“Gill has been the most incredible tour guide I’ve come across yet! She had so much love, passion and knowledge to share with us all about stunning Scotland. I’ve hence developed a deep appreciation for Scotland and it’s spectacular sceneries and histories....“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award Winning 1-10 Day Tours of Scotland
- Passionate, Local Scottish Guides
- Book & Go Guarantee
- Trips to suit all budgets and time frames
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid travellers to discover Scotland’s best bits, with legendary, local guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid travellers to discover Scotland’s best bits, with legendary, local guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. As fellow travellers, we are passionate about giving you an authentic experience. We want to impart infinite local knowledge, with personal tales of the land we love so much. We’ll show you the best of Scotland’s wild side, and help you find yours too. The stories of your life are here in Scotland. We cannae wait to show ye!Read more
1,869 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- AGAndreinaHighland Fling incl. accom.5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 10, 2020Thank you Gill !! we had a great time, lucky to be a group of 8, enjoyed it all the way. Impossible to do this on my own in just 5 days, thank you!
- JJennHighland Fling incl. accom.5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 9, 2020Gill was the kindest, most knowledgeable, funny, vibrant guide I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She made the trip fun, happy and unforgettable!
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Highland Fling
- HAGGiS Adventures - 10 Day Compass Buster Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures - 7 Day Coast to Coast
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Hebridean Hopper
- HAGGiS Adventures - 3 Day Skye High
- HAGGiS Adventures - 2 Day Weekender
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "Love a wee trip to the highlands. Enjoy meeting new people and showing tours around my amazing country.…"
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Do you offer student discounts?
Yes, Haggis Adventures do allow discounts if you hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. Please notify your Travel Expert at the time of booking so that your discount can be applied. You will also need to be able to show your relevant card upon checking-in.
Is tipping compulsory on your tours?
Tipping is not included in your tour cost as it is completely optional. If you feel your guide and crew went above and beyond to make your trip special, tipping would be greatly appreciated.
Is it possible to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
Haggis Adventures do not have luggage storage facilities, but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
Are there any luggage restrictions for your tours?
Haggis Adventures allows each passenger to have one main piece of baggage with the total weight being no more than 44lbs/20kgs. You will find that the majority of tours have a 20kg luggage limit per person, as this provides luggage room on the transport for all travellers in the group. In addition, you can bring one daypack onboard the transport but you must be able to carry this around with you.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please contact your Travel Expert so that we can ensure that you and your friends can travel together.
Do you have solo travellers on your tours?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
As much time as possible! The aim is to get you out and about to fully experience the country you’re in. You'll embark on walks, explore castles, recount local myths and legends and tell you about Scotland’s often turbulent history.
What is the age restrictions for the tours?
Unfortunately, Haggis Adventures are unable to carry children under 5 years old and anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There is no maximum age restriction, so if you are young-at-heart or have a sense of adventure, then Haggis Adventures would love to have you!
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of your tours?
Please check the individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times. However as a rough estimate, tours that depart Edinburgh usually commence at 7:45 am, and those that depart in London usually commence at 7:15 am. The arrival times can vary, due to weather or traffic delays, however, Haggis Adventures tries their best to finish their tours at the Haggis Offices between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm.