- 1996(Refurbished 2016)
- 123.0 m / 404 ft
- Gross Tonnage
- 19.5 m / 64 ft
- Cruising Speed
- 18 knots
Polarlys is Norwegian for 'polar light', the Arctic's special natural radiance that we pursue during winter.
MS Polarlys has her own onboard Expedition Team and serves as a university at sea. Interesting lectures, presentations and activities inside as well as out on the ship´s sun deck make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in. The Expedition Team will host a lecture and presentation program and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of “friluftsliv,” and encourage you take part in “friluftsliv” hikes and activities during the cruise.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage. Read more about our Expedition Teams here.
MS Polarlys was refurbished in 2016 and now features a modern, Arctic-inspired interior. Onboard are three different restaurants, the Multe bakery and ice cream bar, a sauna and a fitness room. Out on deck you can enjoy the view from one of our two hot tubs. We have a comfortable bar at the front of the ship where you can enjoy a nice traditional drink and a large compass area with reception, the Expedition Team a tour guide, conference room and shop.
- Expedition Team
- Refurbished in 2016
- Three restaurants
- Multe bakery and ice cream bar
- Explorer bar lounge
- Fitness room
- Conference room
- Car deck
- Hot tubs
Staterooms / Suites
- Expedition Suite - Suite on upper deck(M4)
- Expedition Suite - Mini suite on upper deck(Q2)
- Expedition Suite - Mini Suite on upper deck(Q4)
- Arctic Superior - Upper deck for 2 travelers(U2D)
- Arctic Superior - Upper deck for 2 travelers(P2)
- Arctic Superior - Upper deck for 2 travelers(P2D)
- Polar Inside -Upper deck for up to 3 travelers(K3)
- Polar Inside - Lower deck for 1 traveler(I1)
- Polar Inside - Lower deck for 2 travelers(I2)
- Polar Outside - Middle deck for 2 travelers(O2)
- Polar Outside - Upper deck for 3 travelers(O3)
- Polar Outside-Middle deck for 3 travelers(N3)
- Polar Outside - Middle deck - 2 travelers(N2)
- Polar Outside - Lower deck for 2 travelers(L2)
- Polar Outside - Upper deck for 3 travelers(J3)
- Polar Outside - Upper deck for 2 travelers(J2D)
These elegant suites on the upper deck have one or two rooms and a seating area. The suites also have a TV and internet access, and a great view.
Savour bountiful breakfast buffets and three-course evening meals in the dining room, with its panoramic windows to ensure you don’t miss the magnificent views even when dining. Experience delicious authentic Norwegian cuisine and eat like a true local with Hurtigruten’s unique dining concept, Norway's Coastal Kitchen. Guaranteeing seasonal, fresh food from the local area, the talented chefs enjoy telling the story of the local area through their delicious dishes.