“The tour was incredible. Gillian was an amazing tour guide. Morag’s Lodge at Fort Augustus was the best accommodation. The accommodation in Portree could have been a bit better. The bathrooms were rather dirty, and the showers weren’t all that clean. But t...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
1,063 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- ChloeSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 6, 2018I really enjoyed this tour. The guide was great and made us all feel very comfortable. He had endless stories and information about the highlands along the driv…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Chloe, thank you so much for your amazing review! Our guides are the best of the best - I'm so happy that you agree :) hopefully we'll see you again in the future for more adventures. Best, Paula
- PEPeterHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 30, 2018Rich was a brilliant tour guide and just an awesome person in general. The tour went smoothly without any problems, credit to Rich who took care of us all very …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Peter! Thank you for this amazing 5-star review! I agree, Rich is one passionate Scotsman! You are welcome back to the Highlands any time! - Happy travels! - Tim
- BrodieHighland Fling4.0 - GoodWritten on November 30, 2018Had a great time on the 5 day Haggis Adventure with Rich! It's a great way to see the highlands of Scotland if you have no way to get there or are unsure what t…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Brodie! The fearless Rich is an expert navigator! I'm glad he looked after everyone whilst exploring some of the most remote places in the Highlands! Thank you for your feedback and come back for round 2 soon! - Warm wishes - Tim
- AlistairHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 30, 2018This tour was absolutely incredible! Rich was a really great guide, such a genuine and hilarious bloke! Would strongly recommend for anyone looking to do a tour…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alistair! Thank you for this amazing 5-star review! I am thrilled that Rich showed you a highly memorable time! You are welcome back any time! - Best wishes - Tim
- StephanieHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 29, 2018Gill made this tour! She was wonderful, amazing, brilliant! Not enough words to describe her. Her knowledge, her music choices, everything was brilliant. Unlike…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Stephanie! Thank you so much for your kind words, we will pass the message onto Gill. Our drivers love what they do and it's their priority to make sure everyone is having the best time. Hope to see you back again soon! All the best, Paula
- MichaelSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 26, 2018Well another brilliant tour with Haggis Adventures,Iain had brilliant story's to tell and making us laugh and recommend where good around Edinburgh and other pl…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Michael, Thank you for this amazing review! Iain is a wonderful guide and I am glad that he showed you a memorable time. You are welcome back any time :) Warm wishes - Tim
- EEmilyBlandSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 26, 2018Epic entertainment for 3 days straight. Loved every minute :)Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Emily, Thank you for taking the time to review us! I am super thrilled you had a great time in the Isle of Skye! See you again soon! - Happy travels - Tim
- SSigitaSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 25, 2018We went on an Outlander tour and Gill was amazing! Thank you for being so warm, professional and a kick as driver. Hope to see you soo again!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Sigita! thanks for your great review! Gill is our legendary tour driver and she knows how to make everyone feel welcome. All best, Karolina.
- HHayleyBathardHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 22, 2018This tour was fantastic and I loved it! It was a great way to see some of Scotland, and Gill was great. It would have been good to have a bit more time in some …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Hayley! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled you had an amazing time with Gil. There is so much of Scotland to see and do and we wish we could fit even more into our tour days! We will pass this wonderful feedback onto Gill and we can't wait to show you more again soon :) - Safe travels - Tim
- KKaitlinCrookeHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 19, 2018The tour was incredible. Gillian was an amazing tour guide. Morag’s Lodge at Fort Augustus was the best accommodation. The accommodation in Portree could have b…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kaitlin! Thank you for taking the time to review Haggis Adventures. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad, and I'm sorry the accommodation did not live up to your expectations. However, it sounds like you had a great time with the amazing Gill! You are welcome back for more Scotland adventures any time! - Happy travels - Tim
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Highland Fling
- HAGGiS Adventures - 10 Day Compass Buster Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures - 7 Day Coast to Coast
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Hebridean Hopper
- HAGGiS Adventures - 3 Day Skye High
- HAGGiS Adventures - 2 Day Weekender
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.