“The 8-day tour was very good. I had the pleasure of being guided by Neil and Fergie, who were both brilliant gentlemen with great stories and were very knowledgeable. Both busses were in excellent condition. I did have some complaints about some of the acc...“
- We're Award Winners
- Friendly Groups – Unique Routes
- We're Scottish Specialists
- Small vehicles that can take you everywhere!
THE BEST WAY TO EXPERIENCE SCOTLAND We specialise in small and friendly tours in luxury mini-buses and mini-coaches. We provide a comfortable and exciting way to explore the glorious scenery, fascinating history and wonderful heritage of this great country. With us,...
THE BEST WAY TO EXPERIENCE SCOTLAND We specialise in small and friendly tours in luxury mini-buses and mini-coaches. We provide a comfortable and exciting way to explore the glorious scenery, fascinating history and wonderful heritage of this great country. With us, you’ll see all the famous sights, but you’ll also discover hidden corners and experience the real Scotland and the warm hospitality of its people. We’ve got a wide range of tour itineraries and durations, so there is something for everyone – just browse our tours to be inspired. Give the Whole Family a Fantastic Scottish Experience Our Tours have loads for every member of the family to enjoy. That’s because our guides are experts at putting together educational, fun and rewarding itineraries that appeal to kids and grown-ups alike. Why not get in touch with our team to see which tour will suit your brood best?Read more
28 Highland Experience Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JNJosephineHighland Experience's Scottish Choice4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 28, 2018We had a fantastic guide named Brandan - funny kept us entertained all the way, helpful, knowledgeable, punctual and all around great personality
- StephanieHighland Experience's Scottish Choice5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 5, 2018Neil was absolutely amazing! Loved all of his stories. Fabulous tour guide!!!Highland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Stephanie, Delighted to hear you enjoyed our 5-day tour with Neil! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to him. Kind Regards, Clare
- CarolineHighland Experience's Scottish Choice4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 4, 2018Accommodation was not as expected for what i paid for the tour. however, everything else was fantastic and worth the price.Highland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Caroline, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your tour with Neil - we're glad you thought the tour was fantastic! If you have any further feedback about your accommodation that would be much appreciated, so we can improve for the future. Kind Regards,Clare
- SMSarahUltimate Skye Experience1.5 - Rather poorWritten on January 19, 2018I was really disappointed by this tour the one thing that made up our mind in choosing was the whisky tour which was cancelled leaving the tour guide to obvious…Read moreHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewDear Sarah McInroy, Thank you for your feedback. We’re surprised you did not raise this with us directly during or immediately after the tour. Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen closure due to the weather we were unable to visit the Whisky Tasting on Skye. We hope you enjoyed the other impressive sights you saw on this date such as Kilt Rock, The Old Man of Storr, Uig and The Fairy Glen. We take complaints such as this incredibly seriously and have contacted the accommodation provider directly to get their response. As you’ll understand we allows guests to choose where they dine in the evenings. On this occasion it looks like you did not dine with our supplier but ate elsewhere in the village. Accommodation Owner: “There were no complaints about their food. They never complained or raised any concerns about the food. I asked them if everything was ok before they left and they said yes. I spoke to them extensively during their stay and they said nothing negative about their stay at all. I am sorry they had this to say about somewhere but as we do not serve pizza I cannot add to this as I cannot in all honesty see how it refers to us.” Kind Regards, Clare
- MMMrs.Highland Experience's Scottish Choice4.0 - GoodWritten on December 9, 2017with my grand-children. Thank you all very much. Marlene H Australia.
- SidneyUltimate Skye Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 18, 2017Our tour to the highlands was fantastic! Steven was an excellent tour guide, he had lots of stories about all the sites we were seeing. We made plenty of stop…Read moreHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Sidney, thanks for your wonderful review. We're delighted you had such a good time on tour with our driver-guide Steven and with your host David! Kind Regards, Clare
- CNchristianHighland Experience's Scottish Choice4.0 - GoodWritten on September 25, 2017Neil was the most considerate and knowledgeable guide. He made the tour a pleasure. I will give him a 5 out of 5. Feedback about our large suitcasses - on the i…Read moreHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Christian, We're very happy to read you had a great time with Neil. I will ensure our luggage limits are up to date so there is no confusion in future. Kind Regards, Clare
- AmandaHebrides, Skye & The Far West4.0 - GoodWritten on September 16, 2017The 8-day tour was very good. I had the pleasure of being guided by Neil and Fergie, who were both brilliant gentlemen with great stories and were very knowledg…Read moreHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Amanda, Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted you enjoyed your 8-days on tour with Neil and Fergie. Thank you again for coming in to talk to us about your experience. It is positive and constructive feedback like this which helps us to improve as a company. We hope to see you on another tour with us again soon. Kind Regards, Clare
Highland Experience Tours Tours
About Highland Experience Tours
Highland Experience Tours video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Should I get travel insurance?
We highly recommend you take out travel insurance.
What should I bring with me?
As above, it is always advisable to be prepared for any weather in Scotland so a jacket is always a good idea! A bottle of water for hydration and a camera to capture the spectacular views and you are set to go!It is not necessary for you to bring your own meals, as we will stop throughout the day in small towns or villages where you can purchase food, however you are more than welcome to bring along snacks or a packed lunch.
What should I wear?
Whilst there are no strenuous physical activities on our tours, we would recommend you wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and a jacket is always advisable.
What will the weather be like?
Scotland is routinely unpredictable, but we do have a very temperate climate. The geography of Scotland means that it does rain more frequently in the west of the country and there are stronger winds in the east.
Are there luggage limitations?
Due to the size of our vehicles, on our multi-day tours, we guarantee to carry one piece of luggage per passenger of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, with a maximum of 15kg. This is equivalent to hand luggage allowed in an aircraft cabin.Should you have larger suitcases or luggage, there are left luggage offices at the train and bus stations in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness.If you are wishing to bring your luggage with you on a one-day tour, please contact us for further arrangements.
Is there an age limit?
We are happy to welcome anyone from the age of 3 years old and up on all of our scheduled tours!We can only accept children under 3 on the Multi-Lingual Highland Adventure one-day tour and they will travel at the appropriate infant rate. We cannot accept children under 3 on any other scheduled tour.
Where does my tour depart from?
Our departure cities are Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness, and our departure points are as follows
Highland Experience Tours
1 Parliament Square
Highland Experience Tours
266 George Street
Highland Experience Tours
Stance 7, Inverness Bus Station
When do I need to check-in for my tour?
Check-in closes 15 minutes before your tour is due to depart.If you think you will be late for check-in, please contact us as soon as possible to let us know. In fairness to all passengers, our tours will depart promptly at their scheduled time.
Will I have time off the vehicle?
When we plan our tours we aim to get as much of a balance as possible between free time and travelling time. We want you to experience the best of Scotland, so you will not be travelling for much more than two hours without a break on any of our tours.
Is tipping required for the driver?
A gratuity for good service is always appreciated.