AN INTRODUCTION TO GUÐMUNDUR JÓNASSON TRAVEL For more than 85 years, our company has hosted travellers from all corners of the world. Through Guðmundur Jónasson Travel, many have returned time and time again together with their families and friends, to experience Ic...
AN INTRODUCTION TO GUÐMUNDUR JÓNASSON TRAVEL For more than 85 years, our company has hosted travellers from all corners of the world. Through Guðmundur Jónasson Travel, many have returned time and time again together with their families and friends, to experience Iceland's unique, beautiful nature and historical traditions. Our dedicated Team never lose sight of the 'personal touch,' and work hard to ensure that the varied and interesting itineraries offered by Guðmundur Jónasson Travel provide fully for the needs of today's travelers. Self-drive, scheduled escorted round trips and group tours We also offer self-drive itineraries where we pre-book accommodation and car hire so that travellers can enjoy the scenery at their own pace with the peace-of-mind that Guðmundur Jónasson Travel has carefully selected the routes to ensure maximum enjoyment. In addition to scheduled tours, our highly experienced Group Planning Department can create itineraries to suit particular needs. These include specific 'special interest' tours for groups keen on photography, bird watching or geology – and for school trips, as well as organizing walking and natural history tours. They will arrange for all accommodation and transportation – which can include camping, farmhouse accommodation and/or hotels – and we always provide a specialist tour guide.Read more
5 GJ Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 3 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- 2.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 3 / 5
- 3 / 5
- SFSukiGuided Iceland Circle4.0 - GoodWritten on October 19, 2017so far the trip was good and very well organise. The accormodation is good my tour guide also good. Wish to visit iceland in futureGJ Travel commented on this reviewDear Suki, thanks for these feedbacks, we are always happy to receive comments from satisfied customers and are looking forward to seeing you in the future, maybe for one of our Northern Lights signature tours.
- ECEdGrand Tour of Iceland2.0 - Rather poorWritten on September 4, 2017GJ Travel is a travel company that does a bait and switch on the hotel rooms…Read moreGJ Travel commented on this reviewDear Ed, Thank you for your feedback. The unexpected change of hotel happened due to the original hotels being fully booked for a long time and keeping our reservation on a waiting list. For Day 3, when the first alternative hotel came to place, our general itinerary says: We will stay two nights in the area of Patreksfjörður. The accommodation was at Hotel West, which as a four-star rating on Google and Trip Advisor; 8,8 (fabulous) on Booking.com, and generally very good reviews. It is centrally located in the fishing town of Patreksfjörður. The second change on Day 10, our general itinerary says: We spend the night near Skaftafell in the southern part of Vatnajökull National Park. The accommodation was at Guesthouse Gerði, which has a four-star rating on Google, 3,5* on Trip Advisor, and 7,7 at Booking.com, and has quite good reviews because of its location, size of rooms, and charm. On the tour bus, you were unfortunately given an un-updated itinerary, which caused the confusion. We also talked to our guide, who failed to inform you about the change in a good time in advance. We instructed him that this information is very important to mention in the beginning if such changes should occur. For the inconvenience, we provided meals and drinks, of which one of the was at Restaurant Bryggjan with a very high rating in Akureyri (4,4* at Trip Advisor) and the Black Beach Restaurant with a great location on the black sand beach near Dyrhólaey with a very good rating, too. Since the last restaurant is in a very remote location with a unique place and view, the menu is limited to lamb, fish, hamburgers, and sandwiches. As there is very high demand for hotels in Iceland, the price for accommodation is very high. At these two alternative hotels, the price reached the originally booked hotels. Our company really did not pocket anything. Hope that despite the unexpected accommodation change and the failure of ours to provide information about it in a good time in advance you enjoyed the trip.
- IIrinaGuided Iceland Circle3.0 - AverageWritten on August 12, 2017…taking the optional boat ride had to rush through things. I write the GJ Travel asking to at least credit me for the difference in the room price …Read moreGJ Travel commented on this reviewDear Irina, Thank you very much for your feedback. We do value it very much. We have already taken measures and talked to the guide about it. We would like to keep all our clients happy and therefore your opinion matters to us a lot as it will help us to improve. For the inconvenience in one hotel change, which was due to the original hotel for one night beeing overbooked, we have offered a drink for each passenger and an entrance to a glacier museum at Perlanmuseum in Reykjavik. All rooms at our tour are in a standard category and were at tourist-class hotels such as Icelandairhotel Natura, Icelandairhotel Akureyri, Fosshotel Húsavík, Icelandairhotel Hérað, Icelandairhotel Flúðir. We once again apologize for any inconvenience caused and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour. Please let us know if there is anything else we should know about, it will help us improve. Thank you. Have a nice day, Branislav GJ Travel
GJ Travel Tours
About GJ Travel
GJ Travel video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!