“Really enjoyed the tour. I must admit that I was a little disappointed that you could not pick me up in Stirling especially as we passed the Back o' Hill to view the castle. I do appreciate that James had to keep to a time schedule, but it would have saved...“
- We're Award Winners
- Friendly Groups - Unique Routes
- We're Scottish Specialists
- Small vehicles that can take you everywhere!
THE BEST WAY TO EXPERIENCE SCOTLAND We specialise in small and friendly tours in luxury mini-buses and mini-coaches. We provide a comfortable and exciting way to explore the glorious scenery, fascinating history and wonderful heritage of this great country. With us,...
THE BEST WAY TO EXPERIENCE SCOTLAND We specialise in small and friendly tours in luxury mini-buses and mini-coaches. We provide a comfortable and exciting way to explore the glorious scenery, fascinating history and wonderful heritage of this great country. With us, you’ll see all the famous sights, but you’ll also discover hidden corners and experience the real Scotland and the warm hospitality of its people. We’ve got a wide range of tour itineraries and durations, so there is something for everyone – just browse our tours to be inspired. Give the Whole Family a Fantastic Scottish Experience Our Tours have loads for every member of the family to enjoy. That’s because our guides are experts at putting together educational, fun and rewarding itineraries that appeal to kids and grown-ups alike. Why not get in touch with our team to see which tour will suit your brood best?Read more
69 Highland Experience Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 5 / 5
- BRBrookeUltimate Skye Experience4.0 - GoodWritten on November 6, 2018We waited for an hour for someone coming on the tour on the first day. This then delayed everything and we were rushed the rest of the first day and ended up at…Read moreHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHi Brooke, Thank you for taking the time to review your tour with us. I'm glad to see that overall you enjoyed your tour with us despite the typical Scottish weather! On the Isle of Skye most of the sites people wish to see, such as Old Man of Storr and Kilt Rock are naturally occurring and so are outside without any cover. If we were to change the tour to visit more indoor attractions there would not be enough time to see all of the beautiful scenery Skye is famous for, however I appreciate the weather can have an impact on the experience of your tour. Thanks again for your feedback, we are constantly looking to improve our tours and as part of our customer experience review will include your valuable feedback. Kind Regards, Fiona R
- MartineUltimate Skye Experience4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 4, 2018Best way to do a first introductory to the island of Skye.
- THTrevorJacobite Steam Train & The Great Glen5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 16, 2018great time had by my wife and me
- PBPatriciaHighland Experience's Scottish Choice5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 9, 2018Brendan was the best! He gave us a great history lesson on Scotland.
- DCDavidMull, Iona, Skye & The Northern Isles (Small Group)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 6, 2018Even to say we give high praise is an understatement. This was by far the best tour we have ever been on thanks to our wonderfully fun, knowledgeable, thoughtfu…Read more
- JanHighland Experience's Scottish Choice5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 30, 2018Neil was Charming! He took us everywhere we needed to go in a safe and timely manner. He kept us on time without being pushy or rushing us.
- GVGlennMull, Iona & Loch Ness (Small Group)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 22, 2018Small group and van gave access to "off the beaten path" sights and experiences.
Highland Experience Tours Tours
About Highland Experience Tours
Highland Experience Tours video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Should I get travel insurance?
We highly recommend you take out travel insurance.
What should I bring with me?
As above, it is always advisable to be prepared for any weather in Scotland so a jacket is always a good idea! A bottle of water for hydration and a camera to capture the spectacular views and you are set to go!It is not necessary for you to bring your own meals, as we will stop throughout the day in small towns or villages where you can purchase food, however you are more than welcome to bring along snacks or a packed lunch.
What should I wear?
Whilst there are no strenuous physical activities on our tours, we would recommend you wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and a jacket is always advisable.
What will the weather be like?
Scotland is routinely unpredictable, but we do have a very temperate climate. The geography of Scotland means that it does rain more frequently in the west of the country and there are stronger winds in the east.
Are there luggage limitations?
Due to the size of our vehicles, on our multi-day tours, we guarantee to carry one piece of luggage per passenger of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, with a maximum of 15kg. This is equivalent to hand luggage allowed in an aircraft cabin.Should you have larger suitcases or luggage, there are left luggage offices at the train and bus stations in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness.If you are wishing to bring your luggage with you on a one-day tour, please contact us for further arrangements.
Is there an age limit?
We are happy to welcome anyone from the age of 3 years old and up on all of our scheduled tours!We can only accept children under 3 on the Multi-Lingual Highland Adventure one-day tour and they will travel at the appropriate infant rate. We cannot accept children under 3 on any other scheduled tour.
Where does my tour depart from?
Our departure cities are Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness, and our departure points are as follows
Highland Experience Tours
1 Parliament Square
Highland Experience Tours
266 George Street
Highland Experience Tours
Stance 7, Inverness Bus Station
When do I need to check-in for my tour?
Check-in closes 15 minutes before your tour is due to depart.If you think you will be late for check-in, please contact us as soon as possible to let us know. In fairness to all passengers, our tours will depart promptly at their scheduled time.
Will I have time off the vehicle?
When we plan our tours we aim to get as much of a balance as possible between free time and travelling time. We want you to experience the best of Scotland, so you will not be travelling for much more than two hours without a break on any of our tours.
Is tipping required for the driver?
A gratuity for good service is always appreciated.