Highland Explorer Tours Guides
- Passionate Local Guides
- Award Winning Scotland Tours
- Committed to Sustainability
- Authentic Scottish Experience
Highland Explorer Tours are dedicated to delivering the very best travel experiences every day. Our tours are designed to make the most of your time in our stunning country and to give you an authentic experience of Scotland. Our mission is to exceed your expectatio...
Highland Explorer Tours are dedicated to delivering the very best travel experiences every day. Our tours are designed to make the most of your time in our stunning country and to give you an authentic experience of Scotland. Our mission is to exceed your expectations, a commitment that is recognised by our VisitScotland 5 star accreditation and consistent excellent customer feedback. Scotland's landscape is stunningly beautiful with a magnificent history and culture that deserves to be told by the Scottish experts, our Guides. They will bring this heritage to life while ensuring you get to explore our nation's most breathtaking landscapes. Whether you are planning a day trip or a longer visit, our range of tours will give you an unforgettable insight into our country and its people, leaving memories that will last a lifetime.Read more
303 Highland Explorer Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- ValTilleyIsle of Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness (Hotel)3.0 - AverageWritten on October 10, 20191- Be aware that hotel accomodations are average at best. In addition breakfasts only are included for meals. Also admissions to any attractions are not include…Read moreHighland Explorer Tours commented on this reviewHello, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you found the accomodation average and that you didnt like that the group was split across different locations. I am also sorry to hear you were not happy about having to pay admission to some of the attractions. In regards to the accomodation, all of our partners are rated 3 stars or above, however I will pass on your feedback to the team that monitors and reviews our accomodation partners to ensure that they are still meeting these standards. As to the group being in different locations, we offer different options for the tours depending on people's budgets so some of the tour opted to stay in the hotel option and others in the B&B option. Due to the nature of B&B's being smaller, this means that we often have groups split over different locations so supply to their needs. Finally, in regards to the extra charges for the attractions which are not included, I am sorry if what was included in the price and what isnt wasnt clear at the time of booking, we offer additional extras such as admissions into certain castles as something people can add into their booking, again this is not automatically included into the initial price as we understand not everyone wants to take part in all of the attractions so we let customers select what they want to include and build their package from there. Again, I apologise if this was not clear at the time of booking and I will feed this back to see if we can work on making this clearer going forward. I hope that despite this you enjoyed the tour and we would love to have you come back and experience Scotland with us again! Many Thanks Rebecca
- DavidCarolynMoakesIsle of Skye & The Highlands (B&B)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 8, 2019Over and beyond our expectations! Kirsty was absolutely the best tour guide we have ever experienced, plus she was probably the best driver in the world! Kirs…Read more
- TheresaMcGeehanIsle of Skye & The Highlands (B&B)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 8, 2019Hope you get the same tour guide as we did and the Skye inn B & B , great place , good level of comfort and good food.
- JulieDoyleIsle of Skye & The Highlands (B&B)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 7, 2019Excellent tour altogether
- RAJESHADWANIIsle of Skye, Loch Ness & Inverness (B&B)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 7, 2019Worth going for 5 days toour
- AnnSpraggIsle of Skye & The Highlands (B&B)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 4, 2019A great way to explore the Highlands.
- JohnJobeIsle of Skye & The Highlands (Hotel)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 3, 2019Good tour and a great tour guide.
Highland Explorer Tours Tours
About Highland Explorer Tours
Highland Explorer Tours video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Highland Explorer Tours Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Are meals included in the tour price?
Your tour will stop at some excellent and varied restaurants en route with traditional and contemporary options to suit every palate. For maximum flexibility, your Tour Guide will be on hand to give you the locals’ tips on the best hidden gems and then the choice is yours to decide where, what and with whom to eat.
Can I be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Highland Explorer Office?
To make the most of your tour, Highland Explorer only picks you up and returns you to the Highland Explorer Office to prevent wasting time on Day 1 of your tour. Most city centre accommodation is only a short walk/taxi ride from the office and has good public transport links so there should be no trouble getting there!
Are there any luggage restrictions?
Highland Explorer allows each passenger to have one main piece of baggage with the total weight being no more than 44lbs/20kgs. You will find that the majority of tours have a 20kg luggage limit per person, as this provides luggage room on the transport for all travellers in the group. In addition, you can bring one daypack onboard the transport but you must be able to carry this around with you.
Are there any age restrictions?
Unfortunately, Highland Explorer are unable to carry children under 5 years old and anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There is no maximum age restriction, so if you are young-at-heart or have a sense of adventure, then Highland Explorer would love to have you!
Where do your tours depart from?
All Highland Explorer tours depart from the Highland Explorer Office located at 60 High Street on Edinburgh's Royal Mile. The Royal Mile has good public transport links so there should be no trouble getting there!