“Lee was an amazing guide and highly recommend taking a tour with him if you get a chance! He'll regale you with legends and stories of old, while dancing a wee jig and blessing your ears with his wonderful voice, telling tales of evil Scotsmen. He's great ...“
Haggis Adventures Guides
- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that ...
Back in 1993 a dynamic team of Scots established a backpacker travel company that broke the mould - fully guided trips that allowed intrepid young adventurers to discover Scotland with the best, most knowledgeable and sexiest Guides leading the way. We believe that a country's culture, history, myths and legends can only truly come to life through a local. We have always stuck stubbornly to our mission – to make every trip we run the best yet and have never cancelled a single trip. You have made the effort to come and explore our country so the least we can do is show you around.Read more
936 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- LisaHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 18, 2018Awesome tour! I had a blast travelling the country with Michael as a guide. I would highly recommend visiting Scotland and booking this tour when you go!
- AriHebridean Hopper4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 18, 2018Yvonne was a fun tour leader who knew just how to keep us interested in the many different stories of scotland. I am so glad I went on this tour with her!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Ari! Thank you very much for your appreciation and 5-star review. We will make sure that it will get to Yvonne. Great to know that you had a fantastic experience!. Cheers, Karolina
- MMargyHebridean Hopper3.5 - GoodWritten on October 17, 2018Yvonne was an excellent guide and the information and scenery spectacular. Unfortunately the tour was not right for me. It is designed for young people on very …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there! Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your tour. Haggis Adventures tours are designed for backpackers traveling on a budget. We don't have an upper age limit, as long as you are fit enough and open for this type of experience, everyone is welcome to join our tours. While I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with certain aspects of the tour delivery, I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed the tour with Yvonne. Cheers, Karolina.
- AAnonymousSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 17, 2018Three cheers for Fiona! Yes she is prettier than the one in Shrek! But more than that an excellent guide! She made sure we had an amazing timeHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi, thanks for your review! We are very happy to know that you had a fab time traveling across the country with Fiona. Hope to see you back to Scotland. Cheers, Karolina
- MicaelaSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 17, 2018I loved my trip to Scotland! We got to so many cool locations. Rich was an amazing guide who made the experience above and beyond. He’s bringing the art of stor…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Micaela! The legend Rich strikes again with yet another amazing tour! The Isle of Skye is stunning. And with Rich as your guide, you are sure to have a great time! Thank you for this review and you are welcome back any time :) safe travels - Tim
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Highland Fling
- HAGGiS Adventures - 10 Day Compass Buster Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures - 7 Day Coast to Coast
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Hebridean Hopper
- HAGGiS Adventures - 3 Day Skye High
- HAGGiS Adventures - 2 Day Weekender
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people…"
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to…"
- "I have been working for Haggis Adventures and Highland Explorer for a year and a half now, and it has…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.