“Canadian Rockies Mountaineering Course This trip was a perfect first taste into the world of mountaineering. I learnt a lot about safety and rescue on the mountain and left the course feeling much more confident in these areas, which is one of the most i...“
- Active holidays in Canada from coast to coast
- Supported self-guided and small group guided adventures
- Innovative itineraries to the best trails in Canada
- Quality services at the best value
Innovative Active Itineraries We do things a little differently. Even when visiting major parks, we venture into areas away from the large tourist sites. Accessing secluded vantage points enables us to gain a unique insight into these spectacular regions. Our vast s...
Innovative Active Itineraries We do things a little differently. Even when visiting major parks, we venture into areas away from the large tourist sites. Accessing secluded vantage points enables us to gain a unique insight into these spectacular regions. Our vast selection of itineraries draws upon some of the country’s most inspiring landscapes, incredible networks of trails, and stunning national parks, showcasing communities along the way. Leaders in the Field Great Canadian Trails has been created by one of the world’s most experienced adventure tour operators, World Expeditions. Since 1975, World Expeditions has used our understanding of the land to carefully construct trekking, cycling, rafting, climbing and kayaking adventures around the globe. With operations based out of Ottawa, Canada, GCT offers a range of unique, self guided and small group guided adventures across the country. Expert Guides Each guided adventure is led by exceptional leaders whose local knowledge, professionalism, and passion for the outdoors ensure an enriched experience. On remote hikes, you can feel confident that you are in safe hands with leaders certified in wilderness first-aid and the backcountry know-how that only comes from experience and a deep understanding of their natural environment. Self Guided Options Prefer independent travel but without the hassle of planning or carrying all of your gear? GCT offers supported, self guided hiking and cycling packages across the country. Each self guided itinerary has been tried and tested with every detail accounted for. We’ll provide you with bicycles, accommodation, luggage transfers, route notes and maps, and emergency assistance so that all you need to do is spend the day exploring at your own pace, until your heart’s content. Great Value Quality services at the best prices make our adventures great value for money. Having essential items like internal mountain flights, experienced guides, National Park fees, meals, sightseeing and entry fees included in the trip cost allows you to better budget for your big adventure. Our excellent safety record, outstanding service, and commitment to responsible and sustainable travel practices guarantee you unsurpassed value for money. We create excellent adventures! Our trips have featured in the world’s most prestigious magazines, blogs, and newspapers including: The New York Times, Explore Magazine, Outpost Magazine, Canadian Geographic, Great Walks Magazine, Traveller, The Great Canadian Bucketlist and more. International Flavour World Expeditions is truly global company with offices in Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand. When you join one of GCT’s small group adventures, you can expect a fun mix of nationalities to share the trails with – Typically leading to heaps of interesting conversation and lots of laughs! Responsible Travel We aim to ensure that our destinations retain their natural character and cultural diversity for future generations. Read more about our commitment to responsible travel and true sustainability.Read more
11 Great Canadian Trails Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JKJustusGros Morne Sampler5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 8, 2019It's a fantastische adventure. Rebecca and Ian are experienced guides. I totales recommend it!Great Canadian Trails commented on this reviewHi Justus, Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your adventure in Newfoundland.
- DafneHigh Trails of the Canadian Rockies5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 20, 2018It was amazing, the best trip ever. I'm really happy to choose Great Canadian Trails.
- JuanHigh Trails of the Canadian Rockies5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 2, 2018Fantastic! Anne and Sharon are great
- SSStephenMountains of Western Canada on Foot4.0 - GoodWritten on September 12, 2017Excellent guide. Good accommodation. Trails sometimes tough especially going down. Unfortunately couple of days of bad smoke from forest fires.
- LLDCanadian Rockies Mountaineering Course5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 11, 2017Canadian Rockies Mountaineering Course This trip was a perfect first taste into the world of mountaineering. I learnt a lot about safety and rescue on the moun…Read more
Great Canadian Trails Tours
About Great Canadian Trails
Great Canadian Trails videos
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Summer
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Winter
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!