“The trip was great! I just wish i have more time to spend on each places to explore. My guide Daz took us to many beautiful spots which we might miss it , if you go travel by yourself. He also know so many good deals for food & drinks in every city, which ...“
Awards & Recognitions
Haka Tours Guides
- Small group NZ tours – max 16 people
- All tours include transport, accommodation, breakfast + more
- 100% NZ Owned and Operated – travel with the locals
- Spontaneous exploration and heaps of secret stops
- Your choice of lots of optional add-on activities
Established in 2006, Haka tours is the brain child of kiwi Ryan Sanders, who once found himself wishing to escape the dull working life of corporate banking. A keen and experience traveller, Ryan's love for his country and adrenalin led him to a vision: the creation...
Established in 2006, Haka tours is the brain child of kiwi Ryan Sanders, who once found himself wishing to escape the dull working life of corporate banking. A keen and experience traveller, Ryan's love for his country and adrenalin led him to a vision: the creation of some incredibly awesome small group adventure tours immersing travellers in the real New Zealand!Read more
82 Haka Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- MikeLegendary NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 17, 2017Great way to see the country. Sam was excellent and we got to see so much cool stuff in such a short time. Highly recommend taking this tour!
- SBSueAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 30, 2017An excellent choice. Well worth the money. Saw and did so much and the guide Sam was second to none. Would definitely recommend.
Haka Tours Tours
About Haka Tours
Haka Tours videos
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Haka Snow Tours: 7 Day South Island Snow Safari
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- 4 Day Snow Fix Guide
- Show more...
- NZ Heli Ski Tour
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- NZ Mountain Bike Tours
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
Why Haka Tours
Travel with the Locals
We get it, after all, we’re Travellers ourselves
We don’t have Bus Drivers
Who travels with us?
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling on my own – can I join one of your tours?
Yes! Around 70% of our guests are solo travellers and they have a great time, meeting a bunch of like-minded people that quickly become great friends.
Is there a single booking supplement?
No. We don’t have a single supplement - around 70% of our guests are single travellers.
Do I need to speak English in order to join one of your tours?
Haka Tours is 100% Kiwi therefore your guide will be English speaking. We have a number of nationalities on tour meaning the guides are used to tour members not being 100% fluent in English.
Some basic English helps so you can understand the guide’s commentary and instructions. By the time you leave the tour you will be speaking Kiwi English – sweet as bro!
What are the recommended ages?
We have guests that are in their late teens to their 70’s but the average ages is around 25-35. More important than age is attitude – we have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure then age is no barrier.
The minimum age of joining a tour is 18 years old. Sometimes the group may head out to a bar where everyone needs to be 18 years old, and New Zealand has strict alcohol policies.
How far in advance should I make a booking?
We recommend booking as soon as you know you can travel, and have decided on which tour you would like to go on. Some of our tours can be quite popular so it’s best to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance once you have booked your tour. It is best to book travel insurance in your home country.
What’s included in the price?
All our tours include the following * Transport * Passionate kiwi guide * Accommodation * Breakfast
Check each tour page as each tour has specific inclusions that are part of the price – a few examples are bone carving, a Hangi or ride on the famous Tranz Alpine Express train.