“The tour through Scotland was an amazing experience! The tour was great and we got to see a lot of beautiful places in Scotland. Our tourguide was Steve P and he was really great. He knew a lot about the places we went past/ to, as wel as a lot of faerie a...“
Highland Explorer Tours Guides
- Passionate Local Guides
- Award Winning Tours of Scotland
- Committed to Sustainability
- Authentic Scottish Experience
Highland Explorer Tours are dedicated to delivering the very best travel experiences every day. Our 1-6 day tours are designed to make the most of your time in our stunning country and to give you an authentic experience of Scotland. Our mission is to exceed your exp...
Highland Explorer Tours are dedicated to delivering the very best travel experiences every day. Our 1-6 day tours are designed to make the most of your time in our stunning country and to give you an authentic experience of Scotland. Our mission is to exceed your expectations, a commitment that is recognised by our VisitScotland 5 star accreditation and consistent excellent customer feedback. Scotland's landscape is stunningly beautiful with a magnificent history and culture that deserves to be told by the Scottish experts, our Guides. They will bring this heritage to life while ensuring you get to explore our nation's most breathtaking landscapes. Whether you are planning a day trip or a longer visit, our range of tours will give you an unforgettable insight into our country and its people, leaving memories that will last a lifetime.Read more
326 Highland Explorer Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- GillIsle Of Skye And The Highlands incl. accom.5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 16, 2020this was really awesome
- ALAnetaIsle Of Skye And The Highlands incl. accom.5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 4, 2020We had an amazing time in Scotland, Yvonne, Daniel and Jon were great!
- DDanielleatherIsle of Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness incl. accom.5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 30, 2019Great bloke awsome toure great drinking seshes and learnt alot
- KKimikoNarikiyoIsle of Skye & The Highlands (Hotel)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 24, 2019Beautiful scenery,friendly guide, well-paced itinerary. My friends and I really enjoyed the tour.
- JJoyceKerstanIsle of Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness incl. accom.4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 15, 2019The tour is amazing! Great fun! I highly recommend!
- EEmmaSullivanIsle Of Skye And The Highlands incl. accom.5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 28, 2019So amazing, and such a great price for all that you get to see
Highland Explorer Tours Tours
About Highland Explorer Tours
Highland Explorer Tours video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Are meals included in the tour price?
Your tour will stop at some excellent and varied restaurants en route with traditional and contemporary options to suit every palate. For maximum flexibility, your Tour Guide will be on hand to give you the locals’ tips on the best hidden gems and then the choice is yours to decide where, what and with whom to eat.
Can I be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Highland Explorer Office?
To make the most of your tour, Highland Explorer only picks you up and returns you to the Highland Explorer Office to prevent wasting time on Day 1 of your tour. Most city centre accommodation is only a short walk/taxi ride from the office and has good public transport links so there should be no trouble getting there!
Are there any luggage restrictions?
Highland Explorer allows each passenger to have one main piece of baggage with the total weight being no more than 44lbs/20kgs. You will find that the majority of tours have a 20kg luggage limit per person, as this provides luggage room on the transport for all travellers in the group. In addition, you can bring one daypack onboard the transport but you must be able to carry this around with you.
Are there any age restrictions?
Unfortunately, Highland Explorer are unable to carry children under 5 years old and anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There is no maximum age restriction, so if you are young-at-heart or have a sense of adventure, then Highland Explorer would love to have you!
Where do your tours depart from?
All Highland Explorer tours depart from the Highland Explorer Office located at 60 High Street on Edinburgh's Royal Mile. The Royal Mile has good public transport links so there should be no trouble getting there!