“We loved our time snowboarding in New Zealand's South Island! Our group was mostly from Australia and had a mix of ability levels. The itinerary is fast-paced in the best way - we conquered 6 different ski fields in 7 days! The tour visited a mix of bigger...“
Awards & Recognitions
Haka Tours Guides
- Small group NZ tours – max 16 people
- All tours include transport, accommodation, breakfast + more
- 100% NZ Owned and Operated – travel with the locals
- Spontaneous exploration and heaps of secret stops
- Your choice of lots of optional add-on activities
Established in 2006, Haka tours is the brain child of kiwi Ryan Sanders, who once found himself wishing to escape the dull working life of corporate banking. A keen and experience traveller, Ryan's love for his country and adrenalin led him to a vision: the creation...
Established in 2006, Haka tours is the brain child of kiwi Ryan Sanders, who once found himself wishing to escape the dull working life of corporate banking. A keen and experience traveller, Ryan's love for his country and adrenalin led him to a vision: the creation of some incredibly awesome small group adventure tours immersing travellers in the real New Zealand!Read more
117 Haka Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- ACAliceBay of Islands Winterless North Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on September 24, 2018Had a lovely 3 days guide was great very professional and also friendly to join us for a swim. Also very organised right down to bathroom breaks on the road
- DerekSouth Island Snow Safari4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 3, 2018Awesome week snowboarding with a great crew!
- CWChenSouth Island Snow Safari4.0 - GoodWritten on August 28, 2018Great Tour! Visited all the major ski resorts with a great group of like minded people!
- JDJennaSouth Island Snow Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 5, 2018Great tour and great guide with exceptional driving skillsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Jenna! Thank you very much for your kind words! We're so glad to hear that you had a great time on tour, please do let us know if you plan to come back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board with us again! Cheers, Tianna - Tour Advisor
- AAlysonAmplified NZ Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on August 1, 2018An overall excellent overview of all the north and south islands have to offer. Small group size made for a comfortable and collegial tour experience. A great l…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Alyson! Thank you so much for your lovely review, we're so happy that you enjoyed your time on tour with us! I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to Si, I'm sure that he would love to hear it! Please do let us know if you plan to come back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board with us again! Cheers, Tianna - Tour Advisor
- DDreSouth Island Snow Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 16, 2018We loved our time snowboarding in New Zealand's South Island! Our group was mostly from Australia and had a mix of ability levels. The itinerary is fast-paced i…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Dre! Thank you so much for your lovely message and kind feedback, we really appreciate it! Please do let us know if you plan on coming back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board one of our Adventure tours or another Snow tour! Either way thanks again for your review, it means a lot to us! Cheers, Tianna - Tour Advisor
- DeniseAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 29, 2018Everything was perfect! I had the best time!! Can really recommend this tour! Would always book this again. Our tour guide Sam was amazing. This was the best to…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Denise! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review, we are so happy that you had a great time on tour with us!! I'll be sure to pass on your praise to Sam, I'm sure he would love to hear it! If you do plan on coming back to New Zealand someday, we would absolutely love to have you on board with us again so please let us know :) Safe travels to your next destination! Ng? Mihi (Kind Regards), Tianna Pittenger Tour Advisor - Haka Tours
Haka Tours Tours
About Haka Tours
Haka Tours videos
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Haka Snow Tours: 7 Day South Island Snow Safari
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- NZ Heli Ski Tour
- Show more...
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- NZ Mountain Bike Tours
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
Why Haka Tours
Travel with the Locals
We get it, after all, we’re Travellers ourselves
We don’t have Bus Drivers
Who travels with us?
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling on my own – can I join one of your tours?
Yes! Around 70% of our guests are solo travellers and they have a great time, meeting a bunch of like-minded people that quickly become great friends.
Is there a single booking supplement?
No. We don’t have a single supplement - around 70% of our guests are single travellers.
Do I need to speak English in order to join one of your tours?
Haka Tours is 100% Kiwi therefore your guide will be English speaking. We have a number of nationalities on tour meaning the guides are used to tour members not being 100% fluent in English.
Some basic English helps so you can understand the guide’s commentary and instructions. By the time you leave the tour you will be speaking Kiwi English – sweet as bro!
What are the recommended ages?
We have guests that are in their late teens to their 70’s but the average ages is around 25-35. More important than age is attitude – we have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure then age is no barrier.
The minimum age of joining a tour is 18 years old. Sometimes the group may head out to a bar where everyone needs to be 18 years old, and New Zealand has strict alcohol policies.
How far in advance should I make a booking?
We recommend booking as soon as you know you can travel, and have decided on which tour you would like to go on. Some of our tours can be quite popular so it’s best to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance once you have booked your tour. It is best to book travel insurance in your home country.
What’s included in the price?
All our tours include the following * Transport * Passionate kiwi guide * Accommodation * Breakfast
Check each tour page as each tour has specific inclusions that are part of the price – a few examples are bone carving, a Hangi or ride on the famous Tranz Alpine Express train.