“If you like Scottish landscapes, music and whiskey, then this is your tour! Our guide Steve was approachable, relaxed and a proud Scot. He shared plenty of anecdotes and the history about the locations. Overnight accommodation was tidy, with clean toilet...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
790 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- RachelCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 18, 2018Absolutely no complaints! Amazing trip all around.
- RitaHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 16, 2018It was an awesome tour, so much fun! With a view of amazingly beautiful sites. Ian the guide was super helpful and kind. Vividly recommend it.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear that your enjoyed your time in the Highlands with Iain. We hope you will come back to Scotland soon. Best, Kim
- JamieHebridean Hopper5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 16, 2018We absolutely loved Gill! She's the best! She organized the best, most beautiful birthday celebration ever. She cared about us. We felt like family by tour's en…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for this beautiful comments. We are glad to hear that you had an amazing time and you met great people to be friends with during the 5 days. It is great to see that Gillian made you holidays more memorable. We hope to see you back in Scotland soon. Best, Kim
- MMitchCurranHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 16, 2018Gill was awesome! Very informative and totally crazy. I’m on my travels 3 and a half months later and I still find myself imitating her accent. Highly highly re…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for the 5 stars review. We are glad to hear that you had a lot of fun with Gill. you should come back to Scotland to practice your Scottish accents skills. Best, Kim
- LLucyTuckerCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 16, 2018Gill was an absolutely amazing guide! Never a dull moment on the tour and the perfect way to explore the Scottish highlands!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for leaving a review for Gill. We appreciate all the beautiful comments and we are glad to hear that you had a great time. Best, Kim
- CCaitlynWildHebridean Hopper5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 16, 2018Gillian is the absolute best! So knowledgeable, so fun, AMAZING driver— she’s everything you could ever want in a tour guide.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the beautiful comments about Gill. It seems you had a great time during your 5 day tour. Best, Kim
- LorenzoHighland Fling4.0 - GoodWritten on August 16, 2018I really liked the Weekender, a tour through which I could experience the most of the Highland I could having two days only.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We are glad to hear that you experienced the most of the Highland. Hopefully you can come back for a longer holiday and see more of the Isles. Best, Kim
- AlastairCoast to Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 15, 2018If you like Scottish landscapes, music and whiskey, then this is your tour! Our guide Steve was approachable, relaxed and a proud Scot. He shared plenty of an…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for leaving a 5 starts review for the Coast to Coast tour and Steve. It is great to hear that you had a great time. We hope you will come back soon. Best, Kim
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Highland Fling
- HAGGiS Adventures - 10 Day Compass Buster Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures - 7 Day Coast to Coast
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Hebridean Hopper
- HAGGiS Adventures - 3 Day Skye High
- HAGGiS Adventures - 2 Day Weekender
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.