“Gillian is the BEST! Not only is she a great tour guide- she is so knowledgable about history, geography, and folklore- but she had an awesome personality and great taste in music. It was a great tour because you get to see everything, all the tourist spot...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
452 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- MBMeradithSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 22, 2018I loved the tour!! Our guide was fantastic: very knowledgable, attentive and punctual. I learned so much about the areas we visited and was blessed with great w…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Meradith, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our tour so much and that our amazing guides and the great weather did their part in making it such a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on tour one day. All the best, Jonathon
- DDanaeHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 22, 2018Caitlin was an amazing guide, and so were Ian and Fiona who were training. We were really lucky to have three. You could really see how Caitlin is passionate ab…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Danae, thank you for your amazing review. We are thrilled our guides did their best to make sure you had such a great time with us! We hope to see you on tour again soon. All the best, Jonathon
- RReginaVoglHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 21, 2018First of, I want to mention that we were most likely extremely fortunate to be there still in low season, as we had three fantastic guides; Caitlin as our leade…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHey Regina! Thank you for such a fantastic review. We are over the moon that you thought so highly of our tour and that our amazing guides went the extra mile to ensure it was an experience you will never forget. We look forward to welcoming you back on tour with us! All the best, Jonathon
- KyleHighland Fling4.0 - GoodWritten on April 21, 2018Our guide and her two trainee’s where fantastic! They really made the trip. Caitlin went out of her way to make it extra special! The five days just flew by an…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kyle, we're thrilled that you had such a great time on tour with our amazing guides. We look forward to welcoming you back! All the best, Jonathon
- ValerieHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 19, 2018Gill and Jemma were both amazing tourguides, delighting us with little tidbits of Scottish history intermingled with myths, legends and tales of the faerie worl…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Valerie, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip with Gill and Jemma. They know so much about their home country's history and legends, hopefully you can come back on tour with us for even more stories about fairies! All the best, Stephanie
- EamonHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 14, 2018…xcitement. I would highly recommend this five-day Highland Fling and Haggis Adventures.Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Eamon, I am so pleased you took the time to leave us such a great review. Kirsty and Iain are fantastic and they will be excited to hear you enjoyed your tour so much. They work hard to make sure you are having a memorable experience and love to share their local knowledge with guests. Scotland has a wealth of history and legends which makes for some very entertaining stories, and both Kirsty and Iain love local music! Hopefully you can return for another adventure with us soon. Kind regards, Stephanie
- LLiamPowerCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 10, 2018Amazing 10 day tour. Yvonne was a fantastic guide!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Liam, Yvonne will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your tour so much. Hopefully you can come back again for another adventure with us! Hope to see you soon, Stephanie
- EEmilyHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 7, 2018…oved all the stories that were told and I will be highly recommending Haggis Adventures to my family and friends and will definitely have to do th…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Emily, thank you for your lovely review! We are incredibly happy that you enjoyed our tour and look forward to welcoming you on board for more fun adventures with us again! Kind regards, Jonathon
- LLisaHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 6, 2018…table and clean. We had a great trip and would definitely recommend a Haggis tour to singles and couples.Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHey Lisa, thanks for such an incredible review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our tour and that our amazing guide Kirsty, our off the beaten track itinerary and our comfortable buses helped make the tour such a great experience. We hope to see you back on board soon! Best, Jonathon
- MMadeleineSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 4, 2018Gillian is the BEST! Not only is she a great tour guide- she is so knowledgable about history, geography, and folklore- but she had an awesome personality and g…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Madeleine, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spectacular country, incredible tour and the stories of our amazing guide Gillian so much. We can't promise the extra holiday days but she'll receive bundles of praise and a pat on the back from us! We hope to see you back on tour soon! Regards, Jonathon.
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 70,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.