“Best tour I have ever been on the Charlie and Duncan we're awesome keeping the entertainment going constantly. Charlie kept the laughs coming as we learned about Scotland and some of the folks tales while Duncan made sure we knew about the history of the l...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
1,248 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- AMAndrewSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 18, 2019Calum and Tom were fantastic guides. Would absolutely recommend the tour yo friends and family!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Andrew, thank you so much for leaving a review of your tour with Calum and Tom! They will both be pleased to hear that you had such a good time on tour with them. We hope to see you again in Scotland! All the best, Jemma
- EEmilySkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 18, 2019everything is perfect!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Emily! Thank you so much for leaving a review of your Skye High tour. It's great to hear that you really enjoyed yourself. We hope to welcome you on our tours again in the future. Take care, Jemma
- SsaralHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 15, 2019Calum was super informative and also made the whole tour relaxed and a lot of fun! Very glas I chose this company amd got him as a guide! Seemed to really care …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello! Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of your tour with Calum! Sounds like you had a great 5 days around Scotland. We hope you'll return for another tour with us in the future! Take care, Jemma
- TomSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 15, 2019Was one of the best experiences I've had. Calum and the crew really looked after us, the tour was informative, hilarious, and I made friends that I still have t…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Tom, thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you've had an amazing time in the Highlands, and we will definitely pass that on to Calum and the crew. We hope to see you again in Scotland sometime. Cheers, Richard.
- EEmmaParksHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 15, 2019Had such a great time, Cal was hilarious and made everyone feel welcome and involved.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Emma, thanks for leaving a review of your Highland Fling tour with Cal. Sounds like you had an amazing time with everyone on tour. We hope to see you again in the future. Take care, Jemma
- BBenSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 14, 2019Haggis Adventures did an outstanding job providing the trip of a lifetime! The scenery, lodging, and educational information was all amazing, but our guide Calu…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Ben, thank you so much for your amazing review of Skye High! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much thanks so our wonderful guides. I'm so happy that your tour fulfilled or even surpassed your expectations, and I hope that you'll be back :) Cheers, Paula.
- BBenjaminDaveySkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 12, 2019This tour was incredible. I thought the locations were perfect and Charlie and Duncan were brilliant guides. They were professional and engaging while striving …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Benjamin, thanks for leaving this wonderful review of your Skye High tour! Sounds like you had a great time with Charlie and Duncan! They always do their best to make sure you have an unforgettable time. We hope to see you again in the future. Take care, Jemma
- JJonathanSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 12, 2019Best tour I have ever been on the Charlie and Duncan we're awesome keeping the entertainment going constantly. Charlie kept the laughs coming as we learned abou…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jonathan, thanks for leaving this fantastic review of your tour with Duncan and Charlie. Sounds like you had a pretty memorable time tour! We hope you will join us again on tour in the future! Take care, Jemma
- 濠诚Skye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 12, 2019Thank you for the amazing tour. Total enjoyen the beautiful view of the scotlandHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello! Thanks for leaving a great review of your tour with Haggis Adventures. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful views of Scotland. We hope to see you again in the future. Take care, Jemma
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Highland Fling
- HAGGiS Adventures - 10 Day Compass Buster Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures - 7 Day Coast to Coast
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Hebridean Hopper
- HAGGiS Adventures - 3 Day Skye High
- HAGGiS Adventures - 2 Day Weekender
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 35,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.