- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Haggis Adventures Guides
309 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- DDinabeeHebridean Hopper5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 19, 2017Haggis Adventures is well worth doing if you are looking for a small boutiqu…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Dinabee, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your experience in the Highlands with Duncan and the other passengers. We hope you will come back to Scotland and spend more time with us. Many thanks, Kim
- CCassandraSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 12, 2017The tour was amazing! Caitlin (hopefully that's how it's spelled!) was an incredible guide. She was fun, entertaining, and so knowledgeable. Her positive attitu…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Cassandra, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your Skye High tour. I am so glad that you had a brilliant time and that Caitlin's bubbly personality and wealth of knowledge made for a great tour. Best Wishes, Brenna
- TOTracyHebridean Hopper5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 11, 2017This 5-day tour will take you to some lesser-known parts of the Scottish Highlands and Outer Hebrides and will leave you checking out the local real estate offi…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Tracy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your Hebridean Hopper tour. I am so glad that you had a brilliant time and that Duncan made sure you all made the most of the 5 days with all the sights he showed you as well as the small walks he took you on to experience the stunning Scottish landscape. It is great to hear that Duncan's passion for Scotland really shone through. It certainly sounds like you have made many memories! Best Wishes, Brenna
- ABanthonyCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 6, 2017Me and my partner did the 10 day tour, we had 2 guides, gillian and chris, they great hosts, they were super energetic and very passionate about there amazing…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us and for the very nice comment. I am glad you enjoyed your tour to the Highlands with Gillian and Chris P. It is good to see that you liked the Scottish Landscapes. Kind regards, Kim
- MLMeikeSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 1, 2017Three Days Skye High Tour: - Absolute amazing tour with many highlights - Perfect duration to receive a great impression of the Highlands - Feeling comfort…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Mieke, It's great to hear you enjoyed your tour with Duncan, and thank you so much for taking the time to review us! All the best, Trine
- SLShiqiSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 22, 2017My tour guide is a very passionate guy. He made our trip very funHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad you liked your guide and you enjoyed your day with us. Kind regards, Kim
- MAMathildeHighland Weekender5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 18, 2017Tour was amazing. It was only the 2 days trip but both Greg and Yvonne were amazing guides. Everything was very well explained, very fun, knowledgeable and love…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Mathilde, Thank you for the great review and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the 2 day tour with Greg and Yvonne. Best Wishes, Brenna
- MPMollyHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 15, 2017The trip was awesome! Our guide Gill was fantastic. It's great to have local guides from the area who know their stuff. We did so much in such a short time whic…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Molly, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your 5 day Highland Fling tour. I am so glad to hear that you had a great time with Gillian as your guide. Best Wishes, Brenna
- IIndiraSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 13, 2017I would like to say thank you to our wonderful guide Kirsty. She was brilliant! You can tell she loves her land so much and she is eager to share so many amazin…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Indira, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your Skye High tour. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with Kirsty and that she was able to share many stories with you and show you the hidden gems that only a local knows about. Best Wishes, Brenna
- SJSuzanneSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 12, 2017…his tour group and would go again in a heartbeat. Thank You Steve and Haggis. (3 day tour Edinburugh, Nessie Hunting, Isle of Skye and back - Aug…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Suzanne, Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you had a good time during your 3-day tour. I am glad you meet nice people from your tour and you enjoyed the stop and the stories of you driver Steve. All the best, Kim
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.