“went to the 3 days 2 night trip to Isle of Skye. Was really grateful to have met Kirsty. She is such a lovely person who demonstrated her passion and professionalism throughout the trip. As a Malaysian, I was genuinely surprised to hear that Kirsty has bee...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
413 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- CSCaseyHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 18, 2018Trip was great! Your experience definitely depends on the weather. We went to some amazing locations but because of the rain we were not able to enjoy them or t…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Casey, Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am sorry to hear that it was not what you expected. I am glad that despite the small surprise, you had a great time exploring the Highlands. It is good to hear that you liked the accommodation and the coach. Kind regards, Kim
- AAilishHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 16, 2018Excellent trip. Could not reccomend enough, tour guide Yvonne was awesome, really made the trip a perfect way to experiance the best of ScotlandHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Ailish, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a brilliant tour and that Yvonne made sure you had the best experience possible. Best Wishes, Brenna
- YYanweiSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 16, 2018Best tour experience ever! So well-planed and fun! Our guide and driver Rich is the best!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Yanwei, Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am very glad to hear that you really enjoyed your time in the Highlands and on the Isle of Skye with Rich. It sounds like he really made your trip more memorable. Regards, Kim
- CSCraigSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 12, 2018…rson to lead our trip. Already planning my next trip to Scotland with Haggis!!!!Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Craig, thank you for your amazing 5-star review. It seems like you fell in love with Scotland and this makes us very happy :) ! We are looking forward to welcoming you on tour again soon! Best, Charline
- JjemmaSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 10, 2018chris you are amazing! hilarious guy and great tour guide! had a great time thanksHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jemma, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your driver and your tour. Sounds like Chris made your 3-day tour to Isle of Skye memorable and you had good laugh. We hope you will come back to Scotland soon for more adventures. Regards, Kim
- AAEdinburgh Hogmanay4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 9, 2018Hogmanay tour was great fun, and an excellent way to enjoy new years. Fit in a bit of sight seeing and a day trip to the highlands, so was a good package that i…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It certainly sounds like you had a fantastic Hogmanay tour and I am so happy to hear that you great fun during all the activities - especially at the ceilidh night. Best Wishes, Brenna
- AAHighland Fling4.0 - GoodWritten on February 9, 2018Really enjoyed my highlands fling tour in February 2018. The five days was packed with sight-seeing and adventures, I thought the timing and structure of each d…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a brilliant tour and that Calum's entertaining and interesting stories really added to your experience. Best Wishes, Brenna
- RCReannanHighlands and Hogmanay4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 29, 2018I went into the trip with no expectations because I have never done a Haggis adventure tour before. But it was the best tour I have ever been on. …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Reannan, Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that you had the best tour ever and enjoyed guiding delivered by Gill. Our Hogmanay celebrations are indeed very special! I hope that you'll join us on tour again in the future. Best wishes, Natalia
- OJOscarSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 26, 2018went to the 3 days 2 night trip to Isle of Skye. Was really grateful to have met Kirsty. She is such a lovely person who demonstrated her passion and profession…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Oscar, Thank you for coming on a 3-day tour to the Isle of Skye with us. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed having Kirsty as a driver/guide and you had good travel conversation with her. It seems like she really made your experience in the Highlands more special. Kind regards, Kim
- WTWillowHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 25, 2018I had an amazing time with Haggis Adventures. Our guide was awesome, he had so much knowledge of the co…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Taylor, Thank you for taking the time to rate us and for your very nice comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Highlands. It is also very good to hear that your liked your driver/guide and her/she shared a lot of stories with the group. We hope you will come back to Scotland soon. Regards, Kim
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "Tour guide from Scotland who has been tripping the light fantastic since March 2000. I love everything…"
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.