Awards & Recognitions
Haka Tours Guides
- Small group NZ tours – max 16 people
- All tours include transport, accommodation, breakfast + more
- 100% NZ Owned and Operated – travel with the locals
- Spontaneous exploration and heaps of secret stops
- Your choice of lots of optional add-on activities
- New Zealand's #1 tour company
Haka Tours was born over a decade ago from the dreams of one man who wanted to reimagine how small group adventure tours were run. From the very first tour in June 2007 until now there’s been no looking back, and 12 years on we’re incredibly proud to be regarded as N...
Haka Tours was born over a decade ago from the dreams of one man who wanted to reimagine how small group adventure tours were run. From the very first tour in June 2007 until now there’s been no looking back, and 12 years on we’re incredibly proud to be regarded as New Zealand’s leading small group adventure operator. As we’ve grown, we’ve stayed true to our core values which remain the key to our success. Ultimately, when you travel with Haka, you’re not travelling with a multinational corporate or a big international brand, but with an authentic, locally-owned business that puts you, the customer, at the centre of everything we do.Read more
327 Haka Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- IMimamNorth Island Adventure Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on March 13, 2020the tour was good but they can add more activities io some idle times.
- EEdrianJohnMonteroAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 3, 2020It’s an awesome tour to take. Especially if your level of activity is high and you’d like to be around same people.
- KKathleenHennessySouth Island Lick Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 23, 2020Definitely take it. You will find nothing better if you look for her!
- RRogerWoolfordSouth Island Lick Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 23, 2020Definitely do it! It's great.
Haka Tours Tours
About Haka Tours
Haka Tours videos
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Haka Snow Tours: 7 Day South Island Snow Safari
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- NZ Heli Ski Tour
- Show more...
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- NZ Mountain Bike Tours
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
- How to Pack Your Bike - Haka MTB
- Explore Christchurch NZ - Haka Tours
- Haka Tours - Small Group Adventure Tours
- Main Page Video
- South Island Snow Safari Highlights - Haka Tours
- New Zealand's Ultimate Heli Snow Tour - Haka Tours
Why Haka Tours
Travel with the Locals
We get it, after all, we’re Travellers ourselves
We don’t have Bus Drivers
Who travels with us?
Awards & Recognitions
- New Zealand Adventure Tourism Awards ANZ2019 Winner - Cultural Tourism New Zealand
- ExportNZ Awards2019 Supreme & Category Winner
- New Zealand Adventure Tourism Awards ANZ2018 Winner of Best Tour/Activity
- New Zealand Tourism Awards2017 Supreme Winner
- Rankers Top Ranked Awards2012-16 Supreme Award Winner
- NZ National Tourism Industry Awards2015 Business Excellence and Emerging Leader
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling on my own – can I join one of your tours?
Yes! Around 70% of our guests are solo travellers and they have a great time, meeting a bunch of like-minded people that quickly become great friends.
Is there a single booking supplement?
No. We don’t have a single supplement - around 70% of our guests are single travellers.
Do I need to speak English in order to join one of your tours?
Haka Tours is 100% Kiwi therefore your guide will be English speaking. We have a number of nationalities on tour meaning the guides are used to tour members not being 100% fluent in English.
Some basic English helps so you can understand the guide’s commentary and instructions. By the time you leave the tour you will be speaking Kiwi English – sweet as bro!
What are the recommended ages?
We have guests that are in their late teens to their 70’s but the average ages is around 25-35. More important than age is attitude – we have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure then age is no barrier.
The minimum age of joining a tour is 18 years old. Sometimes the group may head out to a bar where everyone needs to be 18 years old, and New Zealand has strict alcohol policies.
How far in advance should I make a booking?
We recommend booking as soon as you know you can travel, and have decided on which tour you would like to go on. Some of our tours can be quite popular so it’s best to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance once you have booked your tour. It is best to book travel insurance in your home country.
What’s included in the price?
All our tours include the following * Transport * Passionate kiwi guide * Accommodation * Breakfast
Check each tour page as each tour has specific inclusions that are part of the price – a few examples are bone carving, a Hangi or ride on the famous Tranz Alpine Express train.