“The women empowerment project is very interesting and well structured. While working with the women, I realized I was giving my contribution, however small, to an effective project which gives local community, especially women and girls, many chances to st...“
- Travel and Volunteering Options
- 24x7 Support
- Established in 2000
- Airport-to-airport support
We are a new and dynamic travel company focused on volunteer abroad as well as creating exciting experience for young people all over the world. Experience authentic culture by developing yourself and making new friends during travel across Thailand, India, Vietnam, ...
We are a new and dynamic travel company focused on volunteer abroad as well as creating exciting experience for young people all over the world. Experience authentic culture by developing yourself and making new friends during travel across Thailand, India, Vietnam, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Travel on fully packaged, safe, affordable, easy to organise trips with lots of activities and adventures along with young people from all over the world.Read more
27 Idex Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- MMashaSri Lanka Volunteering - 15 Days4.0 - GoodWritten on January 28, 2019It was a fantastic experience! Maybe cut down on the price for the accommodation, food and weekend trips and then it would be perfect - thanks!
- SSaraSri Lanka Volunteering - 15 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 13, 2018Very well organized, cozy feeling at the house and great help with everything from planning to executing the lessons. All good!
- DiannNepal Volunteering - 15 Days4.0 - GoodWritten on December 7, 2018The accommodation needs a lot of work with most of the windows and doors not closing properly making the rooms cold and noisy. The toilets and showers are not …Read moreIdex commented on this reviewThank you Diann for your kind feedback, we will work on this to make sure that they get fixed soon.
- The India Experience Program
- Lisa Shares Her Story as a Volunteer in Jaipur
- Thrilling Vietnam for First Time Volunteers
- Nepal Volunteer Stories
- Volunteer & Travel in Sri Lanka
- Show more...
- Sri Lanka Turtle Conservation
- Just "spur of the moment" sharing by Thailand volunteers
- GOA - Volunteering at Idex
- Travel and Volunteer in Goa
- Maria From Thailand Volunteer And Travel Program
- TourRadar presents Chiang Mai
- Corinna from Ireland sharing her experience from Nepal Volunteering Program
- Volunteer House at Kathmandu Nepal
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What type of accommodation will we be staying in?
All accommodations are subject to change until shortly before the departure date, therefore IDEX cannot confirm a set accommodation list. Your specific accommodation details will be in your final tour documents, which will be released 3 - 4 weeks prior to departure.
Are flights included?
As we have travellers from all over the world, flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. We recommend that you do not book your flights until your place on the tour has been confirmed. Check out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner to book your flight - https://flights.tourradar.com
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
As we are tour booking specialists, we cannot book additional accommodation for your tour and you must arrange this yourself.
I'm under 18, can I go on these tours?
Yes! IDEX has many volunteers with a variety of ages. Please make sure you provide a release letter from a parent/guardian upon booking.
Do I need any vaccines?
We recommend you contact a medical professional for the most up to date and accurate information. TourRadar cannot legally give medical advice and we want you to be well prepared for your trip of a lifetime!
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
All IDEX tours are based on a sharing of 2 - 6 people per room. Therefore, if you are travelling solo you will be roomed with other volunteers of the same gender.
Alternatively, if you prefer the privacy of your own room you can purchase a single supplement. Please note that you are only required to pay the single supplement and “upgrade to your own room” if you are travelling solo and wish to have your own room. They are completely optional. Upgrades are available upon request, so please contact your Travel Expert if you wish to upgrade.
What is the food like?
The meals included in the tour costs include mostly traditional foods specific to your tour location. There are also a few days where you can snack on continental foods like pizza, pasta and cake!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Yes. Most of the tours have different starting points, so IDEX has made it easier to get to your tour location by offering airport transfers.
Can I bring donations?
Unfortunately, IDEX does not allow donations as there is plenty of materials available locally and donated materials do not support the local communities. Please contact your Travel Expert if you require more information.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, how cool is that! You will receive a certificate before the end of your tour to thank you for all of your generosity.