“It was awesome to have Erik as a guide. He was super nice and informative. The only downside to the tour was that we felt some of the stops where a bit too long and others a bit short. And the expense of the hotel dinners though it was announced beforehand...“
- Oldest tour operator in Iceland
- Highly trained multi-lingual guides
- Tours for Summer and Winter Adventures
- Private fleet of modern, comfortable buses
AN INTRODUCTION TO GUÐMUNDUR JÓNASSON TRAVEL For more than 85 years, our company has hosted travellers from all corners of the world. Through Guðmundur Jónasson Travel, many have returned time and time again together with their families and friends, to experience Ic...
AN INTRODUCTION TO GUÐMUNDUR JÓNASSON TRAVEL For more than 85 years, our company has hosted travellers from all corners of the world. Through Guðmundur Jónasson Travel, many have returned time and time again together with their families and friends, to experience Iceland's unique, beautiful nature and historical traditions. Our dedicated Team never lose sight of the 'personal touch,' and work hard to ensure that the varied and interesting itineraries offered by Guðmundur Jónasson Travel provide fully for the needs of today's travelers. Self-drive, scheduled escorted round trips and group tours We also offer self-drive itineraries where we pre-book accommodation and car hire so that travellers can enjoy the scenery at their own pace with the peace-of-mind that Guðmundur Jónasson Travel has carefully selected the routes to ensure maximum enjoyment. In addition to scheduled tours, our highly experienced Group Planning Department can create itineraries to suit particular needs. These include specific 'special interest' tours for groups keen on photography, bird watching or geology – and for school trips, as well as organizing walking and natural history tours. They will arrange for all accommodation and transportation – which can include camping, farmhouse accommodation and/or hotels – and we always provide a specialist tour guide.Read more
65 GJ Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 3.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 3 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Anne Maree
- TerenceGuided Iceland Circle4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 6, 2019Our guide and driver, Jonas, was excellent. Very confident driver and very knowledgable guide. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
- MargueriteTasiilaq & Kulusuk - 4 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 1, 2019Other worldly.. no frills, expedition type.. I love fed it!
- NavLand of Northern Lights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 6, 2019We loved the country so much we are planning on coming back. Peaceful, beautiful and proud people.
- RAruthLand of Northern Lights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 3, 2019I’ve been recommending this awesome tour. An amazing way to explor Iceland. GJ travel and Erynn our tourr guide were fantastic
- JPJohnNorthern Lights Exploration - 8 Days4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 12, 2019Iceland is wonderful even with the cold and wind
GJ Travel Tours
About GJ Travel
GJ Travel videos
- Northern Lights Exploration
- Guided Iceland Circle
- Say Yes to Iceland
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Land of the Northern Lights
- Show more...
- Auroras, Volcanoes and Glacier Lagoon
- Iceland Country Life
- TourRadar presents Iceland with GJ Travel
- TourRadar presents Iceland with John
- TourRadar presents GJ Travel
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
GJ Travel Photos
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!