day Wildlife + Safari
- Show more...
- 3day Western Cape Wow
- South Africa - Country of Contrasts Tour
- Tour South Africa with Guide Gerhard
- TourRadar presents South Africa with Hotspots2c
- A Country of Contrasts - South Africa Vlog with John
Celebrating individuality, diversity, respect and belief in one another, Hotspots2c are firm believers in making a difference in someone’s life. They take it seriously to be accountable for the impact we have on our planet, the communities and towns they visit and the country they live in. They continuously challenge themselves to bring about meaningful and positive change whenever and wherever they can.
- "My nickname is GG – Gentle Giant – and I think it fits well as I was a former African Junior champion…"
- "I have worked in the travel industry for 15 years now and my passion for travelling has only grown as…"
- "Having been in the travel industry for 17 years I have come to know and love South Africa and all that…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How many other people will be on the tour?
It depends on how many other people book, but usually the group sizes range from 4 to 12 people per tour. We run small group tours with no more than 13 travellers per vehicle or tour guide. This small group size lend a more personal touch to our tours, and keep the itinerary options a bit more flexible.
Do I need to change money before the tour?
We don’t recommend carrying large amounts of cash. We recommend withdrawing cash from ATMs during the tour. Please ensure your bank is aware that you will be travelling.
Is there an age limit? Can children join?
No, children under the age of 12 years are not allowed on scheduled group tour packages. Children under 18 years (from 12 to 17 years) of age must be accompanied by a suitable or suitably qualified, fare paying adult companion. We do not have a maximum age limit requirement, but tours are designed for young-at-heart travellers. At the discretion of Hotspots2c management, we may consider younger children on certain tours if they meet certain criteria and a request is received for consideration.
What to pack and how much luggage is allowed per person?
Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and at own risk, two pieces of luggage of a total mass not exceeding 35 pounds (20kg). Contact us a well in advance to make arrangements for extra luggage.
– Pack light. A backpack is ideal for shorter trips. Bring a warm jacket for cold evenings or open vehicle 4×4 game drives. Insect repellent & sunscreen lotion is advisable. Remember to pack comfortable walking shoes, a hat for hikes and please bring your own beach towel.
Can I request changes on the scheduled group itinerary mentioned?
If you are joining a scheduled tour, the itinerary is set and cannot be changes to each person’s needs. Tour itineraries are listed as guidelines and are subject to change without notice. All highlights included in the tour will be visited, but in no specific order. Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
How flexible are scheduled tour departure dates?
Group tours have set departure dates and cannot be changed. Scheduled group tours are guaranteed to go, so you never have to worry about your tour being cancelled at the last minute. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it – you’re going, guaranteed.
Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
If the meals are not included in the tour price, will I need to pack food?
Meals are usually not included, but there are plenty of time to buy food on tour. This offers the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots.
- Breakfast for each overnight stay is available to purchase at your overnight accommodation or you buy a snack from supermarkets the previous evening. 3-star luxury B&B accommodation packages include a full breakfast for each overnight stay.
- Lunch will be en route with limited time & limited options to choose from.
- Dine at famous restaurants; or book meals with the overnight accommodation. Your guide can advise you and transport you to the best local restaurants each night.
Some backpackers even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients on tour to prepare your own meals.
What to do if I do not want to partake in optional activities scheduled on tour?
Optional activities are offered and scheduled as part of the tour’s free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. If you do not wish to join a specific optional activity – no worries, you can then relax or explore the surrounding area.
Do I need to book Optional Activities in advance?
All optional activities scheduled on the tour are already reserved for the whole tour group by our operations team. Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can therefore only be paid and confirmed on the day of the activity. Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments, or your tour guide can take you to an ATM to draw cash as you need it.
Can I upgrade to luxury 3-star B&B accommodation option?
Yes, simply add a note on your booking request to receive the upgrade fee applicable. Budget accommodation packages stay at backpacker hostels with lively atmosphere, while the 3-star luxury B&B accommodation options overnight at cosy guesthouses in a peaceful environment, situated away from the backpackers accommodation. Luxury guest house rooms offer en suite bathrooms and include breakfast for each overnight stay.