- Small group NZ tours – max 16 people
- All tours include transport, accommodation, breakfast + more
- 100% NZ Owned and Operated – travel with the locals
- Spontaneous exploration and heaps of secret stops
- Your choice of lots of optional add-on activities
Haka Tours Guides
73 Haka Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- AAitorEpic NZ Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 1, 2017It was really exciting. Lots of different activites, absolute flexibility when trying to book/change activities while on tour.
- AAmandaSouth Island Lick Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 29, 2017Had an amazing time on my week tour of the southern island! Was such a knowledge and lively guide. Made the long bus rides a lot of fun.
- HHaydenAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 29, 2017He completely made my holiday! The best tour I've ever been on - will be recommending it to friends for years to come.
- EPEevaSouth Island Adrenalin Junkie Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 27, 2017Trip was well organized and guide Mikey Burton awesome.
Haka Tours Tours
About Haka Tours
Haka Tours videos
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Haka Snow Tours: 7 Day South Island Snow Safari
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- 4 Day Snow Fix Guide
- Show more...
- NZ Heli Ski Tour
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- NZ Mountain Bike Tours
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
Why Haka Tours
Travel with the Locals
We get it, after all, we’re Travellers ourselves
We don’t have Bus Drivers
Who travels with us?
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling on my own – can I join one of your tours?
Yes! Around 70% of our guests are solo travellers and they have a great time, meeting a bunch of like-minded people that quickly become great friends.
Is there a single booking supplement?
No. We don’t have a single supplement - around 70% of our guests are single travellers.
Do I need to speak English in order to join one of your tours?
Haka Tours is 100% Kiwi therefore your guide will be English speaking. We have a number of nationalities on tour meaning the guides are used to tour members not being 100% fluent in English.
Some basic English helps so you can understand the guide’s commentary and instructions. By the time you leave the tour you will be speaking Kiwi English – sweet as bro!
What are the recommended ages?
We have guests that are in their late teens to their 70’s but the average ages is around 25-35. More important than age is attitude – we have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure then age is no barrier.
The minimum age of joining a tour is 18 years old. Sometimes the group may head out to a bar where everyone needs to be 18 years old, and New Zealand has strict alcohol policies.
How far in advance should I make a booking?
We recommend booking as soon as you know you can travel, and have decided on which tour you would like to go on. Some of our tours can be quite popular so it’s best to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance once you have booked your tour. It is best to book travel insurance in your home country.
What’s included in the price?
All our tours include the following * Transport * Passionate kiwi guide * Accommodation * Breakfast
Check each tour page as each tour has specific inclusions that are part of the price – a few examples are bone carving, a Hangi or ride on the famous Tranz Alpine Express train.