“This was my 5th tour with Haggis and I was not disappointed. Since my first trip in 2003 on a 3 day Scotland trip to Loch Ness and Skye, I had always wanted to do the trip to Orkney. After being invited to a wedding outside of Glasgow in July 2016, I decid...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
347 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- BBBarbaraSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 12, 2017In 3 days, I saw more of Scotland than I thought I'd be able to see. It's great for students who are seeing the world and who are on a budget! 10 out of 10 woul…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Barbara, Thank you for the 5 star rating. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time on tour and that your driver ensured you visited as many sights as possible during the three days. Best Wishes, Brenna
- JCJessieCompass Buster4.5 - ExcellentWritten on December 2, 2017Had such a fantastic time! Scot was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide who aimed to give us the best trip possible. His musical talent made the trip even b…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jessie, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad to hear you had a fantastic time and you enjoyed traveling with your driver/guide Scot. All the best, Kim
- LLachlanCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 1, 2017Awesome trip! Scot was brilliant! Quality experiences and a lifetime of memories!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, thank you very much for your great review. We are very glad to hear that the trip was memorable for you and hope to see you again soon! Best, Charline
- GGGlenCoast to Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 30, 2017… my return home as a result and will be eternally grateful. Thank you Haggis.Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Glen, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. Scotland is indeed a wonderful country and we are glad that you have enjoyed it! Scot will be very happy to know that his passion shone through! We wish you all the best and hope to see you again on tour. Best regards, Charline
- KOKateCoast to Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 30, 2017This was my 5th tour with Haggis and I was not disappointed. Since my first trip in 2003 on a 3 day Sc…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kate, Thank you for the 5 star rating and the great review. I am delighted to hear that you had an incredible experience on the Coast to Coast tour and that Scot's music, stories and sense of humour, as well as all the fun activities, really helped to make this such a memorable tour for you. I hope that you might join us again soon for another fantastic tour. Best Wishes, Brenna
- AYAnnaWarriors, Whisky and Waterfalls2.5 - AverageWritten on November 29, 2017Nice walks... Very little personal interaction. Expensive comparison to others.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that your tour experience did not fully meet your expectations, however, I am glad that you enjoyed the walks. I hope that overall you had a nice time exploring Scotland with HAGGiS Adventures and that you enjoyed the whisky distillery visit. All the best, Natalia
- JJessieSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 23, 2017My tour with Mahri was amazing her passion, knowledge and sence of humor has made this trip so memorableHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jessie, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your tour with Mahri and kept good memories of the Highlands. We hope to see you in Scotland again. All the best, Kim
- GGraceHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 22, 2017Great way to experience the highlands. Fantastic tour guide and a very relaxed trip.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Grace, thank you for your great review! Chris P will be delighted to hear that you had a great time on his tour! All the best, Charline
- CGCeciliaHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 21, 2017Mahri was awesome!!! She’s so knowledgeable plus hilarious and shared some great Scottish music with us! I’ve travelled a lot and she is certainly at the top of…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Cecilia, Thank you for the 5 star rating and review. I am delighted to hear that Mahri ensured you had a brilliant tour ! We wish you all the best, Charline
- NNicoleCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 21, 2017My tour with Mahri was absolutely amazing!! She was the best tour guide I've ever had, with plenty of knowledge and plenty of laughs.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Nicole, thank you very much for your amazing review! We are glad to hear that Mahri's passion and knowledge has made your trip memorable! All the best, Charline
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "Tour guide from Scotland who has been tripping the light fantastic since March 2000. I love everything…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.